10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:51 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
Bluejags wrote:
Super wrote:
Royston Drenthe says he turned down a host of top European clubs to join Everton on loan. The speedy Real Madrid winger was a summer target for several sides, including Portuguese giants Benfica. Drenthe, 24, said: "I told my agent the only thing I wanted is to go to England. If not, I'd stay in Madrid." "He told me we had interest from Everton but we had to wait until the very end. Real wanted me to go to Benfica but I said, no, I don't want to go to Portugal." "On August 31st, he told me to take my stuff and get the plane to Everton. I was like, thank you God, thank you so much."

He turned down European giants Shamrock Rovers as well.. Very Happy
We should have sent Pienaar and Arteta on loan to Shamrock, get CL footie on their resumes....
Would sitting on the bench count though?
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66072
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 1:05 pm

notepad

Number of posts : 5167

View user profile http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 1:40 pm

"The ambience in the stadium - it feels like wolves are yelling."

(That would be me cheers )
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5867
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Fri 09 Sep 2011, 10:51 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/drenthe-relieved-to-be-at-everton-after-fierce-battles-with-mourinho-2351415.html

He's a feisty one! He's either going to be a nightmare or absolutely perfect for us. I'm quite excited about him actually. Interesting stuff about The Special One in this piece too, sounds a twat (no surprise there). Only pity is they reckon Drenthe won't be ready for tomorrow's match. I reckon he'll probably get sent off for whacking someone, but that's part of the fun isn't it? Hope he breaks Andy Carroll's cock in the derby.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23647

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Fri 09 Sep 2011, 9:48 pm

hairy cataract wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/drenthe-relieved-to-be-at-everton-after-fierce-battles-with-mourinho-2351415.html

He's a feisty one! He's either going to be a nightmare or absolutely perfect for us. I'm quite excited about him actually. Interesting stuff about The Special One in this piece too, sounds a twat (no surprise there). Only pity is they reckon Drenthe won't be ready for tomorrow's match. I reckon he'll probably get sent off for whacking someone, but that's part of the fun isn't it? Hope he breaks Andy Carroll's cock in the derby.
He does sound a bit like a nutter, it'll be interesting to see how it all ends. Hopefully it won't end in tears...
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad on Wed 14 Sep 2011, 4:07 pm

Kerry (@Kezebel_87) who I work with went to the reserve game last night, said Drente looks bananas, squared up to a AV midfielder and celebrated like he'd won the world cup when he scored! He's goning to be brilliant!!
notepad

Number of posts : 5167

View user profile http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Wed 14 Sep 2011, 4:09 pm

notepad wrote:Kerry (@Kezebel_87) who I work with went to the reserve game last night, said Drente looks bananas, squared up to a AV midfielder and celebrated like he'd won the world cup when he scored! He's goning to be brilliant!!

Yep, they had it on SSN. He got stuck right in.
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Wed 14 Sep 2011, 5:19 pm

notepad wrote:Kerry (@Kezebel_87) who I work with went to the reserve game last night, said Drente looks bananas, squared up to a AV midfielder and celebrated like he'd won the world cup when he scored! He's goning to be brilliant!!

Jesus, hope Dispatches dont start to investigate.. affraid Very Happy

Number of posts : 26846
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 14 Sep 2011, 5:42 pm

I hope this guy gets a run out on Saturday.
Looks like it could be great entertainment.
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 14 Sep 2011, 6:48 pm

Decent match highlights on Everton TV at http://evertontv.evertonfc.com/

Nice finish...
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33362

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 14 Sep 2011, 7:30 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Decent match highlights on Everton TV at http://evertontv.evertonfc.com/

Nice finish...

Thanks for the link. Looks like Gueye played well.
Armchair

Number of posts : 18512
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 15 Sep 2011, 2:16 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Decent match highlights on Everton TV at http://evertontv.evertonfc.com/

Nice finish...
Cheers for the link! Drenthe sure looks like he's going to stand up for his teammates!

Btw, the middle of the pitch appeared to be about as even as a mining shaft - that ball was bouncing all over the place!
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Thu 15 Sep 2011, 7:19 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

Nice finish...
Cheers for the link! Drenthe sure looks like he's going to stand up for his teammates!

Btw, the middle of the pitch appeared to be about as even as a mining shaft - that ball was bouncing all over the place!

It's a rugby pitch for Widnes, hence the likeness to a ploughed field Laughing
Armchair

Number of posts : 18512
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:47 am

Follow Follow Follow
The best little Dutchman I know
Cause Royston is better than Mikki Arteta

Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 3:28 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:Follow Follow Follow
Cause Royston is better than Mikki Arteta

love it Very Happy
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6984

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:45 am

Was just wondering about the Drenthe man..

I know it's early days, but it does look like we've got ourselves a little gem here... fiery, quick, keen, looks to gel with fans already, composed, skillful... could be a fantastic player for us all round..

the question is..

do we have a make permanent for £xxM option on him??.. or are we just showcasing him and when he turns out to be a great prem player.. chavs, citeh, manure... or the shite No go pick him up for 20M ?

anyone know if we can make him permanent & if so how much ... and yes, i do know we have no money at the moment before the smartarse comments come flying in
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:51 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Was just wondering about the Drenthe man..

I know it's early days, but it does look like we've got ourselves a little gem here... fiery, quick, keen, looks to gel with fans already, composed, skillful... could be a fantastic player for us all round..

the question is..

do we have a make permanent for £xxM option on him??.. or are we just showcasing him and when he turns out to be a great prem player.. chavs, citeh, manure... or the shite No go pick him up for 20M ?

anyone know if we can make him permanent & if so how much ... and yes, i do know we have no money at the moment before the smartarse comments come flying in

I would like to see what his tracking back ability is like. Yes he looks great going forward but he has to help out Baines when we play against decent teams.
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18327
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:56 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:

the question is..

I would like to see what his tracking back ability is like. Yes he looks great going forward but he has to help out Baines when we play against decent teams.
In both games he came on as sub, he covered Baines when Baines went off on a dribbling thingy, dropping back inot the LB spot. I think he's looking to please, so I see him being a great bit of Moysey business.
What did Lawro say on MOTD? Something like 'with Villa and others clearing out their expensive players, balancing their books and developing a team spirit, maybe that's the way to go.'
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 1:01 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

the question is..

In both games he came on as sub, he covered Baines when Baines went off on a dribbling thingy, dropping back inot the LB spot. I think he's looking to please, so I see him being a great bit of Moysey business.
What did Lawro say on MOTD? Something like 'with Villa and others clearing out their expensive players, balancing their books and developing a team spirit, maybe that's the way to go.'
..aha... but do we have an option to buy him?
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 1:28 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

the question is..

I'd hope so, but maybe someone else has some inside knowledge?
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 1:35 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

the question is..

he's out of contract at the end of season so everyone has an option to buy him!
Albert

Number of posts : 15641
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 1:53 pm

Albert wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

the question is..

he's out of contract at the end of season so everyone has an option to buy him!
ok, I didn't know that ! ... good news then if he becomes a sweetheart of the Gwladys & falls in love with the club...

It also means we can afford his transfer fee cheers
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 3:04 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

the question is..

I thought I read somewhere that he only has 1 year left on his current contract, but I could be wrong. Might not make sense for RM to loan him out based on that, so I am not sure.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 3:38 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

the question is..

I thought I read somewhere that he only has 1 year left on his current contract, but I could be wrong. Might not make sense for RM to loan him out based on that, so I am not sure.

RM supposedly loaned him out but were liable for the balance of his wages, and the club he went to hadn't paid any players for months.
mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17163
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 3:38 pm

I like him more than I liked Pienaar..
mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17163
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top