11. Kevin Mira11as - another famous Belgian at Goodison

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 11. Kevin Mira11as - another famous Belgian at Goodison

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 10:21 am

hairberto cataract wrote:The key really is not whether Mirallas goes in the summer - it's clear he wants to go, it just depends if a CL club wants to buy him - it's about who the manager brings in to replace him. I think we'll look back on Kevin as a decent player, but he'll be fairly quickly forgotten.  Assuming we buy someone with a similar or better level of talent.

The question is: will Bobby be doing the buying? The thought of entrusting him with the job of replacing Mirallas doesn't fill me with confidence.  We'll end up with another McGeady or another kid on loan.  To be honest, the thought of Martinez being in charge next season just fills me with dread.
agree .. Bobby's choice of replacement could be tragic given his track record of signings to date.

Mirallas can fuck off if this is true.. he thinks he's fucking great & CL standard... ok, he has a lot of flair & is exciting when he turns up.... but that is the key point... when he turns up..

He is largely anonymous for huge parts of games.. sometimes entire games... he rarely finishes 90 minutes, either because he's anonymous, shit, or fucking injured.

I do like Kev ... but when you consider all things... he can fuck off.

In fact... sign the contract now of be told to fuck off.. except Bobby probably hasn't the balls for that.

A problem is he only has 1 year left on his contract, so we'll either have to take a low cheque for him... or sit the cunt on the bench in the ressies at Tranmere on a freezing Wednesday evening to earn his pay-cheque... because if he doesn't leave when he wants to, I'm bloody sure he'll be a major pain in the arse morale wise to the 1st team... especially his Belgium bum chum Lukaku
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 32769
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 12:22 pm

He will have to play well to get a move but he doesn't appear to be a team player so I am divided whether to keep him in or bin him for the sake of morale. The other players probably don't bat an eyelid actually so keep him in.

Can't blame someone for being ambitious but it's a shame he had to shout his mouth off in the press. Surely his agent can do all his bidding for him behind the scenes.
Albert

Number of posts : 15614
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 2:29 pm

Not really any news there. He seems to have said, 'I'm happy at Everton but sure I have ambitions to play at the highest level and who knows what the future holds'. I would have thought most footballers think the same. In fact the same sentiment probably applies to most peoples lives.

If he stays, great. If he leaves, we all move on.

As I say, no news here.
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3186
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Tue 10 Feb 2015, 1:52 am

Everton boss Roberto Martinez says he has no issue with Kevin Mirallas despite the 27-year-old winger telling Belgian media he wanted a "new challenge". (Evening Standard)
The President

Number of posts : 11148
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 10 Feb 2015, 5:44 pm

The President wrote:Everton boss Roberto Martinez says he has no issue with Kevin Mirallas despite the 27-year-old winger telling Belgian media he wanted a "new challenge". (Evening Standard)
his new challenge could be to fucking well finish 90 minutes Neutral
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 7:34 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
The President wrote:Everton boss Roberto Martinez says he has no issue with Kevin Mirallas despite the 27-year-old winger telling Belgian media he wanted a "new challenge". (Evening Standard)

Forward Kevin Mirallas, 27, could be sidelined until after the international break with an injury which is worse than Everton first feared. (Liverpool Echo)
Armchair

Number of posts : 18151
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 8:31 am

Armchair wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Forward Kevin Mirallas, 27, could be sidelined until after the international break with an injury which is worse than Everton first feared. (Liverpool Echo)

He's only got a dead-leg ffs.
sefton

Number of posts : 9159
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 8:51 am

Sefton wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

He's  only got a dead-leg ffs.
he's a fucking liability.. makes Gibbo look healthy
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:29 am

Not arsed.

Big head who thinks he is so much better than what he is.

See ya, don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out

Tosser!
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13014

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 24 Mar 2015, 7:43 pm

Sefton wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

He's  only got a dead-leg ffs.
Still has a dead leg
"Kevin Mirallas was already absent from the Red Devils squad having sat out the Blues' last three games with a dead leg. "
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5688
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 9:49 pm

After today's game:

"A lot of people have talked about my future.

"I am in my best form of the season. When it is finished I will talk to my partner, the president, the trainer and manager.

"But I am confident here and I like to play for Everton."
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 10:23 pm

Armchair wrote:After today's game:

"A lot of people have talked about my future.

"I am in my best form of the season. When it is finished I will talk to my partner, the president, the trainer and manager.

"But I am confident here and I like to play for Everton."

I wondered if that was what his goal celebration was all about.

He does seem a big headed twat but at the end of the day you never know what people have said and what has been made up (although I'm assumming he did say the above).
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3186
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Sun 19 Apr 2015, 12:29 am

Tottenham are to sign Everton midfielder Kevin Mirallas are prepared to allow Aaron Lennon to make his Goodison Park loan switch permanent as part of the deal. (Sunday People)
The President

Number of posts : 11148

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 19 Apr 2015, 8:33 am

If we he get's an offer, he's gone. And it's definitely time for him to go. Lennon played better, fought harder, produced more and had a less ridiculous haircut. Even the goal Mirallas scored was lucky. His stupid back-heel summed him up, and he was lucky not to be red-carded.

Thanks for everything Kevin, you were great until you turned into a twat.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23368

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sun 19 Apr 2015, 3:05 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:If we he get's an offer, he's gone. And it's definitely time for him to go. Lennon played better, fought harder, produced more and had a less ridiculous haircut. Even the goal Mirallas scored was lucky.  His stupid back-heel summed him up, and he was lucky not to be red-carded.

Thanks for everything Kevin, you were great until you turned into a twat.

He's gone int he summer. I just hope we replace him with someone as attacking but less shite at defending and injury record. Shaun Maloney will have to suffice then.
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18305
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KoelJagz on Sun 19 Apr 2015, 7:58 pm

Looked a world beater and time but ultimately poor injury record and can be pretty selfish at times. Any player who feels like he is bigger then the club should be moved on ASAP. Can damage team morale.

Number of posts : 26764
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 29 May 2015, 9:49 pm

Kevin Mirallas says his Everton future is uncertain after alleging the club have broken promises made to him.

Mirallas told Belgian newspaper De Standaard that he has played fewer games than he expected after a January move away from the club failed to materialise.

The forward said his future at Goodison Park is uncertain and called his relationship with manager Roberto Martinez "awkward."

Mirallas, currently at a training camp with Belgium, said he was wanted by Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid in January, but that Everton persuaded him to stay.

The 27-year-old said: "Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid were interested, but Everton obliged me to stay at the club.

"I understood because our young group had performed below expectations. So I had to stay.

"But in the second half of the season, I was suddenly playing fewer games.

"There are promises broken and it makes for a somewhat awkward relationship with the coach. Soon, I will have a conversation with him.

"I have had a beautiful three years with Everton. I have experienced many great moments and for that I must thank the club.

"I don't know whether I will leave. It is a decision I have to make in consultation with my family."

Mirallas' comments contradict an interview he gave in April, when he declared that he was "very happy" at Everton.

The former Olympiakos forward's contract at Goodison Park has one year to run, but the Toffees have the option to extend it by a further 12 months.

Martinez, for his part, has continually played down any suggestions he has fallen out with Mirallas.

Asked in April about reports linking the player with Tottenham, the manager said: "When you see him on the pitch, he brings a real desire to score goals. He brings a goal-scoring threat that is quite special.

"All I want is for Kevin to enjoy his football and carry on performing well. Sometimes there's been too much said on the outside, but I've seen Kevin work really hard."
http://www.espnfc.com/everton/story/2472118/kevin-mirallas-says-future-at-everton-uncertain
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 30 May 2015, 6:53 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

"But in the second half of the season, I was suddenly playing fewer games.

That's because you are injured most of the time
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 30 May 2015, 8:39 am

1. He's not Champions League player material. So good luck to his agent.
2. Sell the fucker.
Mr_Ben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Sat 30 May 2015, 10:46 am

He thinks he is better than he actually is, I cannot see him being with us next season.
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6626

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 30 May 2015, 11:07 am

Blue gazza wrote:He thinks he is better than he actually is, I cannot see him being with us next season.
surely we can do a deal with spuds / Lennon to get rid of him
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 30 May 2015, 1:47 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Blue gazza wrote:He thinks he is better than he actually is, I cannot see him being with us next season.
surely we can do a deal with spuds / Lennon to get rid of him

I'd sell and get someone else.

Lennon was alright but would have to admit No 11 is better.
Mr_Ben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 30 May 2015, 4:39 pm

He's got 12 months left on his contract so we won't get more than a few million for him this summer, especially with his injury record. He'll leave for nowt next summer but I'd keep him until then - he has got the ability to win a game for us, which no one else has at the moment.
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper on Sat 30 May 2015, 5:51 pm

Armchair wrote:He's got 12 months left on his contract so we won't get more than a few million for him this summer, especially with his injury record. He'll leave for nowt next summer but I'd keep him until then - he has got the ability to win a game for us, which no one else has at the moment.

I read somewhere that Everton have an option to extend his contract by twelve months. We should initiate the clause, then sell him. I'd hoped for better things from Mirallas but him moderns day footballer attitude means I couldn't care where he ends up.
Lumper

Number of posts : 5798
Registration date : 2007-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 30 May 2015, 6:04 pm

Lumper wrote:
Armchair wrote:He's got 12 months left on his contract so we won't get more than a few million for him this summer, especially with his injury record. He'll leave for nowt next summer but I'd keep him until then - he has got the ability to win a game for us, which no one else has at the moment.

I read somewhere that Everton have an option to extend his contract by twelve months. We should initiate the clause, then sell him. I'd hoped for better things from Mirallas but him moderns day footballer attitude means I couldn't care where he ends up.

Yeah, read that as well. Not entirely sure what it means - presumably the player would have to agree to the extension?
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top