Everton 1 (Heitinga) Birmingham 1

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Re: Everton 1 (Heitinga) Birmingham 1

Post  Albert on Thu 10 Mar 2011, 10:35 am

Mr_Ben wrote:
treblA wrote:went last night - my brother couldnt face it so gave me his ticket. we're going to struggle now until the rest of the season - our key midfielders are all injured.

where were you sitting?

Paddock.
Albert

Number of posts : 15642
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Thu 10 Mar 2011, 10:52 am

I thought Ossie played well yesterday, our only real spark.
Armchair

Number of posts : 18721
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 10 Mar 2011, 12:08 pm

I didn't understand the Vic / Becks substitution.
At least Becks gives us some pace, and gets into open positions. You get the feeling that over 90 minutes he'll put away one chance.
Sadly Vic seems to look for markers rather than getting away from them.
Mind you that tackle/shot could have gone anywhere, but just squirted up to the keeper.
Then Bily gets 3 minutes?
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5945
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Thu 10 Mar 2011, 12:15 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:I didn't understand the Vic / Becks substitution.
At least Becks gives us some pace, and gets into open positions. You get the feeling that over 90 minutes he'll put away one chance.
Mind you that tackle/shot could have gone anywhere, but just squirted up to the keeper.

I can only presume and we had got nothing so far with Becks/Saha a change may result in something different (and better), in the end it did not pay off.
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18333
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 10 Mar 2011, 12:43 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:

I can only presume and we had got nothing so far with Becks/Saha a change may result in something different (and better), in the end it did not pay off.

It's just so difficult to see what Vic brings to a game?
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5945
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Thu 10 Mar 2011, 12:44 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:

Whereas playing Vic this season has yielded amazing results.

I see you are only speculating on what Moyes may have been thinking (so I shall not hold you responsible for such a bollocksy way of thinking) but I thought that was a 'settle for a point' substitution. Although Vic did have his best shot of the season so far yesterday, where he fell over as he kicked it and it was surprisingly on target which must be a first for him this season.

Number of posts : 13115
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Thu 10 Mar 2011, 12:55 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

I see you are only speculating on what Moyes may have been thinking (so I shall not hold you responsible for such a bollocksy way of thinking) but I thought that was a 'settle for a point' substitution. Although Vic did have his best shot of the season so far yesterday, where he fell over as he kicked it and it was surprisingly on target which must be a first for him this season.

I don't think Moyes was settling for a point in any way but I also would rather have left Becks on. Vic is hopeless.

Bizarre that Bily only got a few minutes when we were crying out for someone to unlock the defence. I suppose we were dominating possession and Moyes didn't want to upset the rhythm, but then why bring on Vic?
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Thu 10 Mar 2011, 12:58 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

I don't think Moyes was settling for a point in any way but I also would rather have left Becks on. Vic is hopeless.

Bizarre that Bily only got a few minutes when we were crying out for someone to unlock the defence. I suppose we were dominating possession and Moyes didn't want to upset the rhythm, but then why bring on Vic?

All I mean is that you might have well brought me on and hoped I did something. I am sure I would have about as much chance as Vic. He is useless.

Number of posts : 13115
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Thu 10 Mar 2011, 1:08 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

All I mean is that you might have well brought me on and hoped I did something. I am sure I would have about as much chance as Vic. He is useless.

Agreed, we'd be better off with 10 men!
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7