8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  sefton on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 8:40 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Oviedo is hopeful of making a full recovery by June so that he can fulfil his dream of representing his country at the World Cup Finals in Brazil.

I really hope he does.



Doesn't want to rush back and create problems long term.

Good luck Brian.
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9362
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Fri 04 Apr 2014, 4:48 pm


_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
avatar
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13098
Age : 39
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Armchair on Fri 04 Apr 2014, 9:34 pm


"He's got a really good opportunity [to make the World Cup]. I think it depends a little bit on what role they want him to have, but I'm sure that, from a medical point of view, he'll be available, which allows the [Costa Rica] manager to make a decision on that."

Presumably they would want him in a playing role?   Astonishing if he makes the squad though.



Another long-term absentee Martinez had hoped to welcome back before the campaign's close is Arouna Kone.

That prognosis has altered slightly, with the Spaniard now earmarking pre-season 2018 as a more realistic target for the Ivorian forward.

"Arouna is recovering well, but I don't think we'll see him this season ever again," Martinez updated.


cyclops
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18512
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 04 Apr 2014, 9:52 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:

Another long-term absentee Martinez had hoped to welcome back before the campaign's close is Arouna Kone.

That prognosis has altered slightly, with the Spaniard now earmarking pre-season 2018 as a more realistic target for the Ivorian forward.

"Arouna is recovering well, but I don't think we'll see him this season ever again," Martinez updated.



but his papers have come through and they show that he is in fact ... only 21 years old... so there is plenty of time left for him to prove he was worth his fee
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33362
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Helenqu on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 4:51 pm

Can't quite believe this is him (especially as he is masked!) but if it really is him it's impressive!

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/new-video-of-everton-costa-ricas-bryan-oviedo-looking-well-in-a-training-drill-as-he-gets-fit-for-the-world-cup/?


avatar
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4876
Age : 54
Location : Hatfield, Herts.
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 5:51 pm

Helenqu wrote:Can't quite believe this is him (especially as he is masked!) but if it really is him it's impressive!

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/new-video-of-everton-costa-ricas-bryan-oviedo-looking-well-in-a-training-drill-as-he-gets-fit-for-the-world-cup/?


fantastic  
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33362
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 7:14 pm

Helenqu wrote:Can't quite believe this is him (especially as he is masked!) but if it really is him it's impressive!

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/new-video-of-everton-costa-ricas-bryan-oviedo-looking-well-in-a-training-drill-as-he-gets-fit-for-the-world-cup/?


That's really great to see.  cheers 
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66072
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Super on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 8:16 pm

Helenqu wrote:Can't quite believe this is him (especially as he is masked!) but if it really is him it's impressive!

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/new-video-of-everton-costa-ricas-bryan-oviedo-looking-well-in-a-training-drill-as-he-gets-fit-for-the-world-cup/?



Great to see!
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 36087
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue on Sun 11 May 2014, 10:47 am

avatar
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Age : 41
Location : Germany
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Armchair on Sun 11 May 2014, 11:23 am

Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27361042

 Sad 

 Sad 
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18512
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  The President on Sun 11 May 2014, 1:57 pm

Shame for him
But perhaps good for us that he wont be at risk
avatar
The President

Number of posts : 11448
Age : 57
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  RhinoJagz on Sun 11 May 2014, 2:23 pm

The President wrote:Shame for him
But perhaps good for us that he wont be at risk

True. Never seems to work out for players who go to major tournaments unfit. Valiant effort.

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26846
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 11 May 2014, 5:26 pm

Bluejagz wrote:
The President wrote:Shame for him
But perhaps good for us that he wont be at risk

True. Never seems to work out for players who go to major tournaments unfit. Valiant effort.
Agree, good to give him some extra time over the summer to recover properly.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66072
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Tonteau on Sun 11 May 2014, 7:13 pm

Gutted for him. He may not get another chance to play at a World Cup.
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  sefton on Wed 10 Sep 2014, 11:19 am



The story of Everton’s Bryan Oviedo

Posted on September 10, 2014



Picture the battlefield of English football, in the muddy fields of Stevenage. Bryan Josué Oviedo Jiménez is being carried off on a stretcher while his team-mates cry in horror of his gruesome fractured fibula and tibia as the Evertonian away support roar the encouraging tune of ‘Oviedo baby’. Before he exits into an ambulance down the tunnel, the 24-year-old cries: “Don’t worry about me, just win”.

Evertonians carried on chanting ‘Oviedo baby’ with added passion throughout the remainder of that match, and throughout the remainder of the season while Oviedo was watching on the sidelines with his broken leg in a cast. But what brought the 5 foot 8 left-back from squad rotation player to cult hero?

Oviedo began his Everton career after signing from Danish side Copenhagen in the summer of 2012 for an undisclosed fee but it’s reported he cost around £3.5million. Relatively unknown to Everton fans, he was signed purely as cover for talisman Leighton Baines. Oviedo played 15 games in his first season; however 14 of them were substitute appearances.

Then came his chance. On Saturday the 30th of November 2013 at 3 o’clock, Bryan Oviedo stood confidently on the left side of defence. Leighton Baines was injured, giving the Costa Rican an opportunity to show the Goodison faithful exactly what he could do.

After a promising first half, Oviedo was encouraged by manager Roberto Martinez at half time to push on in the second half.

In the 58th minute, Everton won a corner. Loanee Gerard Deulofeu took it from the left hand side, deciding to play it short to Oviedo. After a confident run inside to just outside the box, Oviedo looked up to see that all of his teammates were blended in with Stoke City shirts in the box. He unleashed a strike which pierced through all of the blue shirts and red and white shirts, and buried itself in the bottom corner of the goal. The Costa Rican reeled away in delight to the roar of the Goodison Park faithful.

21 minutes later, Oviedo made a pacy run down the left-hand side which he seemingly owns when on the ball. Spotting the unmistakable figure of Romelu Lukaku lurking in the six-yard box waiting to pounce like a hungry tiger, Oviedo slipped the ball across the floor into the Belgian striker’s path, and Lukaku dispatched confidently.

Oviedo consequently posted a photo on his Instagram page thanking the fans and describing it as ‘a very happy day’.

Four days later on a cold winter’s night at Old Trafford was the evening which truly wrote the name of Bryan Oviedo into Goodison folklore. Everton travelled to Manchester United, then the new den of old manager David Moyes. Moyes was abused all game by the travelling support, but Everton lacked a goal to hold against their former manager. Rather unsurprisingly a flattened Manchester United team had also failed to score. However, 86 minutes into the match, something happened which Evertonians watching the game will never forget. With just minutes to go and both teams crawling for that vital goal, Romelu Lukaku used his sheer strength to keep hold of the ball and unleash a rather reckless shot across goal. The effort rolled between United’s defence and the onrushing David De Gea, who was beaten to the ball by a burst of pace from none other than Bryan Oviedo, who slotted the ball into the back of the net before the away end of Old Trafford erupted, as did every Evertonian pub and living room back home. As the camera zoomed in on the miserable face of David Moyes, Toffees danced around in ecstasy. Bryan Oviedo was an Everton legend.

Any top national sports reporter could write a report on that match and describe the raucous atmosphere on that night, but none better than an Evertonian who them self enjoyed the bitterness and joy of seeing the grumpy old face of their old Scottish manager, and shared their joy with Evertonian family and friends. The fact that Oviedo, after just a year at the club, shared the same joy made him a club favourite.

Oviedo’s passion which won over the Everton fans was exhibited against Stevenage, when Simon Heslop tried to release a shot at goal. Desperate to help his team, Oviedo attempted to get in front of Heslop to block the shot. However, as his toe dug into the ground while the rest of his leg moved over it, his ankle could not take the weight. Oviedo crashed to the floor with a double leg break. As the paramedics rushed on with a stretcher, Everton players grimaced and cried at the shocking site of the injury. Oviedo was carried off on a stretcher to a rapturous applause from both fans to the tune of ‘Oviedo baby’. “Don’t worry about me, just win”, he cried before disappearing down the tunnel.

Despite attempting to recover in time to fulfil his dream of playing for Costa Rica at the World Cup in Brazil, Oviedo was unable to return to match fitness in time. Before the competition he posted a video online of himself training to try and prove his fitness, but it was too late. Bryan had to sit at home watching his beloved Costa Rica exceed all expectations by reaching the quarter-finals of the World Cup only to be beaten by Netherlands on penalties.

He could still fulfil his dream, should his success continue into the next World Cup in 2018 when he will be 28 years old. Oviedo is said to be nearing recovery at the moment, which is promising for both club and country.

Oviedo never hides his raw passion and love for the club, something the supporters both admire and share. He often posts messages of support for Everton on his Instagram and Twitter pages, posting a picture of him in an Everton shirt lying in a hospital bed the night he broke his ankle.

Recently embracing a trip to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital with two of Everton’s youth players, Oviedo’s commitment and true love for Everton has won over the supporters. In a modern era where players don’t necessarily always value and understand the passion and commitment expected at the club they’re playing for, Oviedo well and truly ‘gets it’.

By Tom Clarke – @TomClarke40


Don't you just wish all Everton players had this little fellers passion , soon to be returning, can't bloody wait deserves all the applauds he gets, hope its at Goodison when he returns. cheers
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9362
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  sefton on Tue 07 Oct 2014, 12:29 pm

Bryan Oviedo pulls out of Costa Rican squad, requires surgery ''Tomorrow'' to remove a pin from his leg.

wtf. affraid
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9362
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 07 Oct 2014, 12:36 pm

POLLYANNA wrote:Bryan Oviedo pulls out of Costa Rican squad, requires surgery ''Tomorrow'' to remove a pin from his leg.

wtf. affraid
oh FFS .. something gone wrong there... out for a few months I suppose Rolling Eyes
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33362
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 07 Oct 2014, 3:16 pm

From the OS

Bryan Oviedo will miss Costa Rica’s upcoming friednlies with Oman and South Korea.

The 24-year-old is using the international break to undergo a routine procedure to remove a small screw that was inserted to aid his recovery from a broken left leg in January this year.

Consequently, Oviedo has withdrawn from Costa Rica’s squad and will remain on Merseyside during the international break.

avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18327
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 07 Oct 2014, 3:54 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:From the OS

Bryan Oviedo will miss Costa Rica’s upcoming friednlies with Oman and South Korea.

The 24-year-old is using the international break to undergo a routine procedure to remove a small screw that was inserted to aid his recovery from a broken left leg in January this year.

Consequently, Oviedo has withdrawn from Costa Rica’s squad and will remain on Merseyside during the international break.

The only thing keeping his leg on when he smashed that shot at the end of the game, was a 3mm phillips screw?
Hopefully just a local, and he'll be back next week.
I thought he looked like a good replacement for Peanut on Sunday.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5867
Age : 65
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Tue 07 Oct 2014, 4:11 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:From the OS

Bryan Oviedo will miss Costa Rica’s upcoming friednlies with Oman and South Korea.

The 24-year-old is using the international break to undergo a routine procedure to remove a small screw that was inserted to aid his recovery from a broken left leg in January this year.

Consequently, Oviedo has withdrawn from Costa Rica’s squad and will remain on Merseyside during the international break.

The only thing keeping his leg on when he smashed that shot at the end of the game, was a 3mm phillips screw?
Hopefully just a local, and he'll be back next week.
I thought he looked like a good replacement for Peanut on Sunday.

I thought he look decent. I don't think it'll be long before he is back to his best.
avatar
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3297
Age : 40
Location : Lima, Peru
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 07 Oct 2014, 5:00 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:From the OS

Bryan Oviedo will miss Costa Rica’s upcoming friednlies with Oman and South Korea.

The 24-year-old is using the international break to undergo a routine procedure to remove a small screw that was inserted to aid his recovery from a broken left leg in January this year.

Consequently, Oviedo has withdrawn from Costa Rica’s squad and will remain on Merseyside during the international break.

The only thing keeping his leg on when he smashed that shot at the end of the game, was a 3mm phillips screw?
Hopefully just a local, and he'll be back next week.
I thought he looked like a good replacement for Peanut on Sunday.

I thought he look decent. I don't think it'll be long before he is back to his best.
good news it was expected surgery & not a new issue.. he does look good doesn't he
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33362
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:46 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:From the OS

Bryan Oviedo will miss Costa Rica’s upcoming friednlies with Oman and South Korea.

The 24-year-old is using the international break to undergo a routine procedure to remove a small screw that was inserted to aid his recovery from a broken left leg in January this year.

Consequently, Oviedo has withdrawn from Costa Rica’s squad and will remain on Merseyside during the international break.

The only thing keeping his leg on when he smashed that shot at the end of the game, was a 3mm phillips screw?
Hopefully just a local, and he'll be back next week.
I thought he looked like a good replacement for Peanut on Sunday.

I thought he look decent. I don't think it'll be long before he is back to his best.
good news it was expected surgery & not a new issue.. he does look good doesn't he
If he can link play with Baines in a similar ilk to Peanut, and have more physical presence, then we've got a goodn'
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5867
Age : 65
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Super on Wed 25 Feb 2015, 11:51 am

David Moyes is in the market for another Premier League player, with Everton midfielder Bryan Oviedo, 25, a reported summer target for the Sociedad boss. (Daily Express)
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 36087
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 25 Feb 2015, 12:09 pm

Super wrote:
David Moyes is in the market for another Premier League player, with Everton midfielder Bryan Oviedo, 25, a reported summer target for the Sociedad boss. (Daily Express)
saw this earlier today.. may actually not be a bad deal for us... we have our solid old guy with Baines.. and selling Ovvy Baby would allow Garbut to get some well deserved bench time
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33362
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  sefton on Wed 25 Feb 2015, 12:26 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Super wrote:
David Moyes is in the market for another Premier League player, with Everton midfielder Bryan Oviedo, 25, a reported summer target for the Sociedad boss. (Daily Express)
saw this earlier today.. may actually not be a bad deal for us... we have our solid old guy with Baines.. and selling Ovvy Baby would allow Garbut to get some well deserved bench time


Moyes would try and get Oveido on the cheap.

How long left on his contract?
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9362
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 8. Bryan Oviedo (Baby!)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum