22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Blue gazza on Thu 6 Sep - 15:01

http://www.bluekipper.com/news/9-players_news/5144-peanuts_court_case_postponed.html

let's hope he don't do time for it cop
avatar
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6658
Age : 56
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Thu 6 Sep - 15:53

the jellyman wrote:http://www.bluekipper.com/news/9-players_news/5144-peanuts_court_case_postponed.html

let's hope he don't do time for it cop

Simple... he just gets injured every time he's due in court.
avatar
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3209
Age : 40
Location : Lima, Peru
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Armchair on Thu 6 Sep - 18:32

Can he claim self defence?
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18230
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  sefton on Tue 2 Oct - 12:46


Pienaar retires from international football
Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar has officially retired from international football

2 October 2012 Time: 12:19 pm


Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar is no longer available to play for Bafana Bafana.



Don't miss: Bafana Bafana squad announced

'Schillo' sent a message to Bafana coach Gordon Igesund and Safa CEO Raymond Hack late on Monday stating his intentions to quit the national team.

“It is with regret that I wish to inform you that I’m not available for the national team,” Pienaar wrote.

Pienaar has served the nation for 10 years and Igesund says the nation must “respect” his decision to call it quits.

Greece-based defender Bongani Khumalo will now take over as captain.
Article by: Tiyani wa ka Mabasa
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9201
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 2 Oct - 12:54

SEFTON wrote:
Pienaar retires from international football
Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar has officially retired from international football

2 October 2012 Time: 12:19 pm


Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar is no longer available to play for Bafana Bafana.



Don't miss: Bafana Bafana squad announced

'Schillo' sent a message to Bafana coach Gordon Igesund and Safa CEO Raymond Hack late on Monday stating his intentions to quit the national team.

“It is with regret that I wish to inform you that I’m not available for the national team,” Pienaar wrote.

Pienaar has served the nation for 10 years and Igesund says the nation must “respect” his decision to call it quits.

Greece-based defender Bongani Khumalo will now take over as captain.
Article by: Tiyani wa ka Mabasa
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers fantastic news
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23393
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 2 Oct - 13:53

Great news. It ought to help him and us out immensely. Great to read. Very Happy
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65265
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Lumper on Tue 2 Oct - 14:09

Is he doing this to avoid assault charges in SA?
avatar
Lumper

Number of posts : 5810
Age : 40
Location : Dublin
Registration date : 2007-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  sefton on Tue 2 Oct - 14:19

Lumper wrote:Is he doing this to avoid assault charges in SA?

I doubt that Lumper,but he may think its not becoming of a International captain,to get involved in such a fracas.
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9201
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Tonteau on Tue 2 Oct - 14:44

Lumper wrote:Is he doing this to avoid assault charges in SA?

Um... how would that work exactly?
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15247
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Da Judge on Tue 2 Oct - 14:55

Tonteau wrote:
Lumper wrote:Is he doing this to avoid assault charges in SA?

Um... how would that work exactly?

Well it prevents him having to travel there. If the authorities want to pursue the they would need to make a case in English court to extradite. That of course requires the authorities in an essentially neutral court to present that there is a valid case to be heard as opposed to one that is political (or one borne of nepotism)

..... Just a thought
avatar
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8382
Age : 56
Location : Hungary/Switzerland/Czech Republic/Ireland/US & UK
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Tonteau on Tue 2 Oct - 15:01

UWIST61 wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Lumper wrote:Is he doing this to avoid assault charges in SA?

Um... how would that work exactly?

Well it prevents him having to travel there. If the authorities want to pursue the they would need to make a case in English court to extradite. That of course requires the authorities in an essentially neutral court to present that there is a valid case to be heard as opposed to one that is political (or one borne of nepotism)

..... Just a thought

Well this is neither political or borne of nepotism, though I imagine there's probably not a lot in it. Either way, it's not like he's skipped the country and has gone into hiding. If there really is a serious charge then he'll have to answer it.
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15247
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Da Judge on Tue 2 Oct - 15:34

Tonteau wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Lumper wrote:Is he doing this to avoid assault charges in SA?

Um... how would that work exactly?

Well it prevents him having to travel there. If the authorities want to pursue the they would need to make a case in English court to extradite. That of course requires the authorities in an essentially neutral court to present that there is a valid case to be heard as opposed to one that is political (or one borne of nepotism)

..... Just a thought

Well this is neither political or borne of nepotism, though I imagine there's probably not a lot in it. Either way, it's not like he's skipped the country and has gone into hiding. If there really is a serious charge then he'll have to answer it.

I have to agree. However was the fracas in the nightclub involving him and the son of a junior minister. Whilst I have not been there recently... The last time I went SA was no different from other countries where tribal hierarchies are prevalent. I can well imagine the heady brew of international fame and stardom meets the well connected privilege.



Last edited by UWIST61 on Tue 2 Oct - 15:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Darned autocorrect)
avatar
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8382
Age : 56
Location : Hungary/Switzerland/Czech Republic/Ireland/US & UK
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 2 Oct - 17:23

I'm not sure that this retirement works in his favour.
Surely their courts would be more likely to do a Gerrard/DJ on belalf of Peanut, if he was a stalwart of the national team?
The timing is poor.
I have some reservations about Peanut's acquittal now.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5711
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Wed 3 Oct - 8:40

Yankthattoffee wrote:I'm not sure that this retirement works in his favour.
Surely their courts would be more likely to do a Gerrard/DJ on belalf of Peanut, if he was a stalwart of the national team?
The timing is poor.
I have some reservations about Peanut's acquittal now.

I don't blame him. The coach treated him like shit in the World Cup, played him out of position and then subs him when he is the best player on the pitch.
avatar
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3868
Age : 161
Location : Aldershot
Registration date : 2008-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 3 Oct - 11:34

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:I'm not sure that this retirement works in his favour.
Surely their courts would be more likely to do a Gerrard/DJ on belalf of Peanut, if he was a stalwart of the national team?
The timing is poor.
I have some reservations about Peanut's acquittal now.

I don't blame him. The coach treated him like shit in the World Cup, played him out of position and then subs him when he is the best player on the pitch.
I know what you mean. That inside right slot he gave him. His fetch and carry role is what he seems to be best at.
My thoughts were really towards the legal case. Cutting his ties, might prejudice his case? Say for instance, if Gerrard had really been Jose Baxter, when he smacked the DJ. Would Jose have been acquitted. Methinks, no way Jose.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5711
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Thu 4 Oct - 8:09

Yankthattoffee wrote:
SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:I'm not sure that this retirement works in his favour.
Surely their courts would be more likely to do a Gerrard/DJ on belalf of Peanut, if he was a stalwart of the national team?
The timing is poor.
I have some reservations about Peanut's acquittal now.

I don't blame him. The coach treated him like shit in the World Cup, played him out of position and then subs him when he is the best player on the pitch.
I know what you mean. That inside right slot he gave him. His fetch and carry role is what he seems to be best at.
My thoughts were really towards the legal case. Cutting his ties, might prejudice his case? Say for instance, if Gerrard had really been Jose Baxter, when he smacked the DJ. Would Jose have been acquitted. Methinks, no way Jose.

Is there an arrest warrant out for him in SA by any chance?
avatar
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3868
Age : 161
Location : Aldershot
Registration date : 2008-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 4 Oct - 8:32

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:I'm not sure that this retirement works in his favour.
Surely their courts would be more likely to do a Gerrard/DJ on belalf of Peanut, if he was a stalwart of the national team?
The timing is poor.
I have some reservations about Peanut's acquittal now.

I don't blame him. The coach treated him like shit in the World Cup, played him out of position and then subs him when he is the best player on the pitch.
I know what you mean. That inside right slot he gave him. His fetch and carry role is what he seems to be best at.
My thoughts were really towards the legal case. Cutting his ties, might prejudice his case? Say for instance, if Gerrard had really been Jose Baxter, when he smacked the DJ. Would Jose have been acquitted. Methinks, no way Jose.

Is there an arrest warrant out for him in SA by any chance?
This about it................
From July - Pienaar was released on warning and his case was postponed to September 6.
Outside court Alexander, who looked confident that his client would be found not guilty, said video footage would clear the soccer star of the allegations levelled at him. "The complainant needs to be honest enough to say who actually assaulted him," said Alexander.

Johannesburg September - The assault case involving Bafana Bafana captain Steven Pienaar was postponed by the Randburg Magistrate's Court on Thursday.
The case was postponed until October 12, as Pienaar was unable to travel to South Africa because of a muscle injury he sustained while playing for Everton against West Bromwich Albion in the United Kingdom on Saturday, his lawyer Cliff Alexander said.
“A medical certificate was handed to the court, which was accepted by the magistrate,” he said.
Pienaar is accused of kicking and punching Thabang Mnisi, the son of Public Service and Administration Deputy Minister Ayanda Dlodlo at a nightclub in Sandton, Johannesburg, in June.
In his last court appearance in July, the midfielder said he was present at the club at the time, but denied attacking Mnisi.
Pienaar was released on a warning.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5711
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  KoelJagz on Sun 11 Nov - 10:57

Shouldnt have cut his hair. hhmmmmmm

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
KoelJagz

Number of posts : 26787
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Yankthattoffee on Fri 1 Feb - 17:33

From the OS. "Barry Horne scored Everton's first ever Premier League goal in August 1992 against Sheffield Wednesday... Steven Pienaar scored the 1000th in December 2012 against Tottenham Hotspur."
I don't know why we didn't make a bigger deal out of this when it happened. Or was it drowned out by 'Goodison Exercise'?
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5711
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Lumper on Fri 1 Feb - 19:49

Yankthattoffee wrote:From the OS. "Barry Horne scored Everton's first ever Premier League goal in August 1992 against Sheffield Wednesday... Steven Pienaar scored the 1000th in December 2012 against Tottenham Hotspur."
I don't know why we didn't make a bigger deal out of this when it happened. Or was it drowned out by 'Goodison Exercise'?

Probably drowned out by the celebrations for Jelli's goal cheers
avatar
Lumper

Number of posts : 5810
Age : 40
Location : Dublin
Registration date : 2007-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Fri 1 Feb - 19:49

Yankthattoffee wrote:From the OS. "Barry Horne scored Everton's first ever Premier League goal in August 1992 against Sheffield Wednesday... Steven Pienaar scored the 1000th in December 2012 against Tottenham Hotspur."
I don't know why we didn't make a bigger deal out of this when it happened. Or was it drowned out by 'Goodison Exercise'?

We didn't have long to go get the winner.

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
avatar
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 12974
Age : 39
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 3 Mar - 16:59

"Midfielder Steven Pienaar admits Everton may need to use the "back door" to secure European football for next season as the battle for places hots up."

Not sure of his thinking here.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5711
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Tonteau on Sun 3 Mar - 17:00

Yankthattoffee wrote:"Midfielder Steven Pienaar admits Everton may need to use the "back door" to secure European football for next season as the battle for places hots up."

Not sure of his thinking here.

Fair play league?
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15247
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 3 Mar - 18:07

Tonteau wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:"Midfielder Steven Pienaar admits Everton may need to use the "back door" to secure European football for next season as the battle for places hots up."

Not sure of his thinking here.

Fair play league?
Emma Bunton?
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65265
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Super on Tue 17 Sep - 9:32

Everton have been dealt a blow after Steven Pienaar suffered a hamstring injury that will rule him out for up to 4 weeks. The South African forward sat out the 1-0 win over Chelsea after he sustained the problem during training at the club's Finch Farm base on Friday.
Roberto Martinez, whose side are unbeaten after four games, had hoped Pienaar would be up and running again quickly but the problem is more troublesome than it first appeared.
Pienaar is one of Everton's most influential performers but will miss games against West Ham, Newcastle and Fulham in the Capital One Cup. If his recovery goes smoothly, he could be in line to return for the trip to Manchester City on October 5th.
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35851
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum