16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Albert on Wed 20 Jan 2010, 2:45 pm

im not arsed. if he's free then probably worth the gamble. just going to see how he turns out.
Albert

Number of posts : 15622
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Wed 20 Jan 2010, 3:10 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
BAAAXXXTTTERRRRRRR!!!!!!! wrote:
Coleman's mustard wrote:He's 26 so no eager spring chicken there. Cant say I've seen a whole lot of him. Smaller teams (like Leeds) raise there games against Premiership opposition (we signing anyone from Carlisle?) so the Utd game wouldnt have been enough to judge him on. I would have thought Championship would his next move up but I will trust Moysie's judgement on this one.

Hope he's not Saha's replacement! No
He's 26? Hmmm.... I wonder what this means when it comes to Vaughan and Anichebe, clearly the fringe players in the squad among the strikers.

Jo's replacement. I think Ani will be on his way anyway. That leaves us with the Yak, Vaughan and Beckford (assuming Saha leaves). Suddenly it doesn't look that great any more, although if Beckford has any sense he'll see that as an opportunity to play as opposed to being a bench warmer / reserve at a 'big' club.
Couldn't agree more. Saha worries me. He seemed very happy to be here at first, and now he seems to be after the big cash. Vic and Vaughan's futures are rather uncertain to say the least.

I think Saha will stay, personally.
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Wed 20 Jan 2010, 3:20 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Coleman's mustard wrote:He's 26 so no eager spring chicken there. Cant say I've seen a whole lot of him. Smaller teams (like Leeds) raise there games against Premiership opposition (we signing anyone from Carlisle?) so the Utd game wouldnt have been enough to judge him on. I would have thought Championship would his next move up but I will trust Moysie's judgement on this one.

He's 26? Hmmm.... I wonder what this means when it comes to Vaughan and Anichebe, clearly the fringe players in the squad among the strikers.

Jo's replacement. I think Ani will be on his way anyway. That leaves us with the Yak, Vaughan and Beckford (assuming Saha leaves). Suddenly it doesn't look that great any more, although if Beckford has any sense he'll see that as an opportunity to play as opposed to being a bench warmer / reserve at a 'big' club.
Couldn't agree more. Saha worries me. He seemed very happy to be here at first, and now he seems to be after the big cash. Vic and Vaughan's futures are rather uncertain to say the least.

The wage demands are just paper talk at this stage. There may be some truth in it like, but I agree with you, I think he'll stay. Everton is good for him. He's turned his career back on track by coming to Goodison and could enjoy a successful end to it. Look at his comments about the squad on the OS, he knows good things are happening here despite our poor start to this season.
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luka Perfect on Wed 20 Jan 2010, 3:37 pm

I know it is at a lower level but he has scored more than a goal every two games for Leeds. Maybe Moyes has picked out another Cahill type deal for free and has done the same for Kilgallon.
Luka Perfect

Number of posts : 7259

View user profile http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/seinfeld/tvindex.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 20 Jan 2010, 3:49 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

The wage demands are just paper talk at this stage. There may be some truth in it like, but I agree with you, I think he'll stay. Everton is good for him. He's turned his career back on track by coming to Goodison and could enjoy a successful end to it. Look at his comments about the squad on the OS, he knows good things are happening here despite our poor start to this season.
I hope he will stay as well, and maybe the wage issue is just paper talk. It's hard to tell really.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65769
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  yankthetoffee on Wed 20 Jan 2010, 7:49 pm

Heard on Radio Merseyside that Beckford's manager has said that by the end of the season "someone bigger than Everton might come in for him."
As for Saha, I think his performance on Saturday was proof that we're getting the best out of him now.
Just depends on whether France pick him for the WC squad. Then we have a fight on our hands.
yankthetoffee

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2005-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Fri 22 Jan 2010, 9:01 am

Super

Number of posts : 35976
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Fri 22 Jan 2010, 9:06 am

So if Leeds are promoted, they'll offer him Championship football. Good on them I say, good on them! (where is the sarcmark?)

Number of posts : 13067

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Fri 22 Jan 2010, 9:13 am

yankthetoffee wrote:Heard on Radio Merseyside that Beckford's manager has said that by the end of the season "someone bigger than Everton might come in for him."
As for Saha, I think his performance on Saturday was proof that we're getting the best out of him now.
Just depends on whether France pick him for the WC squad. Then we have a fight on our hands.

I live in hope that before I die people will stop saying that Smile I'd love to see us at the top of the tree again, somehow, sometime.
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4853

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Fri 22 Jan 2010, 9:18 am

Mustafi New Name wrote:Can't help but be a bit dubious about him, but you'd hope he'll realise we're the biggest club he'll ever play for, so hopefully ditch his 'I'm the man' attitude which seems to be generally publicised.

This bit from Wiki made me chuckle though, Rolling Eyes
In his post-match interview, Beckford won the hearts of Leeds fans by declaring that he had no intentions of leaving the club. When posed the question "Where do you see your own future?", he replied "What shirt am I wearing, bruv? You bein' serious?". The phrase has since been well publicised and T-shirts bearing the quotation can be purchased in the official club store.

Just hope he isn't a replacement for Saha though, and if he is, that he's late to the big time like Teddy Sheringham and Kevin Phillips, rather than DJ Campbell.

sounds like a bit of a big head doesnt he? i dont like him already
Albert

Number of posts : 15622
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  yankthetoffee on Fri 22 Jan 2010, 1:38 pm

Helenqu wrote:
yankthetoffee wrote:Heard on Radio Merseyside that Beckford's manager has said that by the end of the season "someone bigger than Everton might come in for him."

I live in hope that before I die people will stop saying that Smile I'd love to see us at the top of the tree again, somehow, sometime.

I hope you're right.
With BK still at the helm?
Maybe he has been a great custodian.
I'm sure the likes of the a..holes who have been in and out of Portsmouth and the like, would have been sniffing around our back door at some point? I'm glad in many ways that BK hasn't sold out just yet.
If we end up as the only English owned PL team, I think it will stand for soemthing. Then wait until the Arabs/Yanks relocate their teams to UAEs and Dallas. Houston United in their new Theatre of Dreams playing their local derby against Dubai Citteh.
yankthetoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Fri 22 Jan 2010, 1:52 pm

yankthetoffee wrote:
Helenqu wrote:

I hope you're right.
I'm sure the likes of the a..holes who have been in and out of Portsmouth and the like, would have been sniffing around our back door at some point? I'm glad in many ways that BK hasn't sold out just yet.
If we end up as the only English owned PL team, I think it will stand for soemthing. Then wait until the Arabs/Yanks relocate their teams to UAEs and Dallas. Houston United in their new Theatre of Dreams playing their local derby against Dubai Citteh.

Interesting quotes in the papers today from Gold & Sullivan at West Ham. Essentially they're pulling the "we are lifelong fans" routine, which I don't doubt they are but also being realistic about the fans. You get the impression they've noted the mixed reaction BK's reign at Everton, cos they admit that some Hammers would have preferred rich Arabs to buy the club, and they imply that they are expecting to get stick somewhere along the line for not just throwing money at the job.

To be fair it is good to see another club apart from ours which is staying in the hands of not just English owners, but fan owners.

I'd rather be an iron than a shite. Err, not that I'm an "iron" like, if you know what I mean.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23546

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Fri 22 Jan 2010, 2:30 pm

Helenqu wrote:

I don't think Jermaine Beckford will get us there lol!
Armchair

Number of posts : 18382
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Fri 22 Jan 2010, 3:08 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
yankthetoffee wrote:
Helenqu wrote:

I hope you're right.

Interesting quotes in the papers today from Gold & Sullivan at West Ham. Essentially they're pulling the "we are lifelong fans" routine, which I don't doubt they are but also being realistic about the fans. You get the impression they've noted the mixed reaction BK's reign at Everton, cos they admit that some Hammers would have preferred rich Arabs to buy the club, and they imply that they are expecting to get stick somewhere along the line for not just throwing money at the job.

To be fair it is good to see another club apart from ours which is staying in the hands of not just English owners, but fan owners.

I'd rather be an iron than a shite. Err, not that I'm an "iron" like, if you know what I mean.

as in "iron hoof"?
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25452
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Fri 22 Jan 2010, 3:28 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
yankthetoffee wrote:
Helenqu wrote:

I hope you're right.

as in "iron hoof"?

ah, you speaky de rhyming slang! one of my daughters has a teacher who is really into languages, he's always teaching them little bits and pieces from around the world. THe other day he asked the class if anyone knew any cockney rhyming slang, and my little girl was the only one who did! Bunch of rich bankers* kids at her school. Anyway, she told him about her "skin and blister" going "up the apples and pears" to bed etc etc. in her cut glass public school accent, which made me piss myself laughing when she told me the story.

Dunno why I'm telling you this, except that I think her teacher may be a bit of an iron himself. Train of thought I suppose. I'll shut up now. Goodbye.

*more rhyming slang there
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23546

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Fri 22 Jan 2010, 3:41 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
yankthetoffee wrote:
Helenqu wrote:

I hope you're right.

as in "iron hoof"?

ah, you speaky de rhyming slang! one of my daughters has a teacher who is really into languages, he's always teaching them little bits and pieces from around the world. THe other day he asked the class if anyone knew any cockney rhyming slang, and my little girl was the only one who did! Bunch of rich bankers* kids at her school. Anyway, she told him about her "skin and blister" going "up the apples and pears" to bed etc etc. in her cut glass public school accent, which made me piss myself laughing when she told me the story.

Dunno why I'm telling you this, except that I think her teacher may be a bit of an iron himself. Train of thought I suppose. I'll shut up now. Goodbye.

ahhh, bin lids, don't you just love 'em, I'm surprised she didn't tell him he was pony and that tony blairs went out of fashion years ago - anyway he sounds like a berk (short for Berkeley Hunt)
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25452
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  toffee_pies on Fri 22 Jan 2010, 3:49 pm

Couple of Leeds fans a work reckon that he is a Championship player at best.

Then again what would a Leeds fan know about PL football Laughing
toffee_pies

Number of posts : 5080
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Fri 22 Jan 2010, 4:00 pm

toffee_pies wrote:Couple of Leeds fans a work reckon that he is a Championship player at best.

Then again what would a Leeds fan know about PL football Laughing
He might not set the world on fire, but if he's as good as Vaughan and/or Vic, and he stays healthy he already has a leg up on them (more so Vaughan since Vic's injury wasn't his fault).
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  yankthetoffee on Fri 22 Jan 2010, 6:39 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
yankthetoffee wrote:
Helenqu wrote:

I hope you're right.

as in "iron hoof"?

It's going to be an interesting decade. By the end of it, I expect some major upheaval.
As Sky impose their invasive presence on everything, I can see some negative reaction in sport/politics in general.
What's with this Sky sponsored cycling team?
I suppose they are targeting the Tour De France, and when they win it, and monopolize the airwaves, the French government will take action and open all the doors to destroy their stranglehold on all sports.
They are on my list of major dislikes, agents of all kinds and Sky.
Nothing better than a bunch of tea leaves.

(see what I did there?)
yankthetoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Fri 22 Jan 2010, 6:43 pm

I just got one thing to say....

He's gonna make it!
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Fri 22 Jan 2010, 8:15 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
yankthetoffee wrote:
Helenqu wrote:

I hope you're right.

as in "iron hoof"?

Talking of tenuous links, is

Fe....................llaini playing tomorrow?
Statman

Number of posts : 6976
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond on Sat 23 Jan 2010, 8:08 pm

I am not so sure, looked pretty good today
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luka Perfect on Sat 23 Jan 2010, 8:36 pm

3 goals against Man Utd and Spurs,both away games, he looks like he could do the busiess for us and I trust Moyes here
Luka Perfect

Number of posts : 7259

View user profile http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/seinfeld/tvindex.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Mon 25 Jan 2010, 10:18 am

Super

Number of posts : 35976
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down