28: Victor Anichebe - Nigerian Scouser (permanently injured)

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 28: Victor Anichebe - Nigerian Scouser (permanently injured)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 7:29 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
SouthernSmugToffee wrote:I though big Vic was awesome. If he keeps getting starts, I can see him competing for the top scorer spot.
He has matured into a very good target man. cheers

The ESPN commentators said something interesting during the Swansea game. Apparently they were in the same hotel as some of the Everton coaches and got a-talking. The EFC guys were saying that Vic lacks a lot of confidence and doesn't think he is good enough to play at PL level. So it sounds like he needs an arm around the shoulder every now and again king

He's winning me over and I think he can do a job for us. His ball control isn't great but his finishing is ok and he is as strong as an ox. The Swansea defence took a battering on Saturday.
Moyes said something similar to that in the post-match interview, that Vic has been lacking in self confidence and that's why he's been so-so (read bad).
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 16 Oct 2012, 11:19 pm

I still think of him as being in our junior ranks, and yet he's now 24 !
I don't know how DM will get nay more out of him, if he hasn't 'got it' yet.
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5779
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  My other LB is a Ferrari on Wed 17 Oct 2012, 6:23 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:I still think of him as being in our junior ranks, and yet he's now 24 !

A Nigerian 24 at that !!
My other LB is a Ferrari

Number of posts : 1307
Registration date : 2006-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Wed 17 Oct 2012, 8:58 am

My other LB is a Ferrari wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:I still think of him as being in our junior ranks, and yet he's now 24 !

A Nigerian 24 at that !!
i think it was bingo night at the Club and that was the number he picked out . lol!
sefton

Number of posts : 9295
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Thu 08 Nov 2012, 11:11 am

It hasn't been the best of weeks for Victor Anichebe.

The Nigerian international had started the season brightly. Notably coming on and scoring against Newcastle and starting and scoring against Swansea with Jelavic out injured.

Big Vic was unlucky to be left out when Jela returned to full fitness, but was back in the team for the 1-1 draw at QPR.

Then he was down as on the bench on the official team sheet at Fulham at the weekend, but then mysteriously missing from the bench.

The next day he was summoned to play for the Everton under 21's, but got carried off with an injury after 20 odd minutes.

Moyesy said: "I just decided not to use him at the last minute. I won't elaborate on it anymore."

Vic's had better weeks. What do you think?
sefton

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 03 Jan 2013, 12:25 pm

I never ever thought I'd have big Vic in my avatar

respect where it's due... long may this version of Victor continue
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33047

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Thu 03 Jan 2013, 1:26 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I never ever thought I'd have big Vic in my avatar

Fair play to him. He has worked hard for the club and has scored a few important goals. He let himself down the other season by having a hissy fit because Moyes turned down a loan bid from Hull. If he can continue like this all will be forgotten though and he could prove to be a decent player.

Then again he could be shite again next match. Very Happy
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20987
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 9:49 pm

Dixie Land wrote:

Fair play to him. He has worked hard for the club and has scored a few important goals. He let himself down the other season by having a hissy fit because Moyes turned down a loan bid from Hull. If he can continue like this all will be forgotten though and he could prove to be a decent player.

thye highlights of our Villa game 4 years ago is on the OS. Vic gets a penalty with a run down the middle, Villa defenders in disarray, and I remember thinking the lad was coming good. To add to that, Rodders scores the first goal, and I thought the same of him.
4 years huh?
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 12:26 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

thye highlights of our Villa game 4 years ago is on the OS. Vic gets a penalty with a run down the middle, Villa defenders in disarray, and I remember thinking the lad was coming good. To add to that, Rodders scores the first goal, and I thought the same of him.
4 years huh?

To be fair, the lad is still only 19!
Statman

Number of posts : 6969
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KoelJagz on Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:17 am

I think the words "Drogba" and "Anichebe" were mentioned in the same sentence last night on MOTD! Must say, his general play has improved vastly but still probably needs 4 good chances to score once. Probably up there as player of the season for us which is something I thought I would never say!

Number of posts : 26813
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:37 am

He was a real handful yesterday. Credit to Moyes for getting our midfielders to play the ball into his feet rather than hoof it in the air where it would have been dealt with easily by Samba.
Armchair

Number of posts : 18373
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 14 Apr 2013, 12:38 pm

In the papers Moyes is saying how well Vic is doing and that he needs his confidence boosting with praise. And then he tells MOTD that if he could buy one player it would be a centre-forward.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23530

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 14 Apr 2013, 1:28 pm

hairy cataract wrote:In the papers Moyes is saying how well Vic is doing and that he needs his confidence boosting with praise. And then he tells MOTD that if he could buy one player it would be a centre-forward.
he should have gone on to say.. that would allow me to play Victor in the false 9 and a quarter position where he is outstanding Very Happy
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 14 Apr 2013, 2:30 pm

hairy cataract wrote:In the papers Moyes is saying how well Vic is doing and that he needs his confidence boosting with praise. And then he tells MOTD that if he could buy one player it would be a centre-forward.
I'm guessing that many of us thought the same.

btw, saw this about Royston
"Drenthe left Real Madrid after his contract expired on 30 June 2012. In December he signed a deal with Alania Vladikavkaz which, eventually, started on 2 February of the following year.
Drenthe made his league debut for his new team on 9 March 2013, against Rostov. After the game, coach Valery Gazzaev called him a "great professional and an example for the youth."
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Thu 02 May 2013, 8:58 am

Victor will be concentrating on his club football for a while. Errr, thanks Vic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22365540

Everton striker Victor Anichebe has put his international career with Nigeria on hold so he can "manage his body accordingly".

Lagos-born Anichebe, 25, has told BBC Sport that for the time being, he does not want to be considered for Nigeria.

He had been tipped for a return to the Nigeria squad for June's World Cup qualifiers and Confederations Cup, replacing the injured Emmanuel Emenike.

"The best thing for me at the moment is to focus on club football," he said.

Anichebe has been plagued by injuries over the past few years, including a groin problem on his last appearance for Nigeria in a 2-0 win over Madagascar in 2011.

He insists he is proud to play for his country, but for the moment his Premier League side Everton are his priority.

"Without club football there is no international football and everyone at Everton was with me every step of the way during my injuries and rehabilitation and so I owe it to the club to manage myself correctly," he explained.

"I didn't feel that the Nigerian federation was there for me then in the same manner, which was especially disappointing given that I got the injury representing my country.

"But I don't blame anyone for this nor do I have any issues with anybody from the NFF or Stephen Keshi our coach.

"He has done a fantastic job and is building a team that Nigerians can be proud of."

A former England youth international, Anichebe switched allegiance and played his first game for Nigeria in March 2008.

He scored on his debut in a 2-0 win over South Africa to help them reach the 2008 Olympics and was then part of the squad that went on to win silver in Beijing.

Despite the recent setbacks and decision to put club over country, Anichebe has no regret to have chosen Nigeria over England.

"A lot of people ask me if I was sad that I wasn't part of the Nations Cup winning team but I couldn't have been happier because it brought so much happiness to Nigerians especially after there has been so much tragedy," he said.

"I know football cannot take away some of the pain it has caused but it was good for the country.

"I am just like the 170 million Nigerians out there, I am a fan obviously as well as a player.

"If I had gone would I be playing for my club at the level I am now? Perhaps not, so it worked out well for both sides.

"The time is just not right for me to resume my international career as of yet but I would certainly love to represent my country in the none-too-distant future."
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Fri 03 May 2013, 1:11 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Victor will be concentrating on his club football for a while. Errr, thanks Vic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22365540

Everton striker Victor Anichebe has put his international career with Nigeria on hold so he can "manage his body accordingly".

Lagos-born Anichebe, 25, has told BBC Sport that for the time being, he does not want to be considered for Nigeria.

He had been tipped for a return to the Nigeria squad for June's World Cup qualifiers and Confederations Cup, replacing the injured Emmanuel Emenike.

"The best thing for me at the moment is to focus on club football," he said.

Anichebe has been plagued by injuries over the past few years, including a groin problem on his last appearance for Nigeria in a 2-0 win over Madagascar in 2011.

He insists he is proud to play for his country, but for the moment his Premier League side Everton are his priority.

"Without club football there is no international football and everyone at Everton was with me every step of the way during my injuries and rehabilitation and so I owe it to the club to manage myself correctly," he explained.

"I didn't feel that the Nigerian federation was there for me then in the same manner, which was especially disappointing given that I got the injury representing my country."But I don't blame anyone for this nor do I have any issues with anybody from the NFF or Stephen Keshi our coach.

"He has done a fantastic job and is building a team that Nigerians can be proud of."

A former England youth international, Anichebe switched allegiance and played his first game for Nigeria in March 2008.

He scored on his debut in a 2-0 win over South Africa to help them reach the 2008 Olympics and was then part of the squad that went on to win silver in Beijing.

Despite the recent setbacks and decision to put club over country, Anichebe has no regret to have chosen Nigeria over England.

"A lot of people ask me if I was sad that I wasn't part of the Nations Cup winning team but I couldn't have been happier because it brought so much happiness to Nigerians especially after there has been so much tragedy," he said.

"I know football cannot take away some of the pain it has caused but it was good for the country.

"I am just like the 170 million Nigerians out there, I am a fan obviously as well as a player.

"If I had gone would I be playing for my club at the level I am now? Perhaps not, so it worked out well for both sides.

"The time is just not right for me to resume my international career as of yet but I would certainly love to represent my country in the none-too-distant future."

He don't feel the Love from the Nigerian boss Stephen keshi .To be fair to Anichebe,he's playing some of his best football for Everton.
sefton

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Wed 28 Aug 2013, 10:53 am

A lot of the news feeds saying Hull are bidding for him. I don't think he'll be a huge miss for us but how much is he worth? 2-3 million?
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4853
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:01 am

Helenqu wrote:A lot of the news feeds saying Hull are bidding for him. I don't think he'll be a huge miss for us but how much is he worth? 2-3 million?
Roberto doesn't seem to rate him, but without him we have no striker strong enough to occupy opposition centre halves and give them a lot of work to deal with, which was exactly what we needed against West Brom. I honestly think we'd have won that game if Vic had been playing. Last season he looked like he'd really turned a corner in terms of attitude an workrate. I think it'd be a shame if we let him go.
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:56 am

after being unable to score against West Brom I would have thought we would be looking to add to, not reduce our striking options - especially as Vic is probably our lowest paid striker
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25450
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 28 Aug 2013, 12:45 pm

For the few pennies we are likely to get, I'd rather keep him.
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 28 Aug 2013, 1:00 pm

I kinda like Vic, but he's very similar to Kone I think.. both big bullies but rather shite really ... now we have Kone I'd sell Vic if we got 3M... but I do agree we need better options up front... we are piss poor in front of goal ... we need Defoe or someone else like him that is out of favour who actually knows where the net is... Lukaku on loan ????.. or even buy in installments as he isn't in Mourinho plans according to papers
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 28 Aug 2013, 1:22 pm

Towards the end of last season, I really thought that Vic had found his game and could be a force to rely on up front. However, that doesn't appear to be the case after all.

He also needs to learn to take the ball in his stride and not always have the back towards the goal when he gets it.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 28 Aug 2013, 1:25 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Towards the end of last season, I really thought that Vic had found his game and could be a force to rely on up front. However, that doesn't appear to be the case after all.

He also needs to learn to take the ball in his stride and not always have the back towards the goal when he gets it.
Beckford was better than Vic IMHO
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 28 Aug 2013, 1:34 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Towards the end of last season, I really thought that Vic had found his game and could be a force to rely on up front. However, that doesn't appear to be the case after all.

Beckford was better than Vic IMHO
We clearly need a quality striker, something we don't have at the moment. Is Sharpy fit to play perhaps?
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Wed 28 Aug 2013, 4:38 pm

Moyes clearly rated Vic. If he comes in with a 3m bid, I'd say get fucked, the price is 4m.

Fuck off Moyes.
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3251
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top