Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Blue gazza on Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:14 am

Man City: "a dream come true"
In this interview, Jack Rodwell reveals that negotiations for his movewage increase to Manchester City have been going on for the last couple of weeks and it has all been kept under wraps "quite nicely". More
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6754
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Mon 13 Aug 2012, 7:34 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19232773

Confirmed at 12m rising to 17m. A bit more up front would have been good but 12m for someone who can't get into the starting XI even when fit isn't too bad.
Armchair

Number of posts : 18382
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Mon 13 Aug 2012, 9:41 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19232773

Confirmed at 12m rising to 17m. A bit more up front would have been good but 12m for someone who can't get into the starting XI even when fit isn't too bad.

A lot for a reserve team player. I just can't see him even making the bench at citeh IMO. Very Happy
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3890
Registration date : 2008-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Jack Rodwell

Post  Margate Blue on Mon 13 Aug 2012, 11:10 am

Did I miss the Rodwell thread? It's probably my age ...
Margate Blue

Number of posts : 1537
Registration date : 2005-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD's Powder of Sympathy on Mon 13 Aug 2012, 11:11 am

someone moved it to "Former Blues Chat" (wasn't me btw)

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
TD's Powder of Sympathy

Number of posts : 19948
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Margate Blue on Mon 13 Aug 2012, 11:33 am

That's show business, I guess.

Thanks TD
Margate Blue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:17 pm

Toffee Dan wrote:someone moved it to "Former Blues Chat" (wasn't me btw)

Have to admit I hate all these topic categories as I can never find what Im looking for! I prefered it when everything was in General Everton chat.
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:30 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
Toffee Dan wrote:someone moved it to "Former Blues Chat" (wasn't me btw)

Have to admit I hate all these topic categories as I can never find what Im looking for! I prefered it when everything was in General Everton chat.

Aye, it can be a bit confusing.
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:55 pm

Are we being linked with Rodwell? He seems to have potential but has yet to show his talent consistently. Maybe moving from Man City to a bigger club will do him good.
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Margate Blue on Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:59 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Are we being linked with Rodwell? He seems to have potential but has yet to show his talent consistently. Maybe moving from Man City to a bigger club will do him good.
lol!
Margate Blue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KoelJagz on Wed 15 Aug 2012, 10:20 pm

Paul Wilson in Guardian picks up on Mancini comment about Rodwell:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/aug/15/everton-manchester-city-roberto-mancini

Something may have been lost in the translation, not that Roberto Mancini has much need of an interpreter any more, or the Manchester City manager may not have expressed himself quite as precisely as he might have wished, but his remarks on signing Jack Rodwell from Everton must have made David Moyes flinch. "Rodwell is a good player," Mancini said. "He is young, and now for the first time he is at a club that plays to win, so it will be different for him."

Manchester United never said that when they prised Wayne Rooney out of Goodison Park. It was perfectly obvious to all concerned that whatever the player's initial loyalties, Everton were simply not in a position to turn down 23m or block Rooney's progress to a club that could offer Champions League football on a regular basis, but Sir Alex Ferguson managed to complete the deal without rubbing the selling club's noses in the fact of their poverty.

It is news to most Evertonians that Moyes and his players do not play to win. They play so well, in fact, on an extremely limited budget, that Mancini only recorded his first victory against them last season. The previous season Everton beat City home and away, motivated to a degree by Moyes's simmering resentment at the perceived lack of class the Mark Hughes regime demonstrated in tempting Joleon Lescott away from Merseyside.

Everyone at Everton understands that everyone is potentially for sale the same situation applies at just about every Premier League club from Arsenal downwards, although Arsenal do not always appear to realise it and given that even Manchester United were unable to hang on to Cristiano Ronaldo it could be said that these days only Chelsea and Manchester City, thanks to their generous backers, are not selling clubs.

That's the way football is now, there's no particular shame in it, though for Mancini to assert that just because City are rich and have recently won a couple of trophies they are one of the few clubs that plays to win is a step too far. It might be true, Rodwell will certainly win more with City than he ever would at Everton, but it was an undiplomatic and unnecessarily insulting way of outlining the difference between the two clubs. If only City, United and perhaps Chelsea are playing to win, the rest of us might as well go home.

Mancini should ask himself whether Everton were playing to win at Old Trafford at the end of last season, when with nothing in particular at stake, they refused to lie down and came back to shock Ferguson and United by claiming a 4-4 draw, denying the home side two points that went a long way to allowing City to get back into the title race.

With their fiercely competitive ethos under Moyes and their proud record of punching way above their financial weight, Everton are the very last team to deserve being dismissed as non-triers. Moyes's team actually do very well, considering the reward in terms of trophies and medals these past 10 years has been nil, to keep coming back for more and keep making bigger teams fight for every point. Everton keep their fans fairly happy, on the whole, which is no easy task when you start each season knowing pretty well you are not going to win anything and you know for sure your chairman will not be flashing the cash to bring in a David Silva or Eden Hazard.

If Premier League football is about anything it is about teams like Everton, whose professional pride and competitive work ethic gives the moneybags teams someone to play. As their owner Bill Kenwright knows only too well, there are only so many billionaires out there willing to write blank cheques to turn ordinary clubs into extraordinary success stories, and at any given time there can only be two or three clubs attempting to buy up all the best players.

Ironically, Everton were among the "big five" clubs agitating for the changes that eventually brought about the Premier League 20 years ago, and compared to the other four Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and United they have probably fared the worst in the brave new world. Yet only two of those clubs, Arsenal and United, have won titles in the Premier League era. No one 20 years ago would have foreseen Liverpool going so long without a title, just as no one could possibly have envisaged Chelsea and City getting the sort of financial help to transform themselves into major players on the European stage.

But at least Everton are still going. They are still producing players good enough to sell, which is just as well given their bank balance, and they have resisted the temptation to chase the dream, as Peter Ridsdale so memorably put it, by spending beyond their means.

Other aspects of recent football history which would have been viewed with amazement 20 years ago include the rise and spectacular fall of Leeds United, and the perplexing series of takeovers and shadowy ownership deals that have brought Portsmouth to the edge of extinction. Pompey, like Everton, are a grand old club to play for and to support, and ought to be regarded as part of the furniture of English football. Seen better days, perhaps, and both stadiums belong in a museum, but what an atmosphere on matchdays. What a solid groundswell of local support.

It would appear from the latest bulletins that local support is just about all Pompey have left, and unless the fans' co-operative that is trying to buy back the club can find sufficient funds to prove itself viable, the club could disappear.

Not shortly to come back in a slightly altered guise, like Rangers, but disappear without trace. The only identifiable financial asset the club is trying to cling to is the parachute payment from relegation from the Premier League in 2010. Maybe clubs have always gone out of business, even in football's boom years financial survival has often been tricky, but Pompey were in the top league as recently as two years ago and won the FA Cup in 2008.

Yes, that may have played a large part in their downfall, and doubtless many mistakes and miscalculations were made, but in terms of what might have been envisaged when the Premier League came into being 20 years ago, going bust four years after running around Wembley with the FA Cup would not even have cropped up in anyone's wildest dreams.

Just like Everton having to put up with a Manchester City manager telling them they don't play to win.

Number of posts : 26821
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 16 Aug 2012, 3:56 am

That was a good read I thought. Reflects a bit on the history of the Premier League to put it all in perspective.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65769

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Thu 16 Aug 2012, 7:35 am

Good read. Synopsis:

Mancini is a cunt.
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Thu 16 Aug 2012, 7:52 am

Bryan wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
"It will be the first time he is at a club that plays to win - it will be different for him." - Roberto Mancini talking about Jack Rodwell.

Should we just take the usual 6 points off you again this season Robbie?

It's true though?

No.
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20987
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 11:30 pm

Anonymous today, from what I saw on MOTD2, except for his howler to give away Saints' second goal. I dunno, he's a nice lad and looked a decent prospect when he first emerged, but I honestly don't see him having a future in football, never mind at Man City. He's got no aggression about him and very little confidence, in a game which now seems to be exclusively for egotistical pyschopaths. He's clearly bright, and I can see him retiring young due to his injury problems and finding a new career. At least he'll walk (or hobble) away with a few million in his pocket.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23546

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyercarMister? on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 11:35 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Anonymous today, from what I saw on MOTD2, except for his howler to give away Saints' second goal. I dunno, he's a nice lad and looked a decent prospect when he first emerged, but I honestly don't see him having a future in football, never mind at Man City. He's got no aggression about him and very little confidence, in a game which now seems to be exclusively for egotistical pyschopaths. He's clearly bright, and I can see him retiring young due to his injury problems and finding a new career. At least he'll walk (or hobble) away with a few million in his pocket.

thought he was doing okay until that howler, but I recall him doing the same for us at least once. Mind you I could play midfield next to Toure.....
mindyercarMister?

Number of posts : 17058
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD's Powder of Sympathy on Mon 20 Aug 2012, 12:23 am

hairy cataract wrote:Anonymous today, from what I saw on MOTD2, except for his howler to give away Saints' second goal. I dunno, he's a nice lad and looked a decent prospect when he first emerged, but I honestly don't see him having a future in football, never mind at Man City. He's got no aggression about him and very little confidence, in a game which now seems to be exclusively for egotistical pyschopaths. He's clearly bright, and I can see him retiring young due to his injury problems and finding a new career. At least he'll walk (or hobble) away with a few million in his pocket.

So Citteh get their money back. There's no justice is there?

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
TD's Powder of Sympathy

Number of posts : 19948

View user profile http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 20 Aug 2012, 8:57 am

mindyerho? wrote:

thought he was doing okay until that howler, but I recall him doing the same for us at least once. Mind you I could play midfield next to Toure.....

Okay is the best he ever does though isn't it? The sideways passing, and always giving it back to the player who just passed to him seems to be symptomatic of his lack of confidence. I don't think he has enough self-belief, or footballing nous, to play at this level.
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Mon 20 Aug 2012, 10:39 am

hairy cataract wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:

Okay is the best he ever does though isn't it? The sideways passing, and always giving it back to the player who just passed to him seems to be symptomatic of his lack of confidence. I don't think he has enough self-belief, or footballing nous, to play at this level.

Aye, it is a mental/confidence issue. He's not quite got the natural aggression or focus to make the best of his physique/talent although there were signs last year that a prolonged spell in the side was starting to see him play a lot better, especially defensively (he was superb against Silva when we loast at Citeh). If he were as good as Joey Barton believes himself to be, he'd be a cracking player.
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Mon 20 Aug 2012, 12:55 pm

Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:

Aye, it is a mental/confidence issue. He's not quite got the natural aggression or focus to make the best of his physique/talent although there were signs last year that a prolonged spell in the side was starting to see him play a lot better, especially defensively (he was superb against Silva when we loast at Citeh). If he were as good as Joey Barton believes himself to be, he'd be a cracking player.

I reckon he will be fine - he looked nervous yesterday but that was probably because he didn't know anyone, when he settles down and is training with them every day, he will soon fit in and become the player we know he can be.

He was drifting in and out the game yesterday - wasn't picking people up quick enough, not closing down once they had passed the ball. This is just basic stuff and he will just get used to doing it and will fit in fine with his new team.

I wish him good luck as he is a great lad.
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25452

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 27 Nov 2012, 11:38 am

Midfielder Jack Rodwell (hamstring) is making progress but not ready to feature

Familiar story eh? Just glad it's Manchester City's team news now rather than ours.
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Fri 18 Jan 2013, 7:32 am

Manchester City midfielder Jack Rodwell, 21, has taken up yoga and changed his pillow in a bid to help combat the injuries that have blighted his time at the Premier League champions.
Super

Number of posts : 35976
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 04 Mar 2013, 8:24 pm

Rodwell's done his hamstring again, against Villa tonight. The lad looks absolutely gutted, and you can't blame him. He was playing well too.

hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 04 Feb 2014, 9:13 am

Rumours doing the rounds today that we tried to get him back on loan last Friday.

But already got 2 domestic loan players, unless we were also trying to toe up a permanent deal for Barry to free up a space?
Super

Number of posts : 35976
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Tue 04 Feb 2014, 9:15 am

Things I have read this morning say we would have bought Barry and taken Rodwell on loan. I hope the lad comes back to us, he'll be glad to be back home Smile
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4853

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top