Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  RhinoJagz on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 5:07 pm

The President wrote:
Bluejags wrote:Disasterous. Absolutely disasterous. No guile, no precision. Bar a ten minute spell in second half plus injury we were second rate. Didnt deserve anything out of it. Ben Arfa was outstanding on the ball and Nolan and BArton covered every blade of grass.
Coleman surely has to start from next week but we were never going to win with a static front two like Fellaini and Yakubu although Yaks general play was ok.
Necastle were content to soak up the pressure in 2nd half and play on the break. Arteta, Heitinga and Osman were worse then rubbish.

This is serious now..

How can we be so poor?
Same players
Same Manager
hardly any Injuries
What is going on

1. Playing Fellaini upfront was just daft. He'd made a name for himself as a holding player now yet Moyes thinks booting it up to him is some wonderful tactic. Heitinga is not at the races so for that reason I blame Moyes today.

2. Playing Osman out right gives us no threat on the ball. He has no pace and easy to knock off the ball. I blame Moyes for playing them out there.

3. Arteta. No urgency, some woeful passing and lacking any desire. I blame the player. Sort it out.

4. Baines and Peinaar. Pienaar is his usual box of tricks but he's easy to bully off the ball and without and pace, cant get away from a marker. We get good value out of the pair when we break at pace but its a rare occurance.

5. Confidence. We dont have any! All the teams we've played so far have flooded their defence and challenged us to break them down. We couldnt. Newcastle are a hard working outfit but we made them look worldclass today.

Number of posts : 26871
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 5:09 pm

Drop Fellaini or bring him back just in front of the defence. Drop Heitinga. Drop Osman. Give Arteta a boot up the arse. Start Coleman. Start Yak and Beckford together. Give Gueye a go - look what Ben Arfa just did and nobody had heard of that fucker either.

Howard
Coleman Jags Distin Baines
Gueye Fellaini Arteta Pienaar
Yak Beckford
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23757
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 5:11 pm

We have to offer credit to Newcastle today, and Barton was very good, but we have forgotten how to score and the window is closed.
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 5:11 pm

If I go to the Sky Sports and read that the players such as Phill, Areta or Peanuts can turn it around and claim the league etc I might go nuts.

Stop talking and do it.
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 5:12 pm

BB wrote:We have to offer credit to Newcastle today, and Barton was very good, but we have forgotten how to score and the window is closed.

No offence but fuck Newcastle I hate them and the best fans in the world. We made them look great. Blackpool did what was needed and beat them........we let them look like Barca at times.
Sheep Flavour

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 5:13 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:Poor, fair play to The Toon though

We didn't look like we would score if we played all night.

Subs at HT were strange, is Beckford now officially shit.
yes
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33601

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 5:13 pm

....and I've got zero points in Tipster so far...
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 5:13 pm

Sheep Flavour wrote:If I go to the Sky Sports and read that the players such as Phill, Areta or Peanuts can turn it around and claim the league etc I might go nuts.

Stop talking and do it.

That wont be til Thursday.

We will hear how devastated and confused there all are for next few days.

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 5:13 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

yes

He didnt get a single chance.

Back to top Go down

Post  He's Our Tater Not Yours on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 5:14 pm

Too soon for a cheeky Moyes out shout?

It's going to take me weeks to work out the tactics today, especially what he was doing with Fellaini. I fully expect it to be on the next entry exam for Oxford and Cambridge. Tactically we went back years today!

Least there's no more papering over cracks, time for major changes.
He's Our Tater Not Yours

Number of posts : 9158

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 5:15 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Drop Fellaini or bring him back just in front of the defence. Drop Heitinga. Drop Osman. Give Arteta a boot up the arse. Start Coleman. Start Yak and Beckford together. Give Gueye a go - look what Ben Arfa just did and nobody had heard of that fucker either.

Howard
Coleman Jags Distin Baines
Gueye Fellaini Arteta Pienaar
Yak Beckford

I'd even drop Jags and put Heitinga back in defence. He was rubbish yet again, and Howard was frustrating in the way he continued to hoof it, so he can sit down too. Fellaini should be allowed to play in his best position. Putting him up front is desperate.

Was Cahill injured today?
BB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 5:15 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

yes

1 He is not a target man
2. We start playing quick balls when we take him off and put the Yak on so no pace up front. Rolling Eyes
Sheep Flavour

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 5:16 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

yes

he has no vision... out of his depth... loan him to Bath city
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33601

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 5:18 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Bluejags wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

yes

he has no vision... out of his depth... loan him to Bath city

He can't score if he isn't given the ball. Our passing was terrible.

We need to punish players and drop them. Our squad is big enough to do this now, but Moyes needs to be strong.
BB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 5:53 pm

so, where do we go from here? blame the players? blame moyes? blame the chairman? or just wait for it to improve? going for a while I decide on my strategy
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25582

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 5:58 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:so, where do we go from here? blame the players? blame moyes? blame the chairman? or just wait for it to improve? going for a while I decide on my strategy

The chairman should not be in this list.

Granted we all know about his lack of funds but after our come back V Utd we should never of thrown this away V a team who were made to look good by us this had nothing to do with Kenwright.

Moyes has to take blame, playing people like Osman and Hibbert when clearly there are better players and so defensive at home agisnt what was a Championship side.

The players have to take blame. Jags woeful, Johnny like a headless chicken and the list goes on.

Sheep Flavour

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 5:58 pm

Everton 0-1 Newcastle:
Phil McNulty reports: "Newcastle may have survived a couple of late scares but they were deserved winners. Everton felt the full force of Goodison Park's fury at the final whistle."

Sheep Flavour

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 6:31 pm

scratch I've done so much scratch I've got splinters

Such promise down the pan already this season.

The President

Number of posts : 11530
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 6:33 pm

I didn't think Jags was that bad. Distin was okay too. But I agree, we really have to be more ambitious, which means starting with two flying full backs at home. If we start with Coleman on the right, then I think Osman could be okay on the right side of midfield, but I'd really like to see someone else given a go. Fellaini simply has to play in his best position, or he shouldn't play at all, cos he's a fucking liability anywhere beyond defensive midfield, and if he's up front we end up hoofing it to his bonce Big Dunc style which is just shit.

Hietinga needs to take a good look at himself. He's been crap since the World Cup, and isn't worth his place at the moment. So fucking drop him Moyes! Gutted that Rodwell is out for so long, we could really do with him now, but there you go.

Why can't we start with Yak and Beckford up front at home? They're very different players. Yak is such a handful that he would allow more space for Beckford. And Beckford makes some lovely nippy runs, so we could have the best of both worlds?

Anyway, in summary, FUCK OFF EVERTON YOU FUCKING FUCKERS! and SACK MOYLES!!!!
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 6:48 pm

Moyes honest as usual:

I would have booed as well after that performance
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 6:53 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Moyes honest as usual:

Being honest is great, but is he going to do something about it, or will he simply warn the players who have been unable to win a match in 5 attempts. Why have a squad and not use it?

Drop people. End of.
BB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 7:56 pm

BB wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Moyes honest as usual:

Being honest is great, but is he going to do something about it, or will he simply warn the players who have been unable to win a match in 5 attempts. Why have a squad and not use it?

Drop people. End of.

Yeah, proof of the pudding and all that. He has to change something. Not just with personnel but with tactics too. We were outplayed today, no doubt about. At the moment we look like a mid-table side on a bad run. BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  TD's Powder of Sympathy on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 8:55 pm

Problem 1: Cahill injured today - poor in midfield / forward combat zone
Problem 2: Yak not fit enough for 90mins - solution - start him not bring him on to chase a game (no matter how ordinary you think the opposition is)
Problem 3: No other half-fit or half-decent forward to choose from (Silva not ready, Beckford out of his depth, Saha and Anichebe out, Cahill injured, Vaughan on loan...)
Problem 4: Heitinga was awful in the midfield - Fellaini was hoisted up front to little effect as we ceded the midfield battle to 2 yarddogs (Nolan and Barton - both of whom have pulled this trick before at Goodison (anyone remember Bolton turning us over 4-0 a few years ago?))
Problem 5: Manager too frightened (see Yak) to start Coleman, pick Gueye....too unwilling to either pick the muscle-free Billy or move Arteta out to right wing to lend some class there. Distin should be dumped for a while (see also 'no Yobo' option)

Any other Problems? Probably. Any solutions - not sure.. Bring Neville back (somewhere in the team) to give the team a good barking to?

Howard played well, Pienaar, Arteta so so. Fellaini worked hard to rectify the situation but we once again outfought. Baines didn't contribute enough going forward... God I'm depressed now.

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
TD's Powder of Sympathy

Number of posts : 19984

View user profile http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  paul on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 10:11 pm

just got back from the game, we were well and truly shit today, same story howard to distin long to felli they win it, work it back to distin long to felli etc etc, a real lack of creativity, the three times i remember us doing triangles and playing the ball we had 3 good chances (yak/felli at the end, osman in the first half)

dunno what's been said but no idea why he took off hibbo who was having a decent game and left osman on, who was largely invisible for a lot of the match, a ridiculous decision
paul

Number of posts : 6879
Registration date : 2006-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 19 Sep 2010, 12:25 am

Should Moyes have kept Hibbo on and brought Coleman on in place of Osman? Coleman looked shakey as a defender but didn't seem to have the freedom to attack as much as he (or we) would have liked? After all, Bily and Osman are both equally fucking shit, so playing Coleman there would hardly be a risk. And if we are going to play Heitinga, play him at centre back? Jags hasn't been great so far this season - even Distin looked better against the Barcodes.

Howard
Hibbo Heitinga Distin Baines
Coleman Arteta Fellaini Cahill Pienaar
Yak

?
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content