Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Fri 19 Nov 2010, 3:05 pm

The Griffin wrote:

Agreed - and a full time deal. Means he can help look after his kid, too.
What ever came of that? I haven't heard anything in ages.

A permanent deal would be the better option, but he'd have a rather low sell on valule - not that it has stopped Moyes in the past though (Disitin for instance).
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Armchair on Fri 19 Nov 2010, 4:08 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
The Griffin wrote:

Agreed - and a full time deal. Means he can help look after his kid, too.
What ever came of that? I haven't heard anything in ages.

A permanent deal would be the better option, but he'd have a rather low sell on valule - not that it has stopped Moyes in the past though (Disitin for instance).

And Bily lol!
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18372
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Fri 19 Nov 2010, 5:36 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
The Griffin wrote:

Agreed - and a full time deal. Means he can help look after his kid, too.
What ever came of that? I haven't heard anything in ages.

A permanent deal would be the better option, but he'd have a rather low sell on valule - not that it has stopped Moyes in the past though (Disitin for instance).

And Bily lol!
Bily would be NO sell on value. Wink Laughing
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Sheep Flavour on Sat 20 Nov 2010, 1:19 pm

Arsenal look good, still see them bottling it come febuary away to wolves or someone shit like that
avatar
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Age : 37
Location : Wales
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 20 Nov 2010, 2:11 pm

Not a big surprise really that we are interested. The difference compared to last year though is that now we have Coleman on the right.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Sat 20 Nov 2010, 5:25 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Not a big surprise really that we are interested. The difference compared to last year though is that now we have Coleman on the right.

Just imagine with Coleman at RB and Donovan at RM?
avatar
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3886
Age : 161
Location : Aldershot
Registration date : 2008-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Sheep Flavour on Sat 20 Nov 2010, 5:29 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Not a big surprise really that we are interested. The difference compared to last year though is that now we have Coleman on the right.

Just imagine with Coleman at RB and Donovan at RM?

Coleman and Donovan can be the new Peanuts and Baines on the left?
avatar
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Age : 37
Location : Wales
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  BB on Sat 20 Nov 2010, 5:58 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Not a big surprise really that we are interested. The difference compared to last year though is that now we have Coleman on the right.

Just imagine with Coleman at RB and Donovan at RM?

Our right side would be vulnerable. We'd have a Right Back who isn't in the same league defensively as Tony Hibbert, and a striker on the Right Wing who has little understanding of the teams style of play.

We could play any number of players on the right and see how they get on, but Moyes neither has the bottle nor the vision. I still believe Coleman is only playing there because of fan pressure.
avatar
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Age : 49
Registration date : 2010-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 21 Nov 2010, 2:18 am

BB wrote:
SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Not a big surprise really that we are interested. The difference compared to last year though is that now we have Coleman on the right.

Just imagine with Coleman at RB and Donovan at RM?

Our right side would be vulnerable. We'd have a Right Back who isn't in the same league defensively as Tony Hibbert, and a striker on the Right Wing who has little understanding of the teams style of play.

We could play any number of players on the right and see how they get on, but Moyes neither has the bottle nor the vision. I still believe Coleman is only playing there because of fan pressure.
Fan pressure? Are you saying that you think that Moyes is playing Coleman because of fan pressure? I really doubt that. I think Moyes play whoever he thinks is the best option.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  notepad on Tue 14 Dec 2010, 4:24 pm

Report in the Metro saying Clint Dempsey has been tapping him up for Fulham??
avatar
notepad

Number of posts : 5166
Age : 34
Location : Lost somewhere between destiny and obscurity!
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 14 Dec 2010, 7:13 pm

notepad wrote:Report in the Metro saying Clint Dempsey has been tapping him up for Fulham??
With Howard tapping him up for us. Laughing
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  The Griffin on Wed 15 Dec 2010, 12:30 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
notepad wrote:Report in the Metro saying Clint Dempsey has been tapping him up for Fulham??
With Howard tapping him up for us. Laughing

LA is just down the road from you, in American terms. Get yourself over to his gaff and say; "Oi, Donovan, Noooooo! You may very well be fleet of foot with a perma-tan to give any tanning salon in Orrell Park a bad case of the jitters but don't you get cottaging anywhere near my Goodison Park region or I'll get the boys from 606 to give you something else to think about than a case of ring sting up West." Then give him a slap and tell him to sign the contract!
avatar
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Age : 57
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 15 Dec 2010, 1:37 am

The Griffin wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
notepad wrote:Report in the Metro saying Clint Dempsey has been tapping him up for Fulham??
With Howard tapping him up for us. Laughing

LA is just down the road from you, in American terms. Get yourself over to his gaff and say; "Oi, Donovan, Noooooo! You may very well be fleet of foot with a perma-tan to give any tanning salon in Orrell Park a bad case of the jitters but don't you get cottaging anywhere near my Goodison Park region or I'll get the boys from 606 to give you something else to think about than a case of ring sting up West." Then give him a slap and tell him to sign the contract!
Laughing I'm all over that.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Super on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 10:44 am

Moyes believes Donovan is the man to add much needed spark to his stagnant attack this season - despite the Toffees' 2-1 win at title hopefuls Manchester City on Monday night.

The United States captain looks likely to return to Goodison Park for what would be a second loan spell after joining the club around this time last season.

However, the deal is not quite done and dusted with Fulham manager Mark Hughes keen to take the battle for Donovan to the wire by offering improved terms to the American's parent club.

Donovan himself appears keen to rejoin Everton - rather than go to London, though.

And on Twitter during last night's game at Eastlands, the striker praised Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard and expressed his continuing support for the Merseysiders.

'Up the Toffees!' he wrote on his micro-blogging page.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/851047-landon-donovan-closing-in-on-everton-loan-despite-fulham-interest#ixzz18k3SwvPm
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35971
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 1:50 pm

Super wrote:
Moyes believes Donovan is the man to add much needed spark to his stagnant attack this season - despite the Toffees' 2-1 win at title hopefuls Manchester City on Monday night.

The United States captain looks likely to return to Goodison Park for what would be a second loan spell after joining the club around this time last season.

However, the deal is not quite done and dusted with Fulham manager Mark Hughes keen to take the battle for Donovan to the wire by offering improved terms to the American's parent club.

Donovan himself appears keen to rejoin Everton - rather than go to London, though.

And on Twitter during last night's game at Eastlands, the striker praised Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard and expressed his continuing support for the Merseysiders.

'Up the Toffees!' he wrote on his micro-blogging page.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/851047-landon-donovan-closing-in-on-everton-loan-despite-fulham-interest#ixzz18k3SwvPm
I'd defo have him back. Very Happy
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Valentino Blue on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 1:55 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Super wrote:
Moyes believes Donovan is the man to add much needed spark to his stagnant attack this season - despite the Toffees' 2-1 win at title hopefuls Manchester City on Monday night.

The United States captain looks likely to return to Goodison Park for what would be a second loan spell after joining the club around this time last season.

However, the deal is not quite done and dusted with Fulham manager Mark Hughes keen to take the battle for Donovan to the wire by offering improved terms to the American's parent club.

Donovan himself appears keen to rejoin Everton - rather than go to London, though.

And on Twitter during last night's game at Eastlands, the striker praised Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard and expressed his continuing support for the Merseysiders.

'Up the Toffees!' he wrote on his micro-blogging page.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/851047-landon-donovan-closing-in-on-everton-loan-despite-fulham-interest#ixzz18k3SwvPm
I'd defo have him back. Very Happy

shame that if we do get him it'll be whilst Cahill's away, he's got that same winning mentality as Tim does it'd be great to have two real driving forces in attack
avatar
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Age : 37
Location : The Gate
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  BB on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 2:16 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Not a big surprise really that we are interested. The difference compared to last year though is that now we have Coleman on the right.

Just imagine with Coleman at RB and Donovan at RM?

I'm thinking Moyes might shoot himself in the foot with Colemans development here. Will be interesting.
avatar
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Age : 49
Registration date : 2010-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Valentino Blue on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 3:41 pm

BB wrote:
SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Not a big surprise really that we are interested. The difference compared to last year though is that now we have Coleman on the right.

Just imagine with Coleman at RB and Donovan at RM?

I'm thinking Moyes might shoot himself in the foot with Colemans development here. Will be interesting.

I think at times Coleman would benefit from having a break, course Landon doesn't have to play on the right but if he did and we used Coleman as an impact sub it'd probably give him more opportunity to run at the tiring fullbacks who'd been faced up against Donovan for 60/70 mins already
avatar
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Age : 37
Location : The Gate
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 4:41 pm

Valentino Blue wrote:
BB wrote:
SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Not a big surprise really that we are interested. The difference compared to last year though is that now we have Coleman on the right.

Just imagine with Coleman at RB and Donovan at RM?

I'm thinking Moyes might shoot himself in the foot with Colemans development here. Will be interesting.

I think at times Coleman would benefit from having a break, course Landon doesn't have to play on the right but if he did and we used Coleman as an impact sub it'd probably give him more opportunity to run at the tiring fullbacks who'd been faced up against Donovan for 60/70 mins already
True since Coleman does love to take on the defender.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  tadpole on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 5:20 pm

i fear second season syndrome and donavan will come and be crap, theres more hype and expectation on his shoulders this time round

just look what happened to Jo Suspect
avatar
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Age : 37
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-11-02

View user profile http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 7:11 pm

tadpole wrote:i fear second season syndrome and donavan will come and be crap, theres more hype and expectation on his shoulders this time round

just look what happened to Jo Suspect
Maybe so, but he has a great work ethic and good technique as well as a good understanding of the game. Jo really only has good technique...
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 9:16 pm


_________________
avatar
Michael Crosby S74

Number of posts : 27999
Age : 37
Location : Preston
Registration date : 2005-10-13

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  notepad on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 9:19 pm

I never liked him anyway
avatar
notepad

Number of posts : 5166
Age : 34
Location : Lost somewhere between destiny and obscurity!
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 9:22 pm

As much as it "hurts", it does make sense for him to take the time off after playing so much much during the last 2 years.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  notepad on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 9:26 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
As much as it "hurts", it does make sense for him to take the time off after playing so much much during the last 2 years.

But an athlete's career is so short, you'd think they need to take any opportunity to show their potential?
avatar
notepad

Number of posts : 5166
Age : 34
Location : Lost somewhere between destiny and obscurity!
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum