DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 23 Nov 2014, 10:46 am

Armchair wrote:A creditable 0-0 in his first game. He even played two up front for some of it Shocked
I bet he brought on 2 defenders for the strikers to hold onto the clean sheet in the last 15 minutes Laughing
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33047
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  KoelJagz on Sun 23 Nov 2014, 11:09 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Armchair wrote:A creditable 0-0 in his first game. He even played two up front for some of it Shocked
I bet he brought on 2 defenders for the strikers to hold onto the clean sheet in the last 15 minutes Laughing

Hibbert and Unsworth?

Number of posts : 26813
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 23 Nov 2014, 1:11 pm

It was believable until the very end there mate. Nice try. Wink
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 17 Mar 2015, 10:54 am

West Ham are ready to step up their pursuit of David Moyes after putting his old Everton scout Tony Henry in charge of their summer recruitment policy. Henry was appointed by West Ham co-owners David Sullivan and David Gold this season and, significantly, the ex-Everton man is understood to be heading the summer transfer plans instead of manager Sam Allardyce’s trusted scout Martin Glover.

Allardyce is yet to be offered a new contract by West Ham and is a candidate to take over at Sunderland at the end of the season, although he does not appear to fit the club's head coach model. Ironically, West Ham face Sunderland next at Upton Park and that fixture, together with games against Leicester City and Stoke City, may go a long way to deciding the future of Allardyce.

As revealed by Telegraph Sport last month, West Ham have already started drawing up a list of potential candidates to replace Allardyce with Moyes the top choice ahead of Slaven Bilic. Rafa Benitez is also an intriguing option being considered. Henry worked closely with Moyes at Everton, convincing the former Manchester United manager to sign defender John Stones from Barnsley in January 2013.

Sullivan and Gold have already asked Henry to identify potential signings for next season, although one of the top priorities is to sign right-back Carl Jenkinson on a permanent deal from Arsenal.
West Ham also want a new striker and retain an interest in Tottenham Hotspur’s Emmanuel Adebayor, who was blocked from moving to Upton Park in January by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.
Levy may be more willing to do a deal with the Hammers in the summer, when the impact of Adebayor will not be such a source of potential embarrassment to Tottenham, although the player’s £100,000-a-week wages will remain an issue.

It remains to be seen whether the influence of Henry can tempt Moyes back to England this summer, as the Scotsman has told friends that he is happy at Real Sociedad and grateful for the chance the club gave him to step back into management after being sacked by United.
Moyes was appointed Real Sociedad manager in November and signed an 18-month contract with the Spanish club. His reported wages of £1.5m-a-year are significantly less than the £3m-a-year Allardyce currently earns at West Ham.

Sullivan and Gold are determined not to be rushed into a decision over Allardyce, but one win in West Ham’s last 12 Premier League games has piled the pressure back on the former Bolton, Newcastle and Blackburn manager. West Ham have gone from mounting an unlikely challenge to qualify for the Champions League to slipping down to 10th place in the table and have been hit badly by injuries. Allardyce played for a year at Sunderland and could be seen by the club as the man to either prevent their annual battle against relegation from the Premier League or try to win promotion back to the top flight at the first attempt.

Bilic may be easier to tempt to Upton Park than Moyes, but the former West Ham defender lacks experience of managing in the Premier League which is an important factor for Sullivan and Gold.
The 46-year-old has managed the Croatia national team and is now in charge of a Besitkas side who are top of the Turkish Super League and knocked Liverpool out of the Europa League. Former Liverpool manager Benitez, who also took charge of Chelsea for six months, is expected to leave Napoli at the end of the season and has the type of experience that interests Sullivan and Gold if the Spaniard is not snapped up by a bigger club.
Super

Number of posts : 35971
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Tue 17 Mar 2015, 11:05 am

Moyesey would be a great appointment for a club of their size. Stability and a great builder of a club. Would have them regularly challenging for europa league in 2-3 seasons.
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  KoelJagz on Tue 17 Mar 2015, 11:38 am

Tonteau wrote:Moyesey would be a great appointment for a club of their size. Stability and a great builder of a club. Would have them regularly challenging for europa league in 2-3 seasons.

Yeah classic Moyes strategy at Sociedad. Recognised they have no great players so steady the ship, make them hard to beat and slowly climb the table. Won their first away game under him at HHHHHHHHHH-éfate last night. Looks like he is doing a real solid job. Rehabilitation complete by the summer. Will be much sought after then.

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 17 Mar 2015, 6:29 pm

Bluejagz wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Moyesey would be a great appointment for a club of their size. Stability and a great builder of a club. Would have them regularly challenging for europa league in 2-3 seasons.

Yeah classic Moyes strategy at Sociedad. Recognised they have no great players so steady the ship, make them hard to beat and slowly climb the table. Won their first away game under him at HHHHHHHHHH-éfate last night. Looks like he is doing a real solid job. Rehabilitation complete by the summer. Will be much sought after then.
harsh on fat sam though who let's be fair... has done a pretty damn good job there
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 8:44 am

Aston Villa are set to target Real Sociedad boss David Moyes as a replacement for manager Tim Sherwood.
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 9:11 am

Super wrote:
Aston Villa are set to target Real Sociedad boss David Moyes as a replacement for manager Tim Sherwood.
can't see Moyes jumping ship before he's finished his project
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25450
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 8:19 am

Real Sociedad manager David Moyes said "I know I'm the best man for the job" after the pressure on him grew with a 2-0 defeat by Atletico Madrid.
Fans reportedly chanted "Moyes go home" in English with Sociedad only outside the relegation zone on goal difference. "You cannot always keep changing your manager and think that's the answer to your problems," the Scot said. The former Preston, Everton and Manchester United manager was appointed by the Basque side last November. They ended with nine men as they lost to Atletico Madrid in a controversial finish on Sunday.
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 9:26 am

Reports that fans chanted "Moyes go home" are yet to be verified. Moyes is under pressure but Sociedad were robbed in that game. I think the press made that chant up to get a story.
Lumper

Number of posts : 5846
Registration date : 2007-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 10:10 am

Lumper wrote:Reports that fans chanted "Moyes go home" are yet to be verified. Moyes is under pressure but Sociedad were robbed in that game. I think the press made that chant up to get a story.

It was a crazy last couple of mins in the game apparently, number of bookings for Real Sociedad
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 10:19 am

Super wrote:
Lumper wrote:Reports that fans chanted "Moyes go home" are yet to be verified. Moyes is under pressure but Sociedad were robbed in that game. I think the press made that chant up to get a story.

It was a crazy last couple of mins in the game apparently, number of bookings for Real Sociedad
shit papers making up a story to get him to fit the story they made up about him lining up the Villa job.... papers are twats
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Sun 08 Nov 2015, 6:14 pm

Few rumours on Twitter that Moyes has been sacked...
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 08 Nov 2015, 8:13 pm

Super wrote:Few rumours on Twitter that Moyes has been sacked...
sign him !
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 1:39 pm

Heavily linked with the Villa job. I think the role and club would suit him down to the ground being similar to the task he faced at Everton when he took over (albeit one league lower). The big problem is the Lerner, who clearly wants shot of the club.
Armchair

Number of posts : 18372
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 26 Apr 2016, 1:27 pm

David Moyes wants a return to Everton as boss - if Roberto Martinez is sacked. The Toffees' top brass will meet this week to discuss Martinez's future. Former Goodison gaffer Moyes told pals he would love to go back to Goodison. The Scot is also on the shortlist at Celtic & Aston Villa, while he has also explored job possibilities in China since being sacked by Spanish side Real Sociedad last November.

However, the pull of Everton is huge for the 53yr old. Chairman Bill Kenwright and Moyes had a great relationship during his first spell in charge, although there was bad feeling about his move to Manchester United. Kenwright's new partner Farhad Moshiri may want a bigger name, which could dent Moyes' hopes.
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 26 Apr 2016, 2:48 pm

Super wrote:David Moyes wants a return to Everton as boss - if Roberto Martinez is sacked.  The Toffees' top brass will meet this week to discuss Martinez's future.  Former Goodison gaffer Moyes told pals he would love to go back to Goodison.  The Scot is also on the shortlist at Celtic & Aston Villa, while he has also explored job possibilities in China since being sacked by Spanish side Real Sociedad last November.

However, the pull of Everton is huge for the 53yr old.  Chairman Bill Kenwright and Moyes had a great relationship during his first spell in charge, although there was bad feeling about his move to Manchester United.  Kenwright's new partner Farhad Moshiri may want a bigger name, which could dent Moyes' hopes.
Fuck off Moshi you cunt Very Happy
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  KoelJagz on Tue 26 Apr 2016, 3:01 pm

Would I trust Moyes with £100m to spend over Martinez? Yes I would!

Would I trust Moyes over Martinez to get Stones career back on track? Yes I would?

I think when Moyes left he had taken us as far as he could under the constraints at time. Now that the constraints will be less taxing with new investment and Sky I would be intrigued as to what he could do with us this time. Unless we can attract a top level replacement we couldn't do any worse then get Davie in to steady the ship and get us moving in right direction again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Tue 26 Apr 2016, 3:37 pm

No thanks. No going back for me.

I reckon the yes and no camps would be abut 50/50 on this.

I'd obviously get right behind him if he did come back though.
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3250
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 26 Apr 2016, 4:04 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:No thanks. No going back for me.

I reckon the yes and no camps would be abut 50/50 on this.

I'd obviously get right behind him if he did come back though.
we need a poll cheers
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 26 Apr 2016, 11:15 pm

Bluejagz wrote:Would I trust Moyes with £100m to spend over Martinez? Yes I would!

Would I trust Moyes over Martinez to get Stones career back on track? Yes I would?

I think when Moyes left he had taken us as far as he could under the constraints at time. Now that the constraints will be less taxing with new investment and Sky I would be intrigued as to what he could do with us this time. Unless we can attract a top level replacement we couldn't do any worse then get Davie in to steady the ship and get us moving in right direction again.

would you trust Moyes to allow foofoo or Barkley to make mistakes when going forward, or would they spend the next six months in the reserves?
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25450
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 9:05 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:Would I trust Moyes with £100m to spend over Martinez? Yes I would!

would you trust Moyes to allow foofoo or Barkley to make mistakes when going forward, or would they spend the next six months in the reserves?

Perhaps Moyes would let them makes mistakes, then coach the mistakes out of them. Help Ross and Stones make better decisions about when to carry on dribbling, when to pass, when to hoof it into row Z. Bobby thinks making mistakes will help them learn, but them making the same mistakes again and again clearly indicates they ain't learning. Perhaps decent coaching might help them learn quicker?
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23530

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 9:51 am

hairberto 4 the sackeract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

Perhaps Moyes would let them makes mistakes, then coach the mistakes out of them. Help Ross and Stones make better decisions about when to carry on dribbling, when to pass, when to hoof it into row Z. Bobby thinks making mistakes will help them learn, but them making the same mistakes again and again clearly indicates they ain't learning.  Perhaps decent coaching might help them learn quicker?
I think I would trust Moyes with Foo & Barks.. he has history of holding players in bit-part roles until they are ready / more mature...

Bob threw Barks in at the deep end & has not helped his confidence or development...

Bob got Foo & he was tremendous.. Foo set up lots of chances & many Luka goals when we were flying with ticky tacky... but Bob decided that wasn't what he wnted so made him get multiple splinters in his arse with Niasse.

I think Moyes would manage that better & play the right player for the right opposition.

Bob is one dimensional... play what he sees as his best + drop people who piss him off... even if that is not in the interest of winning
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 10:06 am

Made 4 Sackys wrote:
hairberto 4 the sackeract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

Perhaps Moyes would let them makes mistakes, then coach the mistakes out of them. Help Ross and Stones make better decisions about when to carry on dribbling, when to pass, when to hoof it into row Z. Bobby thinks making mistakes will help them learn, but them making the same mistakes again and again clearly indicates they ain't learning.  Perhaps decent coaching might help them learn quicker?
I think I would trust Moyes with Foo & Barks.. he has history of holding players in bit-part roles until they are ready / more mature...

Bob threw Barks in at the deep end & has not helped his confidence or development...

Bob got Foo & he was tremendous.. Foo set up lots of chances & many Luka goals when we were flying with ticky tacky... but Bob decided that wasn't what he wnted so made him get multiple splinters in his arse with Niasse.

I think Moyes would manage that better & play the right player for the right opposition.

Bob is one dimensional... play what he sees as his best + drop people who piss him off... even if that is not in the interest of winning

It is interesting, the contrasting approaches. Moyes used to drive us mad by holding back young players. For example, Rooney was brought on slowly, Baines couldn't get in the team at first - but look what they became! Perhaps Moyes was right. Martinez has been the opposite with Barkley and Stones and look how their standards have fallen, they look broken, the fans are on their backs - everything Moyes used to warn against. I dunno, I like to see young players brought on quickly but I don't think Bobby knows how to manage them. He tells us they're fucking brilliant no matter what they do, they become like spoilt kids. Especially Stones.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23530

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top