2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!!

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!!

Post  Bluey on Wed 16 Dec 2009, 6:09 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
duffyyercarmister? wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:I know one of Hibbo's family members so I've got a lot of time for him, but at the end of the day we need better in that position. We've known this for a while, but nobody has come in (either as a signing or through the ranks) to displace him. Still think he's got a place in the squad as opposed to be binned off completely. At the very least you're gonna get 100% from him in every game he plays.

Au contraire, I think both Heitinga* and Neill, especially Neill are here as Hibbo's replacement, and Coleman is breathing down his neck. SO we have possibly 4 in that role. I'm more concerned about lack of depth in the other three back positions and especially cover for Baines.

Neither Hibbo or Baines get skinned by old style dribblers, they tend to lose out to the kick and rush types.

* okay Heitinga is possibly Pip/Carsleys replacement.

Heittinga is rubbish at right back. Neill looked good at Bolton in that position but we don't know who Moyes prefers and he was hardly a major transfer target during the summer was he? Coleman will hopefully come through but its still early days, look who he favoured at Chelsea. Erm, so yeah my point still stands
Phil Neville I think will end up at right back. Heitinga will either be centre mid or central defence alongside Jags.
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike on Wed 16 Dec 2009, 6:53 pm

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:I know one of Hibbo's family members so I've got a lot of time for him, but at the end of the day we need better in that position. We've known this for a while, but nobody has come in (either as a signing or through the ranks) to displace him. Still think he's got a place in the squad as opposed to be binned off completely. At the very least you're gonna get 100% from him in every game he plays.

Au contraire, I think both Heitinga* and Neill, especially Neill are here as Hibbo's replacement, and Coleman is breathing down his neck. SO we have possibly 4 in that role. I'm more concerned about lack of depth in the other three back positions and especially cover for Baines.

Neither Hibbo or Baines get skinned by old style dribblers, they tend to lose out to the kick and rush types.

Heittinga is rubbish at right back. Neill looked good at Bolton in that position but we don't know who Moyes prefers and he was hardly a major transfer target during the summer was he? Coleman will hopefully come through but its still early days, look who he favoured at Chelsea. Erm, so yeah my point still stands
Phil Neville I think will end up at right back. Heitinga will either be centre mid or central defence alongside Jags.
I think that's where Heitinga will end up. I'd have reservations about the lack of height (both 5' 11'') but both seem to win their fair share of headers. Plus Heitinga is good with the ball at his feet and it will be nice to have a centre half who can carry the ball out from the back.

However, his versatility might actually count against Heitinga. With Distin and Yobo in reserve, he might just get moved around to fill in gaps when needed (midfield, full back etc). This might prevent him settling into a partnership with Jagielka (or any other centre half).

Interestingly though, there's plenty of options back there once everyone's fit. For once Moyes has four centre halves (Jagielka, Heitinga, Yobo, Distin) plus Neill, Hibbert, Coleman, Neville for the right back slot. Shame there's only Baines on the left (although I see Bidwell is starting tomorrow).
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey on Wed 16 Dec 2009, 7:53 pm

MagicMike wrote:
Blueyaletdinov wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:

I think that's where Heitinga will end up. I'd have reservations about the lack of height (both 5' 11'') but both seem to win their fair share of headers. Plus Heitinga is good with the ball at his feet and it will be nice to have a centre half who can carry the ball out from the back.

However, his versatility might actually count against Heitinga. With Distin and Yobo in reserve, he might just get moved around to fill in gaps when needed (midfield, full back etc). This might prevent him settling into a partnership with Jagielka (or any other centre half).

Interestingly though, there's plenty of options back there once everyone's fit. For once Moyes has four centre halves (Jagielka, Heitinga, Yobo, Distin) plus Neill, Hibbert, Coleman, Neville for the right back slot. Shame there's only Baines on the left (although I see Bidwell is starting tomorrow).
But with a fit Neville you have cover there too, but I don't particularly rate him at left back at all.
Bluey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hibbo joins the injury list

Post  toffee_pies on Sat 02 Jan 2010, 6:59 pm

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/boss-confirms-hibbert-knock.html

Looks like Coleman may get a chance against Arsenal
toffee_pies

Number of posts : 5080
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Sat 02 Jan 2010, 8:09 pm

DM being nice about dropping him....

against the pace that l'Arse have Coleman is a good option.
mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17163
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Mon 04 Jan 2010, 12:35 pm

Wonder if we'll see Coleman get a run out or will it be Neville?

would prefer to see Coleman given a good chance but would rather see Nev at RB than in the centre mid position and he is too important a player so he will be played somewhere.
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Mon 04 Jan 2010, 12:50 pm

Valentino Blue wrote:Wonder if we'll see Coleman get a run out or will it be Neville?

would prefer to see Coleman given a good chance but would rather see Nev at RB than in the centre mid position and he is too important a player so he will be played somewhere.

It would be unfair to stick Coleman in now against Arsenal, with little playing time behind him, especially if he gets exposed defensively. He should have had a start on saturday to get 90mins behind him. We probably wouldnt have made such hard work of it either!

Got to feel Moyes is been too loyal to Hibbert because he did a few fillers across the back line before Christmas.

Number of posts : 26846
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Mon 04 Jan 2010, 1:07 pm

Coleman's mustard wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:Wonder if we'll see Coleman get a run out or will it be Neville?

It would be unfair to stick Coleman in now against Arsenal, with little playing time behind him, especially if he gets exposed defensively. He should have had a start on saturday to get 90mins behind him. We probably wouldnt have made such hard work of it either!

Got to feel Moyes is been too loyal to Hibbert because he did a few fillers across the back line before Christmas.

Moyes is loyal to whoever he feels will do the job. Hibbo is a solid premier league right back with plenty of experience. Moyes uses him because his nature is to be cautious and play the percentages. Hibbo is the steady eddie option, Coleman is a bucaneering right back who will create chances and maybe leave you open at times. Moyes will see them both in training and probably sees the flaws in Coleman's defensive game, which leads him to play it safe with hibbo.

I am surprised moyes didn't give Coleman a start on saturday, but if you look at the line up it was pretty much the strongest we have available. Hopefully the injury crisis can give coleman the opportunity to get some premier league experience under his belt.
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike on Mon 04 Jan 2010, 1:14 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Coleman's mustard wrote:

Moyes is loyal to whoever he feels will do the job. Hibbo is a solid premier league right back with plenty of experience. Moyes uses him because his nature is to be cautious and play the percentages. Hibbo is the steady eddie option, Coleman is a bucaneering right back who will create chances and maybe leave you open at times. Moyes will see them both in training and probably sees the flaws in Coleman's defensive game, which leads him to play it safe with hibbo.

I am surprised moyes didn't give Coleman a start on saturday, but if you look at the line up it was pretty much the strongest we have available. Hopefully the injury crisis can give coleman the opportunity to get some premier league experience under his belt.

My worry about Coleman is that Arsenal's quick passing game may leave him exposed, especially with Billy in front of him. Benfica tormented him, and although it was a debut and he was playing left back, I don't think Arsenal will be any more forgiving.

On the upside, he could really hurt Arsenal and push their left back (and maybe even left mid) back into their own half of the pitch, nullifying their attacking threat. We know Clichy, Traore etc (whoever they play there) like to come forward, which could leave gaps for Coleman to exploit.

Could go either way. One thing important to mention though, is that he's a plucky fellow and if he gets a go from the off, I'd expect him to give it a good go.
MagicMike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Mon 04 Jan 2010, 1:26 pm

MagicMike wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Coleman's mustard wrote:

My worry about Coleman is that Arsenal's quick passing game may leave him exposed, especially with Billy in front of him. Benfica tormented him, and although it was a debut and he was playing left back, I don't think Arsenal will be any more forgiving.

On the upside, he could really hurt Arsenal and push their left back (and maybe even left mid) back into their own half of the pitch, nullifying their attacking threat. We know Clichy, Traore etc (whoever they play there) like to come forward, which could leave gaps for Coleman to exploit.

Could go either way. One thing important to mention though, is that he's a plucky fellow and if he gets a go from the off, I'd expect him to give it a good go.

Agree with that, but as we saw against chelsea, you have to have a go at the bigger teams at the very least. The way billy's playing at the moment, i'd drop him and play neville at RB and Coleman on the right of midfield. Alternatively, you play Coleman at Right back and have midfield general Neville covering his swashbuckling runs up the flank. Either way, it'll be a tough game for us whoever plays, so we may at least have a player who can run at players and beat them. The biggest plusses for us could be Alex Song going to the ACN and Fabregas possibly being injured. You still have to cope with the rest of their team, but those are two big players for them.
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Mon 04 Jan 2010, 1:29 pm

MagicMike wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Coleman's mustard wrote:

I think Hibbert has benefitted from the injuries to our centre backs. it seemed clear with the players we looked at in the summer and tried to sign that Right back was a fairly important position to strenghten however due to loosing lescott, yobo and distin and Jags return date being rumoured to be a month or two off stll We seem shakey with the partnership of neil and hetinga and have been conceding some soft goals in my opinion due to a lack of concentration or understanding between the pair. Moyes has probably favoured hibbo as, with neville out also, defensively he's the most reliable and tested option so playing a promising young but inexperienced right back would be adding further uncertainty into an already weak/shakey back line and i can see why he would see that as a risk.
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike on Mon 04 Jan 2010, 1:35 pm

Tonteau wrote:
MagicMike wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Coleman's mustard wrote:

Agree with that, but as we saw against chelsea, you have to have a go at the bigger teams at the very least. The way billy's playing at the moment, i'd drop him and play neville at RB and Coleman on the right of midfield. Alternatively, you play Coleman at Right back and have midfield general Neville covering his swashbuckling runs up the flank. Either way, it'll be a tough game for us whoever plays, so we may at least have a player who can run at players and beat them. The biggest plusses for us could be Alex Song going to the ACN and Fabregas possibly being injured. You still have to cope with the rest of their team, but those are two big players for them.
I can't agree with that enough! It has been apparent this season more than ever that the 'Big Four' are far from infallible. They all have weaknesses and look very suspect at times. No matter how much you might dislike them, Villa have taken points (and wins) from the top lot by getting after them and trying to put them on the back foot.

I'm not suggesting we go gung-ho cavalier style at the Emirates, but we shouldn't be scared of attacking Arsenal and trying to hurt them.

My main worry is that Moyes will pack the midfield, putting Neville alongside Fellaini in an attempt to stifle Arsenal. This might simply invite Arsenal on to us, and we don't have the pace (bar Vaughan) to really counter against them.

Oh for a buccaneering midfielder who could run at the opposition's midfield!
MagicMike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike on Mon 04 Jan 2010, 1:36 pm

Valentino Blue wrote:
MagicMike wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Coleman's mustard wrote:

I think Hibbert has benefitted from the injuries to our centre backs. it seemed clear with the players we looked at in the summer and tried to sign that Right back was a fairly important position to strenghten however due to loosing lescott, yobo and distin and Jags return date being rumoured to be a month or two off stll We seem shakey with the partnership of neil and hetinga and have been conceding some soft goals in my opinion due to a lack of concentration or understanding between the pair. Moyes has probably favoured hibbo as, with neville out also, defensively he's the most reliable and tested option so playing a promising young but inexperienced right back would be adding further uncertainty into an already weak/shakey back line and i can see why he would see that as a risk.
I think that's a fair point.
MagicMike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 04 Jan 2010, 1:46 pm

It surely has to be Pip at RB against Arse.. we need our most exeprienced in defence for this one...

let's not forget day one Crying or Very sad
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33362
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

2: Tony Hibbert: Hibbert Scores We Riot

Post  Bryan on Fri 15 Jan 2010, 3:08 pm

out for 6 weeks - knee op.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14335
Registration date : 2006-01-30

View user profile http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Fri 15 Jan 2010, 3:09 pm

Coleman at right back and Neville centre back then. Hopefully Distin isn't to far off a return to the first team.
Super

Number of posts : 36087
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan on Fri 15 Jan 2010, 3:10 pm

Super wrote:Coleman at right back and Neville centre back then. Hopefully Distin isn't to far off a return to the first team.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/distin-could-return-for-city.html

Bryan

Number of posts : 14335
Registration date : 2006-01-30

View user profile http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Fri 15 Jan 2010, 3:10 pm

Bryan wrote:
Super wrote:Coleman at right back and Neville centre back then. Hopefully Distin isn't to far off a return to the first team.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/distin-could-return-for-city.html

cheers
Super

Number of posts : 36087
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Fri 15 Jan 2010, 5:17 pm

Says it's a Hernia on the OS:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/hernia-rules-hibbert-out.html

get well soon, Tone.
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  yankthetoffee on Fri 15 Jan 2010, 7:30 pm

Bryan wrote:out for 6 weeks - knee op.

This make the timing of Neill's departure even stranger.

(Didn't Hibbo have a double hernia op a couple of years ago? Bad news if it's gone again on him.)
yankthetoffee

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2005-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey on Fri 15 Jan 2010, 8:32 pm

Have to sell him in the summer then..
Bluey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 16 Jan 2010, 1:45 am

Blueyaletdinov wrote:Have to sell him in the summer then..
He might just retire instead of moving to a new club. Very Happy

And it does make the departure of Neill even odder.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66072

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad on Sat 16 Jan 2010, 11:33 am

I think they'l be something in the pipeline with the Neill money, Kilgallon maybe?

and then Spurs will guzump us last minute
notepad

Number of posts : 5167

View user profile http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kilted_Toffee on Sat 16 Jan 2010, 1:45 pm

notepad wrote:I think they'l be something in the pipeline with the Neill money, Kilgallon maybe?

and then Spurs will guzump us last minute

U can see it now cant u!!! Sad
Kilted_Toffee

Number of posts : 6253
Registration date : 2005-11-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What would happen if Hibbert did actually score?

Post  BB on Wed 08 Sep 2010, 4:31 am

What would happen if Hibbert did actually score?

I know there's the 'We Riot' slogans, but do you think the fans would actually invade the pitch etc in the excitement of the occasion?

Can you imagine if it was the winner in a derby etc?
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top