17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 9:43 am

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:He's been played too deep to be effective going forward.
When there are more players back he will be back to battering corner flags again.

Agreed - his greatest attribute is his late arrival into the box. However, numbers simply mean he is having to play a more disciplined role and so he is not able to do the one thing he is very, very good at so frequently. As Moyes gets more players back, players can revert to playing in their natural positions once more.

Number of posts : 13098
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duncs pigeons on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 10:15 am

I agree he was out of position but that doesnt excuse him going missing...he never gave Gosling any help and he seems to lack energy.This doesnt make him a scapegoat as I have always rated him...he struggles in a 4 man midfield and should be played accordingly...
duncs pigeons

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 10:21 am

duncs pigeons wrote:Made captain last night and one of the more experienced players on show but showed no willingness to help out Gosling who was clearly targeted in the second half..he seems a shadow of the player of old...he's never been the best in a 4 man midfield but some of his performances lately have been shocking...

I agree with you on Cahill. But Saha aside, Ive not been particularly impressed with any of our players this season. What frustates me is I actually believe this the best squad Moyes has had but for some reason we've been crap since day one this season!

We were due a complete pasting last night even before our freak injuries this week - our all round team performances have been dire and we look like a bunch of players who have never played together before.

You had to feel for poor Seamus Coleman last night - probably didnt even have time to mentally prepare for the game and had a total nightmare. If he never plays for Everton again - that will be people's one memory of him!
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 11:09 am

Dixie Land wrote:He is still a hugely important player for us. Against BATE we would not have won if it wasnt for him. He hasnt been as good as he has been in other seasons but neither have most of our players. Last night was a bad, bad day at the office for the entire team and I cant blame one player who was being played out of position. Perhaps he does need a break and perhaps his mind is half on the World Cup but, as I said, he is still vitally important for us.

Nor me so I blame Howard, Coleman, Distin, Rodwell, Fellaini, Cahill, Bilyaletdinov, Jo, Yakubu and Saha - especially Coleman - blew his big chance, IMO, he'll never make it. I thought Baxter was utter shite when he came on, too, and should have changed the game for us.

Oh, Cahill. Don't know? Maybe he was having a bad night or just playing against players who were a lot better than him? He's always bounded around like a kangaroo on heat, at times.
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 11:12 am

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:He's been played too deep to be effective going forward.

When there are more players back he will be back to battering corner flags again.

^ That ^

Simple as, really.

His goals are the biggest part of his game and he's not getting them so people think he's doing shite. I don't think he is, actually. In fact I'm almost more impressed with him for giving his all in positions that clearly don't suit him.
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 11:27 am

Bryan wrote:SCAPGEGOAT ALERT. This is not a LFC Forum.

I disagree. Read through this thread and people are making excuses up for him. He's been fuckin rubbish this season (and it pains me to say that cos I love the bloke).
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  detroitblue on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 11:34 am

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Bryan wrote:SCAPGEGOAT ALERT. This is not a LFC Forum.

I disagree. Read through this thread and people are making excuses up for him. He's been fuckin rubbish this season (and it pains me to say that cos I love the bloke).

One thing we should agree on, we can't play a four four two system with what players are available at the moment!
detroitblue

Number of posts : 6282
Registration date : 2006-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 11:38 am

The Griffin wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:He is still a hugely important player for us. Against BATE we would not have won if it wasnt for him. He hasnt been as good as he has been in other seasons but neither have most of our players. Last night was a bad, bad day at the office for the entire team and I cant blame one player who was being played out of position. Perhaps he does need a break and perhaps his mind is half on the World Cup but, as I said, he is still vitally important for us.

Nor me so I blame Howard, Coleman, Distin, Rodwell, Fellaini, Cahill, Bilyaletdinov, Jo, Yakubu and Saha - especially Coleman - blew his big chance, IMO, he'll never make it. I thought Baxter was utter shite when he came on, too, and should have changed the game for us.

Oh, Cahill. Don't know? Maybe he was having a bad night or just playing against players who were a lot better than him? He's always bounded around like a kangaroo on heat, at times.

I couldnt help but feel sorry for him. It was a big ask of him last night. Horror Debut and his confidence will be shot to pieces after that.

In all fairness Benfica are a very good attacking side and he was totally out of depth, as was Gosling!
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 12:15 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
The Griffin wrote:

I couldnt help but feel sorry for him. It was a big ask of him last night. Horror Debut and his confidence will be shot to pieces after that.

In all fairness Benfica are a very good attacking side and he was totally out of depth, as was Gosling!

He'll be alright!! Just looked like he got 'sucked in' for the first goal (it happens to better than him week in, week out in our average PL) and he then spent a bit too much time upfield.

I'm a better right back than Gosling.

We were beaten by a good attacking team and they could have scored 10 if they had wanted to, though I do think we'll give them 'what for' at Goodison, .
The Griffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  detroitblue on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 12:25 pm

The Griffin wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
The Griffin wrote:

He'll be alright!! Just looked like he got 'sucked in' for the first goal (it happens to better than him week in, week out in our average PL) and he then spent a bit too much time upfield.

We were beaten by a good attacking team and they could have scored 10 if they had wanted to, though I do think we'll give them 'what for' at Goodison, .

Suspect

Has your nose just grown an inch ?

Laughing
detroitblue

Number of posts : 6282
Registration date : 2006-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 12:31 pm

detroitblue wrote:
The Griffin wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
The Griffin wrote:

Suspect

Has your nose just grown an inch ?

Laughing

Embarassed (a foot, I'm typing this with it!)

In fairness to Gosling, Duncan Ferguson is a better right back than Gosling!
The Griffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 1:08 pm

Gosling will be playing for a mid-table fizzy pop team within a year.
Top Balcony Blue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 1:11 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:Gosling will be playing for a mid-table fizzy pop team within a year.

We will not be relegated!!
Super

Number of posts : 36087
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 1:30 pm

Cahill is just off form... it happens...

The problem is we don't have enough fit cover to leave him warm the bench for a few weeks... if he hasn't pulled his finger out & got form back by the time Pieman, Arteta, Pip, Ossie, etc are back he should be dropped like anyone else who is out of the zone.

Even though ... and I do agree he's been shit lately I don't blame him... If anyone we have to look at the people that make funds available to get playable cover in the squad.. and I mean PLAYABLE cover, not squaddies like Mustafa etc...

Give Cahill a break lads... he's true blue
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33362
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 2:07 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Cahill is just off form... it happens...

The problem is we don't have enough fit cover to leave him warm the bench for a few weeks... if he hasn't pulled his finger out & got form back by the time Pieman, Arteta, Pip, Ossie, etc are back he should be dropped like anyone else who is out of the zone.

Even though ... and I do agree he's been shit lately I don't blame him... If anyone we have to look at the people that make funds available to get playable cover in the squad.. and I mean PLAYABLE cover, not squaddies like Mustafa etc...

Give Cahill a break lads... he's true blue

Of course he is, but he's been shite this season. That's just how it is. And last night when we needed our captain and talisman to stand up and lead the way, he went missing. Off form or not, hero or not, that is unacceptable.
Top Balcony Blue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazbow on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 2:23 pm

In comparison to Fell 'away' ni he's been awesome.
Gazbow

Number of posts : 18425

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 2:41 pm

Gazbow and the Dove wrote:In comparison to Fell 'away' ni he's been awesome.

...is the worng answer!
Top Balcony Blue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 3:05 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:

...is the worng answer!

Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 3:15 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:

...is the worng answer!

I dont think I saw Fellaini give the ball away more than twice yesterday which is one hell of alot better than the rest of them. Cahill is in need of a rest and Felli can play in a 442 alongside Rodwell so that would sort things at the weekend for me. If Piennar can get back we can play him and Bily on the wings with Felli and Jack in the middle. Would allow us to play our best 2 strikers (Saha and Yak) and Moyes can sort the fucking defense out himself. Im not doing everything for him!!! Very Happy
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20991
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 3:18 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:

...is the worng answer!

I dont think I saw Fellaini give the ball away more than twice yesterday which is one hell of alot better than the rest of them. Cahill is in need of a rest and Felli can play in a 442 alongside Rodwell so that would sort things at the weekend for me. If Piennar can get back we can play him and Bily on the wings with Felli and Jack in the middle. Would allow us to play our best 2 strikers (Saha and Yak) and Moyes can sort the fucking defense out himself. Im not doing everything for him!!! Very Happy

Fellaini fucked up for their second but to say Cahill has been awesome in comparison is just plain worng wrong. Sorry Gaz.
Top Balcony Blue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 3:20 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:

...is the worng answer!

Rest the fucked & knackered defenders & give Lucas & Johnnie a run...

Ok Davey... your job is complete... send the cheques to M4G & Dixie courtesy 606 Evertonians ... thanks !
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 3:21 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:

...is the worng answer!

Rest the fucked & knackered defenders & give Lucas & Johnnie a run...

Ok Davey... your job is complete... send the cheques to M4G & Dixie courtesy 606 Evertonians ... thanks !

cheers cheers cheers
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 3:21 pm

Monday morning on here...

Spoiler:
M4G & Dixie OUT!!
Top Balcony Blue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 3:22 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:Monday morning on here...

Spoiler:
M4G & Dixie OUT!!

We might as well fook off now. Very Happy
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 3:26 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:Monday morning on here...

Spoiler:
M4G & Dixie OUT!!

We might as well fook off now. Very Happy
where's my coat Very Happy clown
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top