22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Tonteau on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 10:03 am

Super wrote:Everton have been dealt a blow after Steven Pienaar suffered a hamstring injury that will rule him out for up to 4 weeks. The South African forward sat out the 1-0 win over Chelsea after he sustained the problem during training at the club's Finch Farm base on Friday.
Roberto Martinez, whose side are unbeaten after four games, had hoped Pienaar would be up and running again quickly but the problem is more troublesome than it first appeared.
Pienaar is one of Everton's most influential performers but will miss games against West Ham, Newcastle and Fulham in the Capital One Cup. If his recovery goes smoothly, he could be in line to return for the trip to Manchester City on October 5th.
Who needs Pienaar when we've got Naismith! cheers  Very Happy
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15247
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 1:28 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Super wrote:Everton have been dealt a blow after Steven Pienaar suffered a hamstring injury that will rule him out for up to 4 weeks. The South African forward sat out the 1-0 win over Chelsea after he sustained the problem during training at the club's Finch Farm base on Friday.
Roberto Martinez, whose side are unbeaten after four games, had hoped Pienaar would be up and running again quickly but the problem is more troublesome than it first appeared.
Pienaar is one of Everton's most influential performers but will miss games against West Ham, Newcastle and Fulham in the Capital One Cup. If his recovery goes smoothly, he could be in line to return for the trip to Manchester City on October 5th.

Not the disaster it would have been if this had occured 12 months ago! Pienaar was quality for the 1st half of last year but looked tired and jaded for the rest of the season. Not sure if he's just past it now.

Anyway - Naismith or Foo Foo can battle this position out of the next month.
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Tue 26 Aug 2014, 9:08 am

Cahill the Great wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Not the disaster it would have been if this had occured 12 months ago!   Pienaar was quality for the 1st half of last year but looked tired and jaded for the rest of the season.   Not sure if he's just past it now.

Anyway - Naismith or Foo Foo can battle this position out of the next month.

Pienaar was excellent before he got injured in Game against Le Arse.
What's the latest news with his injury?
sefton

Number of posts : 9198
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Tue 26 Aug 2014, 10:08 am

Roberto Martinez has confirmed Steven Pienaar will miss Saturday evening’s Premier League match against Chelsea.

But Roberto Martinez is ‘positive’ that Romelu Lukaku will be able to play against his former club.

The two players limped out of the 2-2 draw with Arsenal at the weekend.

Pienaar was forced from the field after just 10 minutes due to a groin problem, while Lukaku soldiered through the majority of the game before being replaced a quarter of an hour before the end with a toe complaint.

“They have both been assessed,” said Martinez at his Tuesday morning media briefing. “Stevie P is going to miss the game at the weekend. He is the one that is going to take a little bit of time.

“Stevie is going to be out and he is going to join Arouna Kone and Bryan Oviedo who are the only other two players that are not available.

“Romelu, we will keep assessing him. He has reacted well in the 48 hours after the game.

“At the moment it is too early to know if he will be available at the weekend but I am quite positive with Rom.”

Martinez also revealed that Darron Gibson is now operating at full fitness and is in contention to force his way into the matchday squad for the visit of Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea.

The former Manchester United midfielder, who missed the vast majority of last season with a long-term knee injury, was used sparingly throughout pre-season and was not named in the squad for the first two matches against Leicester City and Arsenal.

“Darron Gibson is fully fit and I consider him part of the squad,” added Martinez. “He will be ready from now on to join the group and compete for a place.”

sefton

Number of posts : 9198
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 26 Jan 2015, 10:03 am

Quite a lot of chatter doing the rounds today that Moyesie is sniffing around taking Pieman...

Could be a good opportunity to get an old crock who's passed his sell by date off the books ?
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 32839
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Mon 26 Jan 2015, 1:52 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Quite a lot of chatter doing the rounds today that Moyesie is sniffing around taking Pieman...

Could be a good opportunity to get an old crock who's passed his sell by date off the books ?

I'd sell him.
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18305
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Mon 26 Jan 2015, 2:06 pm

We really miss him on the pitch. Can hold onto the ball well, pick a pass, great at drawing a foul, bit of calmness in the final third. Pity he's been in jured for so long.
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Mon 26 Jan 2015, 3:06 pm

Tonteau wrote:We really miss him on the pitch. Can hold onto the ball well, pick a pass, great at drawing a foul, bit of calmness in the final third. Pity he's been in jured for so long.

I agree. I think he still has something to offer, not least linking up with Baines.
Armchair

Number of posts : 18228
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Fri 27 Mar 2015, 3:09 pm

Roberto Martinez admits Everton have felt the absence of Steven Pienaar this season - but says the South African is closing in on a first-team comeback.

Martinez revealed on Friday that Pienaar is set to return to training next week, having not made an appearance for the Blues since 15 December.

That outing, against QPR, was one of just 10 for the 33yr old before he suffered the knee problem that put his campaign on hold.

And MArtinez told evertonTV: "we had very good news on Steven. He's going to join the group on Monday and we'll take it from that point on, making sure that slowly but surely we give him the right path to being fully fit and being able to enjoy his football again."

"We've missed Stevie massively throughout this season and it's important we'll be able to see him on a football pitch before the season ends."
Super

Number of posts : 35837
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 27 Mar 2015, 4:12 pm

Super wrote:Roberto Martinez admits Everton have felt the absence of Steven Pienaar this season - but says the South African is closing in on a first-team comeback.

Martinez revealed on Friday that Pienaar is set to return to training next week, having not made an appearance for the Blues since 15 December.

That outing, against QPR, was one of just 10 for the 33yr old before he suffered the knee problem that put his campaign on hold.

And MArtinez told evertonTV: "we had very good news on Steven.  He's going to join the group on Monday and we'll take it from that point on, making sure that slowly but surely we give him the right path to being fully fit and being able to enjoy his football again."

"We've missed Stevie massively throughout this season and it's important we'll be able to see him on a football pitch before the season ends."
Is he even 1st team standard anymore at his age... he wasn't exactly the great Stevie P of old when he last played if I recall rightly.

Just shows how bad shape we are in, if we are this reliant on an old crock like SP ....

..sack Moyles
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Fri 27 Mar 2015, 4:40 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Super wrote:Roberto Martinez admits Everton have felt the absence of Steven Pienaar this season - but says the South African is closing in on a first-team comeback.

And MArtinez told evertonTV: "we had very good news on Steven.  He's going to join the group on Monday and we'll take it from that point on, making sure that slowly but surely we give him the right path to being fully fit and being able to enjoy his football again."

Is he even 1st team standard anymore at his age... he wasn't exactly the great Stevie P of old when he last played if I recall rightly.

Just shows how bad shape we are in, if we are this reliant on an old crock like SP ....

..sack Moyles

I disagree, Pienaar's game isn't about physicality, it's about guile, speed of thought and ability to look after the ball. We've missed him and ossie massively (no coincidence that in the 2 league games since ossie's return, we've picked up 6 points). How many times does pienaar lose the ball? Very few, and if he is dispossessed, more often than not he draws a foul for it. Much beter player than he's given credit for. Martinez needs to stop buying wingers and look at start trying to find replacements for the likes of Pienaar and Ossie; intelligent players who are great in possession and know how to run a game of footy.
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Fri 27 Mar 2015, 4:44 pm

I agree with Tonts. He wasn't great early on in the season but the whole team was gash so it's unfair to pick on individuals.
Armchair

Number of posts : 18228
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 27 Mar 2015, 5:58 pm

Well... I disagree... our team is largely too old (including Pienaar) & very largely shit... I posted this months ago & still believe it true...

..I've made a few minor amendments & they are not for the better

sunny  Joel RoblesGK
Tony HibbertDF
Leighton BainesDF
 Darron GibsonMF
Samuel Eto'oFW
Phil JagielkaDF
 Aiden McGeadyMF
Bryan OviedoMF
    Arouna KoneFW
Romelu LukakuFW
Very Happy  Kevin MirallasFW
Very Happy Steven NaismithFW
Sylvain DistinDF
Very Happy James McCarthyMF
Muhamed BesicMF
Gareth BarryMF
Christian AtsuFW
Ross BarkleyMF
Leon OsmanMF
Steven PienaarMF
Very Happy Seamus ColemanDF
Tim HowardGK
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 9:14 am

apparently its vital that Pieman is fit BEFORE pre-season - probably so he can enjoy his holidays longer?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-need-steven-pienaar-9093739
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25313
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 10:11 am

error 404 wrote:apparently its vital that Pieman is fit BEFORE pre-season - probably so he can enjoy his holidays longer?  

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-need-steven-pienaar-9093739

Add to the long list of deadwood
Cahill the Great

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 11:34 am

Steven Pienaar has admitted he considered retiring during his injury problems this season but was persuaded to stay on because of the team spirit in the Everton dressing room. The South African has been struggling with knee and groin problems since last summer and has made on 11 appearances this term.

The 33yr old hasn't started a Premier League game since the 2-1 defeat to Manchester United at Old Trafford on October 5 and has completed a full 90 mins just once for the Europa League dead rubber against Krasnodar on December 11.

Pienaar returned to action as a first half substitute against Swansea on April 11 but was ruled out of the Blues last game at home to Burnley last Saturday with muscle fatigue.

He said: "At one stage, I thought I had better just hang my boots up and call it a day. But on the other side I was just thinking that I enjoy going in and seeing the guys so I just had to stay strong and that kept me going. When you are at home not coming in for training you feel very down but as soon as I walk through the door, there's always the camaraderie in the group, there is always fin. Even if you are injured, you can always laugh and it keeps you going. Just to be among the players, it's kept me going.
Super

Number of posts : 35837
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 1:39 pm

That's what I love about Everton; players who really should have their contract terminated are happy to come in, just for the laughs, hang out with the guys and pick up their £30,000 wages, week in week out. Pienaar, Gibbo, Hibbo, Kone, Alcopops - dozens of them, all limping in, or being wheeled in by their pals, sitting around in comfy chairs shooting the breeze.

I'm just delighted we can offer that service, that players feel they don't actually need to play or anything stupid like that, they just need to belong.

Good old Everton, a home for overpaid crocks who used to be footballers.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23390

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 2:32 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:That's what I love about Everton; players who really should have their contract terminated are happy to come in, just for the laughs, hang out with the guys and pick up their £30,000 wages, week in week out. Pienaar, Gibbo, Hibbo, Kone, Alcopops - dozens of them, all limping in, or being wheeled in by their pals, sitting around in comfy chairs shooting the breeze.

I'm just delighted we can offer that service, that players feel they don't actually need to play or anything stupid like that, they just need to belong.

Pienaar would have got a bumper pay rise when moving to Spurs and Everton would have had to match that to bring him back. We simply cant afford to a have a player earning £70/80k per week to just hang around untill his contract ends.
Cahill the Great

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 2:50 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:That's what I love about Everton; players who really should have their contract terminated are happy to come in, just for the laughs, hang out with the guys and pick up their £30,000 wages, week in week out. Pienaar, Gibbo, Hibbo, Kone, Alcopops - dozens of them, all limping in, or being wheeled in by their pals, sitting around in comfy chairs shooting the breeze.

Pienaar would have got a bumper pay rise when moving to Spurs and Everton would have had to match that to bring him back.   We simply cant afford to a have a player earning £70/80k per week to just hang around untill his contract ends.

That's a bit heartless of you - Steven says how much it cheers him up to come in and have a laugh with the guys, and you begrudge sacrificing a mere three or four million pounds a year to let him do that. Bastard.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23390

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerKoelMister? on Thu 21 May 2015, 2:29 pm

LOL drunken awards dinner was obviously a laugh

http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/strange-happenings-on-steven-pienaar-s-twitter-account
mindyerKoelMister?

Number of posts : 17026
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Thu 21 May 2015, 4:19 pm

mindyerho? wrote:LOL drunken awards dinner was obviously a laugh

http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/strange-happenings-on-steven-pienaar-s-twitter-account

So he reveals he's about to retire?
Cahill the Great

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Thu 21 May 2015, 4:35 pm

I thought God frowned upon alcoholism???
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13034
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Fri 22 May 2015, 8:11 am

Gravy & Chips wrote:I thought God frowned upon alcoholism???
wat? Remember the miracle of turning water into wine?
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Fri 22 May 2015, 9:25 am

Touche!
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13034
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Mon 27 Jul 2015, 9:23 pm

I see peanuts has torn a hamstring and will miss the start of the season.... Rolling Eyes
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top