17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Super on Wed 28 Oct 2009, 10:57 am

Cahill the Absolute F**ki wrote:Ive long thought the constant trips to Australia would become an issue for Cahill. At 29, I think the frequent trips back and forth are beginning to take their toll. He's been really bad this season and this is perhaps the main reason why.

Nice name change!!!!
Super

Number of posts : 36087
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Wed 28 Oct 2009, 11:32 am

Super wrote:
Cahill the Absolute F**ki wrote:Ive long thought the constant trips to Australia would become an issue for Cahill. At 29, I think the frequent trips back and forth are beginning to take their toll. He's been really bad this season and this is perhaps the main reason why.

Nice name change!!!!

Maybe I should take the 'I' off the end! Just realised the 'Knackered' bit doesnt display!
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Wed 28 Oct 2009, 11:33 am

Cahill the Absolute F**ki wrote:
Super wrote:

Nice name change!!!!

Maybe I should take the 'I' off the end! Just realised the 'Knackered' bit doesnt display!

Cahill the Fucked will do I reckon.

Number of posts : 13098
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Wed 28 Oct 2009, 11:40 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Super wrote:

Nice name change!!!!

Sensible. I will keep this name untill he regains his form!
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Wed 28 Oct 2009, 11:44 am

Cahill the F**ked wrote:
Super wrote:

Nice name change!!!!

Hopefully this will be this season's turning point!! a la Pip's tackle on the winker last season.
Super

Number of posts : 36087
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Wed 28 Oct 2009, 11:45 am

Super wrote:
Cahill the F**ked wrote:
Super wrote:

Nice name change!!!!

I've taken Timmy out of my Fantasy Football team now - taking one for the team and all that (combined with the fact he's scoring me fuck all points).

Hopefully this will be this season's turning point!! a la Pip's tackle on the winker last season.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tim Cahill

Post  Bryan on Sun 06 Dec 2009, 7:49 pm

Happy Birthday sunshine, thanks for today.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14335
Registration date : 2006-01-30

View user profile http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboblatch on Sun 06 Dec 2009, 8:15 pm

Thought he was going to cry after scoring today!!! I know i was...
fatboblatch

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2007-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Sun 06 Dec 2009, 8:15 pm

How he saw that ball and reacted in time I'll never know. But that's what he does best and we haven't seen nearly enough of it this season.
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike on Sun 06 Dec 2009, 8:23 pm

Happy Birthday

Good to see him get on the score sheet. He's had to sacrifice that part of his game of late.
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Sun 06 Dec 2009, 8:28 pm

His touch and hold up play were really good today, imho. Nice early ball through for jo to mess up as well.
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike on Sun 06 Dec 2009, 9:18 pm

Tonteau wrote:His touch and hold up play were really good today, imho. Nice early ball through for jo to mess up as well.
Yeah, better from Tin today. Clattered into a few tasty challenges too (as did the big hairy one, whose looking much better playing deeper in the midfield).

Jo's really frustrating me at the minute. I think there's a good player in there. His movement off the ball is excellent, drifting into space and giving the midfield options, and when he does get hold of it and turn he can use it well (like the assist in Athens). However, he's too weak to play a 'hold up' role and either gives up far too easily or falls over when challenged with his back to goal and a defender closes him (he needs space to turn and be effective, something defenders aren't going to give him in the Premier League). Whacking balls up to him isn't much use as he won't make it stick up there. He needs to be turned around and played into feet facing goal. We haven't played this way for a while (it would really need Arteta back) and so he's useless to us at the minute. Might be better suited to another league (like the Russian PL!).
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Riggy on Sun 06 Dec 2009, 11:59 pm

Tim really fucked me off today with his booking! what a pointless booking love the guy but he knows better. If he had clattered Dawson or someone fair enough but a poxy fucking trip was awful in the situation we are.
Riggy

Number of posts : 7051
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey on Mon 07 Dec 2009, 12:40 am

Riggy wrote:Tim really fucked me off today with his booking! what a pointless booking love the guy but he knows better. If he had clattered Dawson or someone fair enough but a poxy fucking trip was awful in the situation we are.

he's always done it. He's like Fellaini in that respect. Loads of stupid yellows.
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey on Mon 07 Dec 2009, 12:45 am

MagicMike wrote:
Tonteau wrote:His touch and hold up play were really good today, imho. Nice early ball through for jo to mess up as well.
Yeah, better from Tin today. Clattered into a few tasty challenges too (as did the big hairy one, whose looking much better playing deeper in the midfield).

Jo's really frustrating me at the minute. I think there's a good player in there. His movement off the ball is excellent, drifting into space and giving the midfield options, and when he does get hold of it and turn he can use it well (like the assist in Athens). However, he's too weak to play a 'hold up' role and either gives up far too easily or falls over when challenged with his back to goal and a defender closes him (he needs space to turn and be effective, something defenders aren't going to give him in the Premier League). Whacking balls up to him isn't much use as he won't make it stick up there. He needs to be turned around and played into feet facing goal. We haven't played this way for a while (it would really need Arteta back) and so he's useless to us at the minute. Might be better suited to another league (like the Russian PL!).

I can't make my mind up on him. I want to see him with the better ball players in the squad before making a judgement, but firstly, from a coaching point of view, keeping himself onside would be a start. he's giving too much possession away for that alone. He has good skill and movement but seems to lack pace, guile and strength. The latter two he can aquire. If it were me making a decision today. I would say no as he isn't quick enough for this league.
Bluey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Mon 07 Dec 2009, 8:29 am

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
MagicMike wrote:

I can't make my mind up on him. I want to see him with the better ball players in the squad before making a judgement, but firstly, from a coaching point of view, keeping himself onside would be a start. he's giving too much possession away for that alone. He has good skill and movement but seems to lack pace, guile and strength. The latter two he can aquire. If it were me making a decision today. I would say no as he isn't quick enough for this league.

He's a 17m striker, don't you know!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Mon 07 Dec 2009, 10:09 am

Riggy wrote:Tim really fucked me off today with his booking! what a pointless booking love the guy but he knows better. If he had clattered Dawson or someone fair enough but a poxy fucking trip was awful in the situation we are.

I'll be honest, I thought that was a worthwhile foul (I know, I know, I'm scum). You knew lennon (or was it defoe?) Either way one of their tricky little buggers was running clean through at the defence and would get brought down later on in that move. He took one for the team, we won't be getting anything out of chelsea next week, cahill or not, and he needs a rest.
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Mon 07 Dec 2009, 10:12 am

MagicMike wrote:

Think Jo will just work better with a striker playing with him. He's never a lone striker, despite being a loan striker.

He needs to harden up and get a bit of match sharpness. A goal would do him good as he's clearly a confidence player but essentially he's just not what we need right now.
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Cahill

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Mon 28 Dec 2009, 9:34 pm

Assuming his injury isn't a bad one, might be a blessing in disguise that he sits out a few games. He's been fuckin rubbish this season, and yet again today he spent more time whinging to the ref for free kicks than actually contributing to our play. It seems he's immune to stick with a lot of blues, but the likes of Fellaini, Baines, Bily, Hibbo and Ossie are all fair game. I like Cahill don't get me wrong, but his attitude even as captain has been really poor recently.
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 28 Dec 2009, 9:37 pm

With Pip back in the side, maybe we'll field a "proper" 4-4-2 with Cahill out?
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66072
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Mon 28 Dec 2009, 9:41 pm

Moyes (per BBC) said injury wasn't serious and both Tim and Saha should be available for the next game.... so sorry
mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17163
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 28 Dec 2009, 9:44 pm

duffyyercarmister? wrote:Moyes (per BBC) said injury wasn't serious and both Tim and Saha should be available for the next game.... so sorry
Maybe time to shake things up a bit none the less.

And what abput Jo? Is he injured or was he on the bench today? Can't see him getting a contract with us.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66072
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Mon 28 Dec 2009, 9:46 pm

Drop him instead then!
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey on Mon 28 Dec 2009, 9:52 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:Assuming his injury isn't a bad one, might be a blessing in disguise that he sits out a few games. He's been fuckin rubbish this season, and yet again today he spent more time whinging to the ref for free kicks than actually contributing to our play. It seems he's immune to stick with a lot of blues, but the likes of Fellaini, Baines, Bily, Hibbo and Ossie are all fair game. I like Cahill don't get me wrong, but his attitude even as captain has been really poor recently.

It's a lack of choice. With the players we have out, Moyes has one fit striker. Saha. Only now is there any option other than kids. The yak is and should only be bit part for the rest of the season. We are down to bare bones again. Cahill, I am utterly convinced is playing injured, not a form issue for me at all, he isn't moving freely. Bit like ossie last year playing mostly like year injured but cannot train.
Bluey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Tue 29 Dec 2009, 7:26 am

i think people forget what a long season cahill had last season,for a couple of months cahill played as striker
when the yak got injured ,along with the fa cup final and travels to austrailia i think cahill needs a break ,their's nothing physically wrong with him just needs a couple weeks off.

anyone hear phil(concord)thompson's comments on gillette soccer yesterday afternoon,
thompson made a comment regards to fellaini surgesting most evertonian's don't like him or his style.
sefton

Number of posts : 9362
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top