Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Wed 12 Aug 2009, 1:12 pm

If something was to happen to one of our senior center backs, before we get Jakielka back, would Jack Rodwell be an obvious choice to play CB? It is after all his natural and preferred position.

If he was to play CB, how would he fair?

I for one, would drop the ungrateful, greedy Lescott to the bench and give Rodwell a go. You could always change things if was to go pear shaped.
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3890
Registration date : 2008-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Albert on Wed 12 Aug 2009, 1:13 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:If something was to happen to one of our senior center backs, before we get Jakielka back, would Jack Rodwell be an obvious choice to play CB? It is after all his natural and preferred position.

I for one, would drop the ungrateful, greedy Lescott to the bench and give Rodwell a go. You could always change things if was to go pear shaped.

clinton morrison gave him the run around pre season, i dont think he's ready for centre half just yet
Albert

Number of posts : 15622
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Wed 12 Aug 2009, 1:14 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:If something was to happen to one of our senior center backs, before we get Jakielka back, would Jack Rodwell be an obvious choice to play CB? It is after all his natural and preferred position.

He's already looked out of his depth there in the pre-season games. I reckon Pip would be played there ahead of Rodders.

Number of posts : 13067
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Wed 12 Aug 2009, 1:16 pm

He's looked a bit shaky at centre half in the two games he played there in pre-season. Plus he's 17/18, that's no age to be put in one of the toughest positions on the park against the premiership's finest.

I think he plays best in the centre of the park, anyways. Slightly less pressure and he uses the ball so well it's nice to have someone that composed in the middle of the pitch (especially when we're missing Arteta).
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Wed 12 Aug 2009, 1:40 pm

Tonteau wrote:

He's looked a bit shaky at centre half in the two games he played there in pre-season. Plus he's 17/18, that's no age to be put in one of the toughest positions on the park against the premiership's finest.
I think he plays best in the centre of the park, anyways. Slightly less pressure and he uses the ball so well it's nice to have someone that composed in the middle of the pitch (especially when we're missing Arteta).

Agree we need signings ASAP - wish Bill and Co would sort this out.

What concerns me the most is after the Arse game we have 3-4 relatively winable games against lower qualoty opposition - we need to ensure that we get maximum points out of these games. It will be extemely annoying to screw these games ups just through sheer sloppyness in the transfer market again!
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike on Wed 12 Aug 2009, 4:01 pm

He's not aggressive enough to play there yet. He backs off a lot and let's his marker rough him up to much. He'll improve, no doubt, but he'll make mistakes along the way as he does. If he makes these at centre half then it could cost us a goal and cost Jack his confidence. Leave him in midfield for now. It will give him more experience of the Prem until he's ready to move back.
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Rodders

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Mon 31 Aug 2009, 9:39 pm

Is Jack Rodwell establishing himself as a permanent choice in the side?

If he keeps playing like he did in the Wigan game, Moyes will find it hard to leave him out. Did anyone see where he dragged the ball back with sole of hit foot, leaving a Wigan player standing and then went on a run into the Wigan half. He seems to be getting more cocky as his confidence grows.

Is it me or is he the only midfielder prepared to shoot from distance?
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3890
Registration date : 2008-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Mon 31 Aug 2009, 9:45 pm

Against Wigan/Sigma who sit back he will be dangerous, it's when the midfield is a battle ground he sometimes struggles.

He was definately MOTM yesterday.
Michael Crosby S74

Number of posts : 27999
Registration date : 2005-10-13

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 31 Aug 2009, 10:11 pm

He sure does seem to be more confident out there. He even has a pop at goal with his left foot on and off from outside the box.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65769
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  blueFire on Mon 31 Aug 2009, 11:41 pm

He's confident after the 2 goals from distance against sigma (and the second one with his left was a blinder), and he's hitting them well (especially when he's hitting with his left). He had one good strike that was saved in the first half, another that deflected just wide of the goal. If he continues to be confident and doesn't miss too many in a row, he's a fantastic attacking weapon to have, a defensive midfielder who sits back outside the area when we are attacking and comes onto the ball and strikes it if its cleared by the defence. He'll score a fair few goals this season I reckon.
blueFire

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2006-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Tue 01 Sep 2009, 12:24 am

I think he is a wonderful talent and I also think that Moyes is handling him very well (not in the gay way lads) by not putting too much pressure on him. I think that he will start to take Neville's place over the next 2 seasons and I would like to think Neville would welcome this in a way. He could learn alot from Pip and I think Pip is the kind of player that would be proud to see him get better than him. The problem may arise that Rodwell is better than Pip now but lets see.
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20987
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 01 Sep 2009, 6:04 am

I would like to see Rodders play in the DCM role on his own, maybe in the league cup game and see how he gets on without Pip in beside him (insert your own joke)
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18321
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Rodwell out with Flu

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 30 Sep 2009, 5:09 pm

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5irPKPLVgLbDUEG9SRSsf6XZ5nnbg

Rolling Eyes
Rodwell blow compounds Everton's problems

Everton manager David Moyes will be without nine regular squad members on Thursday when his team face BATE Borisov in the Europa League.

Promising midfielder Jack Rodwell has become the latest to be sidelined - following Steven Pienaar, Phil Neville, Phil Jagielka, Mikel Arteta, Victor Anichebe in being out injured, while Louis Saha is suspended and recent arrivals John Heitinga and Lucas Neill are both ineligible - and did not travel with the group to Belarus as Everton seek to build on their 4-0 victory over AEK Athens.

"While it is disappointing we don't have the pick of all our players, that doesn't make our involvement any less enjoyable," Moyes said. "It (Europe) is something that we as a club always wanted. Finishing fifth last season and qualifying was a great achievement for us, so I am really looking forward to this match."

Rodwell remained at home to rest up and recover from flu symptoms, with South African winger Pienaar, as expected, absent with a knee injury. Pienaar's setback occurred following a challenge by Portsmouth's Aaron Mokoena - his national team captain - in the victory at Fratton Park at the weekend.

Pienaar, while disappointed referee Alan Wiley did not take action at Portsmouth, is aiming to return to fitness as soon as possible.

"I'm still in a bit of pain, but hopefully I will be okay in the next couple of days," he said in an interview with EvertonTV.

"When I landed on the ground it (the knee) was just sore. I thought that maybe the pain would ease off.

"As soon as I got back on the pitch I tried to run it off, but it was sore and I couldn't turn or move my knee. All I've been able to do is to stay at home and put ice on it. But that's all I can do.

"I was disappointed that we didn't get a free-kick for it. I saw the clip and he was a bit late, but I also know that it is part of his (Mokoena's) game to get stuck in.

"Maybe the referees are supposed to protect and blow for a free-kick, but everybody makes mistakes."
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33061

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey on Wed 30 Sep 2009, 5:11 pm

Draw will do now.
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Wed 30 Sep 2009, 5:40 pm

shit, whose can sit in front of the back four?
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Wed 30 Sep 2009, 7:04 pm

no disrespect but once it is on the EFC web site I will see more truth in it. If so lets go 4-4-2,
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18321
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Wed 30 Sep 2009, 8:06 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:no disrespect but once it is on the EFC web site I will see more truth in it. If so lets go 4-4-2,

There you go mate.....

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/duo-absent-from-minsk.html
Super

Number of posts : 35976
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Riggy on Thu 01 Oct 2009, 2:12 am

To be fair so fuck give the lad a rest are we saying Gosling Felli Cahil Billy Yak and Jo are not good wnough to beat that pile of shit? I would even maybe give young baxter a rub out 4-4-2 fuck it nothing to lose.
Riggy

Number of posts : 7051
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Thu 01 Oct 2009, 2:22 am

Riggy wrote:To be fair so fuck give the lad a rest are we saying Gosling Felli Cahil Billy Yak and Jo are not good wnough to beat that pile of shit? I would even maybe give young baxter a rub out 4-4-2 fuck it nothing to lose.

Had a good night Riggy?

Love the idea of giving Baxter a "rub" out. Very Happy
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20987
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Thu 01 Oct 2009, 8:26 am

Riggy wrote:To be fair so fuck give the lad a rest are we saying Gosling Felli Cahil Billy Yak and Jo are not good wnough to beat that pile of shit? I would even maybe give young baxter a rub out 4-4-2 fuck it nothing to lose.

Shocked
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luka Perfect on Thu 01 Oct 2009, 10:27 am

He is now Rodunwell
Luka Perfect

Number of posts : 7259

View user profile http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/seinfeld/tvindex.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 01 Oct 2009, 1:08 pm

Ruddy Perfect wrote:He is now Rodunwell

Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33061

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 01 Oct 2009, 8:53 pm

I'm home as well today with flu like symptoms. The good thing aboout that though was that I got to watch the second half of the match. Laughing
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65769

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

See You Jack

Post  The Griffin on Wed 04 Nov 2009, 10:11 am

Fron BBC:

Manchester City have joined Manchester United in showing an interest in teenage Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell but are unlikely to launch a bid until next summer.
Full story: Daily Mail
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Wed 04 Nov 2009, 10:41 am

Dear Manchester City,

Fuck the fuck off.

Sincerely,

David Moyes.