Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 5:06 pm

Osman, Felli and Baines were excellent.

Forgot what it was like to win 2-0 away from home and at ease.

However the weather was terrible, is it ever sunshiine in Bolton?
avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18327
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 5:08 pm

Clearly not the best of games, and the sending off tipped it in our favour - no doubt. It was massive to get the early goal at the beginning of the second half. It forced Bolton to at least try and go forward and not just park the bus and hope for a 0-0.

Stand out player? I think both Baines and Coleman did really well. I'd give the MOTD to Baines though.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66074
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 5:09 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:We won but we were shit!!

I don't think we were, there just wasn't an opposition midfield, they had 3 up front and 6( Very Happy ) back. We kept it on the deck much of the time until Vellios came on and we could get him into foot-races with their defence.

I've said this before but I'd start Vellios and use Saha later. Saha put in a good shift but against Notlob's giants he's always going to take a battering.
I agree.. I thought we were ok ... Cahill worked his balls off & deserved a goal for the 2nd half header... back line was solid.. J5 was even ok today.. Bily gained in confidence but still went missing a bit too often for my liking... ossie was quiet... Felli bossed the anchor, but had little to do... Saha worked hard & was a threat but really shouldn't be alone against 10 men up front.. Howard could have had a snooze for 80 mins & no-one would have noticed..

Ref made a good call, although it was a tad harsh... it was correct.. both feet off the ground , missed the ball & caught Bily... red was correct

I'm happy with that overall .... COYB
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33363
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 5:09 pm

up to 8th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18327
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Statman on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 5:11 pm

Statman wrote:We've got to win this game from this position. I'm predicting 0-2 with Cahill getting assisting with one of them.

My ability to predict is amazing. Very Happy
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 7039
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 5:12 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:We won but we were shit!!

I don't think we were, there just wasn't an opposition midfield, they had 3 up front and 6( Very Happy ) back. We kept it on the deck much of the time until Vellios came on and we could get him into foot-races with their defence.

I've said this before but I'd start Vellios and use Saha later. Saha put in a good shift but against Notlob's giants he's always going to take a battering.
I agree.. I thought we were ok ... Cahill worked his balls off & deserved a goal for the 2nd half header... back line was solid.. J5 was even ok today.. Bily gained in confidence but still went missing a bit too often for my liking... ossie was quiet... Felli bossed the anchor, but had little to do... Saha worked hard & was a threat but really shouldn't be alone against 10 men up front.. Howard could have had a snooze for 80 mins & no-one would have noticed..

Ref made a good call, although it was a tad harsh... it was correct.. both feet off the ground , missed the ball & caught Bily... red was correct

I'm happy with that overall .... COYB

I thought we were far from shit today. The game was dire but we fought well against a very physical side and kept trying to get the ball into goal scoring positions. I thought that Coleman had a really good game today and that Fellaini was untouchable in the 2nd half (after a dodgy start to the first half).

Some games have to be won with hard graft and, even though it may not be great to watch, we did it brilliantly today.
avatar
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20991
Age : 39
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 5:18 pm

Statman wrote:
Statman wrote:We've got to win this game from this position. I'm predicting 0-2 with Cahill getting assisting with one of them.

My ability to predict is amazing. Very Happy
Don't forget to mention your stunning good looks. Very Happy
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66074
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 5:20 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:We won but we were shit!!

I don't think we were, there just wasn't an opposition midfield, they had 3 up front and 6( Very Happy ) back. We kept it on the deck much of the time until Vellios came on and we could get him into foot-races with their defence.

I've said this before but I'd start Vellios and use Saha later. Saha put in a good shift but against Notlob's giants he's always going to take a battering.
I agree.. I thought we were ok ... Cahill worked his balls off & deserved a goal for the 2nd half header... back line was solid.. J5 was even ok today.. Bily gained in confidence but still went missing a bit too often for my liking... ossie was quiet... Felli bossed the anchor, but had little to do... Saha worked hard & was a threat but really shouldn't be alone against 10 men up front.. Howard could have had a snooze for 80 mins & no-one would have noticed..

Ref made a good call, although it was a tad harsh... it was correct.. both feet off the ground , missed the ball & caught Bily... red was correct

I'm happy with that overall .... COYB

I thought we were far from shit today. The game was dire but we fought well against a very physical side and kept trying to get the ball into goal scoring positions. I thought that Coleman had a really good game today and that Fellaini was untouchable in the 2nd half (after a dodgy start to the first half).

Some games have to be won with hard graft and, even though it may not be great to watch, we did it brilliantly today.
I was surprised, even with Wheater's sending iff, how much time we had on the ball in the middle of the pitch. I think our movement off the ball was good, but I think it was more down to Bolton backing off hoping to get a 0-0 draw.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66074
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 5:20 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
felli's 5 yr plan wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:FT - 0-2. 3 massive points! And I'd like to thank Mr. Weather for that silly tackles that got him sent off. cheers

wheater lol!
Embarassed Embarassed
Laughing

I would like to thank Mr Weather for making it rain so that the linesman couldn't see that Fellaini was offside. cheers

Actually, he might have actually been played on by one of Gary Cahill's legs.

avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33363
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 5:25 pm

from the Grauniad comments

Ha, you can all scoff at Bolton, but the fixture list has been very cruel to them. It keeps putting them against Premier League teams week-in week-out. lol!

Not sure what Moyes is thinking.... starting the recovery before Christmas is the kind of insanity that gets us into contention for the Thursday night series of distraction fixtures for 2012/13 season. lol!
avatar
mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17163
Age : 951
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Statman on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 5:29 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Statman wrote:
Statman wrote:We've got to win this game from this position. I'm predicting 0-2 with Cahill getting assisting with one of them.

My ability to predict is amazing. Very Happy
Don't forget to mention your stunning good looks. Very Happy

I'll leave that for you to do. Wink
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 7039
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 5:33 pm

This is interesting, to me anyway. I'd say it was an excellent indicator of a balanced team
avatar
mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17163
Age : 951
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 5:43 pm

Statman wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Statman wrote:
Statman wrote:We've got to win this game from this position. I'm predicting 0-2 with Cahill getting assisting with one of them.

My ability to predict is amazing. Very Happy
Don't forget to mention your stunning good looks. Very Happy

I'll leave that for you to do. Wink
Laughing Granted, I don't know what you look like, but you sound handsome. Very Happy
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66074
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Statman on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 5:54 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Statman wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Statman wrote:
Statman wrote:We've got to win this game from this position. I'm predicting 0-2 with Cahill getting assisting with one of them.

My ability to predict is amazing. Very Happy
Don't forget to mention your stunning good looks. Very Happy

I'll leave that for you to do. Wink
Laughing Granted, I don't know what you look like, but you sound handsome. Very Happy

I've always liked you.
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 7039
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 6:00 pm

Statman wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Statman wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Statman wrote:
Statman wrote:We've got to win this game from this position. I'm predicting 0-2 with Cahill getting assisting with one of them.

My ability to predict is amazing. Very Happy
Don't forget to mention your stunning good looks. Very Happy

I'll leave that for you to do. Wink
Laughing Granted, I don't know what you look like, but you sound handsome. Very Happy

I've always liked you.
Likewise mate.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66074
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 6:00 pm

Everton midfielder Tim Cahill on Twitter: "Buzzing to win on my 250th appearance for Everton and 500th in uk. Cant beat the winning feeling. Proud day for me and my family"
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66074
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Statman on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 6:04 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Everton midfielder Tim Cahill on Twitter: "Buzzing to win on my 250th appearance for Everton and 500th in uk. Cant beat the winning feeling. Proud day for me and my family"

Definitely an Everton legend.
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 7039
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Armchair on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 6:54 pm

Did we win? Very Happy
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18512
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 9:03 pm

To show how bad Bolton were, they announced Eagles as the MOTM !!

I thought Felli played as we all think he should. Box to box, short decisive passing, won everything in the air that came his way, and disrupted them as only he knows how. Plus a goal !
Saha, as always, wants one touch too many, before giving it away or allowing one their giants to nick it off him.
Cahill gave is all, but it's just not quite enough any more.
Get Velly the Welly on more (he was interviewed after the game. Came over very well. Also said that he had been coached by Big Duncan this week. Expect fireworks soon)
What happened to Drench?
Wide men looked good today.
Baines bursting through in the second half, with a blast from 10 yards that (or should that be which?) flew over the bar, would have been nice.
When we're up by a couple of goals, that's when Hibbo needs to cut inside and just bury on.
For Howard, that's 2 saves in 2 games. Cut his pay BK.

BTW, Bolton were awful.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5868
Age : 65
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 11:26 pm

Last on MOTD Mad
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33363
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Lumper on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 11:35 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Last on MOTD Mad

Our game wasn't great but Arsenal v Fulham's was abysmal.
avatar
Lumper

Number of posts : 5873
Age : 41
Location : Dublin
Registration date : 2007-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Mr_Ben on Sun 27 Nov 2011, 9:47 am

Royston Vasey wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Last on MOTD Mad

Our game wasn't great but Arsenal v Fulham's was abysmal.

We were on NAtional Geographic HD yesterday, instead of Abu Dhabi Sports. They had bloody show jumpin on instead. I couldn't find our match at 7pm (3pm UK time) scrolled about 80 channels to find us, by chance.
avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18327
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Armchair on Sun 27 Nov 2011, 11:30 am

Is it worth asking how Bily played?
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18512
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 27 Nov 2011, 12:00 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Is it worth asking how Bily played?

OK. Nothing to have the crowd moaning at him. Not outstanding, but he gave Baines some room to move, which he doesn't always do. Whacked in a few decent crosses, and did a fabulous swan dive for Wheater to admire. He moved inside on a few occasions. There are some who believe that is where he should be playing rather than out wide. 7/10 would be my goalmouth view.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5868
Age : 65
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Sun 27 Nov 2011, 2:34 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Is it worth asking how Bily played?

Telegraph says 69% pass accuracy which is the second worst on the team after Saha. So 100% better than usual .... Very Happy
avatar
mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17163
Age : 951
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolton 0 Everton 2 (Fellaini, Vellios)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum