Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Bryan on Mon 16 Nov 2009, 11:59 am


nope. shit we're losing brilliant players though, but we all know the solution to that!

Bryan

Number of posts : 14335
Age : 39
Location : Kirkby,Liverpool.
Registration date : 2006-01-30

View user profile http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Albert on Mon 16 Nov 2009, 1:15 pm

Bryan wrote:

nope. shit we're losing brilliant players though, but we all know the solution to that!

kirkby isnt it?
avatar
Albert

Number of posts : 15641
Age : 34
Location : Monaco
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 16 Nov 2009, 6:31 pm

I would love to see him stay at Everton and become an Everton legend but arent sure that is the way it goes now. I think that Rooney could have changed it all but he chased the money as well.
avatar
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20991
Age : 39
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 16 Nov 2009, 6:50 pm

We're all Selling Clubs in our own way - the Shite had to sell Alonso, ManUre had to sell Ronaldo, Chelsea had to let Sidwell go.... all the greats move on in the end.

£20m and 30% of any future transfer fee and he can warm the ManUre/Citteh/Chav bench for as long as he likes
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23647
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 16 Nov 2009, 7:00 pm

That was an ernest article. I liked it. It really pinpoints the situation Rodwell is in very well.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66072
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Statman on Mon 16 Nov 2009, 10:19 pm

Bluejaguar wrote:It the pattern continues, Rodwells sale will fund next summers transfers in..

That might well fund 2/3 Moyes bargains but every other fucker will be injured so we will have a terrible start anyway.
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 7039
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Statman on Mon 16 Nov 2009, 10:23 pm

Pot calling kettle?

From the article above...........

Arsène Wenger, who has brought on a few youngsters in his time, made the point recently that the reputations of young players grow too quickly – way beyond their actual achievements. "When I was playing a guy had to play well for five years at an average club and then eventually someone would say, 'He's not a bad player'." Wenger said. "At 26 or 27, he went to a big club. Now, one big game at 18, you do something special and..."

Theo Walcott anyone?
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 7039
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Da Judge on Mon 16 Nov 2009, 11:02 pm

Statman wrote:Pot calling kettle?

From the article above...........

Arsène Wenger, who has brought on a few youngsters in his time, made the point recently that the reputations of young players grow too quickly – way beyond their actual achievements. "When I was playing a guy had to play well for five years at an average club and then eventually someone would say, 'He's not a bad player'." Wenger said. "At 26 or 27, he went to a big club. Now, one big game at 18, you do something special and..."

Theo Walcott anyone?

To be fair ol'Sacha Distel.... he was fairly critical of the decision by Eriksson to selct Walcott. Walcott's parentage meant that he was eligible for Germany. FA selceted him asap to ensre he was "pigeon-holed". In some respects that is why Manure , Citteh and Chelski will do wahtever they can so thay the others cannot have them. If there is one single dimensio off the BIG 5 its the fact that they can hoard the talent not becasue they need the player, but so that no-one can use them. Its just a shame that everyone has let the Shoite build their squad regardless.... ooo me and irony - who would have thought?
avatar
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8521
Age : 56
Location : Hungary/Switzerland/Czech Republic/Ireland/US & UK
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Statman on Mon 16 Nov 2009, 11:21 pm

UWIST61 wrote:
Statman wrote:Pot calling kettle?

From the article above...........

Arsène Wenger, who has brought on a few youngsters in his time, made the point recently that the reputations of young players grow too quickly – way beyond their actual achievements. "When I was playing a guy had to play well for five years at an average club and then eventually someone would say, 'He's not a bad player'." Wenger said. "At 26 or 27, he went to a big club. Now, one big game at 18, you do something special and..."

Theo Walcott anyone?

To be fair ol'Sacha Distel.... he was fairly critical of the decision by Eriksson to selct Walcott. Walcott's parentage meant that he was eligible for Germany. FA selceted him asap to ensre he was "pigeon-holed". In some respects that is why Manure , Citteh and Chelski will do wahtever they can so thay the others cannot have them. If there is one single dimensio off the BIG 5 its the fact that they can hoard the talent not becasue they need the player, but so that no-one can use them. Its just a shame that everyone has let the Shoite build their squad regardless.... ooo me and irony - who would have thought?

But was that after Wenger had bought him despite having not played "well for five years at an average club".
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 7039
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Da Judge on Mon 16 Nov 2009, 11:40 pm

Statman wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
Statman wrote:Pot calling kettle?

From the article above...........

Arsène Wenger, who has brought on a few youngsters in his time, made the point recently that the reputations of young players grow too quickly – way beyond their actual achievements. "When I was playing a guy had to play well for five years at an average club and then eventually someone would say, 'He's not a bad player'." Wenger said. "At 26 or 27, he went to a big club. Now, one big game at 18, you do something special and..."

Theo Walcott anyone?

To be fair ol'Sacha Distel.... he was fairly critical of the decision by Eriksson to selct Walcott. Walcott's parentage meant that he was eligible for Germany. FA selceted him asap to ensre he was "pigeon-holed". In some respects that is why Manure , Citteh and Chelski will do wahtever they can so thay the others cannot have them. If there is one single dimensio off the BIG 5 its the fact that they can hoard the talent not becasue they need the player, but so that no-one can use them. Its just a shame that everyone has let the Shoite build their squad regardless.... ooo me and irony - who would have thought?

But was that after Wenger had bought him despite having not played "well for five years at an average club".

Stato - I bow to the superior memeory and your ability to look beyond the Big 4 propaganda... of course Walcott was plucked from Southampton.... after a few games... however as a 16 year old ... Wenger delayed him making his first team debut (what is more he made it clear to both Theo and his family that in coming to Arsenal he was only to be considered a junior) and then sparingly as a sub for quite some time. Was he selected for the WC before he played a full match for Arsenal? My thinking is that he was... which is why I made the initial observation.
avatar
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8521
Age : 56
Location : Hungary/Switzerland/Czech Republic/Ireland/US & UK
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Statman on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 12:15 am

UWIST61 wrote:
Statman wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
Statman wrote:Pot calling kettle?

From the article above...........

Arsène Wenger, who has brought on a few youngsters in his time, made the point recently that the reputations of young players grow too quickly – way beyond their actual achievements. "When I was playing a guy had to play well for five years at an average club and then eventually someone would say, 'He's not a bad player'." Wenger said. "At 26 or 27, he went to a big club. Now, one big game at 18, you do something special and..."

Theo Walcott anyone?

To be fair ol'Sacha Distel.... he was fairly critical of the decision by Eriksson to selct Walcott. Walcott's parentage meant that he was eligible for Germany. FA selceted him asap to ensre he was "pigeon-holed". In some respects that is why Manure , Citteh and Chelski will do wahtever they can so thay the others cannot have them. If there is one single dimensio off the BIG 5 its the fact that they can hoard the talent not becasue they need the player, but so that no-one can use them. Its just a shame that everyone has let the Shoite build their squad regardless.... ooo me and irony - who would have thought?

But was that after Wenger had bought him despite having not played "well for five years at an average club".

Stato - I bow to the superior memeory and your ability to look beyond the Big 4 propaganda... of course Walcott was plucked from Southampton.... after a few games... however as a 16 year old ... Wenger delayed him making his first team debut (what is more he made it clear to both Theo and his family that in coming to Arsenal he was only to be considered a junior) and then sparingly as a sub for quite some time. Was he selected for the WC before he played a full match for Arsenal? My thinking is that he was... which is why I made the initial observation.

In a round about way I'm sure that we are agreeing. It's just such a pity that players can't be allowed to develop at clubs where they can get regular football.
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 7039
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Dixie Land on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 2:13 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Gazbow and the Dove wrote:

I would snap up 20 million right away.

I know it sounds daft but I'd be gutted if he left even for £30 million.

At 18 he looks every inch a premier league player and will very likely go on to be a full international and a truly world class player. He's boss and we should not be letting him leave for any price. Thankfully he seems to be quite level headed and hopefully knows he's at the right club. he's not going to get a game every werek at united of chelsea, is he?

I think he's a future england captain and I'd prefer to keep him and build a team with him in it than let him rot in Chelsea reserves.



Well said mate.

I think that we all have huge hopes for him and what is the point in seeing him get spliters in his arse for the next 10 years when he could really make it. I dont think that (at the moment) he is as highly regarded as Rooney was at his age which could be a benefit to us. As you say, Everton could have discovered the next England captain and we should keep hold of him.
avatar
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20991
Age : 39
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 2:46 am

we'll need him when the Chinese zillionaire buys us
avatar
mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17163
Age : 951
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 1:21 pm

If we'd have been offered 20 million for Vaughan a few years back (before he turned to cracker-bread) many would have porbably said no to that then.... but look what has happened to him now !... we be lucky to get 20p

I do hope Rodders stays but being realistic & as was proven with leScott if the right price is tabled he'll go... all this stuff now is aimed at unsettling him, just like Sparky did with joleon...

He'll probably give into the $$$$ signs at some point & also consider the trophies that he can win at Chav or Manure versus what he can win at Everton... and unfortunately request a transfer.

On the positive side... we bought Heitinga, Distin & Bily with Jolees money.... so if we are shrewd we should get at least 3 more quality players for what we finally get for Rodders.
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33362
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Cahill the Great on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 1:22 pm

Gazbow and the Dove wrote:

I would snap up 20 million right away.


I wouldnt. Firstly I dont think Rodwell is as good as everyone makes out (at the momment) but equally I feel he could develop into more of a Gerrard type over time. We would all feel sick if at 24/25 he was the England Captain Marvel! On the other hand, he could end up a Tony Grant - who knows.

Also we got £24m for Lescott - blew it all on 3 players and currently lie 3 points above the relegation zone! £20m doesnt get you an awful lot these days.
avatar
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Age : 39
Location : London
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Super on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 1:23 pm

Sell him, he will never make it!!! Bring back Lukas Jutkiewicz, at least he is scoring goals. 4 in 9 games in the mighty scottish prem.
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 36087
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 4:13 pm

Super wrote:Sell him, he will never make it!!! Bring back Lukas Jutkiewicz, at least he is scoring goals. 4 in 9 games in the mighty scottish prem.
Is he learning to stay on his feet now then? He used to fall over just running around.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66072
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Super on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 4:19 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Super wrote:Sell him, he will never make it!!! Bring back Lukas Jutkiewicz, at least he is scoring goals. 4 in 9 games in the mighty scottish prem.
Is he learning to stay on his feet now then? He used to fall over just running around.

Was just joking with my comment mate, a lot of negative talk on here recently.
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 36087
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Riggy on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 4:37 pm

They are discussing this on Talksport now
avatar
Riggy

Number of posts : 7051
Age : 41
Location : Grimsby
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Rodwell & Scholes

Post  VenezuelaBlue on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 6:54 pm

During the half-time interval at the AEK match I was chatting to someone who said that, before the transfer window had closed, Moyesy had rung Taggart to ask about Paul Scholes. Apparently, the answer was - you can have him if you give us Rodwell.

The question is, now that there appears to be a bidding war starting for JR, and United may be pushed to put in a bid before they really want to ( as happened with Bobby Robson´s Barcodes and Rooney) do we say "Ok, 25-30m plus Scholes" or wait for the Chavs to put in a possibly larger cash offer?

I like Scholes and he probably has two years left in the tank. He links play up as well as anyone and has a range of passing skills. Having said that, he tackles like a JCB and would really fook up our disciplinary record. A bit of competition there for Fellatio
avatar
VenezuelaBlue

Number of posts : 2082
Age : 58
Location : Caracas
Registration date : 2006-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Bluey on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 6:57 pm

It is really sad that we consider it in the first place, they get the best years and we get the end of line crackers?

No and double no. He will be with us for a couple of more years and we all know he's gone to manU or the highest bidder. Probably Manu as it's on the doorstep.
avatar
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Age : 52
Location : Shropshire
Registration date : 2005-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Cahill the Great on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 6:58 pm

VenezuelaBlue wrote:During the half-time interval at the AEK match I was chatting to someone who said that, before the transfer window had closed, Moyesy had rung Taggart to ask about Paul Scholes. Apparently, the answer was - you can have him if you give us Rodwell.

The question is, now that there appears to be a bidding war starting for JR, and United may be pushed to put in a bid before they really want to ( as happened with Bobby Robson´s Barcodes and Rooney) do we say "Ok, 25-30m plus Scholes" or wait for the Chavs to put in a possibly larger cash offer?

I like Scholes and he probably has two years left in the tank. He links play up as well as anyone and has a range of passing skills. Having said that, he tackles like a JCB and would really fook up our disciplinary record. A bit of competition there for Fellatio


You've got to ask yourself why Taggart would be ready to let him go. I dont think Scholes is capable of regular 1st team football anymore and is 34/35.
avatar
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Age : 39
Location : London
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  VenezuelaBlue on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 7:03 pm

Bluey wrote:It is really sad that we consider it in the first place, they get the best years and we get the end of line crackers?

No and double no. He will be with us for a couple of more years and we all know he's gone to manU or the highest bidder. Probably Manu as it's on the doorstep.

I know mate. Believe me, I´d rather it didn´t happen - Rodwell was MoM in that match - very composed. he seems older than his years. If he´s that mature he might stay at least for a couple of years more and get regular first team experience
avatar
VenezuelaBlue

Number of posts : 2082
Age : 58
Location : Caracas
Registration date : 2006-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum