20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

Page 2 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

Post  The President on Sun 04 Sep 2011, 7:55 am

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is keeping tabs on midfielder Ross Barkley's progress at Everton - and could make a move for the 17-year-old in January.
Full story: the People

The President

Number of posts : 11298
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:27 am

The President wrote:Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is keeping tabs on midfielder Ross Barkley's progress at Everton - and could make a move for the 17-year-old in January.
Full story: the People

Lazy journalism now they can't link Spurs to any players.

Number of posts : 27998
Registration date : 2005-10-13

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sun 04 Sep 2011, 11:37 am

Follow, follow, follow. Everton are the team we follow, and Ross Barkley's better than Mikel Arteta, he's the best little scouser we know. cheers
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20983
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 04 Sep 2011, 11:59 am

Barkley won't go anywhere for a season or two. Then we'll see if he turns out to be any good. My gut feeling is he is going to be good but not amazing and he will stay with us for at least five or six years as a first team regular. Assuming he does progress, we'll have a more muscular style in midfield, away from the neat "little man" style that Pienaar, Arteta and Ossie had. Fellaini breaking up play and feeding Barkley, Coleman out wide on the right, the new nutter from Real out wide on the left, the massive poor-man's-Carroll up front sticking his nut on Baines and Colemans looping crosses. It won't be pretty but I reckon we;ll be ok.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23474
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Luka Perfect on Sun 04 Sep 2011, 12:18 pm

I think we should keep him, as with a name like his the bank should lend us more money hopefully. In fact we should charge them as it is extra advertising for them.
Luka Perfect

Number of posts : 7259
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/seinfeld/tvindex.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 05 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/everton-fc/2011/09/05/everton-fc-youngster-ross-barkley-already-on-fabio-capello-s-england-radar-55578-29363144/

“We need to improve,” said the Italian. “That depends if I will find another Wilshere, whether Jones will be okay, whether Barkley will be okay."
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20983
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:27 pm

made his under 21 debut tonight. Subbed after 73 minutes. Sincerely hoping that was tactical rather than injury related.........
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:43 am

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1457998_manchester-united-eye-raid-on-teen-titan-ross-barkley

It is understood the champions have attempted to persuade Everton manager David Moyes to sell during the window that closed last week – and were prepared to allow Darron Gibson to move to Merseyside and offer cash as well in order to land the starlet.

Super

Number of posts : 35907
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:08 am

Super wrote:http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1457998_manchester-united-eye-raid-on-teen-titan-ross-barkley

It is understood the champions have attempted to persuade Everton manager David Moyes to sell during the window that closed last week – and were prepared to allow Darron Gibson to move to Merseyside and offer cash as well in order to land the starlet.

Just makes me want to puke!
Sod off Taggart. One more reason to dislike red nose.
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5755
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad on Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:35 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Super wrote:http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1457998_manchester-united-eye-raid-on-teen-titan-ross-barkley

They were even prepared to let Darron Gibson leave, oh wow, what a scarifice! I'd want 40m plus Rooney! Do one!
notepad

Number of posts : 5166

View user profile http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:37 am

notepad wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

They were even prepared to let Darron Gibson leave, oh wow, what a scarifice! I'd want 40m plus Rooney! Do one!

Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad on Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:37 am

Super wrote:
notepad wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Damn, anger typing!
notepad

Number of posts : 5166

View user profile http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Wed 07 Sep 2011, 9:59 am

Sir Alex Ferguson will look to tempt Everton into selling midfield starlet Ross Barkley with an offer of £10m plus two squad players when the transfer window re-opens in January. The Old Trafford boss has successfully dealt with the Toffees on a number of past transfer between the two sides and his close relationship with David Moyes may be key in securing a deal to sign the promising youngster.

Barkley has impressed many with his performances in Everton’s opening two games of the Premier League season and has broken into the England Under 21 squad despite being just 17 years of age. The rangy box to box midfielder has attracted a lot of attention with his displays in Toffees reserves and helped the England Under 17 side to a European Championship success in 2010 and now has seamlessly slotted into proceedings in the first team.

Ferguson has spent the past 18 months bringing in the best young talent from around the world to ply their trade alongside those successfully coming through the ranks of the Man United academy. The likes of Javier Hernandez, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones and David de Gea have been brought in whilst youngsters like Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley served their apprenticeships on loan at Sunderland and Wigan respectively before making their way into first team action and it appears that Barkley is next on his wish-list.

Indeed another Everton talent, Jack Rodwell, was reportedly made available to the Man United boss during the last transfer window as the Merseyside club attempted to balance the books, that deal did not come to fruition and instead Mikel Arteta was sold to Arsenal.

To help sweeten the deal to bring Barkley to Old Trafford Ferguson will allow Moyes a choice of two of his back up squad which includes midfielder Darron Gibson, keeper Tomasz Kuszczak and striker Mame Biram Diouf. The incentive of players included into a cash deal may appeal to the Everton boss as he looks to garner strength in numbers to improve his fairly small first team squad.

Get in there quick Davey lad!
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KoelJagz on Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:17 am

Super wrote:
Sir Alex Ferguson will look to tempt Everton into selling midfield starlet Ross Barkley with an offer of £10m plus two squad players when the transfer window re-opens in January. The Old Trafford boss has successfully dealt with the Toffees on a number of past transfer between the two sides and his close relationship with David Moyes may be key in securing a deal to sign the promising youngster.

Barkley has impressed many with his performances in Everton’s opening two games of the Premier League season and has broken into the England Under 21 squad despite being just 17 years of age. The rangy box to box midfielder has attracted a lot of attention with his displays in Toffees reserves and helped the England Under 17 side to a European Championship success in 2010 and now has seamlessly slotted into proceedings in the first team.

Ferguson has spent the past 18 months bringing in the best young talent from around the world to ply their trade alongside those successfully coming through the ranks of the Man United academy. The likes of Javier Hernandez, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones and David de Gea have been brought in whilst youngsters like Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley served their apprenticeships on loan at Sunderland and Wigan respectively before making their way into first team action and it appears that Barkley is next on his wish-list.

Indeed another Everton talent, Jack Rodwell, was reportedly made available to the Man United boss during the last transfer window as the Merseyside club attempted to balance the books, that deal did not come to fruition and instead Mikel Arteta was sold to Arsenal.

To help sweeten the deal to bring Barkley to Old Trafford Ferguson will allow Moyes a choice of two of his back up squad which includes midfielder Nani, keeper David De Gea and striker Dimitar Berbatov. The incentive of players included into a cash deal may appeal to the Everton boss as he looks to garner strength in numbers to improve his fairly small first team squad.

NowGet in there quick Davey lad!

Number of posts : 26801
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:50 am

Taggart managed to unsettle Rodders, now he's started screwing around with Barkley.
This sort of stuff really makes me puke, and as always the press so slobbering around SAF like he's some god.
Feck off Man Yoo, I'm even starting to dislaike Charlton, just by association.
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5755
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:28 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:Taggart managed to unsettle Rodders, now he's started screwing around with Barkley.
This sort of stuff really makes me puke, and as always the press so slobbering around SAF like he's some god.

It's just paper talk, total bollocks. I doubt Taggart has even spoken to Moyes about Barkley. Fact is, if ManUre had Barkley, the first thing they'd do is loan him out for a season, maybe two. So they may as well leave him at Goodison anyway, see how he progresses, rather than take a punt on him now at 17. I hate the media making this shit up because, as you say, all it does is unsettle the player.
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:38 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Taggart managed to unsettle Rodders, now he's started screwing around with Barkley.

It's just paper talk, total bollocks. I doubt Taggart has even spoken to Moyes about Barkley. Fact is, if ManUre had Barkley, the first thing they'd do is loan him out for a season, maybe two. So they may as well leave him at Goodison anyway, see how he progresses, rather than take a punt on him now at 17. I hate the media making this shit up because, as you say, all it does is unsettle the player.

And I don't think he has been THAT good yet. The talent is there, there is no doubt of that, but that penalty at Blackburn shows he is very, very raw and the Rooney comparisions are very unfair.

I hope he drifts in and out of the team this season, and keep him well away from the derby games.

Number of posts : 27998
Registration date : 2005-10-13

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:44 am

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

And I don't think he has been THAT good yet. The talent is there, there is no doubt of that, but that penalty at Blackburn shows he is very, very raw and the Rooney comparisions are very unfair.

I hope he drifts in and out of the team this season, and keep him well away from the derby games.

I tend to agree - he's shown he may have something, but it's all just raw talent at the moment, and he's made as many mistakes as he has goal assists or shots. Having said that, I think he will get a good run of games, barring injury, because we are so short of that kind of talent in the squad.
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:45 am

hairy cataract wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I tend to agree - he's shown he may have something, but it's all just raw talent at the moment, and he's made as many mistakes as he has goal assists or shots. Having said that, I think he will get a good run of games, barring injury, because we are so short of that kind of talent players in the squad.

Just corrected your last sentence mate.
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:49 pm

Super wrote:

To help sweeten the deal to bring Barkley to Old Trafford Ferguson will allow Moyes a choice of two of his back up squad which includes midfielder Darron Gibson, keeper Tomasz Kuszczak and striker Mame Biram Diouf. The incentive of players included into a cash deal may appeal to the Everton boss as he looks to garner strength in numbers to improve his fairly small first team squad.

Get in there quick Davey lad!
INteresting, but it's hard to justify his attention at the moment. He just started playing for the first team and all of a sudden he's linked with Man Utd? scratch He does have talent, no doubt, but let's keep things in perspective.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65517

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:50 pm

Super wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I tend to agree - he's shown he may have something, but it's all just raw talent at the moment, and he's made as many mistakes as he has goal assists or shots. Having said that, I think he will get a good run of games, barring injury, because we are so short of that kind of talent players in the squad.

Just corrected your last sentence mate.
Laughing Laughing Laughing And you'd be correct. No
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65517

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Tue 20 Sep 2011, 12:46 am

Chelsea are plotting a £20m January swoop for Everton midfield starlet Ross Barkley.
Full story: Daily Mirror

The President

Number of posts : 11298
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:40 am

The President wrote:Chelsea are plotting a £20m January swoop for Everton midfield starlet Ross Barkley.
Full story: Daily Mirror

FFS, here we go again
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6697

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerKoelMister? on Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:57 am

the connection is that the Everton Scout who recruited Barkley has moved to Chavski. Probably nicking all his files when he left. Expect Bill to sue Chelsea for the return of the binders and paper clips.
mindyerKoelMister?

Number of posts : 17037
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 20 Sep 2011, 8:37 am

Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas wants Everton wonderkid Ross Barkley - and is ready to offer a staggering £20million for the teenage sensation.

Barkley has only played a handful of games for David Moyes’ senior side, but the Portuguese coach has already decided he is the man for him and plans to tie up a deal for the January transfer window.

The young Merseysider - who won’t be 18 until December - is rated one of the best young midfielders around, and Chelsea chief Villas-Boas has ordered his scouts to find him new talent as he builds for the future.

The Stamford Bridge side made an informal approach for Barkley in the summer window, but Moyes asked them to stay away.

However, they will be back - and with serious cash.

Everton sold Wayne Rooney to Manchester United at a similar age in 2004, and it would take a fee almost as outrageous as that £20m deal to make them sell Barkley, despite all of their financial problems.

Moyes is trying to keep Barkley under wraps, using him sparingly and even leaving him on the bench at the weekend although his team are struggling.

However, Chelsea are convinced about the teen - a discovery of super-scout Mick Doherty, who quit Everton for the west London club a few weeks ago.

Moyes knows he faces a ferocious fight to keep Barkley, and Everton owner Bill Kenwright will also be reluctant to do business, but Chelsea are willing to pay hard cash and will outbid any rivals to land such a top talent.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has made a personal check too, having been tipped off that Barkley may have to be sold, but Chelsea are primed to go in harder for him than the champions are.

It would be a huge psychological blow for Everton to lose their latest ‘find’, but if the cash went on signing players rather than on balancing the books, that could be a consolation for Moyes.
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top