16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Tonteau on Mon 28 Feb 2011, 11:32 am

treblA wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
treblA wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
The President wrote:
Tonteau wrote:You saw the problem when he properly connects with the ball, though: Smashes it straight over the crossbar. Maybe scuffing the ball should be his tactic from now on.

20-25 scuffs a season will do for me

For sure! cheers

maybe he's that good his scuffs are intentional to confuse the goalkeeper?

This morning at bellefield......

Moyes: "Wha' ohn earth are ye daen, Becks?"

Beckford: "Well, first I'm doing core strength and speed training, then I'm practising my heading and after that I'll be doing shooting practise with Louis and Victor, innit."

Moyes: "Ach naw. Sod tha owff an pactise yer scuffin, laddie. From noo ohn yer'll be scuffin nine te five."

hahahaha

(beckford goes over to scuffing section with distin (clearances) and hibbert (crossing))

***BREAKING NEWS*** Everton employ new brazilian scuffing coach to work with forwards.
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Albert on Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:04 pm

Tonteau wrote:
treblA wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
treblA wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
The President wrote:
Tonteau wrote:You saw the problem when he properly connects with the ball, though: Smashes it straight over the crossbar. Maybe scuffing the ball should be his tactic from now on.

20-25 scuffs a season will do for me

For sure! cheers

maybe he's that good his scuffs are intentional to confuse the goalkeeper?

This morning at bellefield......

Moyes: "Wha' ohn earth are ye daen, Becks?"

Beckford: "Well, first I'm doing core strength and speed training, then I'm practising my heading and after that I'll be doing shooting practise with Louis and Victor, innit."

Moyes: "Ach naw. Sod tha owff an pactise yer scuffin, laddie. From noo ohn yer'll be scuffin nine te five."

hahahaha

(beckford goes over to scuffing section with distin (clearances) and hibbert (crossing))

***BREAKING NEWS*** Everton employ new brazilian scuffing coach to work with forwards.

identity of new coach and video in acion

avatar
Albert

Number of posts : 15622
Age : 34
Location : Monaco
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:25 pm

Tonteau wrote:
treblA wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
treblA wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
The President wrote:
Tonteau wrote:You saw the problem when he properly connects with the ball, though: Smashes it straight over the crossbar. Maybe scuffing the ball should be his tactic from now on.

20-25 scuffs a season will do for me

For sure! cheers

maybe he's that good his scuffs are intentional to confuse the goalkeeper?

This morning at bellefield......

Moyes: "Wha' ohn earth are ye daen, Becks?"

Beckford: "Well, first I'm doing core strength and speed training, then I'm practising my heading and after that I'll be doing shooting practise with Louis and Victor, innit."

Moyes: "Ach naw. Sod tha owff an pactise yer scuffin, laddie. From noo ohn yer'll be scuffin nine te five."

hahahaha

(beckford goes over to scuffing section with distin (clearances) and hibbert (crossing))

***BREAKING NEWS*** Everton employ new brazilian scuffing coach to work with forwards.

Arl Arse alert........ cop

For those who remember Gurt Muller, he probably scuffed, jabbed, kneed and mishit 50% of all his golas, but how deadly was he? eerrr...very!
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5778
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:33 pm

BTW, is he OK after pulling up on Saturday. Hamstring/knee?
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5778
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Super on Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:34 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:BTW, is he OK after pulling up on Saturday. Hamstring/knee?

Just tweeted Bily to ask him.
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35971
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 28 Feb 2011, 5:46 pm

Super wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:BTW, is he OK after pulling up on Saturday. Hamstring/knee?

Just tweeted Bily to ask him.

Are players allowed to comment on stuff like this?
They can easily give the game away.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5778
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 02 Mar 2011, 7:37 am

Sorry I'm late for work boss, traffic was terrible. I got stuck behind some cunt with orange hair who had driven his Ferrari into a wall. How are the team getting on without me in this FA Cup match which will make or break our season? Is it alright if I just nip over the road for a can of Fanta before I get changed for the second half?

What happened? Did he leave home an hour before kick-off cos there was something on telly he wanted to watch and he thought it would give him plenty of time to get there?

Professional footballers? Don't make me fucking laugh.

avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23529
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Super on Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:49 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Super wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:BTW, is he OK after pulling up on Saturday. Hamstring/knee?

Just tweeted Bily to ask him.

Are players allowed to comment on stuff like this?
They can easily give the game away.

Well never got a reply anyway.
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35971
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Armchair on Wed 02 Mar 2011, 1:30 pm

Super wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Super wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:BTW, is he OK after pulling up on Saturday. Hamstring/knee?

Just tweeted Bily to ask him.

Are players allowed to comment on stuff like this?
They can easily give the game away.

Well never got a reply anyway.

Maybe he's injured his thumb as well?
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18372
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 6:24 am

avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18319
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  notepad on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 1:16 pm

avatar
notepad

Number of posts : 5166
Age : 34
Location : Lost somewhere between destiny and obscurity!
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  KoelJagz on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 1:21 pm


A bid for Odemwengie is coming.. Very Happy

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
KoelJagz

Number of posts : 26813
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Armchair on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 1:48 pm

I can't see Becks wanting to step down a division and I think Moyes would need a larger carrot than 3m dangled in front of him to tempt him into selling one of our few strikers.
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18372
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 1:57 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:I can't see Becks wanting to step down a division and I think Moyes would need a larger carrot than 3m dangled in front of him to tempt him into selling one of our few strikers.
True. Unless Moyes can get another better striker in. But like you said, can't see Beckford wanting to step down a division.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:46 pm

wonder how much Leicester have bid (1m)
avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18319
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:47 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:wonder how much Leicester have bid (1m)
Allegedly 3M, but that seemed to be the figure for Vic as well, so who knows what the actual bid was.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Super on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:29 pm

BBC Sport's chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "Leicester are interested in Jermaine Beckford but am informed Everton have - so far - received nothing more than an inquiry from Sven. Not to say Leicester won't make a formal bid - & can certainly see Beckford getting goals in Championship but Everton light on strikers."
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35971
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:30 pm

It'd be a shame to see him leave. Thought he was starting to look decent at the end of last season, and I think he might be handy this season.
avatar
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2136
Age : 36
Location : Wiltshire
Registration date : 2006-01-27

View user profile http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:34 pm

We're the one team in the Premier League that are hopelessly short on firepower, and Leicester have made enquiries now for all but one of our strikers. Madness.
avatar
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13066
Age : 39
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:44 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:It'd be a shame to see him leave. Thought he was starting to look decent at the end of last season, and I think he might be handy this season.

I don't get that at all, unless there has been a falling out between DM and Becks over his lack of playing time. Becks does seem to mouth off a bit.
I thought he looked our best bet to score in most games.
Unless DM has another striker in the frame I can't see it, can you?
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5778
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:46 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:It'd be a shame to see him leave. Thought he was starting to look decent at the end of last season, and I think he might be handy this season.

I don't get that at all, unless there has been a falling out between DM and Becks over his lack of playing time. Becks does seem to mouth off a bit.
I thought he looked our best bet to score in most games.
Unless DM has another striker in the frame I can't see it, can you?
If we have another striker lined up I think Moyes would be interested, since I am not sure that Beckford truly is Prem material. He did get better towards the end of the season, but we were also playing better as a team by then.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Statman on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 4:15 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:It'd be a shame to see him leave. Thought he was starting to look decent at the end of last season, and I think he might be handy this season.

I don't get that at all, unless there has been a falling out between DM and Becks over his lack of playing time. Becks does seem to mouth off a bit.
I thought he looked our best bet to score in most games.
Unless DM has another striker in the frame I can't see it, can you?
If we have another striker lined up I think Moyes would be interested, since I am not sure that Beckford truly is Prem material. He did get better towards the end of the season, but we were also playing better as a team by then.

Which is fair enough.
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 6969
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 7:35 pm

Statman wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:It'd be a shame to see him leave. Thought he was starting to look decent at the end of last season, and I think he might be handy this season.

I don't get that at all, unless there has been a falling out between DM and Becks over his lack of playing time. Becks does seem to mouth off a bit.
I thought he looked our best bet to score in most games.
Unless DM has another striker in the frame I can't see it, can you?
If we have another striker lined up I think Moyes would be interested, since I am not sure that Beckford truly is Prem material. He did get better towards the end of the season, but we were also playing better as a team by then.

Which is fair enough.

He just needs more playing time. He has pace and that's number 1 requirement in the Premiership.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5778
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Diamond on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 8:28 pm

We would be crazy to sell really for one we dont have the funds to add to the 3 million to get a striker of better quality and two I actually quite like him, he isn`t faultless by any means but he scored some really nice goals and seemed to be getter better. And he did score ten goals which was pretty good for a first season where he was in and out of the team playing in a 451 formation which I dont think would have suited him.
avatar
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941
Age : 44
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Tonteau on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 8:54 pm

As much as I don't see beckford as a long term solution, I think it would be silly to sell a 10 goal a season striker who's usually fit unless we had a ready made replacement/improvement. Keep him another season and maybe sell him then.
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum