19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  MagicMike on Wed 30 Jun 2010, 5:00 pm

Signed a five year deal according to Strasbourg's website.

http://www.rcstrasbourg.fr/actu1_det.php?art=7119&rub=1
avatar
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Age : 983
Location : Liverpool/Kenilworth
Registration date : 2006-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  Dixie Land on Wed 30 Jun 2010, 5:02 pm

MagicMike wrote:Signed a five year deal for Man City according to Strasbourg's website.

http://www.rcstrasbourg.fr/actu1_det.php?art=7119&rub=1

avatar
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20991
Age : 39
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 30 Jun 2010, 5:38 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
MagicMike wrote:Signed a five year deal for Man City according to Strasbourg's website.

http://www.rcstrasbourg.fr/actu1_det.php?art=7119&rub=1

lol! lol! lol!
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66072
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  Tonteau on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 12:50 am

official: http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/06/30/blues-tie-up-gueye-deal


The Blues beat off reported interest from clubs in the Premier League and in France to secure the services of the forward on a five-year deal. The French Under-21 star, 20 next week, scored nine times for the French second division outfit last term and arrives at Goodison for an undisclosed fee. Gueye progressed through the Strasbourg youth system, making his debut in November 2008 at the age of just 18. He became a regular starter last season, notching goals in each of the first six games before missing large parts of the rest of the campaign with groin and then knee injuries. Gueye has also played for his country at Under-16 and Under-19 level and follows fellow strikers Jermaine Beckford and Joao Silva in joining the Blues this summer.
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 2:19 am

More good news. I'm getting very excited about these signings. Granted they are not established EPL players, but it's good to see we are adding bodies to a thin squad.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66072
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  Armchair on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 7:20 am

July 1st and Moyes has signed 4 players already affraid
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18512
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  Diamond on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 9:23 am

This tells me that maybe Moyes doesnt have the big money (10 - 15 million) to sign a provern quality striker which we probably need. so what he has done is spent less then 2 million on two promising young strikers who might make the step up, if they both or one of them end up maing the grade it would have een very clever, if not then we are not going to lose much. Of course there is Beckford as well who he is probably banking on more in ther short term. The other way of looking at it is Saha has only got a year or two left at the vey top Yak might end up going so it will be good to get some younger players in who can learn their trade of these two and end up replacing in the next 2 - 3 years.

I am fairly happy with these signing especially if we can keep hold of Yak, all wee need now is for Arteta and Piennar to sign and we can go into the new season optimisitc especially if Moyes an get another Midfield player in.
avatar
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941
Age : 45
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  Tonteau on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 10:43 am

Diamond wrote:This tells me that maybe Moyes doesnt have the big money (10 - 15 million) to sign a provern quality striker which we probably need. so what he has done is spent less then 2 million on two promising young strikers who might make the step up, if they both or one of them end up maing the grade it would have een very clever, if not then we are not going to lose much. Of course there is Beckford as well who he is probably banking on more in ther short term. The other way of looking at it is Saha has only got a year or two left at the vey top Yak might end up going so it will be good to get some younger players in who can learn their trade of these two and end up replacing in the next 2 - 3 years.

I am fairly happy with these signing especially if we can keep hold of Yak, all wee need now is for Arteta and Piennar to sign and we can go into the new season optimisitc especially if Moyes an get another Midfield player in.

You don't say! Very Happy
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  Mr_Ben on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 12:26 pm

The 5ft 10in striker battled back from his knee injury, scoring in the final game of the season as his side were relegated to the French third tier.

He'll find it cold in Motherwell when he is playing up there next season
avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18327
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  The Griffin on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 12:34 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
The 5ft 10in striker battled back from his knee injury, scoring in the final game of the season as his side were relegated to the French third tier.

He'll find it cold in Motherwell when he is playing up there next season

As he's French, send him to Coventry......... bounce
avatar
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Age : 57
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  Blue gazza on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 12:37 pm

Diamond wrote:This tells me that maybe Moyes doesnt have the big money (10 - 15 million) to sign a provern quality striker which we probably need. so what he has done is spent less then 2 million on two promising young strikers who might make the step up, if they both or one of them end up maing the grade it would have een very clever, if not then we are not going to lose much. Of course there is Beckford as well who he is probably banking on more in ther short term. The other way of looking at it is Saha has only got a year or two left at the vey top Yak might end up going so it will be good to get some younger players in who can learn their trade of these two and end up replacing in the next 2 - 3 years.

I am fairly happy with these signing especially if we can keep hold of Yak, all wee need now is for Arteta and Piennar to sign and we can go into the new season optimisitc especially if Moyes an get another Midfield player in.

being optimistic, i say he is keeping it all for 1 or 2 "named" players Very Happy
avatar
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6984
Age : 56
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 12:45 pm

The singing fans will love him...

Nah nah nah nah,
nah nah nah nah,
Hey Hey Hey
Mah Gah Guy

in broad scouse It'll be the new theme to MOTD
avatar
mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17163
Age : 951
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 12:46 pm

mindyerho? wrote:The singing fans will love him...

Nah nah nah nah,
nah nah nah nah,
Hey Hey Hey
Mah Gah Guy

in broad scouse It'll be the new theme to MOTD

actually it sounds like the words to a Lady Gaga song.....
avatar
mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17163
Age : 951
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  RhinoJagz on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 1:25 pm

Either Moyes has been left to scrap around the bargain bin this summer or he's set in stone some exciting youth purchase blueprint for the future!

You decide?

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26846
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 1:58 pm

Bluejags wrote:Either Moyes has been left to scrap around the bargain bin this summer or he's set in stone some exciting youth purchase blueprint for the future!

You decide?
I think the first statement is true, and I'm hoping the second statement will prove to be correct.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66072
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  TD's Powder of Sympathy on Tue 13 Jul 2010, 2:53 am

Wouldn't normally do this but this is rather obvious:

Pastiche of Diana Ross' My Guy

Nothing you can do could tear the ball away from Magaye (Magaye)
Nothing you can do, 'cause its stuck like glue to Magaye (Magaye)
Its sticking to Magaye like a stamp to a letter
Like birds of a feather, it sticks together
I'm tellin' you from the start
It can't be torn apart from Magaye

.... There's not a man today who can take it away from Magaye!!

_________________
Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
avatar
TD's Powder of Sympathy

Number of posts : 19965
Age : 56
Location : Wirral
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Tue 13 Jul 2010, 11:49 am

Toffee Dan wrote:Wouldn't normally do this but this is rather obvious:

Pastiche of Diana Ross' My Guy

Nothing you can say could tear the ball away from Magaye (Magaye)
Nothing you can do, 'cause its stuck like glue to Magaye (Magaye)
Its sticking to Magaye like a stamp to a letter
Like birds of a feather, it sticks together
I'm tellin' you from the start
It can't be torn apart from Magaye

.... There's not a man today who can take it away from Magaye!!

very good
avatar
mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17163
Age : 951
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  Bluey on Tue 20 Jul 2010, 6:09 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
Toffee Dan wrote:Wouldn't normally do this but this is rather obvious:

Pastiche of Diana Ross' My Guy

Nothing you can say could tear the ball away from Magaye (Magaye)
Nothing you can do, 'cause its stuck like glue to Magaye (Magaye)
Its sticking to Magaye like a stamp to a letter
Like birds of a feather, it sticks together
I'm tellin' you from the start
It can't be torn apart from Magaye

.... There's not a man today who can take it away from Magaye!!

very good

Or the winner may just be

Sunday Monday Magaye Gueye, Tuesday Wednesday Magaye Gueye, Thursday Friday Magaye Gueye, Saturday, Magaye Gueye rocking all week with you !.... lol!

Fonzie would love it.
avatar
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Age : 52
Location : Shropshire
Registration date : 2005-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  MagicMike on Tue 20 Jul 2010, 6:12 pm

Songs aside, it's interesting that Vaughan and Silva have both gone to Scotland with the ressies but Gueye has stayed with the first team.
avatar
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Age : 983
Location : Liverpool/Kenilworth
Registration date : 2006-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  Bluey on Tue 20 Jul 2010, 6:34 pm

MagicMike wrote:Songs aside, it's interesting that Vaughan and Silva have both gone to Scotland with the ressies but Gueye has stayed with the first team.

I was really impressed with the lad. Big and strong, quick, left footed and happy to run at defenders. I really think we will see a lot of this kid this year.
avatar
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Age : 52
Location : Shropshire
Registration date : 2005-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  My other LB is a Ferrari on Mon 26 Jul 2010, 7:07 pm

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
MagicMike wrote:Songs aside, it's interesting that Vaughan and Silva have both gone to Scotland with the ressies but Gueye has stayed with the first team.

I was really impressed with the lad. Big and strong, quick, left footed and happy to run at defenders. I really think we will see a lot of this kid this year.

How old is he ?
avatar
My other LB is a Ferrari

Number of posts : 1307
Age : 40
Location : Esher
Registration date : 2006-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  The President on Mon 26 Jul 2010, 7:58 pm

My other LB is a Ferrari wrote:
Blueyaletdinov wrote:
MagicMike wrote:Songs aside, it's interesting that Vaughan and Silva have both gone to Scotland with the ressies but Gueye has stayed with the first team.

I was really impressed with the lad. Big and strong, quick, left footed and happy to run at defenders. I really think we will see a lot of this kid this year.

How old is he ?

Just turned 20
avatar
The President

Number of posts : 11448
Age : 57
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  RhinoJagz on Mon 26 Jul 2010, 8:36 pm

If he turns out to be an absolute steal we may not need to sign anymore attacking options.

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26846
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  Tonteau on Mon 26 Jul 2010, 8:47 pm

Pacey: Check
Left Footed: Check
Happy to take people on: Think so.
Decent Crosser: Dunno, but he was taking corners in a few games, so possibly.
Young: Check
Potential to improve: Check

A classic Moyes buy. Now to string the Pienaar transfer out until the end of august and claim we had no time to spend the money.


avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  Armchair on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 7:50 am

So is he a winger rather than a striker?
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18512
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum