DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Page 6 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  BB on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 7:57 pm

Diamond wrote:he's done miracles for us, we'd be seriously fucked without him. he's built the team and cultivated a family atmosphere which keeps our best players there when they could move on for more money.

tactically, i've always thought he needed to improve, as various humiliating beatings in europe and vs 10 men liverpool teams have shown. i dont think we should sack him at all, i do wonder if he should get a coach in that can introduce a better, more effective type of football though.

I'm in agreement that Moyes has done a very good job for us, but it's the job he needs to do for us now, that is his biggest challenge. He can't be the same manager now, and has to find inspiration in order to take the next step. Trying new approaches is a must. I agree about the coach thing, and once brought this up on another forum only to be shot down.

treblA wrote:
thats a very good point, I often wondered what sort of influence Steve Round has brought to the club, not that experienced himself. maybe Moyes should look at getting someone else in, the thing I have always liked about Moyes is that he is constantly looking to improve as a manager he has spent times abraod watching other ways of coaching so it is good that he aware he isn`t the finished article.

If he went I would fear we would end up with someone like Peter Reid or Sam Alladyce and that send real shivers down my spine, we would struggle to get anyone better than moyes at the moment.

Our coaching staff, including Moyes, are all defenders (not sure about Lumbsden) , and none of them come from a winning background regarding their careers.

David Moyes - Center back - Won the Scottish League once with Celtic. As a manager, he won the 2nd division with Preston.
Steve Round - Full back - Worked with McClaren (midfielder), Southgate (defender) and Allardyce (defender).
Jimmy Lumsden - Defender (?) Worked with Moyes at Preston and played for Leeds, Southend, Greenock Morton, St Mirren and Clydebank.
Chris Woods - Keeper. Stints with Forest, QPR, Norwich City, Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton and England.
Andy Holden - Defender. Div 4 runner up. FA cup semis. Chester, Wigan, and Oldham.


You can argue and say Alex Ferguson was also a defender, but then that would kill my argument (so do and you're dead meat ) cheers

Maybe Moyes needs to bring in an attacking coach. Very Happy
avatar
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Age : 49
Registration date : 2010-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Albert on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 8:06 pm

BB wrote:
Diamond wrote:he's done miracles for us, we'd be seriously fucked without him. he's built the team and cultivated a family atmosphere which keeps our best players there when they could move on for more money.

tactically, i've always thought he needed to improve, as various humiliating beatings in europe and vs 10 men liverpool teams have shown. i dont think we should sack him at all, i do wonder if he should get a coach in that can introduce a better, more effective type of football though.

I'm in agreement that Moyes has done a very good job for us, but it's the job he needs to do for us now, that is his biggest challenge. He can't be the same manager now, and has to find inspiration in order to take the next step. Trying new approaches is a must. I agree about the coach thing, and once brought this up on another forum only to be shot down.

treblA wrote:
thats a very good point, I often wondered what sort of influence Steve Round has brought to the club, not that experienced himself. maybe Moyes should look at getting someone else in, the thing I have always liked about Moyes is that he is constantly looking to improve as a manager he has spent times abraod watching other ways of coaching so it is good that he aware he isn`t the finished article.

If he went I would fear we would end up with someone like Peter Reid or Sam Alladyce and that send real shivers down my spine, we would struggle to get anyone better than moyes at the moment.

Our coaching staff, including Moyes, are all defenders (not sure about Lumbsden) , and none of them come from a winning background regarding their careers.

David Moyes - Center back - Won the Scottish League once with Celtic. As a manager, he won the 2nd division with Preston.
Steve Round - Full back - Worked with McClaren (midfielder), Southgate (defender) and Allardyce (defender).
Jimmy Lumsden - Defender (?) Worked with Moyes at Preston and played for Leeds, Southend, Greenock Morton, St Mirren and Clydebank.
Chris Woods - Keeper. Stints with Forest, QPR, Norwich City, Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton and England.
Andy Holden - Defender. Div 4 runner up. FA cup semis. Chester, Wigan, and Oldham.


You can argue and say Alex Ferguson was also a defender, but then that would kill my argument (so do and you're dead meat ) cheers

Maybe Moyes needs to bring in an attacking coach. Very Happy

i think you've got our quotes mixed up there mate!

and alex ferguson brought carlos quieros (spelling) in didnt he?


Last edited by treblA on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Albert

Number of posts : 15616
Age : 34
Location : Monaco
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Garry Adams on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 8:10 pm

Our main issue that I've seen in the last 18 months or so is our inability to turn possession into real chances. Whether it's a lack of movement, poor final ball or whatever, we always seem to be lacking that cutting edge. With players of the calibre of Arteta and Pienaar we are very assured on the ball but something isn't working.

Personally, for a while I've thought of Cahill as a passenger, a guy who loves the club and pops up with some very important goals, but that's all he adds. If we are going to carry one man then I'd expect them to be scoring 15-20 goals a season, which he doesnt. It means we lack any cohesion going forward as the midfield doesn't link up with the lone striker as Cahill isn't doing what we need him to/just gets in the way.

However much I rate him and everything he has done, I do wish Moyes would leave him out for a couple of games just to see how we get on. Perhaps Bily behind the lone striker or even, god forbid, two up top?

But I don't want Moyes to go, not even close - at least now I get the chance to be disappointed with Everton - disappointment implies a level of expectance - and I never had that pre-Moyes.
avatar
Garry Adams

Number of posts : 6065
Age : 33
Location : Watford
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  BB on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 8:31 pm

treblA wrote:
BB wrote:
Diamond wrote:he's done miracles for us, we'd be seriously fucked without him. he's built the team and cultivated a family atmosphere which keeps our best players there when they could move on for more money.

tactically, i've always thought he needed to improve, as various humiliating beatings in europe and vs 10 men liverpool teams have shown. i dont think we should sack him at all, i do wonder if he should get a coach in that can introduce a better, more effective type of football though.

I'm in agreement that Moyes has done a very good job for us, but it's the job he needs to do for us now, that is his biggest challenge. He can't be the same manager now, and has to find inspiration in order to take the next step. Trying new approaches is a must. I agree about the coach thing, and once brought this up on another forum only to be shot down.

treblA wrote:
thats a very good point, I often wondered what sort of influence Steve Round has brought to the club, not that experienced himself. maybe Moyes should look at getting someone else in, the thing I have always liked about Moyes is that he is constantly looking to improve as a manager he has spent times abraod watching other ways of coaching so it is good that he aware he isn`t the finished article.

If he went I would fear we would end up with someone like Peter Reid or Sam Alladyce and that send real shivers down my spine, we would struggle to get anyone better than moyes at the moment.

Our coaching staff, including Moyes, are all defenders (not sure about Lumbsden) , and none of them come from a winning background regarding their careers.

David Moyes - Center back - Won the Scottish League once with Celtic. As a manager, he won the 2nd division with Preston.
Steve Round - Full back - Worked with McClaren (midfielder), Southgate (defender) and Allardyce (defender).
Jimmy Lumsden - Defender (?) Worked with Moyes at Preston and played for Leeds, Southend, Greenock Morton, St Mirren and Clydebank.
Chris Woods - Keeper. Stints with Forest, QPR, Norwich City, Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton and England.
Andy Holden - Defender. Div 4 runner up. FA cup semis. Chester, Wigan, and Oldham.


You can argue and say Alex Ferguson was also a defender, but then that would kill my argument (so do and you're dead meat ) cheers

Maybe Moyes needs to bring in an attacking coach. Very Happy

i think you've got our quotes mixed up there mate!

and alex ferguson brought carlos quieros (spelling) in didnt he?

Lol, sorry, I thought something was wrong but couldn't put my finger on it.
I should add that Stubbsy is also on our coaching staff, and also a defender.

Yeah, Queiroz was a keeper. Ferguson didn't just use defensive minded coaches though, as McClaren was a midfielder, Knox too, Kidd was a forward and Smith of course was a defender the same as Phelan. Looking on their current coaching list, they've got quite an array of striking talent there mixed in now, which I'll list:

Mike Clegg
Richard Hawkins
Brian Mclair
Paul Mcguiness
Rene Meulensteen
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Eric Steele
Rob Swire

Don't know some of those names, but Mclair and Solskjaer stand out right away. Not sure they get near the first team though.

avatar
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Age : 49
Registration date : 2010-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Gravy & Chips on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 11:37 pm

Toffee Dan wrote:A point with this referee was a miracle if you ask me.

Alleh fooking luyah

That shithouse should be sacked.

I am hoping that Moyes would one day take take a ban and tell it how it is. That fooker should have bought us dinner before trying to fook us.
avatar
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13034
Age : 44
Location : Walton (not the nick)
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  The Griffin on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 10:11 am

Toffee Dan wrote:A point with this referee was a miracle if you ask me.

But that wasn't down to Moyes. Miracles are God's job and Moyes needed His help on Saturday
avatar
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Age : 57
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Bryan on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 10:18 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/08/23/everton-fc-boss-david-moyes-refuses-to-blame-referee-lee-mason-after-wolves-draw-100252-27116323/

Avert thy eyes my son.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14335
Age : 39
Location : Kirkby,Liverpool.
Registration date : 2006-01-30

View user profile http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  BB on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 11:33 am

I have to say I find the stance Moyes takes in that article disappointing.

He needs to realise that when you put a toy boat on a lake, you keep the remote control at hand, and constantly change course and make adjustments throughout. As you visit different lakes, the type of adjustments will differ, and the timing of any alterations differ too. Moyes has been guilty of making the same changes at the same time, regardless of venue now for far too long, and it's time he took control more and turned the auto pilot off.

We were dominant in the first half, but things weren't going to plan regarding goals. A little direction and a little change was needed, but Moyes did neither. The boat simply continued to move in circles. Try getting off your ass Davey and direct the players.

He said: “We may be a bit short at the top end of the pitch – that’s something we’ve said. We’re quite aware of that.
Playing one striker, no matter how much you try to make out you played Cahill as one, doesn't help, especially at home and against a team we should be beating comfortably.

We’re still finding the right blend. We’re a little bit short in the wide areas in what we want – we know that.
We've been short there since you arrived 8 years ago, but you haven't done anything about it, other than bench VDM and play Osman. We have options. Try them out. What happens in training doesn't always carry through on to the pitch.

We changed from last week and we tried to be more creative and in the main we were.
Your substitutions were a total reversal back to last week. If that wasn't creative last week, it won't be creative this week either. You dropped Neville, and played Hibbert. Is that more creative? Coleman is creative. You played Heitinga in midfield and not Rodwell. Is that creative? You played Bily which should have been more creative than Osman, but he flopped, and was left on for 80 minutes, and finally replaced by ..... Osman. You played Beckford .... well done .... but .... on his own.

He said: “I hope we never made excuses last year. We’ve got a really good squad to pick from and at the moment we’re just slightly under-performing from what we want.
YOU are under-performing chucky egg. Take a risk now and then.

We don’t want to be playing catch-up. We always knew that our start to the season was quite a tough one
I'm sure City would swap from playing Spurs and the RS. I'm sure Newcastle might have swapped too from Utd and Villa.

I feel much better now. Very Happy
avatar
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Age : 49
Registration date : 2010-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Albert on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 1:32 pm

1 up front seems to work for Barcelona and Chelsea BB
avatar
Albert

Number of posts : 15616
Age : 34
Location : Monaco
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 1:40 pm

Two games in - Moyes Out!

Useless ginger twat!

Dave Jones come in and rescue us!
avatar
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Age : 33
Location : EP/Chester
Registration date : 2005-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 1:53 pm

treblA wrote:1 up front seems to work for Barcelona and Chelsea BB
Barca play 4-3-3 a lot though. And their movement off the ball makes us looking like traffic cones out there.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65257
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  sefton on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 2:03 pm

treblA wrote:1 up front seems to work for Barcelona and Chelsea BB

both play three up front, yesterday like last week,chelsea played anelka-drogba-malouda
cheers
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9200
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 2:22 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:Two games in - Moyes Out!

Useless ginger twat!

Dave Jones come in and rescue us!

1984-85 we took a single point from the first 4 games and ended up winning the title with 2 games to spare!
Give the season a chance FFS!! Mad
avatar
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3868
Age : 161
Location : Aldershot
Registration date : 2008-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  BB on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 2:35 pm

treblA wrote:1 up front seems to work for Barcelona and Chelsea BB

Moyes really needs to drop Iniesta for not passing to Drogba more often. cheers

I feel it's best. lol!
avatar
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Age : 49
Registration date : 2010-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  BB on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 2:35 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:Two games in - Moyes Out!

Useless ginger twat!

Dave Jones come in and rescue us!

1984-85 we took a single point from the first 4 games and ended up winning the title with 2 games to spare!
Give the season a chance FFS!! Mad

OK Very Happy
avatar
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Age : 49
Registration date : 2010-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

what was he thinking?

Post  sefton on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 2:42 pm

david moyes selection against wolves?

1) distin instead of heitinga?

2) hibbert instead of coleman?

3) pienaar on the right?

4) heitinga defensive midfield instead of rodders?

5) substittions?

6) meyguye not used ?



1) jags and heitinga is the best partnership .

2) young coleman has to be given th right back position as hibberts legs can't back track.

3)why would you split baines & pienaar up its the best combination on the left flank.

4)rodders is talked about by the best premiership clubs so why put jonny in their ?

5) not a clue when making substitutions.

6) meyguye- this kid was superb in pre-season why is he not being use?.

avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9200
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Mr_Ben on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 4:26 pm

SEFTON wrote:david moyes selection against wolves?

1) distin instead of heitinga?

2) hibbert instead of coleman?

3) pienaar on the right?

4) heitinga defensive midfield instead of rodders?

5) substittions?

6) meyguye not used ?



1. Looks like he wanted to be defensive, also he must have thought that partnership is best. Maybe he thinks JH is CDM and not a CB

2. Coleman is not proven Hibbo is.

3. Osman was shit v Blackburn and I can see why he brought in Bily, albeit he was also shit, and put Pienaar on the RW. Also Vic is injured and it shows how week we are at RW

4. See 1. also JH has more experience there.

5. Agree they were shit, replacing shit with shit

6. We used all 3 subs, Don't know why he didn't go 442 or 433.

avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18305
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Statman on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 4:36 pm

BB wrote:I have to say I find the stance Moyes takes in that article disappointing.

He needs to realise that when you put a toy boat on a lake, you keep the remote control at hand, and constantly change course and make adjustments throughout. As you visit different lakes, the type of adjustments will differ, and the timing of any alterations differ too. Moyes has been guilty of making the same changes at the same time, regardless of venue now for far too long, and it's time he took control more and turned the auto pilot off.

We were dominant in the first half, but things weren't going to plan regarding goals. A little direction and a little change was needed, but Moyes did neither. The boat simply continued to move in circles. Try getting off your ass Davey and direct the players.

He said: “We may be a bit short at the top end of the pitch – that’s something we’ve said. We’re quite aware of that.
Playing one striker, no matter how much you try to make out you played Cahill as one, doesn't help, especially at home and against a team we should be beating comfortably.

We’re still finding the right blend. We’re a little bit short in the wide areas in what we want – we know that.
We've been short there since you arrived 8 years ago, but you haven't done anything about it, other than bench VDM and play Osman. We have options. Try them out. What happens in training doesn't always carry through on to the pitch.

We changed from last week and we tried to be more creative and in the main we were.
Your substitutions were a total reversal back to last week. If that wasn't creative last week, it won't be creative this week either. You dropped Neville, and played Hibbert. Is that more creative? Coleman is creative. You played Heitinga in midfield and not Rodwell. Is that creative? You played Bily which should have been more creative than Osman, but he flopped, and was left on for 80 minutes, and finally replaced by ..... Osman. You played Beckford .... well done .... but .... on his own.

He said: “I hope we never made excuses last year. We’ve got a really good squad to pick from and at the moment we’re just slightly under-performing from what we want.
YOU are under-performing chucky egg. Take a risk now and then.

We don’t want to be playing catch-up. We always knew that our start to the season was quite a tough one
I'm sure City would swap from playing Spurs and the RS. I'm sure Newcastle might have swapped too from Utd and Villa.

I feel much better now. Very Happy

BB, are you Eric Cantona in disguise?
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 6912
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 4:41 pm

The Fellaini, to me at leats, made little sense. He's well off the pace and he's not that creative when it comes down to it. Fellaini is too slow at the moment. Rodwell would have been a much better option since he is more willing to have a go at the defence and will take the occasional shot on goal as well. And Osman is Osman. Great servant to the club, but he's lightweight and that won't change anytime soon. Gueye had a great pre-season and has pace. Why not put him on instead? So, in essence I disagree with both of those subs.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65257
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Statman on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 4:52 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:The Fellaini, to me at leats, made little sense. He's well off the pace and he's not that creative when it comes down to it. Fellaini is too slow at the moment. Rodwell would have been a much better option since he is more willing to have a go at the defence and will take the occasional shot on goal as well. And Osman is Osman. Great servant to the club, but he's lightweight and that won't change anytime soon. Gueye had a great pre-season and has pace. Why not put him on instead? So, in essence I disagree with both of those subs.

KoT, we need to move on from calling Premiership footballers servants.

avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 6912
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 5:02 pm

Statman wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:The Fellaini, to me at leats, made little sense. He's well off the pace and he's not that creative when it comes down to it. Fellaini is too slow at the moment. Rodwell would have been a much better option since he is more willing to have a go at the defence and will take the occasional shot on goal as well. And Osman is Osman. Great servant to the club, but he's lightweight and that won't change anytime soon. Gueye had a great pre-season and has pace. Why not put him on instead? So, in essence I disagree with both of those subs.

KoT, we need to move on from calling Premiership footballers servants.

Good point, when they make more in a week than I do in a year.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65257
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 5:03 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Statman wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:The Fellaini, to me at leats, made little sense. He's well off the pace and he's not that creative when it comes down to it. Fellaini is too slow at the moment. Rodwell would have been a much better option since he is more willing to have a go at the defence and will take the occasional shot on goal as well. And Osman is Osman. Great servant to the club, but he's lightweight and that won't change anytime soon. Gueye had a great pre-season and has pace. Why not put him on instead? So, in essence I disagree with both of those subs.

KoT, we need to move on from calling Premiership footballers servants.

Good point, when they make more in a week than I do in a year.


At least you're a great servant to this board. Very Happy

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
avatar
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 12971
Age : 39
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 5:18 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Statman wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:The Fellaini, to me at leats, made little sense. He's well off the pace and he's not that creative when it comes down to it. Fellaini is too slow at the moment. Rodwell would have been a much better option since he is more willing to have a go at the defence and will take the occasional shot on goal as well. And Osman is Osman. Great servant to the club, but he's lightweight and that won't change anytime soon. Gueye had a great pre-season and has pace. Why not put him on instead? So, in essence I disagree with both of those subs.

KoT, we need to move on from calling Premiership footballers servants.

Good point, when they make more in a week than I do in a year.


At least you're a great servant to this board. Very Happy
lol! cheers And so are you!
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65257
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 5:21 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Statman wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:The Fellaini, to me at leats, made little sense. He's well off the pace and he's not that creative when it comes down to it. Fellaini is too slow at the moment. Rodwell would have been a much better option since he is more willing to have a go at the defence and will take the occasional shot on goal as well. And Osman is Osman. Great servant to the club, but he's lightweight and that won't change anytime soon. Gueye had a great pre-season and has pace. Why not put him on instead? So, in essence I disagree with both of those subs.

KoT, we need to move on from calling Premiership footballers servants.

Good point, when they make more in a week than I do in a year.


At least you're a great servant to this board. Very Happy
lol! cheers And so are you!


Pah - if you're Leon Osman that makes me Jason Kearton.

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
avatar
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 12971
Age : 39
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 7:14 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Statman wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:The Fellaini, to me at leats, made little sense. He's well off the pace and he's not that creative when it comes down to it. Fellaini is too slow at the moment. Rodwell would have been a much better option since he is more willing to have a go at the defence and will take the occasional shot on goal as well. And Osman is Osman. Great servant to the club, but he's lightweight and that won't change anytime soon. Gueye had a great pre-season and has pace. Why not put him on instead? So, in essence I disagree with both of those subs.

KoT, we need to move on from calling Premiership footballers servants.

Good point, when they make more in a week than I do in a year.


At least you're a great servant to this board. Very Happy
lol! cheers And so are you!


Pah - if you're Leon Osman that makes me Jason Kearton.
I think you think too highly of me and not enough of yourself mate. At least based on that comparison. Very Happy
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65257
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum