24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Armchair on Sun 11 Oct 2015, 7:01 pm

I thought he was Muslim scratch Very Happy
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18382
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  anticipate_the_pass on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 2:10 pm

T.H getting slated on Social Media for the two goals against Arsenal, do we need a more "dominant in the air" better on crosses goalkeeper ?
avatar
anticipate_the_pass

Number of posts : 1014
Location : New York
Registration date : 2006-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Gravy & Chips on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 3:21 pm

anticipate_the_pass wrote:T.H getting slated on Social Media for the two goals against Arsenal, do we need a more "dominant in the air" better on crosses goalkeeper ?

Been saying that since 2008 and THAT Carling Cup semi final against the Chavs

The size of the cunt, he should be clearing every fucker out when coming to easily take the ball.

He's a shithouse, a massively built muscled shithouse
avatar
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13106
Age : 44
Location : Walton (not the nick)
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Tonteau on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 3:49 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:
anticipate_the_pass wrote:T.H getting slated on Social Media for the two goals against Arsenal, do we need a more "dominant in the air" better on crosses goalkeeper ?

Been saying that since 2008 and THAT Carling Cup semi final against the Chavs

The size of the cunt, he should be clearing every fucker out when coming to easily take the ball.

He's a shithouse, a massively built muscled shithouse

First goal, he should have done better, just needed to stand on his line and catch the header. Second I can't complain too much about. The Danny Ings goal for the shite, though. It must have passed him by about a 18 inches and he didn't touch it. Still, how many world class keepers are there that we could buy or would come to us?
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 4:22 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:
anticipate_the_pass wrote:T.H getting slated on Social Media for the two goals against Arsenal, do we need a more "dominant in the air" better on crosses goalkeeper ?

Been saying that since 2008 and THAT Carling Cup semi final against the Chavs

The size of the cunt, he should be clearing every fucker out when coming to easily take the ball.

He's a shithouse, a massively built muscled shithouse

First goal, he should have done better, just needed to stand on his line and catch the header. Second I can't complain too much about. The Danny Ings goal for the shite, though. It must have passed him by about a 18 inches and he didn't touch it. Still, how many world class keepers are there that we could buy or would come to us?
TH is not that big.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5781
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Armchair on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 5:48 pm

Tim could do better at crosses but it would be nice if our defenders attacked some of the balls that come in, rather than stare at them with wide-eyed wonder; 'A cross from the flanks? We don't practise those on the training pitch' Shocked
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18382
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  sefton on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 6:09 pm

Tim Howard , maybe we should call him ''Samson'' as he becomes more weak when having his hair(beard) cut. Very Happy
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9296
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  WellOilBeefHooked on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 10:27 pm

He should have punched the Giroud goal away without any problem but he had no chance for the second - very poor defending
avatar
WellOilBeefHooked

Number of posts : 1176
Age : 54
Location : Nantwich, Cheshire via Lydiate, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Didsbury and Stockport
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Statman on Tue 27 Oct 2015, 1:41 pm

WellOilBeefHooked wrote:He should have punched the Giroud goal away without any problem but he had no chance for the second - very poor defending

Not sure that I agree. I don't think that Schmeichel or Southall would have conceded either. Nor Courtouis, De Gea, etc. today. Koscielny was 3 yards out when he made contact. Howard has got the capacity to move away from his line and jump then punch. Instead his feet were glued to the line and he can only attempt a Supermanesque dive.
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 6976
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 27 Oct 2015, 9:54 pm

Statman wrote:
WellOilBeefHooked wrote:He should have punched the Giroud goal away without any problem but he had no chance for the second - very poor defending

Not sure that I agree. I don't think that Schmeichel or Southall would have conceded either. Nor Courtouis, De Gea, etc. today. Koscielny was 3 yards out when he made contact. Howard has got the capacity to move away from his line and jump then punch. Instead his feet were glued to the line and he can only attempt a Supermanesque dive.
I have to agree with Statman. On the first goal note that his arm are not even above his shoulders. Did he not anticipate that Giroud would head the ball OVER Howard's head?

And he was totally glued to the goal line for the header from some 3 yards out.

Not very impressive goal tending.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65769
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 28 Oct 2015, 12:21 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Statman wrote:
WellOilBeefHooked wrote:He should have punched the Giroud goal away without any problem but he had no chance for the second - very poor defending

Not sure that I agree. I don't think that Schmeichel or Southall would have conceded either. Nor Courtouis, De Gea, etc. today. Koscielny was 3 yards out when he made contact. Howard has got the capacity to move away from his line and jump then punch. Instead his feet were glued to the line and he can only attempt a Supermanesque dive.
I have to agree with Statman. On the first goal note that his arm are not even above his shoulders. Did he not anticipate that Giroud would head the ball OVER Howard's head?

And he was totally glued to the goal line for the header from some 3 yards out.

Not very impressive goal tending.
Robles, on the other hand, was bang on tonight. Saves, crosses, clearances, all better then TH>
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5781
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Gravy & Chips on Wed 28 Oct 2015, 9:38 am

Apart from in the first 10 when he tried his trademark two fisted punch and missed it completely and fell over
avatar
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13106
Age : 44
Location : Walton (not the nick)
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 28 Oct 2015, 9:52 am

Gravy & Chips wrote:Apart from in the first 10 when he tried his trademark two fisted punch and missed it completely and fell over
I can't remember that one, but you get my drift.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5781
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  sefton on Wed 28 Oct 2015, 9:58 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Statman wrote:
WellOilBeefHooked wrote:He should have punched the Giroud goal away without any problem but he had no chance for the second - very poor defending

Not sure that I agree. I don't think that Schmeichel or Southall would have conceded either. Nor Courtouis, De Gea, etc. today. Koscielny was 3 yards out when he made contact. Howard has got the capacity to move away from his line and jump then punch. Instead his feet were glued to the line and he can only attempt a Supermanesque dive.
I have to agree with Statman. On the first goal note that his arm are not even above his shoulders. Did he not anticipate that Giroud would head the ball OVER Howard's head?

And he was totally glued to the goal line for the header from some 3 yards out.

Not very impressive goal tending.
Robles, on the other hand, was bang on tonight. Saves, crosses, clearances, all better then TH>

Martinez .has stated that ''Tim Howard'' will be back in the starting eleven to face Sunderland on Sunday,Robles will be back on the bench.
What a total arrogant t*at Martinez Is,He won't listen to the fans,such as his EGO will cost us a higher position in the Premiership.
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9296
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Super on Wed 28 Oct 2015, 11:49 am

Joel Robles' Capital One Cup heroics may have sent Everton into the last eight for just the second time in 28 years, but he will be relegated to Tim Howard's back-up again this weekend. Robles has been preferred to Howard in this competition all year and he had extra incentive to impress against Norwich after the American was culpable for both of Arsenal's goals in the Toffees' most recent loss. The cup 'keeper produced a fine one-handed save from striker Lewis Grabban's header in the last minute to deny the Canaries a 2-1 win in normal time before he saved Wes Hoolahan's spot-kick in the shoot-out that Everton won 4-3.

However, having stated Robles' inclusion was not a reflection of the first-choice goalkeeper's recent struggles before the game, Everton boss Roberto Martinez confirmed Howard would return between the sticks against Sunderland on Sunday. Asked if Howard would lose his starting berth, the Spaniard replied: "No, that's very clear. "Joel has been playing in this competition and I trust him 100 per cent - the same way Tim Howard is a very, very influential member of our squad. Nothing changes. "Of course we want to be better in terms of keeping clean-sheets but it's very easy and soft to look at the last man standing in front of goal in those situations. "Tim's got incredible standards, he cannot be happy with the goals he conceded at the weekend. But there's no doubt in terms of Tim Howard's starting ability."

His Spanish stand-in did earn praise from his manager, though, for the save he pulled off to repel Grabban after Sebastien Bassong, with his first goal since 2012, and stand-in Everton skipper Leon Osman had traded strikes. "Joel was throughout the game himself - he was controlled," Martinez added. "I thought he had the moment of the game in the header of Lewis Grabban - that is a terrific save. His composure and demeanour was very, very good. His penalty save was very impressive. "I'm very pleased for Joel because he's working really hard behind the scenes and is starting to show how reliable he is."
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35976
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 28 Oct 2015, 3:28 pm



"Joel was throughout the game himself - he was controlled," Martinez added.  "I thought he had the moment of the game in the header of Lewis Grabban - that is a terrific save. His composure and demeanour was very, very good. His penalty save was very impressive.  "I'm very pleased for Joel because he's working really hard behind the scenes and is starting to show how reliable he is."
[/quote]

Which begs the question "why would he want to stay?"
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5781
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 28 Oct 2015, 9:15 pm

Martinez comments mean nothing to the average Everton fan these days. All I hear is "blah blah phenomenal blah blah fantastic blah blah.

And please give Robles a chance.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65769
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 28 Oct 2015, 10:33 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Martinez comments mean nothing to the average Everton fan these days. All I hear is "blah blah phenomenal blah blah fantastic blah blah.

And please give Robles a chance.
So if, through some kind of epiphany, Robles turns into a world class goalie, and in the next cup game, puts on a display of Lev Yashin proportions, he goes back to Finch Farm for a work out with the academy? You kiddn' me Robby lad?
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5781
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Blue gazza on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:28 pm

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2016/01/howard-set-to-sign-for-colorado-rapids/ probably for the best, he does miss his kids more than the crosses that come into our box

thanks and good luck tim if you do go
avatar
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6754
Age : 56
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:07 pm

Blue gazza wrote:http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2016/01/howard-set-to-sign-for-colorado-rapids/  probably for the best, he does miss his kids more than the crosses that come into our box

thanks and good luck tim if you do go
I hope he stays till the summer... I really like Robles a lot but IMO Tim still has a big role to play

he's been bloody good for us & I hate all the negativity aimed at him.... it's wrong IMHO
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33061
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:15 pm

We'll see. I do find it unfortunate that he's been receiving a lot of stick as of late, and I think this is 2 fold: He's not been at his best at times. And some of the frustration is not having Martinez playing Robles when it's clear that Howard has struggled. I feel that some of that frustration is then aimed at Howard (which isn't right).
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65769
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  The President on Wed 27 Jan 2016, 8:21 am

Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard, 36, is in "serious talks" with Colorado Rapids and is "highly likely" to end his 10-year stay with the Goodison Park club and move to Major League Soccer in May. (NBC Sports)
avatar
The President

Number of posts : 11341
Age : 57
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Lumper on Wed 27 Jan 2016, 10:21 am

Good luck to him
avatar
Lumper

Number of posts : 5847
Age : 41
Location : Dublin
Registration date : 2007-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 27 Jan 2016, 11:50 am

Lumper wrote:Good luck to him
agreed.. I like Tim but he's getting old & has served us well... I think Robles is ready.

No problem if he goes... if he does he goes with my thanks for one for the service he's given us

He had a hard job following Nigel Martyn & I think has done it pretty well on the whole
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33061
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Gravy & Chips on Wed 27 Jan 2016, 12:03 pm

Bit different to yesterday

Straight from the head dickhead's mouth

"No at the moment there is nothing,” Martinez told the Liverpool Echo after the defeat to Swansea in which Howard conceded his fifth penalty in a little over two years with a clumsy attempted clearance that took out Andre Ayew instead of the ball. “There is nothing to comment on"
avatar
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13106
Age : 44
Location : Walton (not the nick)
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 24: Tim Howard - USA USA USA

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum