7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Merseyblue on Sat 11 Jan 2014, 1:42 pm

Looking at the price quoted this is a good deal, providing we have someone to come in to replace him.
As someone has pointed out, we need quality up top and not another squad player. If we don't replace him and Lukaku gets injured we're very lightweight up there.

I have faith in Roberto though †Very Happy
avatar
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163
Age : 35
Location : Preston
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Merseyblue on Mon 13 Jan 2014, 2:19 pm

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Steve-Bruce-Hull-City-record-transfer-kitty/story-20432827-detail/story.html

STEVE Bruce believes Hull Cityís readiness to spend big in the January window underlines the long-term ambition of owner Assem Allam to become part of the Premier League establishment.

City stand on the brink of a record-breaking week in the transfer market after seeing a £6.5m bid for Everton striker Nikica Jelavic accepted and following that up with a fresh approach to sign Shane Long from West Brom for the same figure.

After personal talks were staged with Jelavic yesterday, City are hopeful of convincing the Croatia international to join in the next 48 hours for a new club record fee.

There is much more work to be done in the protracted chase of Long this week, but the Tigers have made it abundantly clear to the Baggies that they prepared to spend big for a second time.




£6.5 million is more than i'd have thought †Very Happy

avatar
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163
Age : 35
Location : Preston
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 13 Jan 2014, 7:14 pm

It seems as if drugs are readily available in Hull as well as Colorado...
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Helenqu on Mon 13 Jan 2014, 8:48 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:It seems as if drugs are readily available in Hull as well as Colorado...

I used to work in Hull for a Drug and Alcohol service and YES!!!
avatar
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4853
Age : 54
Location : Hatfield, Herts.
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 13 Jan 2014, 9:00 pm

Helenqu wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:It seems as if drugs are readily available in Hull as well as Colorado...

I used to work in Hull for a Drug and Alcohol service and YES!!!

Nice job, did you get loads of free samples?
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23529
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Helenqu on Mon 13 Jan 2014, 9:20 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:It seems as if drugs are readily available in Hull as well as Colorado...

I used to work in Hull for a Drug and Alcohol service and YES!!!

Nice job, did you get loads of free samples?

This is Yorkshire we are talking about!
avatar
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4853
Age : 54
Location : Hatfield, Herts.
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Statman on Tue 14 Jan 2014, 3:13 pm

Wrong forum. He's gone.

I'm feeling a little bit sad. †SadSadSad
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 6969
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Blue gazza on Tue 14 Jan 2014, 3:43 pm

Statman wrote:Wrong forum. He's gone.

I'm feeling a little bit sad. †SadSadSad



Me too, I can't help but feel that it's a mistake to let him go. But,IMWT let's see who he replaces him with
avatar
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6743
Age : 56
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Armchair on Tue 14 Jan 2014, 4:17 pm

Shame, I still think he has goals in him. I hope he does well at Hull.

We badly need a replacement as we only have Lukaku and Vellios †Neutral
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18372
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 14 Jan 2014, 4:38 pm

Statman wrote:Wrong forum. He's gone.

I'm feeling a little bit sad. †SadSadSad
do you know the final fee ??
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33047
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Statman on Tue 14 Jan 2014, 4:45 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
Statman wrote:Wrong forum. He's gone.

I'm feeling a little bit sad. †SadSadSad
do you know the final fee ??

The word is £6.5m rising to £7.5m but it is only 'the word'. What do I know?
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 6969
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 14 Jan 2014, 7:29 pm

Statman wrote:
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
Statman wrote:Wrong forum. He's gone.

I'm feeling a little bit sad. †SadSadSad
do you know the final fee ??

The word is £6.5m rising to £7.5m but it is only 'the word'. What do I know?
To be fair, getting £6.5M for him is a great piece of business. Hopefully we can invest that towards a new striker.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Blue gazza on Tue 14 Jan 2014, 8:01 pm

michy-batshuayi perhaps †Very Happy
avatar
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6743
Age : 56
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 1:03 am

Blueberto wrote:michy-batshuayi perhaps †Very Happy

On 14th January 2014, Batshuayi agreed a long-term deal at Everton after agreeing personal terms and Standard LiŤge accepting a £7m bid, which was his previous release clause.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5778
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  KoelJagz on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 10:37 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Blueberto wrote:michy-batshuayi perhaps †Very Happy

On 14th January 2014, Batshuayi agreed a long-term deal at Everton after agreeing personal terms and Standard LiŤge accepting a £7m bid, which was his previous release clause.

Mitsubishi to his mates

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
KoelJagz

Number of posts : 26813
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 12:45 pm

Bluejagz wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Blueberto wrote:michy-batshuayi perhaps †Very Happy

On 14th January 2014, Batshuayi agreed a long-term deal at Everton after agreeing personal terms and Standard LiŤge accepting a £7m bid, which was his previous release clause.

Mitsubishi to his mates
How does "Mitch the bat" sound?
Looks direct and powerful (Youtube). A sort of Bony.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5778
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  VenezuelaBlue on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 5:37 pm

I hope he does well enough at Hull to make it to the World Cup. He would have been out of contention warming our bench. Good luck lad!
avatar
VenezuelaBlue

Number of posts : 2082
Age : 58
Location : Caracas
Registration date : 2006-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Mr_Ben on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 5:57 pm

GBP 6.5M up front
GBP 1M if Hull don't get relegated this season
avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18319
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Mr_Ben on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 5:58 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4001723/Everton-back-in-for-Rangers-ace-Nikica-Jelavic.html

If we sign him I am going cry, not in joy either. He is more lazy Michael Madar

cheerscheers

That is going to haunt you forever mate. †


avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18319
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  TD's Powder of Sympathy on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 6:19 pm

£7.5M is sensational business - especially since he a) cost £5.5M b.) went right off the boil and c) from the point of view of our P&L was already amortised to around £3M (if we assume a 4.5 to 5 year contract from 2012) - win, win, win.


_________________
Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
avatar
TD's Powder of Sympathy

Number of posts : 19948
Age : 56
Location : Wirral
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Armchair on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 6:48 pm

Toffee Dan wrote: † †£7.5M is sensational business - especially since he a) cost £5.5M b.) went right off the boil and c) from the point of view of our P&L was already amortised to around £3M (if we assume a 4.5 to 5 year contract from 2012) - win, win, win.


...provided we can bring in a replacement.
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18372
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 7:23 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:GBP 6.5M up front
GBP 1M if Hull don't get relegated this season
If, and that's a big if I think, those numbers are correct.... HOLY FOOK! WHAT A DEAL!!! †cheerscheers
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 7:24 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Toffee Dan wrote: † †£7.5M is sensational business - especially since he a) cost £5.5M b.) went right off the boil and c) from the point of view of our P&L was already amortised to around £3M (if we assume a 4.5 to 5 year contract from 2012) - win, win, win.


...provided we can bring in a replacement.
Not disagreeing with that, but Mirallas can, although not ideal, play up front.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Tonteau on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 10:24 am

Nikicia Jelavic wrote:Iíd like to take this opportunity to thank the Everton fans from the bottom of my heart for their support during my time at Goodison.

They gave me their backing from day one and never stopped believing in me, which is something I will always remember.

To score on my full debut in that memorable game against Tottenham was very special, and the feeling of Goodison that night will remain with me.

I believe the scoring run which I went on during those first six months is the real Nikica Jelavic and Iím pleased the Evertonians were able to see and appreciate what Iím really about.

Everton supporters have a special way of making you feel like one of them, and even when I was not in the team in more recent times I always felt they were behind me.

Playing for Croatia is something I also take huge pride in and with a World Cup on the horizon I was in the situation of needing to play more games to make sure I remain in Niko Kovacís thoughts ahead of the tournament in Brazil.

Unfortunately that wasnít happening at Everton, and Roberto Martinez was very honest and up front with me about his thinking.

He listened to my concerns and said he would try and do the right thing for me.

When I went to meet Steve Bruce I realised it was the right move to a club with the potential to become a top Premier League outfit in the coming years.

Steve's ambition was clear, as was his desire to see me playing and scoring goals.

While Iím sad to wave farewell to Everton and all my friends; both in the changing room, around the training ground, and the fans in the streets, it is time for my next challenge.

Iím only pleased that I was able to say goodbye with two goals in the FA Cup win against QPR, and share some special celebrations with them one last time.

I hope to be celebrating many more goals in future, and Iím excited to get going at my new club.

But you can guarantee the Toffees will remain in my heart. I hope they can go on to fulfil their ambitions this season and I will always look out for them.

Hvala vam i sretno (Thank you and good luck)

Nikica Jelavic
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 10:49 am

Nikicia Jelavic wrote:Iíd like to take this opportunity to thank the Everton fans from the bottom of my heart for their support during my time at Goodison.

They gave me their backing from day one and never stopped believing in me, which is something I will always remember.

To score on my full debut in that memorable game against Tottenham was very special, and the feeling of Goodison that night will remain with me.

I believe the scoring run which I went on during those first six months is the real Nikica Jelavic and Iím pleased the Evertonians were able to see and appreciate what Iím really about.

Everton supporters have a special way of making you feel like one of them, and even when I was not in the team in more recent times I always felt they were behind me.

Playing for Croatia is something I also take huge pride in and with a World Cup on the horizon I was in the situation of needing to play more games to make sure I remain in Niko Kovacís thoughts ahead of the tournament in Brazil.

Unfortunately that wasnít happening at Everton, and Roberto Martinez was very honest and up front with me about his thinking.

He listened to my concerns and said he would try and do the right thing for me.

When I went to meet Steve Bruce I realised it was the right move to a club with the potential to become a top Premier League outfit in the coming years.

Steve's ambition was clear, as was his desire to see me playing and scoring goals.

While Iím sad to wave farewell to Everton and all my friends; both in the changing room, around the training ground, and the fans in the streets, it is time for my next challenge.

Iím only pleased that I was able to say goodbye with two goals in the FA Cup win against QPR, and share some special celebrations with them one last time.

I hope to be celebrating many more goals in future, and Iím excited to get going at my new club.

But you can guarantee the Toffees will remain in my heart. I hope they can go on to fulfil their ambitions this season and I will always look out for them.

Hvala vam i sretno (Thank you and good luck)

Nikica Jelavic

I wish him all the best. I have absolutely no doubt that he's a better player than his recent form has shown, and he'll shine somewhere else.
avatar
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2136
Age : 36
Location : Wiltshire
Registration date : 2006-01-27

View user profile http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum