7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Blue gazza on Mon 22 Jul 2013, 11:50 am

Helenqu wrote:I hope he doesn't go, I want to see if Bob can get him back into scoring mood.

I think he will come good again, for what we may get for him i do not think it would be enough to replace
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6754
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Mon 22 Jul 2013, 8:23 pm

I don't think he is as good as when he was scoring loads but I don't think he is as bad as last season, I think he started trying too hard if that makes sense.

He needs to be in and around the box and scoring and not doing much else, definately worth another season for me and with a new manager I don't see why he would want to go.

Number of posts : 27999
Registration date : 2005-10-13

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  KoelJagz on Mon 22 Jul 2013, 11:27 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:I don't think he is as good as when he was scoring loads but I don't think he is as bad as last season, I think he started trying too hard if that makes sense.

He needs to be in and around the box and scoring and not doing much else, definately worth another season for me and with a new manager I don't see why he would want to go.

Agreed. If one of Martinez's strengths is bringing the best out of attacking players then it would be interesting to see if he can revive the form of Jelly. No deal.

Number of posts : 26821
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Mon 22 Jul 2013, 11:54 pm

Bluejagz wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:I don't think he is as good as when he was scoring loads but I don't think he is as bad as last season, I think he started trying too hard if that makes sense.

Agreed. If one of Martinez's strengths is bringing the best out of attacking players then it would be interesting to see if he can revive the form of Jelly. No deal.
sorry but we can't buy the best Wigan has to offer and keep decent Everton players at the same time, its mutually exclusive you can on have one or the other - Everton players or Wigan players
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25452
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  KoelJagz on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 12:06 am

Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:

sorry but we can't buy the best Wigan has to offer and keep decent Everton players at the same time, its mutually exclusive you can on have one or the other - Everton players or Wigan players

ah shit, seriously? I didnt realised that was the deal. I welcome the impending arrival of Di Santos then,

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 6:56 pm

I hope we keep him ... he was fantastic in his first half season ... no reason why he can't be again IMO  
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33061

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 24 Jul 2013, 11:29 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I hope we keep him ... he was fantastic in his first half season ... no reason why he can't be again IMO  
Maybe a BT syndrome.
Great for one season at S'Hampton, but shyte after that.
Jelli was great when nobody knew much about him, but crap when defenders eventually decided to tackle him.
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5781
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Thu 25 Jul 2013, 10:34 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I hope we keep him ... he was fantastic in his first half season ... no reason why he can't be again IMO  
Maybe a BT syndrome.
Jelli was great when nobody knew much about him, but crap when defenders eventually decided to tackle him.

Think it's more that he came at the right time (post Jan) when we were playing well as a team and creating lots of chances but with no one to finish them off. He did that when he came, and his anticipation of the ball in the box was excellent. The start of last season we were still battling and the way Jelavic was getting the ball (i.e. In the air and to his head/chest) meant he was shown up as not in any way a hold up player. By the time we had got our collective shit together to make the kind of chances he thrives on, his confidence was shot and he couldn't hit a barn door. Totally agree with MC. He's neither as bad as last season or as good as the half-season before that. He's a 10-15 goal a season kind of player and if we can get him confident againt, he can still do a job for us.

However for a club like us, what we really need more than a Jelavic is somone like Lukaku or Benteke who can do more than just finish. Who can beat players and occupy defenders. Hopefully Vic can get into that kind of form. I think there's a reason Moyes stuck with him when we could quite easily have shipped him out to Hull or wherever. Perhaps his problem (injuries aside) was his maturity, last season he showed signs that he can be a really good player. I hope Bobby can free him up a bit. Physically he's a beast, if we can get his attitude, strike rate and fitness up, then we could have an excelent centre forward.
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 25 Jul 2013, 12:09 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Maybe a BT syndrome.

Think it's more that he came at the right time (post Jan) when we were playing well as a team and creating lots of chances but with no one to finish them off. He did that when he came, and his anticipation of the ball in the box was excellent. The start of last season we were still battling and the way Jelavic was getting the ball (i.e. In the air and to his head/chest) meant he was shown up as not in any way a hold up player. By the time we had got our collective shit together to make the kind of chances he thrives on, his confidence was shot and he couldn't hit a barn door. Totally agree with MC. He's neither as bad as last season or as good as the half-season before that. He's a 10-15 goal a season kind of player and if we can get him confident againt, he can still do a job for us.

However for a club like us, what we really need more than a Jelavic is somone like Lukaku or Benteke who can do more than just finish. Who can beat players and occupy defenders. Hopefully Vic can get into that kind of form. I think there's a reason Moyes stuck with him when we could quite easily have shipped him out to Hull or wherever. Perhaps his problem (injuries aside) was his maturity, last season he showed signs that he can be a really good player. I hope Bobby can free him up a bit. Physically he's a beast, if we can get his attitude, strike rate and fitness up, then we could have an excelent centre forward.
Maybe yours is a more positive view, so I'll go with that, although from a very early stage in the year, Jelli was missing first time chances which he was burying when he first arrived.
Hopefully Rapid Robby's new regime will suit him.
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5781
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 25 Jul 2013, 12:19 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Maybe a BT syndrome.

Maybe yours is a more positive view, so I'll go with that, although from a very early stage in the year, Jelli was missing first time chances which he was burying when he first arrived.

I dunno, I really don't see Vic stepping up to the plate. Being a beast is not really enough these days IMO. I just don't think he has enough other attributes to make a PL centre-forward. My assumption is that Kone will be first choice striker and Jelli will be on the bench to start with. Bobby would probably be sorely tempted if he could get £6m for Jelli and use that money to buy a player of his own choosing, rather than one he's inherited. I don't think he would see Jelli as being one of the existing players that he would rate essential to the squad. Like I say, all things being equal, I would imagine he would rather keep just Jags, Baines, Felli, Pienaar, Gibson, Mirallas, Ossie, Coleman, Oviedo, maybe Vic, a few of the up and comings like Barkley, and replace the rest. It won't be an option but, as a new manager, I reckon that's what he would love to do.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23546

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Thu 25 Jul 2013, 1:22 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Maybe a BT syndrome.

I dunno, I really don't see Vic stepping up to the plate.  Being a beast is not really enough these days IMO.  I just don't think he has enough other attributes to make a PL centre-forward.  My assumption is that Kone will be first choice striker and Jelli will be on the bench to start with.  Bobby would probably be sorely tempted if he could get £6m for Jelli and use that money to buy a player of his own choosing, rather than one he's inherited.  I don't think he would see Jelli as being one of the existing players that he would rate essential to the squad.  Like I say, all things being equal, I would imagine he would rather keep just Jags, Baines, Felli, Pienaar, Gibson, Mirallas, Ossie, Coleman, Oviedo, maybe Vic, a few of the up and comings like Barkley, and replace the rest.  It won't be an option but, as a new manager, I reckon that's what he would love to do.

Sell him to Wigan 20 mill plus MacCarthy .whose a c*nt now whelan:lol!:
sefton

Number of posts : 9296
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 2:25 pm

http://www.visir.is/drukku-rumlega-70-bjora-fram-a-rauda-nott/article/2013131119087

Maybe just found a reason why jelli has lost form. Icelandic media claiming 8 Croatia players drank 70 beers, smoked cigarettes after the match in Reykjavik.  
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Tue 19 Nov 2013, 9:55 am

Tonteau wrote:http://www.visir.is/drukku-rumlega-70-bjora-fram-a-rauda-nott/article/2013131119087

Maybe just found a reason why jelli has lost form. Icelandic media claiming 8 Croatia players drank 70 beers, smoked cigarettes after the match in Reykjavik.  

I wonder if Jelavic is turning into Andy van de mede ?
sefton

Number of posts : 9296
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:29 pm

sefton wrote:
Tonteau wrote:http://www.visir.is/drukku-rumlega-70-bjora-fram-a-rauda-nott/article/2013131119087

I wonder if Jelavic is turning into Andy van de mede ?
I assume you meant Andy van der Mead.  
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65769

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Mon 25 Nov 2013, 9:03 am

Everton manager Roberto Martinez is prepared to sell 28-year-old striker Nikica Jelavic, who is a target for West Ham, if he can find a replacement for the Croat.

Full story: Daily Mirror
Armchair

Number of posts : 18382
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Mon 25 Nov 2013, 10:19 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Everton manager Roberto Martinez is prepared to sell 28-year-old striker Nikica Jelavic, who is a target for West Ham, if he can find a replacement for the Croat.

I'm pretty sure I could score no goals and sit on the bench. And all for £20k p/w cheaper than Jelavic.
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:47 am

Tonteau wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:

I'm pretty sure I could score no goals and sit on the bench. And all for £20k p/w cheaper than Jelavic.
let's hope we put the money toward signing Lukaku permanently... and not another Kone
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 03 Jan 2014, 1:04 pm

http://www.brentwoodgazette.co.uk/West-Ham-transfer-gossip-Hammers-target/story-20396658-detail/story.html

Meanwhile, West Ham are also being linked with a move for Everton striker Nikica Jelavic.

The Croatian forward has found his chances limited under Roberto Martinez at Goodison Park this season, largely due to the impressive form of on-loan Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku.

And now, he is being linked with a move away from Merseyside, with Upton Park a potential destination

Read more: http://www.brentwoodgazette.co.uk/West-Ham-transfer-gossip-Hammers-target/story-20396658-detail/story.html#ixzz2pL9Sb7Az
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Fri 03 Jan 2014, 1:16 pm

I honestly wouldn't be too upset if we shipped him out and brought in someone to replace him. He clearly is shite these days.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65769

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Fri 03 Jan 2014, 1:16 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:http://www.brentwoodgazette.co.uk/West-Ham-transfer-gossip-Hammers-target/story-20396658-detail/story.html

Meanwhile, West Ham are also being linked with a move for Everton striker Nikica Jelavic.

The Croatian forward has found his chances limited under Roberto Martinez at Goodison Park this season, largely due to the impressive form of on-loan Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku.

And now, he is being linked with a move away from Merseyside, with Upton Park a potential destination

Read more: http://www.brentwoodgazette.co.uk/West-Ham-transfer-gossip-Hammers-target/story-20396658-detail/story.html#ixzz2pL9Sb7Az

Shhhh, let the Brentwood Gazzette spread that message.

Don't mention barn door and banjo.
Statman

Number of posts : 6976
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Fri 03 Jan 2014, 4:10 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:http://www.brentwoodgazette.co.uk/West-Ham-transfer-gossip-Hammers-target/story-20396658-detail/story.html

J5 happens to read the Brentwood Gazette - the couldn't face being in the same team as Jelli again so his own move broke down.

Number of posts : 13067

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 12:06 am

Off to QPR apparently.
Super

Number of posts : 35976
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 12:43 am

Super wrote:Off to QPR apparently.

See if he features tomorrow.
Albert

Number of posts : 15622
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 9:45 am

Albert wrote:
Super wrote:Off to QPR apparently.

See if he features tomorrow.

Off to QPR for how much? 1M?
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18321
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KoelJagz on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 10:06 am

Best place for him will be somewhere like Celtic. Score bags of goal against poor defences.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/03/everton-qpr-nikica-jelavic-transfer-deal

Queens Park Rangers will hold talks over a deal for Nikica Jelavic with Everton on Saturday as Harry Redknapp looks to beat his former club West Ham United to the signing of the Croatia international.

QPR are one of several clubs to have inquired about the 28-year-old, whom Everton are prepared to release on a permanent transfer providing the manager, Roberto Martínez, lands a replacement. Everton have received only proposed loans for Jelavic so far but QPR and West Ham are willing to pay an initial £3.5m and, with the Championship club at Goodison Park in the FA Cup third round, QPR officials will pursue their interest in the striker.

"They have asked but there is nothing concrete," Martínez said. "We have had a few clubs ask about Nikica and Johnny Heitinga because I made it public. Teams have been really interested in two players of their experience and want to find out about the situation. I think when people realise Niki is not going to be available on loan that changes things."

Martínez says Jelavic will be available for selection against his prospective employers despite being aware of interest from Redknapp, who tried to sign the striker before he joined Everton for £5m from Rangers in January 2012.

Martínez said: "I'm sure he knows because these days the players are the first to find out. It won't change his motivation if he plays. It would be very cynical to think that he would not want to knock the team out of the Cup. It's different when there is a firm bid on the table but we're not in that situation. There have been a few clubs asking about him, a few from abroad and a few from the British game."

Hamburg have also inquired about Jelavic but are understood to favour a move in the summer, whereas the striker needs regular football to secure a place in Croatia's World Cup squad. The forward has struggled to recreate his impressive impact at Everton when he scored 11 goals in 14 games. He lost his place this season to the on-loan Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku but with Arouna Koné expected to miss the remainder of the campaign with a knee injury, Martínez is adamant Jelavic will not be sold without a replacement on board.

"That would be the case with Arouna injured," he said. "Niki will never go out on loan because it would leave us totally open and we cannot replace him in that respect. He's a big asset and, if we are allowing him to move, it's out of respect to his career and what he has done for us. He needs to play to go to the World Cup and I accept that but it has to be the right terms for the club. I wouldn't let the squad be weakened just to satisfy an individual."

Everton have scouted the Standard Liège striker Michy Batshuayi but Martínez believes the 20-year-old is not ready for the Premier League. He said: "We are clear in what we need. It's someone who can fit in straight away with the physicality of the Premier League and can adapt quickly."

No new Belgiums then

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top