2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!!

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!!

Post  Mr_Ben on Fri 02 Oct 2009, 10:35 am

Diamond wrote:
treblA wrote:cos he was playinntral he had more options to pass to. he could open his body up and pass to the right to gosling and cahill, which he did quite frequently. they also gave him a bit more time on the ball than he's used to. id say he even looked confortable in possession last night!

Very true, one of his downfalls when he play at rightback is quite often because he lacks a bit of pace he can get done for and quite often he fouls when he trys to make up on the player. his crossing isn`t great either. at centreback he can play the simple pass out of defence so he looks a bit more comfortable.

I think we should give him a couple more goes here in the Uefa games now we are almost certain to qualify. I would like to see him there against a better team, maybe Benfica.

I think Hibbert will be needed at RB for the duruation of our run as JH is illegal to play. Can Neil play after the qualifiers?
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18321
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan on Fri 02 Oct 2009, 11:13 am

It just goes to show, we all know fuck all, and Moyes does.

The End. Very Happy

Bryan

Number of posts : 14335
Registration date : 2006-01-30

View user profile http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Fri 02 Oct 2009, 11:18 am

Mr_Ben wrote:
Diamond wrote:
treblA wrote:cos he was playinntral he had more options to pass to. he could open his body up and pass to the right to gosling and cahill, which he did quite frequently. they also gave him a bit more time on the ball than he's used to. id say he even looked confortable in possession last night!

Very true, one of his downfalls when he play at rightback is quite often because he lacks a bit of pace he can get done for and quite often he fouls when he trys to make up on the player. his crossing isn`t great either. at centreback he can play the simple pass out of defence so he looks a bit more comfortable.

I think we should give him a couple more goes here in the Uefa games now we are almost certain to qualify. I would like to see him there against a better team, maybe Benfica.

I think Hibbert will be needed at RB for the duruation of our run as JH is illegal to play. Can Neil play after the qualifiers?

Both Heitinga & Neill will be able to play when we get through the group stage.
Super

Number of posts : 35976
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Fri 02 Oct 2009, 11:26 am

Bryan wrote:It just goes to show, we all know fuck all, and Moyes does.The End. Very Happy

speak for yourself bryan because some of us PREDICTED HIBBERT TO DO WELL,not only hibbert but the team as a whole,it wasn't a classic but it was a team performance where a result was grinded out in appaulling conditions in front of a very hostile crown with only youngsters as back up,
if their's one player who needs slating its leon osman ,osman keeps going central instead of sticking on the right,too many times i have said that osman is making hibbert the scape goat for poor defending,if osman played like pienaar does when supporting baines hibbert wouldn't be left exposed
last night young gosling was left exposed a few times because osman wasn't doing is job.

well done hibbert & dan gosling. cheers
sefton

Number of posts : 9296
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Fri 02 Oct 2009, 11:52 am

sefton-park-blues wrote:
Bryan wrote:It just goes to show, we all know fuck all, and Moyes does.The End. Very Happy

speak for yourself bryan because some of us PREDICTED HIBBERT TO DO WELL,not only hibbert but the team as a whole,it wasn't a classic but it was a team performance where a result was grinded out in appaulling conditions in front of a very hostile crown with only youngsters as back up,
if their's one player who needs slating its leon osman ,osman keeps going central instead of sticking on the right,too many times i have said that osman is making hibbert the scape goat for poor defending,if osman played like pienaar does when supporting baines hibbert wouldn't be left exposed
last night young gosling was left exposed a few times because osman wasn't doing is job.

Gosling was left exposed by cahill sef in that 1st half, not ossie. I don't think any player warranted slating tbh
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Fri 02 Oct 2009, 11:57 am

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
sefton-park-blues wrote:

Gosling was left exposed by cahill sef in that 1st half, not ossie. I don't think any player warranted slating tbh

morning tbb,my point being who ever plays on the right wing always seems to go missing wether it be ossie-cahill-anichebie,leaving the right back exposed and gullible to critecism like hibbert normally gets. cheers
sefton

Number of posts : 9296
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole on Fri 02 Oct 2009, 12:25 pm

good to see one of our more scape goat/liable players gettin some praise for a hard grafted and gutsy performance

however, off the back of one game, im not sure we should be "planning" to give him more games there. it is a last resort IMO, although he would seem to be above Neville in there.

could he play that holding role?

we won, end of, are in a good position, lets move on.

well done Tony cheers
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

View user profile http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyercarMister? on Fri 02 Oct 2009, 12:42 pm

thought he played Jags-like. Man-on-man rather than the zonal stuff that CBs normally do (and thats why one man-2-man and one zonal worked for us all last year) That's why he chased Strykov almost to the other touchline on one occasion.

Only one thing to add

HIBBO FOR ENGLAND!

clown
mindyercarMister?

Number of posts : 17058
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  toffee_pies on Sat 03 Oct 2009, 12:10 am

tadpole wrote:good to see one of our more scape goat/liable players gettin some praise for a hard grafted and gutsy performance

however, off the back of one game, im not sure we should be "planning" to give him more games there. it is a last resort IMO, although he would seem to be above Neville in there.

well done Tony cheers

In a 5 man midfield with someone like Arteta in there he probably could and would be very similar to Carsley in terms of breaking up the play and then laying the ball off.
toffee_pies

Number of posts : 5080

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 03 Oct 2009, 12:53 am

Tony Hibbert has always been a hard working, loyal, but quite shite player. One game does not change this. No, he cant play as a holding midfielder, no he cant play as a centre half. He is a decent back up for the right back position the same as he has always been.
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20987
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 03 Oct 2009, 7:01 am

Dixie Land wrote:Tony Hibbert has always been a hard working, loyal, but quite shite player. One game does not change this. No, he cant play as a holding midfielder, no he cant play as a centre half. He is a decent back up for the right back position the same as he has always been.

here here
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18321
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 03 Oct 2009, 9:13 am

He is an average Premier League player but 'shite' is unfair. Remember how 20 mins into each game vs Man Utd, Ronaldo switched wings because Hibbo had him in his pocket? He's a very solid defender on his day.
Armchair

Number of posts : 18382
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  TD's Powder of Sympathy on Sat 03 Oct 2009, 9:44 am

toffee_pies wrote:
tadpole wrote:good to see one of our more scape goat/liable players gettin some praise for a hard grafted and gutsy performance

well done Tony cheers

In a 5 man midfield with someone like Arteta in there he probably could and would be very similar to Carsley in terms of breaking up the play and then laying the ball off.

So - a sort of poor man's Phil Neville? affraid
TD's Powder of Sympathy

Number of posts : 19948
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ol' Mother Hibbert on Sat 03 Oct 2009, 10:33 am

How many Prem teams would Hibbo probably end up first choice RB? Well over half I'd say and although we want Heitinger or Neill to be better they haven't proved anything in our team. He's responded really well to his spot being under pressure and I wasn't surprised when he pulled that sort of performance out at centre back but it would be in emergencies only, as would have to be him playing at defensive midfield. We still need Hibbo in the squad and I'll be happy for him to rotate in when Moyes feels it's right.
Ol' Mother Hibbert

Number of posts : 4340
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Sat 03 Oct 2009, 12:02 pm

Ol' Mother Hibbert wrote:How many Prem teams would Hibbo probably end up first choice RB? Well over half I'd say and although we want Heitinger or Neill to be better they haven't proved anything in our team. He's responded really well to his spot being under pressure and I wasn't surprised when he pulled that sort of performance out at centre back but it would be in emergencies only, as would have to be him playing at defensive midfield. We still need Hibbo in the squad and I'll be happy for him to rotate in when Moyes feels it's right.

Thus speaks a truly supportive Mum!!! cheers
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8447
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyercarMister? on Sat 03 Oct 2009, 1:39 pm

UWIST61 wrote:
Ol' Mother Hibbert wrote:How many Prem teams would Hibbo probably end up first choice RB? Well over half I'd say and although we want Heitinger or Neill to be better they haven't proved anything in our team. He's responded really well to his spot being under pressure and I wasn't surprised when he pulled that sort of performance out at centre back but it would be in emergencies only, as would have to be him playing at defensive midfield. We still need Hibbo in the squad and I'll be happy for him to rotate in when Moyes feels it's right.

Thus speaks a truly supportive Mum!!! cheers

the comment everyone wanted to make
Uwie you maust have been stalking this thread pressing refresh every 50 seconds until OMH chimed in Very Happy
mindyercarMister?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Sat 03 Oct 2009, 5:45 pm

Dixie Land wrote:Tony Hibbert has always been a hard working, loyal, but quite shite player. One game does not change this. No, he cant play as a holding midfielder, no he cant play as a centre half. He is a decent back up for the right back position the same as he has always been.

We haven't tried him as the sole frontman. Wink
Statman

Number of posts : 6976
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hibbo for England

Post  Sheep Flavour on Sun 06 Dec 2009, 8:01 pm

Hibbo been playing out of postion for all these years?
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike on Sun 06 Dec 2009, 8:06 pm

Good game in general from Hibbert. Excellent challenge on Defoe in the first half. However, he was shown up for the first goal. He and Neill went to sleep for that one. But he's generally doing well in an alien position.
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Sun 06 Dec 2009, 8:12 pm

MagicMike wrote:Good game in general from Hibbert. Excellent challenge on Defoe in the first half. However, he was shown up for the first goal. He and Neill went to sleep for that one. But he's generally doing well in an alien position.

Yeah. He did alright positionally and was usually tight to Defoe, just pestering him and making it hard for him to get much movement. But he was shown up a few times too. Good work from hibbert all round but I don't want to see him there any time soon.
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike on Sun 06 Dec 2009, 8:21 pm

Tonteau wrote:
MagicMike wrote:Good game in general from Hibbert. Excellent challenge on Defoe in the first half. However, he was shown up for the first goal. He and Neill went to sleep for that one. But he's generally doing well in an alien position.

Yeah. He did alright positionally and was usually tight to Defoe, just pestering him and making it hard for him to get much movement. But he was shown up a few times too. Good work from hibbert all round but I don't want to see him there any time soon.
I think both Spuds goals highlighted Neill's and Hibbert's weaknesses at centre half (although whatever position he's playing in, Neill shouldn't be losing his man that easily on a corner. Dawson didn't have to do much to score there). You'd ideally want your central pairing finding better positions and tracking forward runners, which they didn't always do.

Not a slight on either of them really, they're not central defenders and they coped manfully against the supposed 'best finisher' in the country (I personally think Defoe's game is very one dimensional, always have) and his lanky mate, but I think they were part of the reason we went two down.
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyercarMister? on Sun 06 Dec 2009, 8:22 pm

THAT's who he's always reminded me of.....
mindyercarMister?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Sun 06 Dec 2009, 8:25 pm

MagicMike wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

I think both Spuds goals highlighted Neill's and Hibbert's weaknesses at centre half (although whatever position he's playing in, Neill shouldn't be losing his man that easily on a corner. Dawson didn't have to do much to score there). You'd ideally want your central pairing finding better positions and tracking forward runners, which they didn't always do.

Not a slight on either of them really, they're not central defenders and they coped manfully against the supposed 'best finisher' in the country (I personally think Defoe's game is very one dimensional, always have) and his lanky mate, but I think they were part of the reason we went two down.

Yes, Neill did let him go but the ball should never have been allowed to drop in the penalty box like it did. The ball was about 12 inches off the ground when he headed it.
Statman

Number of posts : 6976
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Riggy on Mon 07 Dec 2009, 12:01 am

Love Hibbo and did well but the Penno showed why he is not a CB shocking to give that away.
Riggy

Number of posts : 7051

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey on Mon 07 Dec 2009, 12:38 am

Lads we had two full backs playing centre half today, bare bones.
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top