25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Armchair on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 2:46 pm

I thought Jo did ok, bearing in mind the service was rubbish.
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18382
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Mr_Ben on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 2:52 pm

deja vu, this time last year were we not saying the same?
avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18321
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Cahill the Great on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 2:58 pm

Tonteau wrote:Was miles better than Jo when he came on.



I agree with that. I dont rate Jo much if Im honest - Im glad we've got him on loan rather than a permanent deal.

He's not a bad striker - just has something missing that prevents him becoming a top player.
avatar
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Age : 39
Location : London
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Super on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 3:15 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Was miles better than Jo when he came on.



I agree with that. I dont rate Jo much if Im honest - Im glad we've got him on loan rather than a permanent deal.

He's not a bad striker - just has something missing that prevents him becoming a top player.

Yeah he only has a left foot.
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35976
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 3:18 pm

Super wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Was miles better than Jo when he came on.



I agree with that. I dont rate Jo much if Im honest - Im glad we've got him on loan rather than a permanent deal.

He's not a bad striker - just has something missing that prevents him becoming a top player.

Yeah he only has a left foot.
It would have been worse if he had two left feet.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65769
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Super on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 3:22 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Super wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Was miles better than Jo when he came on.



I agree with that. I dont rate Jo much if Im honest - Im glad we've got him on loan rather than a permanent deal.

He's not a bad striker - just has something missing that prevents him becoming a top player.

Yeah he only has a left foot.
It would have been worse if he had two left feet.

Think he would be better if he ahd two left feet
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35976
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 3:32 pm

Super wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Super wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Was miles better than Jo when he came on.



I agree with that. I dont rate Jo much if Im honest - Im glad we've got him on loan rather than a permanent deal.

He's not a bad striker - just has something missing that prevents him becoming a top player.

Yeah he only has a left foot.
It would have been worse if he had two left feet.

Think he would be better if he ahd two left feet
He'd just walk around in a circle though. tongue
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65769
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Tonteau on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 3:58 pm

I'm in two minds about Jo, really. I mean his movement is ace and he links up well. But his is finishing is hit and miss even with his good foot, his ability to play the offside trap is ropey at best and he is piss-weak. Big problem is, we're not playing 'Jo' type football right now. We're not being clever or silky and playing it on the floor. We're whacking it up to him and it's fucking hopeless. Fellaini won more balls in the 15 odd minutes he was on than, Jo did the entire game. Until we start playing lovely passing football we might as well bench him, cos he sure as hell isn't going to put in a shift for us.
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Tonteau on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 3:59 pm

Diamond wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Was miles better than Jo when he came on.

I dont think so

Fair enough. You're wrong. But fair enough.

I cant even recall Jo having a shot on target.
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Super on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 4:01 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Diamond wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Was miles better than Jo when he came on.

I dont think so

Fair enough. You're wrong. But fair enough.

I cant even recall Jo having a shot on target.

The bbc stats have us as having 7 shots on target, apart from Cahill's goal can't remember where the other 6 came from??
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35976
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Tonteau on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 4:05 pm

Super wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Diamond wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Was miles better than Jo when he came on.

I dont think so

Fair enough. You're wrong. But fair enough.

I cant even recall Jo having a shot on target.

The bbc stats have us as having 7 shots on target, apart from Cahill's goal can't remember where the other 6 came from??

Rodwell and ossie had one a piece, I think. And Fellaini and Yobo had shots saved/cleared off the line in quick succession.
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Cahill the Great on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 4:05 pm

Tonteau wrote:I'm in two minds about Jo, really. I mean his movement is ace and he links up well. But his is finishing is hit and miss even with his good foot, his ability to play the offside trap is ropey at best and he is piss-weak. Big problem is, we're not playing 'Jo' type football right now. We're not being clever or silky and playing it on the floor. We're whacking it up to him and it's fucking hopeless. Fellaini won more balls in the 15 odd minutes he was on than, Jo did the entire game. Until we start playing lovely passing football we might as well bench him, cos he sure as hell isn't going to put in a shift for us.



He cant head the ball either. Unless you play it to his feet - he is useless and wont chase the ball back when he loses it.

Right now - not the player we need at this momment in time.
avatar
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Age : 39
Location : London
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 4:47 pm

I just hope Yak comes back firing on all cylinders, cos Saha & Jo are no fucking use to us as strikers for one reason and another.

We're dooooomed I tell ye!

Give the captain's armband to Borat Fellaini, at least we'd get a bit of a laugh out of it.
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23546
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Albert on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 4:49 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Was miles better than Jo when he came on.



I agree with that. I dont rate Jo much if Im honest - Im glad we've got him on loan rather than a permanent deal.

He's not a bad striker - just has something missing that prevents him becoming a top player.

a pass to his feet or into space
avatar
Albert

Number of posts : 15622
Age : 34
Location : Monaco
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Cahill the Great on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 4:50 pm

hairy cataract wrote:I just hope Yak comes back firing on all cylinders, cos Saha & Jo are no fucking use to us as strikers for one reason and another.

We're dooooomed I tell ye!

Give the captain's armband to Borat Fellaini, at least we'd get a bit of a laugh out of it.


Saha is quality. Just picks up too many injuries.

Does anyone know why he didnt play on Sunday? I didnt hear of any injury prior to the game scratch
avatar
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Age : 39
Location : London
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Tonteau on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 4:53 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:I just hope Yak comes back firing on all cylinders, cos Saha & Jo are no fucking use to us as strikers for one reason and another.

We're dooooomed I tell ye!

Give the captain's armband to Borat Fellaini, at least we'd get a bit of a laugh out of it.


Saha is quality. Just picks up too many injuries.

Does anyone know why he didnt play on Sunday? I didnt hear of any injury prior to the game scratch

Tight hamstring. Hence hairy's "One reason or another" comment.
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  detroitblue on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 4:54 pm

hairy cataract wrote:I just hope Yak comes back firing on all cylinders, cos Saha & Jo are no fucking use to us as strikers for one reason and another.

We're dooooomed I tell ye!

Give the captain's armband to Borat Fellaini, at least we'd get a bit of a laugh out of it.


afro Shocked


BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Osman for captain, everyone would think he's the mascot!
avatar
detroitblue

Number of posts : 6282
Age : 139
Location : Detroit USA,
Registration date : 2006-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 4:59 pm

The Griffin wrote:Has anyone got any 'contacts' with any other club? Halesowen Town have, unfortunately, gone into administration otherwise I would nip up there and see if they fancied loaning him for the next 5 years. Hairy and StJ couple pick up his wage and expenses tab.

What a lolloping pile of Belgian shite!

They can have Cahill, Pienaar, Neville and Osman as well the way they are playing this season. They would probably have to settle for a place on the Halesowen bench but at least we might get some players who look like they give a shit. Infact, Yobo and Hibbert can fuck off with them as well.
avatar
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20987
Age : 38
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  detroitblue on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 5:38 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
The Griffin wrote:Has anyone got any 'contacts' with any other club? Halesowen Town have, unfortunately, gone into administration otherwise I would nip up there and see if they fancied loaning him for the next 5 years. Hairy and StJ couple pick up his wage and expenses tab.

What a lolloping pile of Belgian shite!

They can have Cahill, Pienaar, Neville and Osman as well the way they are playing this season. They would probably have to settle for a place on the Halesowen bench but at least we might get some players who look like they give a shit. Infact, Yobo and Hibbert can fuck off with them as well.

And take that cunt Moyles with 'em too! the twat!!
avatar
detroitblue

Number of posts : 6282
Age : 139
Location : Detroit USA,
Registration date : 2006-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 5:41 pm

detroitblue wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
The Griffin wrote:Has anyone got any 'contacts' with any other club? Halesowen Town have, unfortunately, gone into administration otherwise I would nip up there and see if they fancied loaning him for the next 5 years. Hairy and StJ couple pick up his wage and expenses tab.

What a lolloping pile of Belgian shite!

They can have Cahill, Pienaar, Neville and Osman as well the way they are playing this season. They would probably have to settle for a place on the Halesowen bench but at least we might get some players who look like they give a shit. Infact, Yobo and Hibbert can fuck off with them as well.

And take that cunt Moyles with 'em too! the twat!!

Only if he cant play right back. tongue
avatar
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20987
Age : 38
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Garry Adams on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 6:22 pm

Jo is rubbish, give him a chance inside the area, with a bit of time and some confidence and he'll put it away. Give him some work to do and he's about as useless as me. And that's useless.
avatar
Garry Adams

Number of posts : 6065
Age : 33
Location : Watford
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Bryan on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 8:27 pm

we have a sad state of affairs at the club at the moment, we have an technically gifted attacking midfielder ( Cahill ) and a not very technical midfielder in Felliani - and nobody else in MF who can put their foot on the ball, i still believe we have never recovered from losing Carsley, and when teams come at Everton we shit it - it showed yestarday, as it did against Burnley, and Wigan.


i can't stress enough how much of a ball winner Everton need, either than or go back to playing 4-4-2.

Very Happy

Bryan

Number of posts : 14335
Age : 39
Location : Kirkby,Liverpool.
Registration date : 2006-01-30

View user profile http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 11:05 pm

Bryan wrote:we have a sad state of affairs at the club at the moment, we have an technically gifted attacking midfielder ( Cahill ) and a not very technical midfielder in Felliani - and nobody else in MF who can put their foot on the ball, i still believe we have never recovered from losing Carsley, and when teams come at Everton we shit it - it showed yestarday, as it did against Burnley, and Wigan.


i can't stress enough how much of a ball winner Everton need, either than or go back to playing 4-4-2.

Very Happy


think you've got that the wrong way round mate. fellaini is technically good, he's just a fuckin lazy bastard who cant be arsed. cahill has been shite so far this season
avatar
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Age : 33
Location : EP/Chester
Registration date : 2005-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 11:31 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Bryan wrote:we have a sad state of affairs at the club at the moment, we have an technically gifted attacking midfielder ( Cahill ) and a not very technical midfielder in Felliani - and nobody else in MF who can put their foot on the ball, i still believe we have never recovered from losing Carsley, and when teams come at Everton we shit it - it showed yestarday, as it did against Burnley, and Wigan.


i can't stress enough how much of a ball winner Everton need, either than or go back to playing 4-4-2.

Very Happy


think you've got that the wrong way round mate. fellaini is technically good, he's just a fuckin lazy bastard who cant be arsed. cahill has been shite so far this season

Still think Pienaar should have scored after Fellaini played the only decent through ball of the game. Not bad seeing as he was only on the pitch for 20 mins. Fair play to Pienaar that he lost his balance after taking a touch but I think he should have buried it. Also, I thought Fellaini won more of Yobo's useless long balls than anyone else in a blue shirt, again not bad as he was only on for 20 mins.

Dont get me wrong, Fellaini was shite and lazy yesterday it was just that he showed more in a cameo than other, more experienced players did in 90 mins (as you said earlier TBB). I think people try to make Fellaini into a scapegoat if Im honest even when he wasnt even on the pitch for the majority of the game.
avatar
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20987
Age : 38
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 11:44 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Bryan wrote:we have a sad state of affairs at the club at the moment, we have an technically gifted attacking midfielder ( Cahill ) and a not very technical midfielder in Felliani - and nobody else in MF who can put their foot on the ball, i still believe we have never recovered from losing Carsley, and when teams come at Everton we shit it - it showed yestarday, as it did against Burnley, and Wigan.


i can't stress enough how much of a ball winner Everton need, either than or go back to playing 4-4-2.

Very Happy


think you've got that the wrong way round mate. fellaini is technically good, he's just a fuckin lazy bastard who cant be arsed. cahill has been shite so far this season

Still think Pienaar should have scored after Fellaini played the only decent through ball of the game. Not bad seeing as he was only on the pitch for 20 mins. Fair play to Pienaar that he lost his balance after taking a touch but I think he should have buried it. Also, I thought Fellaini won more of Yobo's useless long balls than anyone else in a blue shirt, again not bad as he was only on for 20 mins.

Dont get me wrong, Fellaini was shite and lazy yesterday it was just that he showed more in a cameo than other, more experienced players did in 90 mins (as you said earlier TBB). I think people try to make Fellaini into a scapegoat if Im honest even when he wasnt even on the pitch for the majority of the game.

i agree mate, same as the wigan game. if he hadn't come off the bench we wouldn't have won. and yesterday had he not come on we wouldn't have come anywhere near to getting an undeserved point
avatar
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Age : 33
Location : EP/Chester
Registration date : 2005-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum