Post  Mr_Ben on Fri 20 Aug 2010, 6:45 am

Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18319
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4: Joey Yobo - left-over Turkey

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner on Fri 20 Aug 2010, 8:21 am

I think a loan deal would be alright for us, if we can recall him should we get too many injuries. I still think he's a decent defender, and while he might not be first choice, he's worth having as back up. If he can get matches up in the SPL, and off our wage bill, that's fine with me.
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2006-01-27

View user profile http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Fri 20 Aug 2010, 10:44 am

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:I think a loan deal would be alright for us, if we can recall him should we get too many injuries. I still think he's a decent defender, and while he might not be first choice, he's worth having as back up. If he can get matches up in the SPL, and off our wage bill, that's fine with me.

I'd rather have the money to be honest.

I wonder how much we'd get for Distin?
Mr_Ben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Fri 20 Aug 2010, 1:49 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:I think a loan deal would be alright for us, if we can recall him should we get too many injuries. I still think he's a decent defender, and while he might not be first choice, he's worth having as back up. If he can get matches up in the SPL, and off our wage bill, that's fine with me.

I'd rather have the money to be honest.

I wonder how much we'd get for Distin?
Not much considering his age. I think we paid a tad too much for him, but he's an established Prem player so he would have no problem with the pace of the game, and I feel that was one reason we paid what we did.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Fri 20 Aug 2010, 2:30 pm

Maybe not then.....

David Moyes has dismissed speculation linking Joseph Yobo with a move to Celtic.

Media reports had suggested the 29-year-old Nigerian international was a target for Neil Lennon's Bhoys on a season-long loan deal.

But the Goodison chief, who has a good relationship with the hierarchy at Parkhead, has revealed there has been no contact from the Scottish outfit.

"There has been no contact from Celtic to me and if there is anything out there I have not heard it," Moyes told the press ahead of Saturday’s home clash with Wolves.

Yobo has been at Goodison since 2002, when he arrived from Marseilles on an initial season-long loan before becoming a permanent fixture with the Blues.

Yobo has found regular first-team football difficult to attain in 2010 because of increased competition for the central defensive berths but he still made 23 appearances during the 2009/10 campaign. His current Everton contract runs out in 2014.
Super

Number of posts : 35971
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Fri 20 Aug 2010, 3:43 pm

He's a good back up, but shouldn't play much to be honest.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin on Fri 20 Aug 2010, 5:25 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:He's a good back up, but shouldn't play much to be honest.

In English: He's shit, now, not up to the job and should be sold while we can still get a half decent price for him Very Happy
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Fri 20 Aug 2010, 6:06 pm

The Griffin wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:He's a good back up, but shouldn't play much to be honest.

In English: He's shit, now, not up to the job and should be sold while we can still get a half decent price for him Very Happy
Laughing Laughing No sugar coating here, eh!?

If we can get a younger (and preferably better) player in for the money we'd get from his sale, I'm all for it.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 12:17 am

The Griffin wrote:

Agreed, he is a liability.
Statman

Number of posts : 6969
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 24 Aug 2010, 3:54 pm

Round also revealed that the same can be said of Nigerian duo Yakubu and Joseph Yobo, explaining that their World Cup exploits were the reason they haven't featured at all in the first two Premier League games.

"They came back from the World Cup a little bit later and have taken a bit of time to get fitter again," he said.

"Joe is in the squad tomorrow and Yak would have been but he picked up a whack in training and is out. They are both in contention and will hopefully play a big part in us having a good season."
Super

Number of posts : 35971
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 6:16 pm

Mr_Ben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 6:24 pm

Great so we have a weaker squad then when we started. with Distin hot and cold and Jags injury record we should have kept him as backup. I can see us regretting this in a few months
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 6:26 pm

Diamond wrote:Great so we have a weaker squad then when we started. with Distin hot and cold and Jags injury record we should have kept him as backup. I can see us regretting this in a few months

Super post something about Hibbert to keep us all sane
Mr_Ben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 6:29 pm

Joseph Yobo is set to join Turkish outfit Fenerbahce on a season long loan.

The proposed deal includes the option to make the transfer permanent when the loan ends next summer.

A deal has been agreed between the two clubs for the loan deal and will be completed subject to Yobo passing a medical and agreeing personal terms.

The Nigerian skipper is now en route to Turkey to meet Fenerbahce officials ahead of the closure of the Turkish transfer window tomorrow (Wednesday).

Yobo had not featured for Everton this season prior to his move to Istanbul, most recently missing the Aston Villa game with a slight thigh problem.

The 29-year-old Nigerian is one of the Blues' longest serving players, having arrived at Everton from Marseille in the summer of 2002.

He impressed on an initial loan spell and that deal was made permanent before the end of the 2002/3 campaign.

Yobo, who captained his country in the World Cup this summer, has made over 250 appearances for Everton.

But fellow defenders Phil Jagielka and Sylvain Distin have forged an excellent partnership at the heart of the Blues' defence and Yobo's chances have been limited.

His current contract at Goodison Park runs until 2014.
Mr_Ben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 7:10 pm

Diamond wrote:Great so we have a weaker squad then when we started. with Distin hot and cold and Jags injury record we should have kept him as backup. I can see us regretting this in a few months
I'm not that worried to be honest. We have Heitinga as cover. He did well at the WC and probably could be pushing for a starting spot as a CB.

I'm thinking this is something Yobo wanted since he knew his playing time would be rather limited. Also, we get him off the books, at least partly, so we save some money that way.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 7:11 pm

prefer yobo to distin
Albert

Number of posts : 15622
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 7:12 pm

treblA wrote:prefer yobo to distin
I prefer Heitinga to Distin, but Distin has done well for us.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 7:22 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

i dont trust yobo or distin at all. they've always got a mistake in them, and more often that not it costs a goal.
Albert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 7:31 pm

treblA wrote:

i dont trust yobo or distin at all. they've always got a mistake in them, and more often that not it costs a goal.
Agreed. I think Distin reads the game a bit better but Yobo can compensate most times because he's a bit faster. Having said that, the biggest problem with Yobo is his distribution, or lack thereof. Odd things happened at Villa, where Arteta would lay off the ball to Distin, who then would take the ball into Villa territory. That's not how it's supposed to be, BUT can you imagine Yobo doing the same. I sure can't.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 7:37 pm

treblA wrote:

Agreed. I think Distin reads the game a bit better but Yobo can compensate most times because he's a bit faster. Having said that, the biggest problem with Yobo is his distribution, or lack thereof. Odd things happened at Villa, where Arteta would lay off the ball to Distin, who then would take the ball into Villa territory. That's not how it's supposed to be, BUT can you imagine Yobo doing the same. I sure can't.

you are right, distin's distribution is a lot better, i just don't like his defending. yobo's distribution lands him in trouble, i think distin's decision making is worse - eg sporting lisbon at home last season. there's not a lot between them really, probably just like yobo more cos he's been there longer.
Albert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 7:44 pm

treblA wrote:
treblA wrote:

you are right, distin's distribution is a lot better, i just don't like his defending. yobo's distribution lands him in trouble, i think distin's decision making is worse - eg sporting lisbon at home last season. there's not a lot between them really, probably just like yobo more cos he's been there longer.

I think yobo loses his concentration at times and his mistakes usually cost a goal but Distin has not been much better on that front. I just think on his day when he is playing to his best he is probably one of our better defenders. I would rather have kept him as he can cover rightback as well. with our squad I dont really like to see anyone go. At least we kept hold to Yakubu
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 1:21 pm

Aside from the odd moment against Blackburn, Distin has been very good this season. Better than Jagielka in fact.
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 6:19 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:Aside from the odd moment against Blackburn, Distin has been very good this season. Better than Jagielka in fact.

I've been impressed by the way Distin is keen to take the ball at feet and go forward rather than pass or hoof
Mr_Ben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 6:46 pm

All the best Yobo. You always gave it your all, when you weren't tying up yer fecking shoelaces anyways. I think the club has moved on and the swap should do us both good, but he'll certainly get a big cheer should he ever return.
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top