20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 01 Sep 2017, 12:42 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:Any bets he now signs a new contract, which I believe is still on the table. Rolling Eyes
I actually think that he will ... and secretly I'll be happy if he does... I think he is a bloody good player on his day .. albeit inconsistent & unreliable + a massive ego... but bloody good
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33006
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Fri 01 Sep 2017, 12:46 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:Any bets he now signs a new contract, which I believe is still on the table. Rolling Eyes

Not a fucking chance
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13079
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Fri 01 Sep 2017, 12:52 pm

Someone posted this on Toffeeweb and, in my eyes, this sounds the most plausible explanation of last night's events:

I have been trying to work this one out, and there is only one story which seems to hold water. That is:
The player wanted to go to Spurs. They encouraged that thought, without doing anything concrete.

Chelsea stepped in, with an offer EFC could not refuse, i.e. 30m plus add-ons.

He goes down to London, a bit dazed. During the medical, Spurs e-mail an offer of 20m plus add-ons to EFC and copy his agent in. Agent tells player. EFC refuse Spurs offer, on the entirely reasonable ground, that someone else has offered a lot more.

Spurs say [to agent] they will offer the same 20m in January, and point out that he's injured till then anyway. Player pulls out.

So, he hasn't had a sudden attack of loyalty. He's going to Spurs for 20m in January, and once again, Mr. Levy gets what he wants.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Fri 01 Sep 2017, 9:51 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Someone posted this on Toffeeweb and, in my eyes, this sounds the most plausible explanation of last night's events:

I have been trying to work this one out, and there is only one story which seems to hold water. That is:
The player wanted to go to Spurs. They encouraged that thought, without doing anything concrete.

Chelsea stepped in, with an offer EFC could not refuse, i.e. 30m plus add-ons.

He goes down to London, a bit dazed. During the medical, Spurs e-mail an offer of 20m plus add-ons to EFC and copy his agent in. Agent tells player. EFC refuse Spurs offer, on the entirely reasonable ground, that someone else has offered a lot more.

Spurs say [to agent] they will offer the same 20m in January, and point out that he's injured till then anyway. Player pulls out.

So, he hasn't had a sudden attack of loyalty. He's going to Spurs for 20m in January, and once again, Mr. Levy gets what he wants.

Sounds likely, though I question whether Spurs will offer 20m in Jan. I'd expect 10-15m tops.
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3228
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper on Sat 02 Sep 2017, 1:53 pm

Barkleys on twitter now confirming he's nothing but a rat. I hope the club refuse to sell him in January and fuck up any chance he has of going to the World Cup.
Lumper

Number of posts : 5831
Registration date : 2007-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic View next topic Back to top