3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Super on Thu 04 Mar 2010, 11:35 am

From The Telegraph....

Crouch will take the headlines but, as Capello reviews the DVD of this encounter, there will also be an assurance, a pleasure in the performance of Wednesday night’s new boy: Leighton Baines. A self-confessed worrier, a nail-biter, who wondered whether he was good enough for the Championship, then the Premier League, then international football then Baines’s first touch in his first appearance for his country needed to be a sure one. It was. His England team-mates were certainly aware this was the 25 year-old’s debut and the ball was sent straight to him from kick-off, so he could neatly cut it inside to Matthew Upson.

But this wasn’t just a debut for Baines. It was a clear, one-off audition for a place in Capello’s squad. As simple as that. Fluff your lines on your first appearance and, this close to the World Cup Finals, there would not be a second chance.

With Ashley Cole’s broken ankle — and off-field problems which also should not be discounted from his rehabilitation (there are those close to him who have been suggesting that the Chelsea defender may jack in international football) — and with Wayne Bridge’s self-imposed exile following the John Terry/ Vanessa Perroncel imbroglio then this was a unique situation. A test of character.

Capello had made clear there was a pecking order for the left-back spot, a position he regards as a specialism which means he has dismissed suggestions to play James Milner or Gareth Barry, who was excellent last night in the centre of midfield, there. First Cole, then Bridge - and then Baines and Stephen Warnock at level-pegging as back-up. Fight it out. Now both may go.

Baines is more in the mould of Cole but last night wasn’t about attacking — although he played a significant role in England’s second goal — and more about discipline. This was a tough assignment. He had Steven Gerrard in front of him but the captain — for the night — was roaming even more than usual, pushing that licence Capello has given him to switch across the pitch and link as much as possible with the indefatigable Wayne Rooney.

With England chasing the game, Gerrard was pushing more and more into the middle which meant Baines, often occupied by covering both midfielder and full-back, had to be aware. Neat in possession, his approach was simple.

But, as he found when playing in the Championship, and then the Premier League, he wasn’t out of played. It was an assured debut. One in which he resisted the temptation to attack too much, to catch the eye but exposing the defence. He played for the team. And Capello will appreciate that all the more.
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35919
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Tonteau on Thu 04 Mar 2010, 11:37 am

Colemans Mustard wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:Warnock's a bag of wank

And according to Samuels, so was Baines. But I guess you see what you want to believe, eh...

With Steven Gerrard starting wide but enjoying a free role once play opens out, there is often an acre of space in front of England’s left back. Baines failed to make use of it.
More often than not, he refused to advance over half way, much like a cow confronted with a metal grid. When he did venture forward, his passes were higher on nerves than direction. It highlighted what England miss in Cole, and, Terry’s critics will say, what is lost with Bridge’s absence, too.
Bridge’s worth, however, grows more in the memory than reality. The night that England were torn apart by Croatia here under Steve McClaren in 2007, he had a woeful game, and before becoming the injured party in a bizarre love triangle, few saw him as an adequate replacement for Cole.
He would have been better than Baines, true, because he would have had the assurance to emulate the forward thrust required from England’s left back, but a fit Cole is what matters most in South Africa.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1255298/MARTIN-SAMUEL-John-Terry-wins-England-fans-does-better.html#ixzz0hCqxVpwL

Aye, you can skew it any way you like. But if baines had gone forward he would not have recieved a pass from Gerrard and would have left acres of space in behind once that hopeless turd had passed the ball right into the opposition defence. Then he would have been seen as badly lacking defensively. Which is the first accusation people who don't watch him a lot try and level at him.
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15247
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Super on Thu 04 Mar 2010, 11:38 am

Even Yak has commented on Baines....

http://www.everton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=190439
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35919
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Albert on Thu 04 Mar 2010, 11:42 am

that's aload of bullshit from samuel.

baines got forward plenty but the ball was getting passed to the right hand side from the middle rather than the left, i counted about 5 runs he made into space but the ball didnt go back out into that direction.

when milner came on there was more possession down the left and the two linked well.

and it was his debut - are you not allowed a couple of games to settle in to a new team and system?

the press with regards england are a joke - and so are the tools who booed them off at half time for being 1 down, despite having better chances against a team who'd just won the african nations. one of the many reasons im not that arsed about supporting england.
avatar
Albert

Number of posts : 15621
Age : 34
Location : Monaco
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  KoelJagz on Thu 04 Mar 2010, 11:48 am

treblA wrote:that's aload of bullshit from samuel.

baines got forward plenty but the ball was getting passed to the right hand side from the middle rather than the left, i counted about 5 runs he made into space but the ball didnt go back out into that direction.

when milner came on there was more possession down the left and the two linked well.

and it was his debut - are you not allowed a couple of games to settle in to a new team and system?

the press with regards england are a joke - and so are the tools who booed them off at half time for being 1 down, despite having better chances against a team who'd just won the african nations. one of the many reasons im not that arsed about supporting england.

Spot on Albert. I dont know how many times in the first half Baines was free out left in the final 3rd but Gerrard moved the ball into the crowded middle or even worse out to Brown and out of sorts Walcott. I sure Ashley Cole's debut was 'stunning'!

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
KoelJagz

Number of posts : 26805
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Thu 04 Mar 2010, 11:50 am

McNulty on the beeb website criticised baines for playing within himself. Some good replies though.

As for Leighton Baines - see my earlier comment about Gerrard on the left - he cant go forward as he does for Everton, coz Gerrard gives him absolutely no cover defensively on the left. Bit unfair to criticise that part of his game last night. I think he did well.

I thought Leighton Baines' perceived lack of attacking last night was the fault of Steven Gerrard. Many times he had clear opportunites to pass wide to Baines who was running up the flank, but instead opted to move in to the centre, fruitlessly. It's not coincidence that Baines began to move forward more after James Milner came on. Almost every time Milner moved forward he would check behind to see where Baines was.

N.B. on Baines - whereas Brown was supporting a genuine right winger, Baines had no-one in front of him first half. At no point did Gerrard move out left as support. When Milner came on he offered an alternative option on the left. Milner looks fantastic right now and Gerrard started showing flashes of his old self.

Just a point on Baines - he's a very decent defender but his qualities lie when he's allowed to bomb forward and overlap/interact with the left midfielder.

England didn't have a left midfielder last night. They had Gerrard nominally playing there, but let's face it, he wants to play in the centre and when he got the ball that's where he was. In possession he was only looking to spray 40 yard Hollywood passes to the other flank rather than give and go to the left. Baines was consistently making himself available on the flank, but Gerrard just wasn't interested.

Ironic that on the other flank you had the opposite problem in Brown and Walcott. Walcott crying out for someone to interact with, Brown reluctant to cross the half way line.
avatar
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Age : 33
Location : EP/Chester
Registration date : 2005-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Super on Thu 04 Mar 2010, 1:57 pm

At least he hasn't got a pretty popstar girlfriend - or even a relatively attractive ex-partner.
Oh, and he can play a bit, too. The criteria for election to England's left-back spot is becoming an issue of beauty over beast. That is the case as far as the WAGs are concerned anyway.
And if you are a left-back then it seems that Fabio Capello will now check on your missus before you're picked. Leighton Baines has never traded on his personal life. In fact, his full debut for England last night was earned by that old-fashioned method - outstanding form. In a game where it was planned he would play 45 minutes before handing over to Stephen Warnock, he was so good he stayed on the pitch. For Capello, the Everton starlet's performance was as much a relief as a vindication of his choice. Calm - well, he was after a shaky first touch - Baines was so good he finished the match at Wembley without a blemish. In fairness, any trouble which Egypt caused England tended to be far from his patch but the scrutiny was intense nonetheless. His only mistake came early on when he was forced to deal with a ball into his channel. Instead of mopping up, he scuffed at the loose ball with his knee and conceded a corner, which also revealed his nerves. There were a few anxious sighs around Wembley. After all, this was a crowd which had come to jump on any weakness from a defender. Baines, however, showed experience beyond his 25 years to cope with the occasion as well as the expectation. Not as showy as Ashley Cole going forward but he was effective at the back which will please an Italian coach like Capello. Cole, watching from his rehabilitation clinic in France, would not have felt any more pain than he is already in. He remains - broken ankle and marriage besides - the most complete left-back in England. In fact, the only reason to consider replacing the Chelsea man for this summer's World Cup finals would be his fitness. Still, with the John Terry/Wayne Bridge situation unresolved on a personal level, the gap to be reserve left-back is very much open. Baines did himself a world of good to be that man, judging by last night's performance. His form at Everton justified his selection and he did not let himself or his club down. When he was last man at the back post, he coolly headed away under pressure from Emad Ebdelmaby. Other than that, he patrolled his area with real confidence. When half-time came and went without a change in favour of Warnock, Baines knew he had won over Capello and you could see it in his play. Similarly, as the Three Lions coach made his allotted six subs, No 3 never came up on the board. For the moment at least, Baines' debut has also seen him elevated to the automatic pick. Cole, of course, is still expected to recover from his injury and his personal trauma to take his place in the team in South Africa. But that should not overshadow the emergence of a new talent in the position and one which could be very valuable in the future. On this display and this form, there's no reason to believe that the young Toffee does not have a big future with England. Just don't go getting yourself a popstar girlfriend, son.
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35919
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Thu 04 Mar 2010, 2:03 pm

Super wrote:At least he hasn't got a pretty popstar girlfriend - or even a relatively attractive ex-partner.
Oh, and he can play a bit, too. The criteria for election to England's left-back spot is becoming an issue of beauty over beast. That is the case as far as the WAGs are concerned anyway.
And if you are a left-back then it seems that Fabio Capello will now check on your missus before you're picked. Leighton Baines has never traded on his personal life. In fact, his full debut for England last night was earned by that old-fashioned method - outstanding form. In a game where it was planned he would play 45 minutes before handing over to Stephen Warnock, he was so good he stayed on the pitch. For Capello, the Everton starlet's performance was as much a relief as a vindication of his choice. Calm - well, he was after a shaky first touch - Baines was so good he finished the match at Wembley without a blemish. In fairness, any trouble which Egypt caused England tended to be far from his patch but the scrutiny was intense nonetheless. His only mistake came early on when he was forced to deal with a ball into his channel. Instead of mopping up, he scuffed at the loose ball with his knee and conceded a corner, which also revealed his nerves. There were a few anxious sighs around Wembley. After all, this was a crowd which had come to jump on any weakness from a defender. Baines, however, showed experience beyond his 25 years to cope with the occasion as well as the expectation. Not as showy as Ashley Cole going forward but he was effective at the back which will please an Italian coach like Capello. Cole, watching from his rehabilitation clinic in France, would not have felt any more pain than he is already in. He remains - broken ankle and marriage besides - the most complete left-back in England. In fact, the only reason to consider replacing the Chelsea man for this summer's World Cup finals would be his fitness. Still, with the John Terry/Wayne Bridge situation unresolved on a personal level, the gap to be reserve left-back is very much open. Baines did himself a world of good to be that man, judging by last night's performance. His form at Everton justified his selection and he did not let himself or his club down. When he was last man at the back post, he coolly headed away under pressure from Emad Ebdelmaby. Other than that, he patrolled his area with real confidence. When half-time came and went without a change in favour of Warnock, Baines knew he had won over Capello and you could see it in his play. Similarly, as the Three Lions coach made his allotted six subs, No 3 never came up on the board. For the moment at least, Baines' debut has also seen him elevated to the automatic pick. Cole, of course, is still expected to recover from his injury and his personal trauma to take his place in the team in South Africa. But that should not overshadow the emergence of a new talent in the position and one which could be very valuable in the future. On this display and this form, there's no reason to believe that the young Toffee does not have a big future with England. Just don't go getting yourself a popstar girlfriend, son.

If Cheryl Cole made herself available, I don't think he would say no. silent
avatar
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3883
Age : 161
Location : Aldershot
Registration date : 2008-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 04 Mar 2010, 2:39 pm

It's an old article, but shows the difference between Cashley and Leighton. Very down to earth family man. Funny reading about Moyes saying he'd be a cert for the World Cup Squad so long ago.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/everton-fc/2009/05/09/leighton-baines-i-m-a-mummy-s-boy-55578-23581302/
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23483
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Thu 04 Mar 2010, 3:21 pm

hairy cataract wrote:It's an old article, but shows the difference between Cashley and Leighton. Very down to earth family man. Funny reading about Moyes saying he'd be a cert for the World Cup Squad so long ago.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/everton-fc/2009/05/09/leighton-baines-i-m-a-mummy-s-boy-55578-23581302/

A god fearing left-footer in the religeous sense. Smile
avatar
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3883
Age : 161
Location : Aldershot
Registration date : 2008-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Five Year Deal

Post  Tonteau on Tue 06 Apr 2010, 12:19 pm

"Leighton Baines has more assists than any other Premier League defender this season." - optajoe.

He's got 8 assists. Three more then any other defender.
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15247
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  KoelJagz on Tue 06 Apr 2010, 12:50 pm

"Phil Neville has more woeful crosses then any other Premier League defender this season"

He's got 73 woeful crosses. 65 more then any other defender.

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
KoelJagz

Number of posts : 26805
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  TD's Powder of Sympathy on Tue 06 Apr 2010, 1:01 pm

Tony Hibbert has had less attempts on goal than any other outfield player (career stats 3 shots - probably!)

_________________
Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
avatar
TD's Powder of Sympathy

Number of posts : 19940
Age : 56
Location : Wirral
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Tue 06 Apr 2010, 3:40 pm

Bluejags wrote:"Phil Neville has more woeful crosses then any other Premier League defender this season"

He's got 73 woeful crosses. 65 more then any other defender.


Coleman would have had a field day on Sunday when you think of the space Neville was given.
avatar
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Age : 33
Location : EP/Chester
Registration date : 2005-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Mr_Ben on Wed 07 Apr 2010, 9:44 am

I think Baines has been fantastic this season.

he deserves more credit than he gets in the media
avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18309
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Wed 07 Apr 2010, 10:14 am

Mr_Ben wrote:I think Baines has been fantastic this season.

he deserves more credit than he gets in the media

The medias pre-occupation with Wayne Bridge in the wake of the Cole injury smacked of lazy journalism, as anybody who had been watching football would have known that Baines was the next best left back for England. Capello had obviously been keeping up to date with player form by his positive choice of Baines above anybody else, in spite of the media hysteria over Bridge. Well done Capello!
avatar
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3883
Age : 161
Location : Aldershot
Registration date : 2008-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Wed 07 Apr 2010, 11:25 am

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:I think Baines has been fantastic this season.

he deserves more credit than he gets in the media

The medias pre-occupation with Wayne Bridge in the wake of the Cole injury smacked of lazy journalism, as anybody who had been watching football would have known that Baines was the next best left back for England. Capello had obviously been keeping up to date with player form by his positive choice of Baines above anybody else, in spite of the media hysteria over Bridge. Well done Capello!


Bridge has announced he's unavailable to England though, so whatever the media have to say about him is academic - Capello cannot pick Wayne Bridge to play for England right now, and nor could he at the last match.

That said, Baines is a more than adequate replacement than Cole as long as he gets proper cover. Going forward is his particular strength, but he needs a decent understanding with the player in front of him or else it's a waste.

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
avatar
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13044
Age : 39
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 17 Apr 2010, 5:26 pm

Ashley Cole on the bench for Chelsea today so there is a good chance that he will be going to the World Cup. Cant see any reason why Baines cant go as back up though. He is much better than that dirty, clogger Warnock IMO.
avatar
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20983
Age : 38
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Sat 17 Apr 2010, 5:53 pm

Keep him at home, fresh for next season.
avatar
Michael Crosby S74

Number of posts : 27998
Age : 36
Location : Preston
Registration date : 2005-10-13

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 17 Apr 2010, 5:54 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Keep him at home, fresh for next season.

I think it would do him good to go to the World Cup as back up to Cole. His confidence would have a huge boost and I doubt he would play many minutes if Cole was fully fit.
avatar
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20983
Age : 38
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Sat 17 Apr 2010, 6:12 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Keep him at home, fresh for next season.

I think it would do him good to go to the World Cup as back up to Cole. His confidence would have a huge boost and I doubt he would play many minutes if Cole was fully fit.

You're bothered about England though. Very Happy
avatar
Michael Crosby S74

Number of posts : 27998
Age : 36
Location : Preston
Registration date : 2005-10-13

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 17 Apr 2010, 6:20 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Keep him at home, fresh for next season.

I think it would do him good to go to the World Cup as back up to Cole. His confidence would have a huge boost and I doubt he would play many minutes if Cole was fully fit.

You're bothered about England though. Very Happy

I am but I dont think Baines would increase or decrease England's chances of winning. There is no way that he would get in the team ahead of Cole. I just think it would be good for Everton.
avatar
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20983
Age : 38
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  notepad on Sun 18 Apr 2010, 2:29 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Keep him at home, fresh for next season.

I think it would do him good to go to the World Cup as back up to Cole. His confidence would have a huge boost and I doubt he would play many minutes if Cole was fully fit.

You're bothered about England though. Very Happy

I am but I dont think Baines would increase or decrease England's chances of winning. There is no way that he would get in the team ahead of Cole. I just think it would be good for Everton.

Didn't England win the World Cup with an Everton Left Back in the team?
avatar
notepad

Number of posts : 5166
Age : 34
Location : Lost somewhere between destiny and obscurity!
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  mindyerKoelMister? on Sun 18 Apr 2010, 3:27 pm

notepad wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Keep him at home, fresh for next season.

I think it would do him good to go to the World Cup as back up to Cole. His confidence would have a huge boost and I doubt he would play many minutes if Cole was fully fit.

You're bothered about England though. Very Happy

I am but I dont think Baines would increase or decrease England's chances of winning. There is no way that he would get in the team ahead of Cole. I just think it would be good for Everton.

Didn't England win the World Cup with an Everton Left Back in the team?

well spotted young man.
avatar
mindyerKoelMister?

Number of posts : 17038
Age : 951
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Mr_Ben on Sun 18 Apr 2010, 3:40 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Keep him at home, fresh for next season.

I think it would do him good to go to the World Cup as back up to Cole. His confidence would have a huge boost and I doubt he would play many minutes if Cole was fully fit.

You're bothered about England though. Very Happy

I am but I dont think Baines would increase or decrease England's chances of winning. There is no way that he would get in the team ahead of Cole. I just think it would be good for Everton.

I agree 100% with Dixie, i also think that if England make it through after 2 games, Baines would play in the 3rd game or at least feature.

He can also tap up a few players
avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18309
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum