DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  sefton on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 10:19 am

hairberto 4 the sackeract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:Would I trust Moyes with £100m to spend over Martinez? Yes I would!

Would I trust Moyes over Martinez to get Stones career back on track? Yes I would?

I think when Moyes left he had taken us as far as he could under the constraints at time. Now that the constraints will be less taxing with new investment and Sky I would be intrigued as to what he could do with us this time. Unless we can attract a top level replacement we couldn't do any worse then get Davie in to steady the ship and get us moving in right direction again.

would you trust Moyes to allow foofoo or Barkley to make mistakes when going forward, or would they spend the next six months in the reserves?

Perhaps Moyes would let them makes mistakes, then coach the mistakes out of them. Help Ross and Stones make better decisions about when to carry on dribbling, when to pass, when to hoof it into row Z. Bobby thinks making mistakes will help them learn, but them making the same mistakes again and again clearly indicates they ain't learning.  Perhaps decent coaching might help them learn quicker?

Didn't want Moyes leaving in the manner he did, He was always going to be Sir Alex fall guy, but? Ambition ruled his head.
Two reasons for Moyes not to return back too goodison?

1) Eleven years with out a trophy.
2) He lied to the fans when he said he was going to sign a new contract in the summer, when in fact he had already agreed to join United in the January.

I know some will find argument for Moyes failings ie, Lack of funding at the time but, I also think Moyes lacked a cutting edge to take us up and beyond.
sefton

Number of posts : 9295
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 10:26 am

sefton wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:Would I trust Moyes with £100m to spend over Martinez? Yes I would!

Would I trust Moyes over Martinez to get Stones career back on track? Yes I would?

I think when Moyes left he had taken us as far as he could under the constraints at time. Now that the constraints will be less taxing with new investment and Sky I would be intrigued as to what he could do with us this time. Unless we can attract a top level replacement we couldn't do any worse then get Davie in to steady the ship and get us moving in right direction again.

would you trust Moyes to allow foofoo or Barkley to make mistakes when going forward, or would they spend the next six months in the reserves?

Perhaps Moyes would let them makes mistakes, then coach the mistakes out of them. Help Ross and Stones make better decisions about when to carry on dribbling, when to pass, when to hoof it into row Z. Bobby thinks making mistakes will help them learn, but them making the same mistakes again and again clearly indicates they ain't learning.  Perhaps decent coaching might help them learn quicker?

Didn't want Moyes leaving in the manner he did, He was always going to be Sir Alex fall guy, but? Ambition ruled his head.

2) He lied to the fans when he said he was going to sign a new contract in the summer, when in fact he had already agreed to join United in the January.

I know some will find argument for Moyes failings ie, Lack of funding at the time but, I also think Moyes lacked a cutting edge to take us up and beyond.

I've seen that point quoted a few times, but as far as I am aware that's just been born out of something that whiskey nose said.

Unless I am mistaken *, it's surprising that some are so willing to accept his word as gospel ahead of that of Moyes. From what I can make out, this is just a case of one person's word against another and we'll never actually know the truth regarding that.

* I could be mistaken. Very Happy

Number of posts : 13066
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:16 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
sefton wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

I've seen that point quoted a few times, but as far as I am aware that's just been born out of something that whiskey nose said.

Unless I am mistaken *, it's surprising that some are so willing to accept his word as gospel ahead of that of Moyes. From what I can make out, this is just a case of one person's word against another and we'll never actually know the truth regarding that.

Alex Ferguson let the cat out of the bag by revealing in his book ? That he invited Moyes around to his house In the January when Moyes was still to sign a new contract at Everton, Moyes thought Sir Alex invited him around to ask about some of his players, that's when Old Whiskey nose told Moyes ''he was retiring'' and Moyes was to be the new United boss.
sefton

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:31 am

sefton wrote:
sefton wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

Alex Ferguson let the cat out of the bag by revealing in his book ? That he invited Moyes around to his house In the January when Moyes was still to sign a new contract at Everton, Moyes thought Sir Alex invited him around to ask about some of his players, that's when  Old Whiskey nose told Moyes ''he was retiring'' and Moyes was to be the new United boss.

That's my point. Moyes and Ferguson have different versions of events, so how can you be sure that Ferguson's is the accurate version and Moyes is inaccurate? And why has Ferguson become a bastion for truth and righteousness all of a sudden?

An example would be Wayne Rooney's comments regarding Moyes in his own book - they were successfully challenged legally. Just because it's in someone's book doesn't make it true. The only truth in this is that neither you nor I nor anyone else on this board knows the actual truth behind it all.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 1:18 pm

sefton wrote:
sefton wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

Alex Ferguson let the cat out of the bag by revealing in his book ? That he invited Moyes around to his house In the January when Moyes was still to sign a new contract at Everton, Moyes thought Sir Alex invited him around to ask about some of his players, that's when  Old Whiskey nose told Moyes ''he was retiring'' and Moyes was to be the new United boss.

That's my point. Moyes and Ferguson have different versions of events, so how can you be sure that Ferguson's is the accurate version and Moyes is inaccurate? And why has Ferguson become a bastion for truth and righteousness all of a sudden?

An example would be Wayne Rooney's comments regarding Moyes in his own book - they were successfully challenged legally. Just because it's in someone's book doesn't make it true. The only truth in this is that neither you nor I nor anyone else on this board knows the actual truth behind it all.

No,just because its in some ones book doesn't make it true, But? Moyes did drag his heels on a new contract with Everton knowing he was going to United.
sefton

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 10:52 am

Appointed as Sunderland manager.

Good luck Davey
Armchair

Number of posts : 18372
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 9:16 pm

Armchair wrote:Appointed as Sunderland manager.

Good luck Davey

+1

Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18319
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 1:31 am

Mr_Ben wrote:

Good luck Davey

+1

+2 but he's still a slimey bastard.
Statman

Number of posts : 6969
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 8:44 am

Statman wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

Good luck Davey

+1

+2 but he's still a slimey bastard.

+3 but also +1 on him being a slimey bastard. Can't wait for him to bid £20m for Stones and Barkley and then say it should happen as its for the good of the player.
Lumper

Number of posts : 5846
Registration date : 2007-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Mon 25 Jul 2016, 12:30 pm

Looks like Ossie will be made up then.

Jobs for the boys?
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13102
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Mon 22 Aug 2016, 11:52 am

Super

Number of posts : 35971
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Mon 22 Aug 2016, 12:21 pm

Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25450
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Mon 22 Aug 2016, 12:24 pm

Gravy & Chips

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Mon 03 Apr 2017, 5:56 pm

Bottom of the league and now this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39484238

It sounds like a total storm in a tea cup.

Both Moyes and Sparks were laughing during the exchange and the former Everton and Manchester United manager later apologised to the reporter, who did not make a complaint.

"If you look at the fact that he wouldn't have said that to a male reporter, and I truly believe that, I think the comments and his behaviour and attitude was sexist," she told BBC Radio 5 live.

No, he'd have probably joked about 'punching' a male reporter. Same thing though. It was a joke, just two people messing around. I really don't see a story here.
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Mon 03 Apr 2017, 6:29 pm

Been listening to reports about it all day and feeling upset with Moyes. However, finally saw the actual event and it was just messing about. Tornado in a teacup!
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4853

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 03 Apr 2017, 11:19 pm

Agree with both the above posts, it was clearly light hearted banter.

I also noticed Lineker wading in, having a pop at Moyes.

Lineker is turning into a total knobend, the rubbish he comes out with these days trying to look like some kind of caring right-on do-gooder. It's as if he's trying to be the footballing equivalent of Russell Brand. Ironic considering both of them are the kind of lecherous smarmy twats that can't keep their hands off any women who crosses their path. Allegedly.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23530
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Tue 04 Apr 2017, 12:15 pm

The FA have not gotten their sticky cash laden hands into it now.

The big question is Why?

There hasn't been any complaint put forward and the two people involved were having a laugh and took it that way.

Fucking pathetic if you ask me.

People love being offended and it's the biggest dickheads that shout the loudest, unfortunately
Gravy & Chips

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 04 Apr 2017, 1:01 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:The FA have not gotten their sticky cash laden hands into it now.

The big question is Why?

There hasn't been any complaint put forward and the two people involved were having a laugh and took it that way.

Fucking pathetic if you ask me.

People love being offended and it's the biggest dickheads that shout the loudest, unfortunately
I saw some women's right twat last night on tele.... she looked like a fucking moose chewing a wasp... ugly cow Very Happy .. now THAT'S offensive
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33047
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Tue 04 Apr 2017, 4:07 pm

I think Moyes will be sacked unless they beat Leicester tonight. They've taken one point from the last 5 games (0-0 v the might Burnley).

Unless the Sunderland board have already accepted that they will be relegated and Moyes is the right man to rebuild the club in the Chammpionship
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Tue 04 Apr 2017, 4:57 pm

About as newsworthy as a chocalate egg hunt not using the word Easter. I guess there is nothing else going on in the UK/World that people need to know about right now.
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3250
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Better Manager now

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 02 May 2017, 10:30 am

I saw this last week and it wound me up but couldn't be arsed about it... but the longer its gone on and with Sunderland getting relegated I've decided to have a rant about it.

Moyes reckons he's a better manager now that he was when he was with us

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/im-better-sunderland-everton-claims-12945575

And asked if he thought he was a better manager now than when with Everton, Moyes said: “Yes, 100%. I would say better now because of the experiences I have had.

Now to be honest, I don't care if he has improved or not, although he seems to be less invested in the team's performance than when he was at Everton.  

What really, really annoyed me about his assertion was how positive he was about his own abilities, about there was no room for doubt, about how easily he was prepared to sell himself and his own ability to Joe public and big himself up...

... but compare that to how dour he has been about his own team's chances of survival, right from the off.  No bigging up the team, giving them encouragement or hope, trying to take some of the pressure off their shoulders.  No from right back in August he was telling everyone; the players, the fans, the management, that they were just not good enough.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10547333/david-moyes-admits-sunderland-will-be-in-a-fight-against-relegation-this-season

Moyes says there will be "no dramatic change" from the club's position in recent years as Premier League relegation fighters.

Asked what his response would be to fans who fear another survival scrap, Moyes said: "Well, they would probably be right because that's where they've been every other year for the last four years, so why would it suddenly change?

I know he was dour with us too, but you have to think that his attitude held us back against the top teams, I assume he basically told us that "we can't beat these so just do your best", might explain why we hardly ever did.

Anyway, was pissed off with his comments about bigging himself up after he's been sacked from his last two jobs, and probably this one too (you could probably say "that's where he's been every other year for the last three years, so why would it suddenly change?") and instead of trying to encourage and inspire them, he is telling them they are shit and they are probably going down.

Fuck off Moyes, you are not a better manager, you have forgotten how to motivate players and as a direct result you will be sacked from your third job in three years in the summer.
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Tue 02 May 2017, 2:37 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:I saw this last week and it wound me up but couldn't be arsed about it... but the longer its gone on and with Sunderland getting relegated I've decided to have a rant about it.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/im-better-sunderland-everton-claims-12945575

And asked if he thought he was a better manager now than when with Everton, Moyes said: “Yes, 100%. I would say better now because of the experiences I have had.

Now to be honest, I don't care if he has improved or not, although he seems to be less invested in the team's performance than when he was at Everton.  

What really, really annoyed me about his assertion was how positive he was about his own abilities, about there was no room for doubt, about how easily he was prepared to sell himself and his own ability to Joe public and big himself up...

... but compare that to how dour he has been about his own team's chances of survival, right from the off.  No bigging up the team, giving them encouragement or hope, trying to take some of the pressure off their shoulders.  No from right back in August he was telling everyone; the players, the fans, the management, that they were just not good enough.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10547333/david-moyes-admits-sunderland-will-be-in-a-fight-against-relegation-this-season

Moyes says there will be "no dramatic change" from the club's position in recent years as Premier League relegation fighters.

Asked what his response would be to fans who fear another survival scrap, Moyes said: "Well, they would probably be right because that's where they've been every other year for the last four years, so why would it suddenly change?

I know he was dour with us too, but you have to think that his attitude held us back against the top teams, I assume he basically told us that "we can't beat these so just do your best", might explain why we hardly ever did.

Anyway, was pissed off with his comments about bigging himself up after he's been sacked from his last two jobs, and probably this one too (you could probably say "that's where he's been every other year for the last three years, so why would it suddenly change?") and instead of trying to encourage and inspire them, he is telling them they are shit and they are probably going down.

Fuck off Moyes, you are not a better manager, you have forgotten how to motivate players and as a direct result you will be sacked from your third job in three years in the summer.

The direct comparison is the chap who has come into Hull (and at the time they were rock bottom)... he has done a pretty good job... the sort of job Moyes did when he came to us in that first season
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8438

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Tue 02 May 2017, 2:52 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:I saw this last week and it wound me up but couldn't be arsed about it... but the longer its gone on and with Sunderland getting relegated I've decided to have a rant about it.

The direct comparison is the chap who has come into Hull (and at the time they were rock bottom)... he has done a pretty good job... the sort of job Moyes did when he came to us in that first season

Moyes' biggest mistakes was coming in on his first day singing "You're shit, and you know you are" at the players to the tune of Go West.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Mon 22 May 2017, 5:28 pm

Da Judge wrote:

Moyes' biggest mistakes was coming in on his first day singing "You're shit, and you know you are" at the players to the tune of Go West.

Moyes is looking for another job

https://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2017/may/david-moyes-leaves-sunderland
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Mon 22 May 2017, 5:49 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

Moyes is looking for another job

https://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2017/may/david-moyes-leaves-sunderland

Who would take him now?
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down