18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 03 May 2012, 12:41 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
The President wrote:Defender Phil Neville was left feeling unhappy after team-mate Royston Drenthe broke down with laughter when the veteran attempted a step-over in training.
Full story: Metro

lol!

This is a running joke on twitter, Baxter and Cahill are always getting slatted off by Neville and they usually retort with a comment about his step-overs.

lol!
Which WC game was it, when Ronaldo (original Brazilian) beat the goalie with a fab step over?
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5778
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Thu 03 May 2012, 1:10 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
The President wrote:Defender Phil Neville was left feeling unhappy after team-mate Royston Drenthe broke down with laughter when the veteran attempted a step-over in training.

lol!

This is a running joke on twitter, Baxter and Cahill are always getting slatted off by Neville and they usually retort with a comment about his step-overs.

lol!
Which WC game was it, when Ronaldo (original Brazilian) beat the goalie with a fab step over?

"Age shall not wither them...." although in your case it might have tongue .. the best of all time was Pele Mexico 1970 ... and I think from memory it's the Uruguay match... and he just misses the goal.... this was after his chip from the half way line against Czechoslovakia. cheers

Shout all you want but for my money Pele is still the best..... perhaps Messi only could touch him because he has done it from such an early age and continued.
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8438
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Wed 09 May 2012, 1:52 pm

Super

Number of posts : 35971
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 09 May 2012, 3:56 pm

UWIST61 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:

lol!

lol!

"Age shall not wither them...." although in your case it might have tongue .. the best of all time was Pele Mexico 1970 ... and I think from memory it's the Uruguay match... and he just misses the goal.... this was after his chip from the half way line against Czechoslovakia. cheers

Shout all you want but for my money Pele is still the best..... perhaps Messi only could touch him because he has done it from such an early age and continued.
I draw on those same memories. Sadly for Pele, the 2 efforts you refer to, were both misses. The running-round-the-goalie incident was brilliant, but it was harder to miss than score, in the end. The chip shot from the half way line was audacious but also missed, where others have since scored.
Despite this, Pele was fab.
I'm still trying to figure which game Ronaldo (Brazilian guy with the teeth) did the shimmy past the goalie.
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Wed 09 May 2012, 5:01 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:

lol!

lol!

I draw on those same memories. Sadly for Pele, the 2 efforts you refer to, were both misses. The running-round-the-goalie incident was brilliant, but it was harder to miss than score, in the end. The chip shot from the half way line was audacious but also missed, where others have since scored.
Despite this, Pele was fab.
I'm still trying to figure which game Ronaldo (Brazilian guy with the teeth) did the shimmy past the goalie.

It's the 1998 World Cup I think fellah
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:46 pm

anyone got any news on the injury that forced him off last night ?
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33047
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Fri 31 Aug 2012, 12:31 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:anyone got any news on the injury that forced him off last night ?

Both Neville and Hibbert have passed fit for trip to West Brom,Hibbert has recovered from a stiff neck while Phil Neville has recovered from a tight muscle in his leg.moyes has a fully fit squad to chose from. cheers cheers cheers
sefton

Number of posts : 9295
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 31 Aug 2012, 12:33 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:anyone got any news on the injury that forced him off last night ?

Both Neville and Hibbert have passed fit for trip to West Brom,Hibbert has recovered from a stiff neck while Phil Neville has recovered from a tight muscle in his leg.moyes has a fully fit squad to chose from. cheers cheers cheers
Spoilt for choice cheers
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33047

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Fri 31 Aug 2012, 12:45 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

Spoilt for choice cheers

lol!
sefton

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerKoelMister? on Sun 09 Sep 2012, 3:40 pm

mindyerKoelMister?

Number of posts : 17056
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Wed 26 Sep 2012, 12:24 pm

Will this be Phil Nevilles last season? when both gibson & hibbert are back will moyes drop neville or will he persist with captain fantastic?
sefton

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Wed 26 Sep 2012, 12:29 pm

SEFTON wrote:Will this be Phil Nevilles last season? when both gibson & hibbert are back will moyes drop neville or will he persist with captain fantastic?

stick with him. He is very versitile. Can't see him being a first choice albeit personally I'd prefer him at RB instead of Hibbert. Looks like DM want Coleman as the RB.
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18319
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Wed 26 Sep 2012, 1:03 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
SEFTON wrote:Will this be Phil Nevilles last season? when both gibson & hibbert are back will moyes drop neville or will he persist with captain fantastic?

stick with him. He is very versitile. Can't see him being a first choice albeit personally I'd prefer him at RB instead of Hibbert. Looks like DM want Coleman as the RB.

Yes Mr Ben,agreed that Neville can be versatile but best position is at right back.i don't think coleman was comfortable playing RB, hes more happy on the wing attacking defenders.
sefton

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 12:04 am

Lack of depth sef. We are very thin in the middle of park and Moyes doesn't have any other choice but to play him. He's a semi decent right back but getting on but with no other back up while Gibson is out who can we play? No Essen or Ofoe so we have to make do till jan.
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 12:02 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:

Lack of depth sef. We are very thin in the middle of park and Moyes doesn't have any other choice but to play him. He's a semi decent right back but getting on but with no other back up while Gibson is out who can we play? No Essen or Ofoe so we have to make do till jan.

AGreed CTG,

David Moyes left it too late getting the Belgium lad in on loan,i think moyes would say hes got cover for Gibson with Neville-fellaini-or even Jonny Heitinga but its provern Neville is too old,Fellaini is at his best in attack, and Heiting is best suited for central defence,so YES your right in saying lack of depth in that area.
sefton

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 1:19 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

AGreed CTG,

David Moyes left it too late getting the Belgium lad in on loan,i think moyes would say hes got cover for Gibson with Neville-fellaini-or even Jonny Heitinga but its provern Neville is too old,Fellaini is at his best in attack, and Heiting is best suited for central defence,so YES your right in saying lack of depth in that area.

Sef, I think you might be too harsh. Evderton had the paperwork in time. During the week the Player said he wa on his way... his Belgian employes did not want him to leave. Yet the deal was done and agreed, the paperwork process started (in time) and the Belgians put it in the "in-tray". They clearly knew what they were doing. In doing so they have retained his services and he has not moved...
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 2:00 pm

UWIST61 wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

AGreed CTG,

Sef, I think you might be too harsh. Evderton had the paperwork in time. During the week the Player said he wa on his way... his Belgian employes did not want him to leave. Yet the deal was done and agreed, the paperwork process started (in time) and the Belgians put it in the "in-tray". They clearly knew what they were doing. In doing so they have retained his services and he has not moved...
But when a club do this, are they not risking the player just putting a shift and not giving 100% physically and mentally?
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 5:16 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

AGreed CTG,

But when a club do this, are they not risking the player just putting a shift and not giving 100% physically and mentally?

Yes.... It's a calculated risk. Look how Pienaar put his shift in right to the end of the contract before he was Spuds bound. The club are likely to have said go in January but if you really play well then perhaps a "big whale" could be interested.
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 5:37 pm

UWIST61 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

AGreed CTG,

Yes.... It's a calculated risk. Look how Pienaar put his shift in right to the end of the contract before he was Spuds bound. The club are likely to have said go in January but if you really play well then perhaps a "big whale" could be interested.

Can't see him picking West Ham over us.

Lumper

Number of posts : 5846
Registration date : 2007-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 1:56 am

Not very surprising to read that Pip is interested in going into coaching. He plays more or less for us at the moment because of his leadership skills.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 8:28 am

Future Everton manager I think. And I also think he will be very good at it.
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4853

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 11:07 am

Everton manager David Moyes is planning to offer veterans Phil Neville and Sylvain Distin new one-year contracts to keep them at the club.
The current deals of captain Neville, 36 in January, and Distin, 35 in a month, are due to expire in the summer.
"We are monitoring Phil's position, but if you were asking me, I'd say let's give him another year's contract and keep it going," the Scot tells the Liverpool Echo. "I'd say the same for Sylvain Distin, who is in the same position."
Super

Number of posts : 35971
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerKoelMister? on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 11:53 am

Super wrote:
Everton manager David Moyes is planning to offer veterans Phil Neville and Sylvain Distin new one-year contracts to keep them at the club.
The current deals of captain Neville, 36 in January, and Distin, 35 in a month, are due to expire in the summer.
"We are monitoring Phil's position, but if you were asking me, I'd say let's give him another year's contract and keep it going," the Scot tells the Liverpool Echo. "I'd say the same for Sylvain Distin, who is in the same position."

Duffy on a final warning? Displace Dizzy or die trying?
mindyerKoelMister?

Number of posts : 17056
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:49 pm

Super wrote:

I know i'm in a minority here? but,I have to be honest without sentiment or favouritism.Phil Neville is finished as a premiership footballer.He may feel in his own mind he can drag his body around the pitch for 90 minutes or so,but,at what cost? He's constantly late with his tackles-he's too slow to carry the ball forward and when he does get it,its HOOFBALL.

As Helenqu said? Phil Neville would probably make a good coach/manager for a lower league team.
sefton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top