26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 27 Jan 2013, 1:52 pm

Everton boss David Moyes wants to snap up Barnsley defender John Stones – if he can do a bargain £2million deal, writes the Sunday People.

The Toffees boss has little cash to spend but fancies a gamble on the England youth star, who is being chased by a handful of top-flight clubs.

The Goodison gaffer is worried about his right-back position – highlighted by Seamus Coleman’s injury – and the fact that Stones could also develop into a centre-half makes him very attractive.

Barnsley have so far fended off approaches from Wigan, Fulham and Sunderland for the 18-year-old.

But Everton are the first of the clubs contending to finish in the top four to show real interest in this window.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-transfers-john-stones-barnsley-1558289
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33006
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Armchair on Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:06 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Everton boss David Moyes wants to snap up Barnsley defender John Stones – if he can do a bargain £2million deal, writes the Sunday People.

The Toffees boss has little cash to spend but fancies a gamble on the England youth star, who is being chased by a handful of top-flight clubs.

The Goodison gaffer is worried about his right-back position – highlighted by Seamus Coleman’s injury – and the fact that Stones could also develop into a centre-half makes him very attractive.

Barnsley have so far fended off approaches from Wigan, Fulham and Sunderland for the 18-year-old.

But Everton are the first of the clubs contending to finish in the top four to show real interest in this window.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-transfers-john-stones-barnsley-1558289

Coleman
Hibbo
Nev
Jags (at a push)

RB must be our best covered position.
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18328
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Mr_Ben on Sun 27 Jan 2013, 5:01 pm

GBP2m Barnsely willing be rolling all the way to the bank
avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18308
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Cahill the Great on Sun 27 Jan 2013, 5:29 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:GBP2m Barnsely willing be rolling all the way to the bank


Not what we need!! A centre mid has to be the priority!
avatar
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Age : 39
Location : London
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Super on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 10:51 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:GBP2m Barnsely willing be rolling all the way to the bank


Not what we need!! A centre mid has to be the priority!

And that is what we shall have.
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35919
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Blue gazza on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 5:14 pm

rumours

stones on his way for a medical, decent young player, hope thats not the only business

Fer deal up and running but could be tight
avatar
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6699
Age : 56
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  sefton on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 5:23 pm

the jellyman wrote: rumours

stones on his way for a medical, decent young player, hope thats not the only business

Fer deal up and running but could be tight

Heard on twitter from a Dutch guy the Fer deal is back on Alledgidly?

John Stones? could this be a Bitter transfer? lol!
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9244
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Blue gazza on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 5:49 pm

31 Jan 2013 17:38:54
Fer deal could be revived. talks are back on with fc twente. source radio city sport
avatar
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6699
Age : 56
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Statman on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 8:07 pm

SEFTON wrote:
the jellyman wrote: rumours

stones on his way for a medical, decent young player, hope thats not the only business

Fer deal up and running but could be tight

Heard on twitter from a Dutch guy the Fer deal is back on Alledgidly?

John Stones? could this be a Bitter transfer? lol!

That's a good one fer you. Laughing
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 6945
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Blue gazza on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:25 pm

signed for us on the O/S
avatar
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6699
Age : 56
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:28 pm

the jellyman wrote:signed for us on the O/S

Was just on Sky Sports News too. They probably just read it too.

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
avatar
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13042
Age : 39
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Tonteau on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:18 am

Credit to the lad, he's wearing a lovely jumper in his interview on the OS.
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15247
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Yankthattoffee on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:59 am

Tonteau wrote:Credit to the lad, he's wearing a lovely jumper in his interview on the OS.
Isn't he in some boy band? Looks like he's just signed for One Direction.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5758
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

John Stones

Post  Yankthattoffee on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 12:10 pm

When we're 4-0 up against Villa, maybe DM will give him a taste of PL football?
Welcome to GP young man.
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5758
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 1:14 pm

This breaking news story was bought to you by M4G news

and......

Very Happy
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33006
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Blue gazza on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 5:32 pm

welcome to the blues Very Happy
avatar
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6699
Age : 56
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 02 Feb 2013, 9:05 am

Is he first team material at present?
avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18308
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  KoelJagz on Sat 02 Feb 2013, 9:56 am

Not sure. Im between a rock and a hard place over it.

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
KoelJagz

Number of posts : 26803
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner on Sat 02 Feb 2013, 10:59 am

I'm going to henge my bets on this one.
avatar
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2110
Age : 36
Location : Wiltshire
Registration date : 2006-01-27

View user profile http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  The President on Sat 02 Feb 2013, 1:03 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:I'm going to henge my bets on this one.

This one will be rolling on
avatar
The President

Number of posts : 11301
Age : 57
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 07 Feb 2013, 5:50 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:This breaking news story was bought to you by M4G news

and......

Very Happy
I said



avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33006
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 08 Feb 2013, 12:51 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21372006

Everton's John Stones could rejoin Barnsley on loan - David Flitcroft

Barnsley manager David Flitcroft thinks Everton full-back John Stones could return to the club on loan this season.
The 18-year-old Tykes academy graduate signed for the Blues last week for a fee in the region of £3m.
"I'd say there's a chance, not a good chance," Flitcroft told BBC Radio Sheffield. "Remember, Everton paid good money for him.

"I'd like to think if a few clubs are sniffing around he'd want to come back to some unfinished business here."
He added: "John was in today saying goodbye to the lads and it would be something we'd love to explore.
"It wasn't part of the deal at the time that he'd come back here. I think David Moyes would like to assess him and see where he's at."
Before leaving on transfer deadline day, the England Under-19 international had been a regular for the Championship side this season, appearing in 22 of the club's 28 league games.
Meanwhile, Flitcroft does not expect former Reds midfielder Brian Howard to rejoin Barnsley in the coming weeks.
Howard, 30, is without a club after leaving Portsmouth earlier this month.
"I've spoken to his people and at the minute we've cooled off. At the moment I'm quite comfortable with what I've got but we could revisit it," he concluded.
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33006
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Tonteau on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 11:27 am

Watched Stones play for England U20s in a 1-1 draw against Chile yesterday (eurosport will probably repeat the game in the next few days if anyone's arsed). Got to say he was really good. The England U20 side are poor on the technical and tactical level. They looked clueless for at least 45 minutes, Chile were way better. However, Stones was virtually never beaten down the right. He blocked crosses and won tackles well, he has plenty of ability on the ball and possesed a Baines-esque desire to get forward. He's a fairly tall lad (well, compared to the rest of the players), pacey - looks a real athlete - and had just the right level of aggression which you sometimes feel is missing in the likes of Barkley (and Rodwell). The highlight was him surrounded by 3 chileans on the right wing, taking a few touches and beating them all to run infield and play the ball off to a team mate. Thought he was out best player.

Barkley set up the equaliser but generally looked sluggish and a bit off the pace. He's got great ability but sometimes he just doesn't look up for it. Stones in contrast, always looked up for it.
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15247
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  KoelJagz on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 12:06 pm

Tonteau wrote:Watched Stones play for England U20s in a 1-1 draw against Chile yesterday (eurosport will probably repeat the game in the next few days if anyone's arsed). Got to say he was really good. The England U20 side are poor on the technical and tactical level. They looked clueless for at least 45 minutes, Chile were way better. However, Stones was virtually never beaten down the right. He blocked crosses and won tackles well, he has plenty of ability on the ball and possesed a Baines-esque desire to get forward. He's a fairly tall lad (well, compared to the rest of the players), pacey - looks a real athlete - and had just the right level of aggression which you sometimes feel is missing in the likes of Barkley (and Rodwell). The highlight was him surrounded by 3 chileans on the right wing, taking a few touches and beating them all to run infield and play the ball off to a team mate. Thought he was out best player.

Barkley set up the equaliser but generally looked sluggish and a bit off the pace. He's got great ability but sometimes he just doesn't look up for it. Stones in contrast, always looked up for it.

Thats good to hear. Despite the focus this transfer window concerning the sale of Baines, I think we could be in real danger of losing Coleman maybe next summer if he continues to improve. Moyes will certainly be keeping an eye on him. Great to have someone of equal ability lying in wait ready to take his chance if it comes.

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
KoelJagz

Number of posts : 26803
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Tonteau on Thu 01 Aug 2013, 10:09 am

How did he do against Juve, anyone? Great experience for him and that penno was ace.

Also Dan, you can give him a number, now. 26!
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15247
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum