Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Armchair on Sat 15 May 2010, 8:53 am

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is determined to beat Chelsea to the signature of Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell, 19, while Aston Villa midfielder James Milner is also a United target. (The Times)
Armchair

Number of posts : 18382
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Sat 15 May 2010, 2:40 pm

Rumour has it Rodwell has already signed so we'll have to wait and see.
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 15 May 2010, 2:43 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is determined to beat Chelsea to the signature of Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell, 19, while Aston Villa midfielder James Milner is also a United target. (The Times)
He better dig reeeeeaaaaal deep then.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65769
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 15 May 2010, 5:26 pm

If Chelski and Manure both want Rodwell, then what would he be worth. Has to be more than Lescott surely? 25m plus add-ons for appearances and a sell-on clause?

If he wants to go, he'll go, but it would be nice to make some dough out of it. Give Moyes something to spend I guess. And you won't miss what you haven't really had, since Rodwell still isn't a first choice on the team sheet yet.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23546

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan on Sat 15 May 2010, 5:31 pm

hairy cataract wrote:If Chelski and Manure both want Rodwell, then what would he be worth. Has to be more than Lescott surely? 25m plus add-ons for appearances and a sell-on clause?

If he wants to go, he'll go, but it would be nice to make some dough out of it. Give Moyes something to spend I guess. And you won't miss what you haven't really had, since Rodwell still isn't a first choice on the team sheet yet.

I've not seen anything to say he is an absoloute diamond world beater, at least not in the sense we saw Rooney do? i think if Rooney was a fist in the face, Rodwell may well be a sly kick in the nads.

I don't actually know the point i'm trying to mate. Fucking sell him, we've become a destroy and rebuild club, why stop now.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14335
Registration date : 2006-01-30

View user profile http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Sat 15 May 2010, 8:23 pm

I have to be honest and say if we did sell Rodwell, and we did get a big fee, that I don't have faith in Moyes spending the money, if last season was anything to go off. Some of the players that get associated with our club can be a bit worrying, especially when you look at some near misses we've had that Moyes has 'apparently' tried to buy. Buying good players cheap, and spending big money on them are very different.
BB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Sat 15 May 2010, 10:24 pm

BB wrote:I have to be honest and say if we did sell Rodwell, and we did get a big fee, that I don't have faith in Moyes spending the money, if last season was anything to go off. Some of the players that get associated with our club can be a bit worrying, especially when you look at some near misses we've had that Moyes has 'apparently' tried to buy. Buying good players cheap, and spending big money on them are very different.

I deffo would trust him with the money. Johnny is a class signing and Billy will only get better. As for the players we tried to buy? Paper talk?
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Sun 16 May 2010, 3:05 am

Sheep Flavour wrote:
BB wrote:I have to be honest and say if we did sell Rodwell, and we did get a big fee, that I don't have faith in Moyes spending the money, if last season was anything to go off. Some of the players that get associated with our club can be a bit worrying, especially when you look at some near misses we've had that Moyes has 'apparently' tried to buy. Buying good players cheap, and spending big money on them are very different.

I deffo would trust him with the money. Johnny is a class signing and Billy will only get better. As for the players we tried to buy? Paper talk?

I'm currently debating if I'd rather have Lescott, and the 'way we were' , than have Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, and Distin.
I'll try and explain why even if a little tongue in cheek.

When we had Lescott, we knew exactly what our best defence was, and who covered who.
Baines played left back.
Lescott played Central OR left back.
Jags played Central.
Hibbert played right back.
Yobo and Neville were cover, with both equally as good as the former.

Meanwhile, Moyes bought Fellaini, and didn't have a clue where to play him.
We still had a right wing problem, but our left wing worked very well. Arteta was finding dominance in the center.

After we sold Lescott:

Only Baines is 100% to start in defence.

We are uncertain where to play Heitinga.
We are uncertain where to play Bilyaletdinov.
We are uncertain as to if we should play Distin.
Jags has been poor since returning.
Only Hibbert has been boss, yet peeps want him gone. scratch

Nev is a question mark now as he has competition.
Saha is a question mark as he is ageing, and inconsistent recently.
Yakubu is a question mark, as he has been a shadow of his former self. We have at least 2 strikers 'probably' joining.
Howard is a question mark as he has competition now in Mucha.

Our best midfielders? Fellaini out injured. Arteta returning from injury, but could go to Arsenal. Pienaar looking like he could leave. Rodwell looking like he could leave.
On top of that, we have Gosling out long term, and whoopee ... Cahill eventually finding form after a poor season. cheers
Osman perked up a bit, but still not amazing. Anichebe has even thrown himself into the mix which is at least a positive.

Who will play where?

.................Howard / Mucha

???? .... ???? .... ???? .... Baines

???? .... Arteta .... Fellaini .... ????

.....................????

We aren't looking too definite lately regarding selection lol. drunken

But don't worry. Bily will probably get better next year lmao. cheers cheers cheers

Why didn't Moyes buy a winger? scratch Who would have played had we managed to secure Banega?
Still, we have zero pace in the team.

Many of us thought Heitinga would play right back, but instead he was put into a defensive midfield, before being swapped back and to between central defence and defensive mid.
Bilyaletdinov has played on the right, the left, and then behind the striker. Distin has been in and out of the side. Pienaar has been on both sides. Donovan is a striker, but Moyes put him on the wing. Anichebe is a striker, yet Moyes does the same. Yakubu is supposed to be a striker, yet wants to play left wing lol. Osman played on the wing, and so did Arteta. Fellaini has played everywhere. Hibbert has been in the middle, Gosling at the back, and Coleman at left back. Nev has 2 positions, and Cahill is the same. Rodders was supposed to be a full back and plays defensive mid.

And you trust Moyes to spend 40 million ?
BB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 16 May 2010, 3:18 am

That's a very good post BB. I think the major comment I have though is that I think that Jageilka is among the first on the team sheet when he's available for selection. Hence I believe that half of the back four are given on any day.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Sun 16 May 2010, 4:06 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:That's a very good post BB. I think the major comment I have though is that I think that Jageilka is among the first on the team sheet when he's available for selection. Hence I believe that half of the back four are given on any day.

Jags is a good player, but he became the 'darling' of the back four last season with a mixture of good play and a little romance and hype thrown in for good measure.
His injury was unfortunate and together with the Lescott saga threw our club into chaos at the back, and in doing so almost undoubtebly caught Moyes off guard.

Is he, or indeed was he, as good as fans make him out to be? Is he, and indeed was he, our best center back?

The partnership worked very well with Lescott, but we were also very good with Yobo in the team too. Now many fans are claiming Heitinga is first choice CB, and don't mind if we sell Yobo.

For me, this could be a big mistake, as we need to know for sure what our strongest partnership at center back is, and individual ability doesn't always guarantee great teamwork. It could be that Yobo and Heitinga could work best, or even Heitinga and Distin. There really is no foundation yet that suggests Jags and Heitinga will work well, ( it hasn't so far ) and it could be that the perfect answer could lie in other players.
Even Senderos could figure, funny as it might seem. All we know is that when Lescott left, and Jags was injured, a partnership that was proven to be good disappeared, and we let so many goals in that it was hurtful.

What is for sure, is that Yobo and Distin have pace, even if they can be clumbsy occasionally. Jags and Heitinga still have just as much to prove. It will be interesting to see who gets the job, and how stable we become defensively. One thing for sure though, is that none of them defend the area well, ( think Lampard territory ) and that could be coaching.
BB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luka Perfect on Sun 16 May 2010, 7:29 am

BB wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:That's a very good post BB. I think the major comment I have though is that I think that Jageilka is among the first on the team sheet when he's available for selection. Hence I believe that half of the back four are given on any day.

Jags is a good player, but he became the 'darling' of the back four last season with a mixture of good play and a little romance and hype thrown in for good measure.
His injury was unfortunate and together with the Lescott saga threw our club into chaos at the back, and in doing so almost undoubtebly caught Moyes off guard.

Is he, or indeed was he, as good as fans make him out to be? Is he, and indeed was he, our best center back?

The partnership worked very well with Lescott, but we were also very good with Yobo in the team too. Now many fans are claiming Heitinga is first choice CB, and don't mind if we sell Yobo.

For me, this could be a big mistake, as we need to know for sure what our strongest partnership at center back is, and individual ability doesn't always guarantee great teamwork. It could be that Yobo and Heitinga could work best, or even Heitinga and Distin. There really is no foundation yet that suggests Jags and Heitinga will work well, ( it hasn't so far ) and it could be that the perfect answer could lie in other players.
Even Senderos could figure, funny as it might seem. All we know is that when Lescott left, and Jags was injured, a partnership that was proven to be good disappeared, and we let so many goals in that it was hurtful.

What is for sure, is that Yobo and Distin have pace, even if they can be clumbsy occasionally. Jags and Heitinga still have just as much to prove. It will be interesting to see who gets the job, and how stable we become defensively. One thing for sure though, is that none of them defend the area well, ( think Lampard territory ) and that could be coaching.

However Jags played 11 games last season and we never lost any of those games which tends to suggest Jags is the best defender
Luka Perfect

Number of posts : 7259
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/seinfeld/tvindex.html

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Sun 16 May 2010, 2:55 pm

Perfect Heit wrote:
BB wrote:

However Jags played 11 games last season and we never lost any of those games which tends to suggest Jags is the best defender

What about Spurs ( lost 2-1 ) and Sporting Lisbon ( lost 3-0 ) ?

Hardly our most difficult period in the league either to be fair lol and he made his fair share of mistakes:lol!:

In Senderos' league games, we beat Chelsea and Wigan. Is he the best ? Won 2 Draw 0 Lost 0
BB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 17 May 2010, 3:24 am

BB wrote:
Perfect Heit wrote:
BB wrote:

What about Spurs ( lost 2-1 ) and Sporting Lisbon ( lost 3-0 ) ?

Hardly our most difficult period in the league either to be fair lol and he made his fair share of mistakes:lol!:

In Senderos' league games, we beat Chelsea and Wigan. Is he the best ? Won 2 Draw 0 Lost 0
Senderos is a bit cumbersome at times and could use some more pace, but he's a useful player, especially if free.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Mon 17 May 2010, 11:58 pm

BB wrote:
Sheep Flavour wrote:

I'm currently debating if I'd rather have Lescott, and the 'way we were' , than have Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, and Distin.

When we had Lescott, we knew exactly what our best defence was, and who covered who.
Baines played left back.
Jags played Central.

We still had a right wing problem, but our left wing worked very well. Arteta was finding dominance in the center.

After we sold Lescott:

Yakubu is a question mark, as he has been a shadow of his former self. We have at least 2 strikers 'probably' joining.

Our best midfielders? Fellaini out injured. Arteta returning from injury, but could go to Arsenal. Pienaar looking like he could leave. Rodwell looking like he could leave.
On top of that, we have Gosling out long term, and whoopee ... Cahill eventually finding form after a poor season. cheers
Osman perked up a bit, but still not amazing. Anichebe has even thrown himself into the mix which is at least a positive.

Who will play where?

But don't worry. Bily will probably get better next year lmao. cheers cheers cheers

Why didn't Moyes buy a winger? scratch Who would have played had we managed to secure Banega?

Many of us thought Heitinga would play right back, but instead he was put into a defensive midfield, before being swapped back and to between central defence and defensive mid.
Bilyaletdinov has played on the right, the left, and then behind the striker. Distin has been in and out of the side. Pienaar has been on both sides. Donovan is a striker, but Moyes put him on the wing. Anichebe is a striker, yet Moyes does the same. Yakubu is supposed to be a striker, yet wants to play left wing lol. Osman played on the wing, and so did Arteta. Fellaini has played everywhere. Hibbert has been in the middle, Gosling at the back, and Coleman at left back. Nev has 2 positions, and Cahill is the same. Rodders was supposed to be a full back and plays defensive mid.

So we were the third best team in the 2nd half of the season with a net spend this season of sweet FA and you can't give the manager any credit.
Statman

Number of posts : 6976
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Tue 18 May 2010, 12:33 am

Statman wrote:
BB wrote:
Sheep Flavour wrote:

Baines played left back.
Jags played Central.

After we sold Lescott:

Who will play where?

So we were the third best team in the 2nd half of the season with a net spend this season of sweet FA and you can't give the manager any credit.

Did you miss this ?
I'll try and explain why even if a little tongue in cheek

Besides, why is it any consolation that we were 3rd best for the 2nd half? We still failed miserably in Europe in the 2nd half, and we still failed to get better than 8th place in the league. We also drew 5 out of our last 10 matches, which is pretty poor when you are looking for a top 7 finish.
Did I mention that on top of signing a Russian who couldn't hack it in the Prem, and a Frenchman who is about to pick up his pension, we also signed a Dutch man who wasn't allowed to play in Europe? Then there was the Brazilian who wanted an extra holiday, and the Australian who needed to earn a bit of spending money before hopping on the bus to Turkey with the Brazilian. We then had the Swiss who was brought in on loan but not tested out, and the Irishman who whilst his team mates enjoyed Dubai could only afford a trip to Blackpool. That's what happens when you give a Scotsman money. Wink
BB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Tue 18 May 2010, 1:01 am

BB wrote:
Statman wrote:
BB wrote:
Sheep Flavour wrote:

Baines played left back.
Jags played Central.

After we sold Lescott:

Who will play where?

Did you miss this ?
I'll try and explain why even if a little tongue in cheek

Besides, why is it any consolation that we were 3rd best for the 2nd half? We still failed miserably in Europe in the 2nd half, and we still failed to get better than 8th place in the league. We also drew 5 out of our last 10 matches, which is pretty poor when you are looking for a top 7 finish.
Did I mention that on top of signing a Russian who couldn't hack it in the Prem, and a Frenchman who is about to pick up his pension, we also signed a Dutch man who wasn't allowed to play in Europe? Then there was the Brazilian who wanted an extra holiday, and the Australian who needed to earn a bit of spending money before hopping on the bus to Turkey with the Brazilian. We then had the Swiss who was brought in on loan but not tested out, and the Irishman who whilst his team mates enjoyed Dubai could only afford a trip to Blackpool. That's what happens when you give a Scotsman money. Wink

OK so a tad tongue in cheek but I just see more reasons to be cheerful.

If we can be the 3rd best team in the 2nd half of the season I hold out hope that we can be the 3rd best across a full season. 5 draws in the last 10 was coupled with 5 wins to give us 20 points from 10 games. This would translate into 76 points in the season which would have got 3rd place this season.

In my opinion, the European loss hinged on one bad pass from Distin. If we had taken a 2-0 lead into the 2nd leg I firmly believe that we would have gotten through. These things happen. Although I will concede that it is up to the players to make sure that it doesn't happen again. We can't keep on putting it down to bad luck.
Statman

Number of posts : 6976
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 18 May 2010, 8:48 am

Roberto Mancini is planning to make a double Goodison Park swoop as he readies the club for a major clearout. The Manchester City boss is apparently considering a move for English pair Jack Rodwell and Phil Jagielka and is willing to make a big money move for the duo.

As many as 14 of the Eastlands squad could find themselves heading for the exit as Mancini looks to create a squad that has more of his own signings. Having more or less sealed a deal to bring German centre back Jerome Boateng to the club the Italian now wants to add Everton defender Phil Jagielka to his squad.

The determined centre back was beginning to make his way into a regular spot in the England set up when he suffered a cruciate ligament injury. The 27 year old former Sheffield United man only managed 11 Premier League starts last term but appears to be making his way back to the form that made him a target for a number of Premier League sides.

Jack Rodwell has been linked with moves to both Arsenal and Manchester United and the teenager has shown great maturity and has become a crucial part of the Everton side during the season where he has figured in 36 matches.

David Moyes will not want to lose either player but has of course failed to prevent moves for the likes of Wayne Rooney and Joleon Lescott in recent years. Manchester City are ready to offer as much as 32m for the pair.
Super

Number of posts : 35976
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 18 May 2010, 2:04 pm

Haven't you done a Super here Super?
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 18 May 2010, 2:07 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Haven't you done a Super here Super?

Posted the article in both the Rodwell and Jags thread as it mentioned them both, couldn't decided which one should include it in, so hence went in both.
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 19 May 2010, 7:51 am

Manchester United are set to table a bid of 20m for Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell, with boss Sir Alex Ferguson hoping his offer will see off Chelsea, who are reported to have tabled a bid of 16m. Full story: Footylatest.com
Armchair

Number of posts : 18382
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  TD's Powder of Sympathy on Wed 19 May 2010, 8:00 am

Manchester United are set to table a bid of 20m for Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell, with boss Sir Alex Ferguson hoping his offer will see off Chelsea, who are reported to have tabled a bid of 16m. Full story: Footylatest.com

"Father" Jack has apparently signed a new contract so they can all feck off..

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
TD's Powder of Sympathy

Number of posts : 19948
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Wed 19 May 2010, 9:45 am

Have no fear....

David Moyes has no intention of selling any of his top stars this summer, including Jack Rodwell. Everton enjoyed another productive campaign in 2009/10, recovering from a slow start to finish among those pushing for European qualification.

Their continued success means they remain a potential target for those looking to cherry-pick their best players, with the likes of Rodwell and Mikel Arteta regularly linked with moves elsewhere.

The Toffees have been forced to stand by in the past as the cream of their crop is snatched from under their nose, with Wayne Rooney and Joleon Lescott offloaded for big money. However, they have no need to sell at present and Moyes is adamant that no member of his first-team squad is available for transfer.

He told the Daily Express: "Are we susceptible? Of course we are, because people look at us and think, 'We can go to Everton and take their best players'. "But if they do, they know they are going to have to come with a very big cheque. If they come here, they know it is going to be very expensive and our intention is not to let any of the players go. I expect them to be here next season."

Teenage star Rodwell is the latest product of the Goodison Park academy ranks to attract interest from afar. Manchester United are reported to be long-time admirers of the combative England U21 international, but Moyes is confident Everton can convince the versatile 19-year-old that his future would be best served on Merseyside.

"As far as we are concerned, Jack will be here next season," added the Scot. "He has a four-year deal and it is being renewed just now. "I feel he understands that he is being pushed in the right direction at Everton and he appreciates that he is at the right place."
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Wed 19 May 2010, 10:29 am

Super wrote:Have no fear....

David Moyes has no intention of selling any of his top stars this summer, including Jack Rodwell. Everton enjoyed another productive campaign in 2009/10, recovering from a slow start to finish among those pushing for European qualification.

Their continued success means they remain a potential target for those looking to cherry-pick their best players, with the likes of Rodwell and Mikel Arteta regularly linked with moves elsewhere.

The Toffees have been forced to stand by in the past as the cream of their crop is snatched from under their nose, with Wayne Rooney and Joleon Lescott offloaded for big money. However, they have no need to sell at present and Moyes is adamant that no member of his first-team squad is available for transfer.

He told the Daily Express: "Are we susceptible? Of course we are, because people look at us and think, 'We can go to Everton and take their best players'. "But if they do, they know they are going to have to come with a very big cheque. If they come here, they know it is going to be very expensive and our intention is not to let any of the players go. I expect them to be here next season."

Teenage star Rodwell is the latest product of the Goodison Park academy ranks to attract interest from afar. Manchester United are reported to be long-time admirers of the combative England U21 international, but Moyes is confident Everton can convince the versatile 19-year-old that his future would be best served on Merseyside.

"As far as we are concerned, Jack will be here next season," added the Scot. "He has a four-year deal and it is being renewed just now. "I feel he understands that he is being pushed in the right direction at Everton and he appreciates that he is at the right place."

I wish Moyes would stay out of the press to be truthful.
It only takes one little slip up to lose the faith of the fans, or even the dressing room, and for any gain, it's really not worth his while talking to them. Each time I read stuff like that ( and I don't know if Moyes said that or not ) it just strikes me that he is very willing to sell our stars for the right price. It all reminds me a little of 'Rainbows Bungle' when I'd much rather he was Punch.

v

Last edited by BB on Wed 19 May 2010, 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
BB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Wed 19 May 2010, 11:44 am

BB wrote:
Super wrote:Have no fear....

I wish Moyes would stay out of the press to be truthful.
It only takes one little slip up to lose the faith of the fans, or even the dressing room, and for any gain, it's really not worth his while talking to them. Each time I read stuff like that ( and I don't know if Moyes said that or not ) it just strikes me that he is very willing to sell our stars for the right price. It all reminds me a little of 'Rainbows Bungle' when I'd much rather he was Punch.

v

To be fair to him... as soon as he says that "he has no comment..." then that is subject tom interpretation... and if he ignores then similar.

The reality is I feel something that we need to be realistic.

Last April I was at THAT dinner when I was told Lescott was going for around 20m - now I did not want to see him go and I was gutted that we would consider it a done deal, but the fact remains one year on, who actually got the better of the deal. City paid what would have to be considered a price well over the odds for market value. Everton used the funds to bring in a replacement - Heitinga - (more versatile, better quality yet has not scored the goals that Joleon did). But the money also allowed us to bring in another - Bilyaletdinov - who needs a break like no-one else and I have a sense that he will come good. We also got a decent replacement fill-in player - Distin.

Next year we will be invited to play 38 league matches and participate in cup matches. This is a pivotal season for the club. Ideally (again) I would want the club to retain and build with one addition by playing the fringe and incrementally moving. Providing Moyes continues to ensure that the net impact of a transfer on Everton is that the club is in a better position as a result. This was the case even with something like Rooney going. We were in a better shape as our play became less focussed on "give to Wayne".... or "...hoof it to Dunc..." . The Rooney money enabled Moyes to bring in the players that started to change the way we can play. That has been tuned with the improved perfomance money to invest and bring in additional talent which again has nudged us in the right direction.

I want the squad to remain but if we are to lose anyone I would choose that we lost Pienaar before Arteta, Distin/Senderos ahead of Jagielka. If we do lose then the likelihood is that we do not need to sell our financial state is rather more solid than most. We can be assured that the talent will go for the price that is best suited for the benefit of the club. Any of these players leaving we would have made the case that we think its in their interest to stay. Once they have made their mind up that that is not the case then all the club needs to do is make sure that its (and only its) interests are preserved.

Once we acknowledge this, we have to support the manager and the board insofar as they will in their belief adjust the squad and continue to improve the overall blend. Actually its for Moyes to make the choices - its for his staff to coach and maximise the result and for the Board to have faith.

As I have siad elsewhere, its for us to make what we can recognising that the Shoite are in a much more difficult position.
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8447
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Wed 19 May 2010, 12:02 pm

Toffee Dan wrote:

"Father" Jack has apparently signed a new contract so they can all feck off..

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news//tm_headline=everton-fc-hope-for-jack-rodwell-to-follow-tim-cahill-and-sign-new-deal%26method=full%26objectid=26474118%26siteid=92534-name_page.html
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6754

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top