25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  mindyerKoelMister? on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 5:25 am

Felli wasn't very good on Tuesday. PLayed the whole match but looked tired throughout. OTOH Baines didn't come on until 20 minutes to go, and though his crosses weren't fantastic he injected so much energy into the game I thought we might grab it.

mindyerKoelMister?

Number of posts : 17056
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 10:43 am

Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25450
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 11:56 am

Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:game changer?  £50m joint bid from united?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-transfer-rumour-mill-5679607
put the money on the table Suspect 

we should tell them to pay it upfront as well or fuckoff, no sale
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6743
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KoelJagz on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 12:05 pm

Blueberto wrote:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-transfer-rumour-mill-5679607

we should tell them to pay it upfront as well or fuckoff,  no sale
I think their new chief exec is trying to put down a marker as been a hard ass to deal with. Cant see them paying up front remotely what we want. Will count on Baines and especially Fellaini agitating for a move away to bring the price down. I cant see us been happy with the outcome. Time for Bill to man up and play hardball.

Number of posts : 26813
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 12:09 pm

Bluejagz wrote:
Blueberto wrote:

I think their new chief exec is trying to put down a marker as been a hard ass to deal with. Cant see them paying up front remotely what we want. Will count on Baines and especially Fellaini agitating for a move away to bring the price down. I cant see us been happy with the outcome. Time for Bill to man up and play hardball.
without a doubt
Blue gazza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 1:12 pm

Blueberto wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:
Blueberto wrote:

without a doubt
we should take 50M IMO if it is offered ... that's decent debt reduction & 5 decent players as well ... hopefully not Wigan rejects

http://www.606evertonians.com/t46512-say-50-million

Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33047

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 9:36 pm

Bluejagz wrote:
Blueberto wrote:

So much so that they've failed to sign any of their targets! They need to cough up and come in with a decent offer. Im not arsed about Fellaini but Baines is irreplacable in my opinion.
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  My other LB is a Ferrari on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 9:40 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:   Im not arsed about Fellaini but Baines is irreplacable in my opinion.
I agree
My other LB is a Ferrari

Number of posts : 1307
Registration date : 2006-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 10:35 pm

My other LB is a Ferrari wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:   Im not arsed about Fellaini but Baines is irreplacable in my opinion.
I agree
I do too Smile
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4853
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 9:04 am

Helenqu wrote:
I agree
I do too Smile
Me too Very Happy 
Armchair

Number of posts : 18372
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 9:24 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
I agree
I do too Smile
Me too Very Happy 
Same here Smile 
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 10:23 am

Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
I agree
I do too Smile
Me too Very Happy 
Same here Smile 
I tried not to agree, but I couldn't.

Number of posts : 13066

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 11:56 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
I agree
I do too Smile
Me too Very Happy 
Same here Smile 
I massively disagree.

Fellaini has been the main reason why we are now playing proper football as he always brings the ball down, controls it and passes it. I dread to think what our central midfield will be like if he leaves as I don't think the others are good enough without Fellaini being there.

Baines is fantastic and one of my favourite players of all time but it is easier to replace a left back than a central midfielder. It is why left-backs do not command the same fees as strikers, central midfielders or centre halves.
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20987
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 8:17 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
I agree
I do too Smile
Me too Very Happy 
Same here Smile 
I massively disagree.

Fellaini has been the main reason why we are now playing proper football as he always brings the ball down, controls it and passes it. I dread to think what our central midfield will be like if he leaves as I don't think the others are good enough without Fellaini being there.

Baines is fantastic and one of my favourite players of all time but it is easier to replace a left back than a central midfielder. It is why left-backs do not command the same fees as strikers, central midfielders or centre halves.
I just think he blows hot and cold too much. He was amazing at the start of last season, no doubt about it. There is an argument that him merely being there means one opposition player has a job to do to nullify him, and taking this into account it's still hard to suggest that his performances as the season progressed were anything other than extremely variable.

There aren't many left backs that are crucial to their team - not surprising really. Baines is the absolute opposite. He consistently, game after game, is involved in effectively turning defence into attack and I don't believe he is easier to replace than Fellaini at all.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 8:21 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
I agree
I do too Smile
Me too Very Happy 
Same here Smile 
I massively disagree.

I just think he blows hot and cold too much. He was amazing at the start of last season, no doubt about it. There is an argument that him merely being there means one opposition player has a job to do to nullify him, and taking this into account it's still hard to suggest that his performances as the season progressed were anything other than extremely variable.

There aren't many left backs that are crucial to their team - not surprising really. Baines is the absolute opposite. He consistently, game after game, is involved in effectively turning defence into attack and I don't believe he is easier to replace than Fellaini at all.
I don't think Baines is easier to replace. It is just that replacing a world class left back with an average left back would not have as much overall effect on the side as replacing an excellent central midfielder with an average central midfielder.
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 11:06 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
I agree
I do too Smile
Me too Very Happy 
Same here Smile 
I massively disagree.

I don't think Baines is easier to replace. It is just that replacing a world class left back with an average left back would not have as much overall effect on the side as replacing an excellent central midfielder with an average central midfielder.
In our case I think replacing Baines with an average left back might cost us eight or nine goals a season which would amount to twelve points or so.

Of course, it's all immeasurable, I do get that. My argument is that his mere presence gives us a threat that opponents need to be weary of. Right sided players are forced back into less threatening positions. He acts as a flexible outlet that allows the midfield to turn attack into defence which make him extremely difficult to track, and he's extremely consistent with it.

Fellaini also supports turning defence into attack but in a different way in that he can receive the ball, hold on to it, and then lay it off into an attacking players path. However for me, in the attacking areas where he should be phenomenal, he just doesn't cut it sometimes.

I guess I just think that, with Baines, it's from an unlikely position and that is such a different challenge to right midfielders and right backs that it makes it more effective. Both players give us an added dimension and I would prefer both to stay, but keeping Baines in particular is crucial.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 11:10 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
I agree
I do too Smile
Me too Very Happy 
Same here Smile 
I massively disagree.

In our case I think replacing Baines with an average left back might cost us eight or nine goals a season which would amount to twelve points or so.

Of course, it's all immeasurable, I do get that. My argument is that his mere presence gives us a threat that opponents need to be weary of. Right sided players are forced back into less threatening positions. He acts as a flexible outlet that allows the midfield to turn attack into defence which make him extremely difficult to track, and he's extremely consistent with it.

Fellaini also supports turning defence into attack but in a different way in that he can receive the ball, hold on to it, and then lay it off into an attacking players path. However for me, in the attacking areas where he should be phenomenal, he just doesn't cut it sometimes.

I guess I just think that, with Baines, it's from an unlikely position and that is such a different challenge to right midfielders and right backs that it makes it more effective. Both players give us an added dimension and I would prefer both to stay, but keeping Baines in particular is crucial.
I suppose we will have to keep them both then and tell Moyes to piss off. Very Happy  

I think we would find it hard to impossible to replace either player. Whichever one went, we would have to change the formation and the way that we play.
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 11:39 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
I agree
I do too Smile
Me too Very Happy 
Same here Smile 
I massively disagree.

I suppose we will have to keep them both then and tell Moyes to piss off. Very Happy  

I think we would find it hard to impossible to replace either player. Whichever one went, we would have to change the formation and the way that we play.
Moyes who??? Very Happy 

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Sun 11 Aug 2013, 12:06 am

Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote: Im not arsed about Fellaini but Baines is irreplacable in my opinion.
I agree
I do too Smile
Me too Very Happy
Same here Smile
I massively disagree.

Moyes who??? Very Happy
Chris moyes, the DJ ??
Blue gazza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 11 Aug 2013, 12:27 am

Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
I agree
I do too Smile
Me too Very Happy 
Same here Smile 
I massively disagree.

Oviedo tried to do overlapping runs against Valencia. Not saying he's as good as Baines (he's not), but I don't think he's totally clueless either.

No matter what happens, it'll be interesting to follow.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerKoelMister? on Sun 11 Aug 2013, 1:32 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
I agree
I do too Smile
Me too Very Happy 
Same here Smile 
I massively disagree.

Oviedo tried to do overlapping runs against Valencia. Not saying he's as good as Baines (he's not), but I don't think he's totally clueless either.

No matter what happens, it'll be interesting to follow.
Of the subs made against Valencia, bringing on Baines (for 15 minutes tops?) was what injected pace into the game, there was an immediate buzz. I know Martinez was using the match as an experiment and that was obvious from his selection but throwing Bainesy on with a short time to go made Valencia reorganise. Have to say NONE of his crosses reached a man but that was slowness of the strikers to adapt.
mindyerKoelMister?

Number of posts : 17056
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 11 Aug 2013, 2:33 pm

Not in the squad today. Injured or fucking off?
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23530

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Sun 11 Aug 2013, 6:25 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Not in the squad today.  Injured or fucking off?
According to OS he has an infected cut and they didn't want to risk him.
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4853

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:38 am

Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25450
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  KoelJagz on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:31 am

Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:we want £30m apparently - so he's staying then? afro 

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/everton-to-tell-united-they-want-30million-for-fellaini-27245/
Be pretty crushing for Moyes if he couldnt get Fellaini either before the close of window..Very Happy 

I think also Utd should sell Rooney to take the pressure off Moyes. Then any failings this season can be blamed on the departure of Rooney.

Number of posts : 26813
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top