15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Super on Sun 13 Sep 2009, 9:56 am

SYLVAIN DISTIN says the lure of Manchester City's millions could not have stopped him joining Everton this summer. Mark Hughes was ready to take the former City defender, 31, back to Eastlands if his £24million swoop for Joleon Lescott failed. Instead Distin replaced Lescott at Everton.
And Distin said: "I read about some interest from City. But when I saw the kind of names they were signing, if I went back I'd be on the bench.
"It was not what you might call in England 'my cup of tea'. It's the same with Liverpool who were interested. I didn't want to to be a squad player."
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35976
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Gravy & Chips on Sun 13 Sep 2009, 11:56 am

Super wrote:SYLVAIN DISTIN says the lure of Manchester City's millions could not have stopped him joining Everton this summer. Mark Hughes was ready to take the former City defender, 31, back to Eastlands if his £24million swoop for Joleon Lescott failed. Instead Distin replaced Lescott at Everton.
And Distin said: "I read about some interest from City. But when I saw the kind of names they were signing, if I went back I'd be on the bench.
"It was not what you might call in England 'my cup of tea'. It's the same with Liverpool who were interested. I didn't want to to be a squad player."

So what he is saying is that our players are shit and he would walk into the first team......French Twat..... tongue
avatar
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13106
Age : 44
Location : Walton (not the nick)
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  He's Our Tater Not Yours on Sun 13 Sep 2009, 12:06 pm

Distin does not wish to be seen as Lescott's replacement, but then the centre-back is accomplished enough to deserve the right to assert his own standards. "We are two different players," he stresses. "I'm here to do my own stuff. I'm not here to be compared to him. They have given me his locker, though. It was empty, apart from a big pile of cash."
avatar
He's Our Tater Not Yours

Number of posts : 9158
Age : 28
Location : Liverpool
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Sun 13 Sep 2009, 1:18 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:
Super wrote:SYLVAIN DISTIN says the lure of Manchester City's millions could not have stopped him joining Everton this summer. Mark Hughes was ready to take the former City defender, 31, back to Eastlands if his £24million swoop for Joleon Lescott failed. Instead Distin replaced Lescott at Everton.
And Distin said: "I read about some interest from City. But when I saw the kind of names they were signing, if I went back I'd be on the bench.
"It was not what you might call in England 'my cup of tea'. It's the same with Liverpool who were interested. I didn't want to to be a squad player."

So what he is saying is that our players are shit and he would walk into the first team......French Twat..... tongue

I think he is....can't wait to boo him Very Happy


BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
avatar
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Age : 33
Location : EP/Chester
Registration date : 2005-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Bryan on Sun 13 Sep 2009, 1:57 pm

Super wrote:SYLVAIN DISTIN says the lure of Manchester City's millions could not have stopped him joining Everton this summer. Mark Hughes was ready to take the former City defender, 31, back to Eastlands if his £24million swoop for Joleon Lescott failed. Instead Distin replaced Lescott at Everton.
And Distin said: "I read about some interest from City. But when I saw the kind of names they were signing, if I went back I'd be on the bench.
"It was not what you might call in England 'my cup of tea'. It's the same with Liverpool who were interested. I didn't want to to be a squad player."

cheeky twat. get rid of him, Very Happy

Bryan

Number of posts : 14335
Age : 39
Location : Kirkby,Liverpool.
Registration date : 2006-01-30

View user profile http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Sun 13 Sep 2009, 4:18 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:
Super wrote:SYLVAIN DISTIN says the lure of Manchester City's millions could not have stopped him joining Everton this summer. Mark Hughes was ready to take the former City defender, 31, back to Eastlands if his £24million swoop for Joleon Lescott failed. Instead Distin replaced Lescott at Everton.
And Distin said: "I read about some interest from City. But when I saw the kind of names they were signing, if I went back I'd be on the bench.
"It was not what you might call in England 'my cup of tea'. It's the same with Liverpool who were interested. I didn't want to to be a squad player."

So what he is saying is that our players are shit and he would walk into the first team......French Twat..... tongue

I think he is....can't wait to boo him Very Happy


BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


I think he was saying that our dithering idiot of a manager was so stupid he didn't even have a centre back. BOOOOOOO! Show some respect Sylvain!

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
avatar
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13067
Age : 39
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Tonteau on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 10:58 am

Looked good, yesterday. Possibly our best player. Very calm, and willing to put his body in the way of anything. One challenege where he dived in with his head close to AJ's foot to block the shot was particularly impressive.
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Distin

Post  Gazbow on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 10:00 am

Ok, from what i see on the teleivision/games on the net, which is most games.

Rolling Eyes - sums it up.

I would prefer Yobo over him and i have about as much confidence in Yobo as i have confidence in me and claire never splitting up again.

No wonder he played for Portsmouth.


Edit.

Maybe he hasnt had a Centreback partnership formed yet.

But his distribution is terrible. HOoof!
avatar
Gazbow

Number of posts : 18425
Age : 36
Location : Cardiff
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 10:12 am

Gaz, sorry mate, but that is a complete load of shite Very Happy

His distribution is far better than Yobo's. His form was really good from the off but has dipped along with the rest of the side. My one criticism of Distin is he isn't a leader, as I expected. Similar to Lescott and Yobo he doesn't marshall the defence. We miss Jags and Neville for having a natural leader on the pitch. But overall I'm happy with Distin.
avatar
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Age : 33
Location : EP/Chester
Registration date : 2005-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  duncs pigeons on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 10:13 am

Distin has got steadily worse as the season has gone on..Yobo and Jagielka when their fit....but most of all we need a settled back 4..every game it s a different combination.
avatar
duncs pigeons

Number of posts : 214
Age : 39
Location : Childwall
Registration date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Gazbow on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 10:13 am

Top Balcony Blue wrote:Gaz, sorry mate, but that is a complete load of shite Very Happy

His distribution is far better than Yobo's. His form was really good from the off but has dipped along with the rest of the side. My one criticism of Distin is he isn't a leader, as I expected. Similar to Lescott and Yobo he doesn't marshall the defence. We miss Jags and Neville for having a natural leader on the pitch. But overall I'm happy with Distin.

His long balls are useless!

He panics when trying to clear and since he's been there we've looked completely vunerable from corners and crosses.

plus he missed a sitter last night, hibbinio would have bried that. cheers
avatar
Gazbow

Number of posts : 18425
Age : 36
Location : Cardiff
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 10:14 am

duncs pigeons wrote:Distin has got steadily worse as the season has gone on..Yobo and Jagielka when their fit....but most of all we need a settled back 4..every game it s a different combination.


Who hasn't it though?
avatar
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Age : 33
Location : EP/Chester
Registration date : 2005-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 10:16 am

Gazbow and the Dove wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:Gaz, sorry mate, but that is a complete load of shite Very Happy

His distribution is far better than Yobo's. His form was really good from the off but has dipped along with the rest of the side. My one criticism of Distin is he isn't a leader, as I expected. Similar to Lescott and Yobo he doesn't marshall the defence. We miss Jags and Neville for having a natural leader on the pitch. But overall I'm happy with Distin.

His long balls are useless!

He panics when trying to clear and since he's been there we've looked completely vunerable from corners and crosses.

plus he missed a sitter last night, hibbinio would have bried that. cheers


He played a great pass into Billy on the edge of the box last night in the first half, something I've never ever seen Yobo do. I know what your saying in some respects, but the whole team is lacking confidence. Because we have no creativity at the moment we're resorting to the hoof - to single out Distin as the main culprit is just daft.
avatar
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Age : 33
Location : EP/Chester
Registration date : 2005-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Gazbow on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 10:18 am

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Gazbow and the Dove wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:Gaz, sorry mate, but that is a complete load of shite Very Happy

His distribution is far better than Yobo's. His form was really good from the off but has dipped along with the rest of the side. My one criticism of Distin is he isn't a leader, as I expected. Similar to Lescott and Yobo he doesn't marshall the defence. We miss Jags and Neville for having a natural leader on the pitch. But overall I'm happy with Distin.

His long balls are useless!

He panics when trying to clear and since he's been there we've looked completely vunerable from corners and crosses.

plus he missed a sitter last night, hibbinio would have bried that. cheers


He played a great pass into Billy on the edge of the box last night in the first half, something I've never ever seen Yobo do. I know what your saying in some respects, but the whole team is lacking confidence. Because we have no creativity at the moment we're resorting to the hoof - to single out Distin as the main culprit is just daft.

Not saying he's main to blame, he's clearly not that bad. Bring back Jags!
avatar
Gazbow

Number of posts : 18425
Age : 36
Location : Cardiff
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Luka Perfect on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 10:19 am

Gazbow and the Dove wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Gazbow and the Dove wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:Gaz, sorry mate, but that is a complete load of shite Very Happy

His distribution is far better than Yobo's. His form was really good from the off but has dipped along with the rest of the side. My one criticism of Distin is he isn't a leader, as I expected. Similar to Lescott and Yobo he doesn't marshall the defence. We miss Jags and Neville for having a natural leader on the pitch. But overall I'm happy with Distin.

His long balls are useless!

He panics when trying to clear and since he's been there we've looked completely vunerable from corners and crosses.

plus he missed a sitter last night, hibbinio would have bried that. cheers


He played a great pass into Billy on the edge of the box last night in the first half, something I've never ever seen Yobo do. I know what your saying in some respects, but the whole team is lacking confidence. Because we have no creativity at the moment we're resorting to the hoof - to single out Distin as the main culprit is just daft.

Not saying he's main to blame, he's clearly not that bad. Bring back Jags!

We should play Jags anyway Very Happy
avatar
Luka Perfect

Number of posts : 7259
Age : 117
Location : Luton
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/seinfeld/tvindex.html

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  tadpole on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 10:21 am

Yobo is a lot less composed on the ball than Distin

Distin at least looks like he's picking a pass, Yobo just gets his sand wegde boots out to hang balls up in the air. Part of his problem playin as the right centre back is his main hoofed outlet is Gosling, who quite frankly is shite, not even a championship player
avatar
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Age : 37
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-11-02

View user profile http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Gazbow on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 10:22 am

Should have bought Ledley, he's alot better than oh gossy gosling!
avatar
Gazbow

Number of posts : 18425
Age : 36
Location : Cardiff
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Bluey on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 10:40 am

The main problem is we don't have a settled back four.
avatar
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Age : 52
Location : Shropshire
Registration date : 2005-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Super on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 10:43 am

Bluey wrote:The main problem is we don't have a settled back four.

And we won't until we reach the knockout stages of the Europa League when Heitinga and Neill will be available to play.
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35976
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Bluey on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 10:47 am

Super wrote:
Bluey wrote:The main problem is we don't have a settled back four.

And we won't until we reach the knockout stages of the Europa League when Heitinga and Neill will be available to play.

Mate, they are two games in the distance, you don't know who we will have back and one more win will do.


Last edited by Bluey on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Age : 52
Location : Shropshire
Registration date : 2005-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Super on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 10:55 am

Bluey wrote:
Super wrote:
Bluey wrote:The main problem is we don't have a settled back four.

And we won't until we reach the knockout stages of the Europa League when Heitinga and Neill will be available to play.

Mate, they are two games in the distance, you know who we will have back and one more win will do.
Realise that, but in the games before it we will play players like Heitinga and Neill, maybe no Heitinga in defence, but then when the final two games in the Europa League group come around we are going to have to make changes to unsettle the balance of the team again.

Once we win our next Europa League game and Benfica do the same that should be enough for us to guarantee qualification, so the final game wonít be as important. Canít see us finishing top of the group now anyway, so letís just settle for getting 2nd and then come the New Year and the knockout stage we will only have to worry about injured players and not those who are cup-tied.
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35976
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Tonteau on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 11:06 am

My biggest problem with Distin is that he seems a bit of a sulk and sometimes he just doesn't look arsed. He's clearly a good player but feck me, he needs to show commitment 100% of the time. Doyle's goal for Wolves was fecking criminal the way distin let him go. I know we all want to think we got a great deal selling Lescott and getting in Distin, but Joleon is a better footballer and we are missing him a lot.
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Cahill the Great on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 11:20 am

Tonteau wrote:My biggest problem with Distin is that he seems a bit of a sulk and sometimes he just doesn't look arsed. He's clearly a good player but feck me, he needs to show commitment 100% of the time. Doyle's goal for Wolves was fecking criminal the way distin let him go. I know we all want to think we got a great deal selling Lescott and getting in Distin, but Joleon is a better footballer and we are missing him a lot.


I was thinking just the same thing last night. You cant beat Jags and Lescott as a centre half pairing and whilst Yobo and Distin arent bad players - they're not on the same level as last season's pairing.

Im glad we got Distin as for the price and time we had remaining he was the best option available but we do need another central defender in of top quality. Maybe the fact that Distin hasnt got any competition for his place is causing the odd bout of laziness.
avatar
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Age : 39
Location : London
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 11:38 am

Tonteau wrote:My biggest problem with Distin is that he seems a bit of a sulk and sometimes he just doesn't look arsed. He's clearly a good player but feck me, he needs to show commitment 100% of the time. Doyle's goal for Wolves was fecking criminal the way distin let him go. I know we all want to think we got a great deal selling Lescott and getting in Distin, but Joleon is a better footballer and we are missing him a lot.


I know what you're saying, but I think that's a complete myth to be honest. One of those things that easily gets attached to Distin. I just don't think he's a leader, and that's what we're lacking at the moment. I wouldn't say he's deliberately not giving his all, I just don't think he's able to stand up and be counted in tough spots like Jags would be, Lescott was the same when he was partnered with Yobo.
avatar
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Age : 33
Location : EP/Chester
Registration date : 2005-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  The Griffin on Fri 06 Nov 2009, 11:50 am

"What's that coming over the hill is it a Distin, is it a Distin?" Very Happy
avatar
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Age : 57
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum