Next question.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23647
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Albert on Sat 28 Feb 2009, 6:05 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Yes, of course. Hairy is always right.

Next question.

next question. what colour underpants am i wearing?
Albert

Number of posts : 15641
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Sat 28 Feb 2009, 6:08 pm

albert wrote:fellaini is a passenger isnt he? the whole game just passes him by. for 16 million id expect a bit more

don't think hes totally fit.
sefton

Number of posts : 9362
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan on Sat 28 Feb 2009, 7:22 pm

serious non agressive question, have either of you actually been to see the lad play?

Bryan

Number of posts : 14335
Registration date : 2006-01-30

View user profile http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  TD's Powder of Sympathy on Sat 28 Feb 2009, 7:31 pm

sefton-park-blues wrote:
albert wrote:fellaini is a passenger isnt he? the whole game just passes him by. for 16 million id expect a bit more

don't think hes totally fit.

Or the underpants!

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
TD's Powder of Sympathy

Number of posts : 19965
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 28 Feb 2009, 8:18 pm

Bryan wrote:serious non agressive question, have either of you actually been to see the lad play?

Yeah, I saw him at home to newcastle - he scored, but the rest of the game passed him by. And I saw him away to Arsenal - the game passed him by and he didn't score. He's like a car before they invented gearboxes.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23647

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 28 Feb 2009, 8:34 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Bryan wrote:serious non agressive question, have either of you actually been to see the lad play?

Yeah, I saw him at home to newcastle - he scored, but the rest of the game passed him by. And I saw him away to Arsenal - the game passed him by and he didn't score. He's like a car before they invented gearboxes.
I thought he had several good games before his suspension/injury. However, he'll never be (maybe Moyes can change that) the type of player who takes the game by the scruff of the neck and dominantes. I think he can do well when paired with a playmaker since he has nice diagonal passes, but hardly ever attacks the goal in any form or fashion. He's not the creative spark nor dominant player we might need in the side to make the next step.

He also needs to work on his quickness in the summer. Clearly lacking in that department as far as I'm concerned. Also makes him late in the tackles and he picks up a booking for consistent fauling - the ref really has no choice after a while but to book him.

I wish he'd attack the goal more as well, even have a pop at goal at times. Can't recall him taking shots at the goal too often, hence I don't know if he has a good shot or not.

And he needs to trim that silly hair as well.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66076

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Sat 28 Feb 2009, 8:47 pm

watched Mowbray's remarks on teh beeb, and he had a little dig about his side not doing the more physical stuff.

Then I looked at teh stats.
Ev WBS
9 Fouls 18

and....
72.5 Passing Success 74.5
that's a good number from us, without Mikel
mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17166
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Synth_fg® on Sat 28 Feb 2009, 10:43 pm

He's playing with a cracked vertebrate FFS,
3 of our midfielders today were playing with injuries,
If we had anyone Bar Castillo and Shandy left
Synth_fg®

Number of posts : 3579
Registration date : 2005-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond on Sun 01 Mar 2009, 8:07 am

Don`t really rate him, I don`t really see what his strengths are he certainly is not that creative player we hoped we would get with Moutinho.

I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for this season as he might just be confused of his role as he has often been used in a more forward role.

But I wouldn`t be surprised if Moyes looked to sell him to get the funds back in the summer
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Sun 01 Mar 2009, 9:21 am

Same as Cahill

4-5-1 - Good
4-4-2 - Bad

When Cahill has to play in a 4-4-2 he isn't as effective as when he plays in a 4-5-1.

Same with Fellaini.

Number of posts : 28004
Registration date : 2005-10-13

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Sun 01 Mar 2009, 9:39 am

Very undecided yet.
He's still young
It's his first season in PL
He does look clumsy when tackling - hence the silly bookings

I think also because of our injuries DM has not been able to bring him in gradually.

He will have a great second season for us................... {I Hope}
The President

Number of posts : 11450
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brummie No Mates on Sun 01 Mar 2009, 11:35 am

Synth_fg® wrote:He's playing with a cracked vertebrate FFS,
3 of our midfielders today were playing with injuries,
If we had anyone Bar Castillo and Shandy left
I was just about to post this!

Give the lad a break!
Brummie No Mates

Number of posts : 6679

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Sun 01 Mar 2009, 11:36 am

Once again I thought his booking was a piss take by Bennett, usual story, "Oh look that's the guy with the fucked up hair, he's a very naughty boy him, I best book him or the bosses at the FA will have a go at me"

Their number 22 was booting us all over the field and wasn't once spoken to, Felliani jumps in for a header and gets booked, the same thing happed to Cahill not 5 minutes later, he was clattered from behind but not booked.

The lad is clearly still injured and I will for one withold my judgment until e has played injury free for a while, whereas Castillo can kiss my reasonably sized arse, what a bag of wank he is!
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13150

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brummie No Mates on Sun 01 Mar 2009, 11:39 am

Gravy & Chips wrote:Once again I thought his booking was a piss take by Bennett, usual story, "Oh look that's the guy with the fucked up hair, he's a very naughty boy him, I best book him or the bosses at the FA will have a go at me"

Their number 22 was booting us all over the field and wasn't once spoken to, Felliani jumps in for a header and gets booked, the same thing happed to Cahill not 5 minutes later, he was clattered from behind but not booked.

The lad is clearly still injured and I will for one withold my judgment until e has played injury free for a while, whereas Castillo can kiss my reasonably sized arse, what a bag of wank he is!
Is that a new girl's size? scratch HUGE and FAT are such negative words, we prefer, REASONABLY SIZED???
Brummie No Mates

Number of posts : 6679

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Sun 01 Mar 2009, 11:46 am

It is somewhere between pert and fooking massive
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13150

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Sun 01 Mar 2009, 1:04 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:It is somewhere between pert and fooking massive

like so?

mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17166
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike on Sun 01 Mar 2009, 4:29 pm

I thought he was excellent when I watched in 'live' against Sunderland. His touch, control, awareness and His weight of passing was fantasic. Yesterday, he was awful. He may still be injured, but players just skipped away from him with ease yesterday. This is a player who was supposed to be dominant in midfield and a player who'd win a lot of battles. Didn't see that yesterday.

I'm prepared to give him time, I hope Moyes does too. He's only 21 and I know there's a big fee attached but that's gone now. If he was an academy player, he might get more time from us. My major worry is that he's very sluggish (even when fully fit) and we'll need to get some athleticism in next to him.
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Sun 01 Mar 2009, 8:07 pm

MagicMike wrote:I thought he was excellent when I watched in 'live' against Sunderland. His touch, control, awareness and His weight of passing was fantasic. Yesterday, he was awful. He may still be injured, but players just skipped away from him with ease yesterday. This is a player who was supposed to be dominant in midfield and a player who'd win a lot of battles. Didn't see that yesterday.

I'm prepared to give him time, I hope Moyes does too. He's only 21 and I know there's a big fee attached but that's gone now. If he was an academy player, he might get more time from us. My major worry is that he's very sluggish (even when fully fit) and we'll need to get some athleticism in next to him.

He's gone back to the form we saw when he first arrived - slow and clumsy. He did look really good before he got injured though - so maybe we just need to be patient.

Jo was pretty bad as well. Id no way sign him for £10m!
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Sun 01 Mar 2009, 8:23 pm

live at the ground? about 5 or 6 times. what about yourself?
Albert

Number of posts : 15641
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey on Mon 02 Mar 2009, 7:17 pm

My B'inlaw was over for Friday night and he is well unconvinced about fellaini. I asked him to watch Fellaini how he traps and moves a ball to a player in a blue shirt. This he did, but he was poor Saturday. You can't disguise it. Ossy played ok, despite no training. I just think we are carrying too many knocks at the moment and this season's bogey team up next.
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Wed 04 Mar 2009, 8:36 am

TBH I think we stumbled on a position that made him look effective. When he's gone back into a more central role he's been fuckin shite again. I wasn't overly impressed with his contribution from a playing point of view when he was in that second striker role but at least he was looking dangerous from crosses and throw ins, causing a problem to the opposition. Now the only problem he causes are to hos own team. If he's injured then don't fuckin play him, simple. He wouldn't be missed on current form. Castillo is a bag of shite, agreed.
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue_Monkey on Wed 04 Mar 2009, 11:31 am

I'm to stick my neck out and say that I think Big Mo will come good. He's going to be collosal over the next 4 (and hopefully more) years.

I remember the season that Vidic and Evra signed for Man Utd and there was a lot of talk about how they just weren't good enough / dodgy signings etc. The next season Vidic was immense (and still is) and Evra has cemented his place as Man Utd's first choice left back. I also remeber Alan Hansen and various other MOTD pundits saying that Drogba was shit after his first season at Chelsea (like they'd never even seen him play for Marseille - fucking ill-informed cock rings).

The thing about Fellaini is that he has been injured for part of the season, played up front for a good part of the season and is adjusting to life in a different league where he can barely speak the language (and don't give me the bollocks about how we all speak one language on the pitch).

In the two games against Liverpool I saw enough quality in Fellaini to make me think we'd secured a real quality signing (admittedly at a high price).

And a final thought, if he doesn't make it here that still doesn't mean he's a shit player. Plenty of brilliant players don't make it in British football. Some brilliant british players don't / didn't make it in other countries. It doesn't make them shit either.
Blue_Monkey

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top