18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Albert on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 4:02 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Super wrote:
Everton manager David Moyes is planning to offer veterans Phil Neville and Sylvain Distin new one-year contracts to keep them at the club.
The current deals of captain Neville, 36 in January, and Distin, 35 in a month, are due to expire in the summer.
"We are monitoring Phil's position, but if you were asking me, I'd say let's give him another year's contract and keep it going," the Scot tells the Liverpool Echo. "I'd say the same for Sylvain Distin, who is in the same position."

I know i'm in a minority here? but,I have to be honest without sentiment or favouritism.Phil Neville is finished as a premiership footballer.He may feel in his own mind he can drag his body around the pitch for 90 minutes or so,but,at what cost? He's constantly late with his tackles-he's too slow to carry the ball forward and when he does get it,its HOOFBALL.

As Helenqu said? Phil Neville would probably make a good coach/manager for a lower league team.

I don't think he's the best player Sef but he's played pretty much every minute of every game this season, most of it in centre mid and we're currently 4th. He can't be that bad.
Albert

Number of posts : 15622
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 4:59 pm

Albert wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Super wrote:
Everton manager David Moyes is planning to offer veterans Phil Neville and Sylvain Distin new one-year contracts to keep them at the club.
The current deals of captain Neville, 36 in January, and Distin, 35 in a month, are due to expire in the summer.
"We are monitoring Phil's position, but if you were asking me, I'd say let's give him another year's contract and keep it going," the Scot tells the Liverpool Echo. "I'd say the same for Sylvain Distin, who is in the same position."

I know i'm in a minority here? but,I have to be honest without sentiment or favouritism.Phil Neville is finished as a premiership footballer.He may feel in his own mind he can drag his body around the pitch for 90 minutes or so,but,at what cost? He's constantly late with his tackles-he's too slow to carry the ball forward and when he does get it,its HOOFBALL.

As Helenqu said? Phil Neville would probably make a good coach/manager for a lower league team.

I don't think he's the best player Sef but he's played pretty much every minute of every game this season, most of it in centre mid and we're currently 4th. He can't be that bad.

Can we have the real Albert back please? That comment was far too positive. Next you'll be tipping Everton for a win.
Statman

Number of posts : 6969
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 5:11 pm

Statman wrote:
Albert wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Super wrote:

Can we have the real Albert back please? That comment was far too positive. Next you'll be tipping Everton for a win.

http://www.606evertonians.com/t46206-reading-v-everton
Albert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 5:13 pm

Albert wrote:
Statman wrote:
Albert wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Super wrote:

http://www.606evertonians.com/t46206-reading-v-everton

That's more like it. cheers
Statman

Number of posts : 6969
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 6:46 pm

Statman wrote:
Albert wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Super wrote:

I would'nt bank on it. lol!
sefton

Number of posts : 9295
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 6:49 pm

[quote="Albert"]
SEFTON wrote:
Super wrote:

I don't think he's the best player Sef but he's played pretty much every minute of every game this season, most of it in centre mid and we're currently 4th.He can't be that bad.[/quote

Albert,whilst i take on board your reasoning,i believe we are still fourth because other results have gone our way.
sefton

Number of posts : 9295
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 16 Nov 2012, 8:28 pm

Well I think he's fucking great & well worth another year contract.... hope he puts his blue Christmas lights up as well....

Not sure you'd call him a legend, but he is a blue
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33047
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 08 Feb 2013, 5:10 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2013/02/08/everton-fc-captain-phil-neville-will-ponder-his-playing-future-at-end-of-season-100252-32769587/

EVERTON FC captain Phil Neville ended his Manchester United career 11 appearances short of a 400-match milestone.

On Saturday he could rack up 300 in Royal Blue, symbolically at the venue where he started his career.

But while the Blues skipper will take pride in reaching a figure that only 33 other Evertonians have topped in the clubs entire history, he isnt looking any further ahead than this season.

Neville is out of contract this summer.

Talks have not yet been planned about an extension even though Neville has started 20 matches already this season and thats just the way he wants it.

Im quite relaxed about the situation, said Neville.

I spoke to the manager before Christmas and he asked me what I wanted to do. And I said I wanted to speak probably more towards the end of the season.

I think Im a year older than Sylvain Distin (who has just signed a years extension).

When I spoke to the boss Id just come out from having my knee operation and I think its sensible at my age to first, see how the body is, and then see how my situation is within the club and at the end of the day ask Do I still retain the hunger and the determination, and more importantly am I still having a positive effect on the team?

These are the things over the next three or four months that Ill be weighing up and well take it from there.

Theres no real panic or mad rush to talk about or discuss a new contract. At the end of the day theres bigger and more important things to concentrate on.

I suppose its more about me rather than about the club its about how I feel.

Ive been at Everton for the last eight years and Ive been captain and Ive been a large part of whats been going on.

But I want to remain as influential and if felt I wasnt as influential or I felt my form had dropped, or if I was standing in the way of someone who was coming through then I would have to look at it.

Thats the reason why Im in no rush.

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2013/02/08/everton-fc-captain-phil-neville-will-ponder-his-playing-future-at-end-of-season-100252-32769587/#ixzz2KKQkIp32
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33047

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 8:21 pm

I thought he was shocking today, and was against ManUre too. He's been a great captain for the club, but he's a liability on the pitch now. Neville and Heitinga shouldn't start a game for us unless the alternative is Doris the tea-lady's false teeth.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23530

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 19 Mar 2013, 7:23 pm

Super

Number of posts : 35971
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Tue 19 Mar 2013, 7:30 pm

Hopefully that will help keep him out of our first team.
Armchair

Number of posts : 18372
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:00 pm

Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18319
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:55 pm

Compassionate leave would be an idea. I'm only suggesting that because I am a decent sort of a chap, not because I'd grasp at any straw that keeps the useless cunt out of the first team. Any chance of Naismith's dad being arrested for nobbing a dead donkey or something?
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Tue 26 Mar 2013, 7:13 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

Compassionate leave would be an idea. I'm only suggesting that because I am a decent sort of a chap, not because I'd grasp at any straw that keeps the useless cunt out of the first team. Any chance of Naismith's dad being arrested for nobbing a dead donkey or something?

I don't blame him for being violent. I would be too if my name was Neville Neville.
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20987
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan on Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:12 pm

So, another Neville unable to make a simple pass.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14335
Registration date : 2006-01-30

View user profile http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 7:19 am

Bryan wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

Love it.
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20987
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 7:47 am

Bryan wrote:

Armchair

Number of posts : 18372
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 12:25 pm

Neville says he'd drop a level if it meant he could prolong his career

Source: Echo
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

View user profile http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 12:50 pm

I'm not trying to trivialise anything but sexual assault is a very broad charge ranging from pinching someones arse to .............. (I don't want to go to the other extreme)

Maybe Neville Neville was just a bit hammered and touched someones bum?
Albert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 1:52 pm

Albert wrote:

I'm not trying to trivialise anything but sexual assault is a very broad charge ranging from pinching someones arse to .............. (I don't want to go to the other extreme)

And I think the Police and CPS can make that distinction. What I do actually dislike is the fact that the Neville lads have to be brought into the story. Both of them are believed to be genuine solid lads - decent role models. If NN was not in some way related then given current times would not even merit a mention (in news editors eyes at least).

Da Judge

Number of posts : 8440
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 4:41 pm

Uwist61 wrote:
Albert wrote:

And I think the Police and CPS can make that distinction. What I do actually dislike is the fact that the Neville lads have to be brought into the story. Both of them are believed to be genuine solid lads - decent role models. If NN was not in some way related then given current times would not even merit a mention (in news editors eyes at least).

Bet you it's quietly dropped in 6 months. Cps and police have gone into celebrity pervert overdrive due to previous failings causing them much embarrassment
Albert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:42 am

Sky News Newsdesk‏@SkyNewsBreak2m
Footballer Phil Neville confirms he will leave Everton at the end of the season after eight years with the club
the club
tadpole

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:05 am

tadpole wrote:Sky News Newsdesk‏@SkyNewsBreak2m
Footballer Phil Neville confirms he will leave Everton at the end of the season after eight years with the club
the club

Wow. Clearly wants to keep playing and has probably been told no contract. Moyes may well have said "if I stay, you can stay on the coaching staff but I can't guarantee I'll still be here", and Nev has decided, on balance, he'd rather drop a division and keep playing and needs to put his name out there as soon as possible. Maybe even a player manager job in League 1 or 2?
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:15 am

Super

Number of posts : 35971
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:40 am

Neville, who can play at right-back or in midfield, added: "I'll now be doing everything I can to help Everton finish as high up the league table as possible."

Clearly a journalist who hasn't watched him play for a while......been a good servent but has probably over stayed his welcome a little and has been playing by default because we're short of players
tadpole

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top