25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Yankthattoffee on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 7:05 pm

The main thing about Felli was that the opposition had to have a game plan against him.
Even if he seemed to have little impact on the game, someone somewhere on the oposing team, had to change what they would otherwise be doing.
One of the disappointing aspects was our lack of goals from corners and other set pieces, which is surprizing when you think of Jags, Dizzie and Felli up there.
Also, DM was playing him in all kinds of places, but when he just gave him a free midfield role, as he did in the last 2 games of the season, he looked in his element.
If selling him and J5, brings in Lukaku, Fer, Alcaraz and AN Other, with Baines still on board, then all the better for us. As long as all this doesn't go belly up, when we sell Felli, then screw around until 31/8/13 and blow the whole thing.
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5867
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:35 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:The main thing about Felli was that the opposition had to have a game plan against him.
Even if he seemed to have little impact on the game, someone somewhere on the oposing team, had to change what they would otherwise be doing.
One of the disappointing aspects was our lack of goals from corners and other set pieces, which is surprizing when you think of Jags, Dizzie and Felli up there.
Also, DM was playing him in all kinds of places, but when he just gave him a free midfield role, as he did in the last 2 games of the season, he looked in his element.
If selling him and J5, brings in Lukaku, Fer, Alcaraz and AN Other, with Baines still on board, then all the better for us. As long as all this doesn't go belly up, when we sell Felli, then screw around until 31/8/13 and blow the whole thing.

Fair points in there. My main worry would be selling Felli and using it to fund McFadden type signings. I actually think Bill should put a ban on signing Scottish players, or players who have ever played in the Scottish leagues. They're all fucking crap these days. Naismith, Faddy, Jelli etc etc. I'm hoping Martinez will stick with Spanish, South American, English, Welsh and Irish players. And possibly a few Scandinavian birds to help out Bunton with the streaking.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23647
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:29 pm

Scored for Belgium tonight against Serbia.

Coleman with peach of a cross for Keanes 2nd against Faroes

Number of posts : 26846
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 7:42 am

Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini, 25, will ask Arsenal for a weekly wage of more than £100,000 should the Gunners sign him for £22m.
Full story: Daily Mail†
Armchair

Number of posts : 18512
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 9:26 am

Good interview with a Belgian fella on citytalk this morning saying Fellaini is waiting for everything to be perfect before he moves - money, position in team, new manager. Said there is a real possibility he could stay for another year.
Albert

Number of posts : 15641
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 3:42 pm

Albert wrote:Good interview with a Belgian fella on citytalk this morning saying Fellaini is waiting for everything to be perfect before he moves - money, position in team, new manager. Said there is a real possibility he could stay for another year.

Hedging his bets in case no one wants to stump up £20m+ for him.
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 7:32 pm

Albert wrote:Good interview with a Belgian fella on citytalk this morning saying Fellaini is waiting for everything to be perfect before he moves - money, position in team, new manager. Said there is a real possibility he could stay for another year.
Considering he's under contract, it appears rather obvious he could stay another year. He's clearly looking for a move.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66072

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 9:29 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Considering he's under contract, it appears rather obvious he could stay another year. He's clearly looking for a move.

Fellaini release clause due to expire in August
June 28, 2013

Evertonís prospects of hanging on to Arsenal target Marouane Fellaini have improved after it emerged his £24million escape clause is due to expire in around six weeks according to the Mail

Anxious to avoid being caught out by a pre-deadline approach and left without enough time to find an adequate replacement, Everton insisted on limiting the duration of the clause when negotiating Fellainiís current contract.

To the consternation of Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who is still weighing up the financial implications of meeting the buy-out figure and personal terms, Everton will be at liberty to reject any offers for their in-demand midfielder after August 15.

sefton

Number of posts : 9362
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 12:14 pm

sefton wrote:

June 28, 2013

Evertonís prospects of hanging on to Arsenal target Marouane Fellaini have improved after it emerged his £24million escape clause is due to expire in around six weeks according to the Mail

Anxious to avoid being caught out by a pre-deadline approach and left without enough time to find an adequate replacement, Everton insisted on limiting the duration of the clause when negotiating Fellainiís current contract.

To the consternation of Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who is still weighing up the financial implications of meeting the buy-out figure and personal terms, Everton will be at liberty to reject any offers for their in-demand midfielder after August 15.

but doesn't that mean he could go for less?
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 1:26 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
sefton wrote:

June 28, 2013

but doesn't that mean he could go for less?
he can always go for less, but this means that we don't have to accept £24m for him if its tabled
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25556
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 12:17 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-evertons-fellaini-2131784

Just paper talk of course but, if it's true, Moyes is turning into Wenger. He's going to miss all his targets because he hasn't got the balls to pay full price for a player. I predict a very short honeymoon period for him at Manure unless they get off to a flier.
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 12:36 am

hairy cataract wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-evertons-fellaini-2131784

Just paper talk of course but, if it's true, Moyes is turning into Wenger. †He's going to miss all his targets because he hasn't got the balls to pay full price for a player. †I predict a very short honeymoon period for him at Manure unless they get off to a flier.
Seems inevitable that DM would come in for either or both of our franchise players (Sorry, can't get the yank out of me that easily).
I think he'll go, and DM is just waiting for the clause to expire, then offer £15M as a starter to his negotiations.
I'm sure Rapid Robby has a plan for this occurrence. As long as he chooses well, and maybe gets 2 cracking players, we'll be OK.
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 2:37 pm

Here we go gentlemen. Things about to get interesting. Desperate Moyes heading back for some choice cuts.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/07/marouane-fellaini-manchester-united-everton

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 2:48 pm

FOOTBALL

Everton boss Roberto Martinez insists he has not received any recent bids for England left-back Leighton Baines or Belgium midfielder Marouane Fellaini.

The Toffees rejected a £12m bid for Baines earlier this summer, while reports suggest United manager David Moyes has contacted Martinez over a deal for Fellaini.

However, Martinez tells Everton's official website: "There are no bids. When you read that someone is interested in someone, it doesn't mean there is a bid on the table."

Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 3:11 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-evertons-fellaini-2131784

Just paper talk of course but, if it's true, Moyes is turning into Wenger. †He's going to miss all his targets because he hasn't got the balls to pay full price for a player. †I predict a very short honeymoon period for him at Manure unless they get off to a flier.
Seems inevitable that DM would come in for either or both of our franchise players (Sorry, can't get the yank out of me that easily).
I think he'll go, and DM is just waiting for the clause to expire, then offer £15M as a starter to his negotiations.
I'm sure Rapid Robby has a plan for this occurrence. †As long as he chooses well, and maybe gets 2 cracking players, we'll be OK.

I don't think he really fits into Bobby's plans. If he can get £20m plus for him, he'll be happy to trade him for smaller, equally aggressive players but with better passing ability. Only problem is we need someone to score a few goals in the big fella's absence, and there's no sign of who that might be so far
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 3:15 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

I'm sure Rapid Robby has a plan for this occurrence. †As long as he chooses well, and maybe gets 2 cracking players, we'll be OK.

I don't think he really fits into Bobby's plans. †If he can get £20m plus for him, he'll be happy to trade him for smaller, equally aggressive players but with better passing ability. †Only problem is we need someone to score a few goals in the big fella's absence, and there's no sign of who that might be so far
True dat!
If we get enough, surely a terrier in the midfield, and maybe even a striker, but like you say, who?
Strange that Peanut has not made any impression during the US Tour?
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 3:22 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

I don't think he really fits into Bobby's plans. †If he can get £20m plus for him, he'll be happy to trade him for smaller, equally aggressive players but with better passing ability. †Only problem is we need someone to score a few goals in the big fella's absence, and there's no sign of who that might be so far
True dat!
If we get enough, surely a terrier in the midfield, and maybe even a striker, but like you say, who?

He's been injured for the last two games that's why.
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4876
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 3:43 pm

Helenqu wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

True dat!

...and was man of the match for the first one.
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 6:12 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

True dat!

...and was man of the match for the first one.
So what the hell do I know.......
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 10:45 pm

Helenqu

Number of posts : 4876
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 11:03 pm

I'm sick of DM already.
Go and dither somewhere else!!
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 11:20 pm

Oh fuck off Utd you bunch of cunts! Can we pay Daniel Levy to conduct negotiations? Get the fee up past £50m!

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 9:53 am

Bluejagz wrote:Oh fuck off Utd you bunch of cunts! Can we pay Daniel Levy to conduct negotiations? Get the fee up past £50m!
From Felli's point of view, he should realise that he's DM's 4th or 5th choice for the Man Utd midfield.
DM's opening offer is embarrassing.
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 11:50 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:Oh fuck off Utd you bunch of cunts! Can we pay Daniel Levy to conduct negotiations? Get the fee up past £50m!
From Felli's point of view, he should realise that he's DM's 4th or 5th choice for the Man Utd midfield.
DM's opening offer is embarrassing.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/08/everton-fellaini-baines-manchester-united
Fellaini & Baines not for sale i.e. you can fuck off with your first bid. Have Utd set a record in bids rejected this summer. 3 or 4 for Fabragas, a couple for Thiago, one or two for Baines. Dittering Davy. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 2:18 pm

each Very Happy
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6984

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top