10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 1 Sep - 0:22



Last edited by Yankthattoffee on Thu 1 Sep - 12:27; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5868
Age : 65
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Tonteau on Thu 1 Sep - 0:24

Aparently he was boss on loan at Hercules last season (Think they got relegated though Rolling Eyes )

He's got Heitinga here, so that may settle him. Although Heitinga is a bit of a gobshite.
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 1 Sep - 0:30

Tonteau wrote:Aparently he was boss on loan at Hercules last season (Think they got relegated though Rolling Eyes )

He's got Heitinga here, so that may settle him. Although Heitinga is a bit of a gobshite.

and what about this guy (Could be a DM master stroke)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfHlDVjRuuY&feature=related
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5868
Age : 65
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Mr_Ben on Thu 1 Sep - 6:16

Dutch Winger coming to save Everton.

Back in August 2004 are we?
avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18327
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Brummie No Mates on Thu 1 Sep - 12:56

Mr_Ben wrote:Dutch Winger coming to save Everton.

Back in August 2004 are we?
Boooo!!! Realist! Laughing
avatar
Brummie No Mates

Number of posts : 6679
Age : 39
Location : 102 Miles South Of Goodison Park
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Thu 1 Sep - 14:15

Brummie No Mates wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:Dutch Winger coming to save Everton.

Back in August 2004 are we?
Boooo!!! Realist! Laughing

Paid for himself, in my eyes, with one cross against the shite. I also officially forgive Gosling
avatar
mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17163
Age : 951
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner on Thu 1 Sep - 16:44

Talks the talk, let's hope he walks the walk.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5hQyc3185inBiU8HStNO5lLufg7UQ?docId=N0138611314876332817A

Royston Drenthe is confident he can make an impact in the Barclays Premier League with Everton.

The Real Madrid winger joined the Toffees on a season-long loan on Wednesday during a busy day transfer deadline day at the Merseyside club. The 24-year-old Dutchman has slipped out of the first-team picture at the Bernabeu and spent last season on loan at Hercules.

Drenthe told the club's website, www.evertonfc.com: "I think that my qualities are English qualities, the way I play football. I have technique and I like to work hard. I think this competition is a perfect competition for me."

He added: "The Spanish league was a good league but different. It is not so fast, it is slow.

"Here it goes fast and I think that is more my style of play."

The former Feyenoord player had become frustrated at Madrid and, even though his move to Everton was frantic as the club tried to beat the deadline, he is pleased it went through.

He added: "It was on the last day but I am feeling really happy, all my family is happy and I think I can do a really good job at Everton.

"I think it is a good team and it is good for my future. I am glad to be here.

"It has been a really difficult month for me, training hard with Real Madrid but not playing with the team. That kind of thing is hard for a player."
avatar
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2216
Age : 36
Location : Wiltshire
Registration date : 2006-01-27

View user profile http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner on Thu 1 Sep - 16:47

Drenthe vs Villareal

avatar
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2216
Age : 36
Location : Wiltshire
Registration date : 2006-01-27

View user profile http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  RhinoJagz on Thu 1 Sep - 19:37

Must be good, we share the same birthday.. Happy Birthday

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26846
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  RhinoJagz on Fri 2 Sep - 12:54

From our friends at the Mail again. Seemingly, just pay him and play him and we should be ok. Very Happy

ROYSTON DRENTHE (Real Madrid to Everton free)
Everton boss David Moyes and dangerous driver Royston Drenthe were made for each other. When being played and paid – two things that were not happening to him at Real Madrid and Hercules respectively – Drenthe will run all day for the cause.
He still has the pace and skill that made him the sensation of the 2007 Under 21 tournament in Holland, all he needs is the discipline of a strong coach.
He turned down a move to Benfica because he wants to play in midfield not at full-back and he has put various driving discretions behind him – most notably the head-on crash with a police car driving away from this Real Madrid debut.
At a proper football club Drenthe could still become a proper player… and Everton, despite being at the bottom of the food chain this transfer window, are still a proper football club.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2032764/Cesc-Fabregas-Game-Spains-summer-transfer-XI.html#ixzz1WnN73wsi

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26846
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Dixie Land on Fri 2 Sep - 13:01

Bluejags wrote:From our friends at the Mail again. Seemingly, just pay him and play him and we should be ok. Very Happy

ROYSTON DRENTHE (Real Madrid to Everton free)
Everton boss David Moyes and dangerous driver Royston Drenthe were made for each other. When being played and paid – two things that were not happening to him at Real Madrid and Hercules respectively – Drenthe will run all day for the cause.
He still has the pace and skill that made him the sensation of the 2007 Under 21 tournament in Holland, all he needs is the discipline of a strong coach.
He turned down a move to Benfica because he wants to play in midfield not at full-back and he has put various driving discretions behind him – most notably the head-on crash with a police car driving away from this Real Madrid debut.
At a proper football club Drenthe could still become a proper player… and Everton, despite being at the bottom of the food chain this transfer window, are still a proper football club.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2032764/Cesc-Fabregas-Game-Spains-summer-transfer-XI.html#ixzz1WnN73wsi

The headline in the Mail was "Foreigner takes English man's job" though.
avatar
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20991
Age : 39
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  RhinoJagz on Fri 2 Sep - 13:05

Dixie Land wrote:
Bluejags wrote:From our friends at the Mail again. Seemingly, just pay him and play him and we should be ok. Very Happy

ROYSTON DRENTHE (Real Madrid to Everton free)
Everton boss David Moyes and dangerous driver Royston Drenthe were made for each other. When being played and paid – two things that were not happening to him at Real Madrid and Hercules respectively – Drenthe will run all day for the cause.
He still has the pace and skill that made him the sensation of the 2007 Under 21 tournament in Holland, all he needs is the discipline of a strong coach.
He turned down a move to Benfica because he wants to play in midfield not at full-back and he has put various driving discretions behind him – most notably the head-on crash with a police car driving away from this Real Madrid debut.
At a proper football club Drenthe could still become a proper player… and Everton, despite being at the bottom of the food chain this transfer window, are still a proper football club.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2032764/Cesc-Fabregas-Game-Spains-summer-transfer-XI.html#ixzz1WnN73wsi

The headline in the Mail was "Foreigner takes English man's job" though.

lol!
Resending through the Mail Headline-Outrage-O-Machine:

"Lazy sponging foreigner, leaching off the British taxpayer, takes vulnerable scared English man's job."

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26846
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Tonteau on Tue 6 Sep - 15:54

He's a free agent at the end of the season (so basically we can kiss him goodbye if he plays even half decent).
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Super on Tue 6 Sep - 15:56

Tonteau wrote:He's a free agent at the end of the season (so basically we can kiss him goodbye if he plays even half decent).

Or he loves his time at Goodison Park and we sign him up!
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 36087
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 6 Sep - 15:58

Tonteau wrote:He's a free agent at the end of the season (so basically we can kiss him goodbye if he plays even half decent).

If he is a free agent can he not start discussing terms with new clubs 6 months prior to his Contract expiring?

avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18327
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Tue 6 Sep - 16:59

Mr_Ben wrote:
Tonteau wrote:He's a free agent at the end of the season (so basically we can kiss him goodbye if he plays even half decent).

If he is a free agent can he not start discussing terms with new clubs 6 months prior to his Contract expiring?



The point Tonteau is making is that we are the vehicle for him to put himself in the shop window. If he's any good, another team that can afford his wages will come in for him anyway.

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
avatar
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13098
Age : 39
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 6 Sep - 18:12

Roy Stone Drenched wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Tonteau wrote:He's a free agent at the end of the season (so basically we can kiss him goodbye if he plays even half decent).

If he is a free agent can he not start discussing terms with new clubs 6 months prior to his Contract expiring?



The point Tonteau is making is that we are the vehicle for him to put himself in the shop window. If he's any good, another team that can afford his wages will come in for him anyway.

I understand that but surely EFC will know quite quickly if he is a Fernandes or a Van Der Meyde and either offer a deal or get rid
avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18327
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Albert on Tue 6 Sep - 18:23

Mr_Ben wrote:
Roy Stone Drenched wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Tonteau wrote:He's a free agent at the end of the season (so basically we can kiss him goodbye if he plays even half decent).

If he is a free agent can he not start discussing terms with new clubs 6 months prior to his Contract expiring?



The point Tonteau is making is that we are the vehicle for him to put himself in the shop window. If he's any good, another team that can afford his wages will come in for him anyway.

I understand that but surely EFC will know quite quickly if he is a Fernandes or a Van Der Meyde and either offer a deal or get rid

if he plays brilliant for us and then fucks off somewhere else then who cares? we'll have had a great season out of him. at least we know he's going to be trying.
avatar
Albert

Number of posts : 15641
Age : 34
Location : Monaco
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 6 Sep - 18:39

night
avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18327
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Tonteau on Tue 6 Sep - 23:37

Maybe he'll feel really loved at Everton and want to play on for less wages than he can get elsewhere?


BWAHAHAHA! I crack myself up sometimes.
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Super on Wed 7 Sep - 9:39

Royston Drenthe says he turned down a host of top European clubs to join Everton on loan. The speedy Real Madrid winger was a summer target for several sides, including Portuguese giants Benfica. Drenthe, 24, said: "I told my agent the only thing I wanted is to go to England. If not, I'd stay in Madrid." "He told me we had interest from Everton but we had to wait until the very end. Real wanted me to go to Benfica but I said, no, I don't want to go to Portugal." "On August 31st, he told me to take my stuff and get the plane to Everton. I was like, thank you God, thank you so much."
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 36087
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  RhinoJagz on Wed 7 Sep - 10:18

Super wrote:
Royston Drenthe says he turned down a host of top European clubs to join Everton on loan. The speedy Real Madrid winger was a summer target for several sides, including Portuguese giants Benfica. Drenthe, 24, said: "I told my agent the only thing I wanted is to go to England. If not, I'd stay in Madrid." "He told me we had interest from Everton but we had to wait until the very end. Real wanted me to go to Benfica but I said, no, I don't want to go to Portugal." "On August 31st, he told me to take my stuff and get the plane to Everton. I was like, thank you God, thank you so much."

He turned down European giants Shamrock Rovers as well.. Very Happy

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26846
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Wed 7 Sep - 13:47

Bluejags wrote:
Super wrote:
Royston Drenthe says he turned down a host of top European clubs to join Everton on loan. The speedy Real Madrid winger was a summer target for several sides, including Portuguese giants Benfica. Drenthe, 24, said: "I told my agent the only thing I wanted is to go to England. If not, I'd stay in Madrid." "He told me we had interest from Everton but we had to wait until the very end. Real wanted me to go to Benfica but I said, no, I don't want to go to Portugal." "On August 31st, he told me to take my stuff and get the plane to Everton. I was like, thank you God, thank you so much."

He turned down European giants Shamrock Rovers as well.. Very Happy
We should have sent Pienaar and Arteta on loan to Shamrock, get CL footie on their resumes....
avatar
mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17163
Age : 951
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 7 Sep - 13:51

Super wrote:
Royston Drenthe says he turned down a host of top European clubs to join Everton on loan. The speedy Real Madrid winger was a summer target for several sides, including Portuguese giants Benfica. Drenthe, 24, said: "I told my agent the only thing I wanted is to go to England. If not, I'd stay in Madrid." "He told me we had interest from Everton but we had to wait until the very end. Real wanted me to go to Benfica but I said, no, I don't want to go to Portugal." "On August 31st, he told me to take my stuff and get the plane to Everton. I was like, thank you God, thank you so much."
Pienaar must have prayed hard for it to come through...
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66074
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum