26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Mr_Ben on Sun 31 Jan 2016, 8:25 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:John Terry announces he is leaving Chelsea at end of season. Surely won't be easy to turn down a monster bid now?

I would imagine a bid of 40m will come in at the end of the season. Hopefully spark a bidding war, and we'll get 45m plus a load of performance related add-ons.

Wait till post Euros. Stones value should increase then. Even if England only make it out of the group stages.
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18319
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 01 Feb 2016, 1:56 am

Bluejagz wrote:John Terry announces he is leaving Chelsea at end of season. Surely won't be easy to turn down a monster bid now?

I would imagine a bid of 40m will come in at the end of the season. Hopefully spark a bidding war, and we'll get 45m plus a load of performance related add-ons.
40M - I'd want 50M like the papers were indicating we were looking for last summer. With the new massive EPL money coming in, all the players will cost more. Hell, with that in mind, make it 60M Chelsea.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Mon 01 Feb 2016, 7:29 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

40M - I'd want 50M like the papers were indicating we were looking for last summer. With the new massive EPL money coming in, all the players will cost more. Hell, with that in mind, make it 60M Chelsea.

"He is still under a long term contract, he is highly valued by the club and very well thought of by both the players, coaching staff and the fans. Of course if the right bid were to be tabled .... what's that you say you would like to make a bid... well in the current market trying to replace a man with such talent and potential will be difficult and expensive plus all the money around at the moment means we have to enter a challenging market...... so say OIRO of 80m"

And go from there .....
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8440
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 12:27 am

Will this ever stop :

As well as battling Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid for Pogba, Guardiola will attempt to spend 50m on Everton and England defender John Stones, 21. (Daily Mail)
The President

Number of posts : 11327
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 12:32 pm

Who for, Buyern?

He isn't the manager yet, unless they are talking about after May!!
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13102

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 8:03 am

Michael Owen:

This kid could play for Barcelona.

"He's probably the only player in the England squad who could walk into Barcelona's team at the moment.

"He's absolutely brilliant. Get behind him, believe in him."

Owen said some of the negativity surrounding Stones was because he is "so much better than most other players".

The former Liverpool, Newcastle United, Real Madrid and Manchester United forward added: "People just don't realise that a lot of it is under control. He will make the odd mistake but so will everyone - everyone just goes on and on and on about mistakes.

"Eventually someone might start getting into his head and he might not be the player he should because of this negativity that surrounds our country so often."

I dunno, I mean Owen should know what he's talking about.... but he rarely does.

hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23530

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 11:41 am

hairy cataract wrote:Michael Owen:

"He's probably the only player in the England squad who could walk into Barcelona's team at the moment.

Owen said some of the negativity surrounding Stones was because he is "so much better than most other players".

The former Liverpool, Newcastle United, Real Madrid and Manchester United forward added: "People just don't realise that a lot of it is under control. He will make the odd mistake but so will everyone - everyone just goes on and on and on about mistakes.

"Eventually someone might start getting into his head and he might not be the player he should because of this negativity that surrounds our country so often."

I dunno, I mean Owen should know what he's talking about.... but he rarely does.

The odd mistake !!

I like Stones but he makes 2 or 3 mistakes EVERY game... that costs the ODD GOAL... that ultimately loses the ODD MATCH...

He's a good player, but he ain't the finished article until he stops fucking around & cuts out the MAJORITY of his ODD MISTAKES
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33047

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 12:16 pm

has a fair point about people getting on his back about mistakes which others aren't picked up on.
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 12:26 pm

Valentino Blue wrote:

has a fair point about people getting on his back about mistakes which others aren't picked up on.

Our crowd seemed to be on Barkley's and Lukaku's back just as much as they were on Stones last season. I would say no mistake went un-booed.
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 1:47 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:

Our crowd seemed to be on Barkley's and Lukaku's back just as much as they were on Stones last season. I would say no mistake went un-booed.

i was thinking more about the England squad than ours.

seems that every error by the younger lads is highlighted, which i wouldn't say is limited to ours, were as more "established" players get away with a lot more without comment
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 2:41 pm

What?

Do you mean like when Woy went ballistic on Ross when he cocked up a pass in a meaningless friendly that they were winning comfortably?

Wibble wibble
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13102

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:33 pm

Valentino Blue wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:

seems that every error by the younger lads is highlighted, which i wouldn't say is limited to ours, were as more "established" players get away with a lot more without comment

Yeah, I see what you mean, but I wonder how much of that is because of our crowd giving him so much stick over his errors? The media have highlighted it, and now it's being used against him in an England context?
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:40 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:

Yeah, I see what you mean, but I wonder how much of that is because of our crowd giving him so much stick over his errors? The media have highlighted it, and now it's being used against him in an England context?
Whatever happens at the beginning of the season, the boo boys have to keep it under wraps.
It has become standard practice these days.
It had to have had a negative effect on them all.
I recall booing being reserved for just refs, from Clive Thomas onwards.
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5779
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Fri 24 Jun 2016, 8:10 am

Meanwhile, Guardiola has made Everton defender John Stones, 22, his number one transfer target. (Marca)
The President

Number of posts : 11327

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 24 Jun 2016, 8:16 am

The President wrote:Meanwhile, Guardiola has made Everton defender John Stones, 22, his number one transfer target. (Marca)
He'll go to Europe now somewhere... cheap as chips now after the currency swings
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Fri 24 Jun 2016, 4:13 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
The President wrote:Meanwhile, Guardiola has made Everton defender John Stones, 22, his number one transfer target. (Marca)
He'll go to Europe now somewhere... cheap as chips now after the currency swings

He'll need a visa. Not sure he has played enough internationals.
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3250
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KoelJagz on Sat 25 Jun 2016, 10:13 am

It's pretty obvious the most sensible thing is to wait to speak to Koeman when the Euro's are over to see if he or others want to buy into his vision or project. If they still want to go then fair enough.

Number of posts : 26813
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 25 Jun 2016, 10:17 am

KoelJagz wrote:

It's pretty obvious the most sensible thing is to wait to speak to Koeman when the Euro's are over to see if he or others want to buy into his vision or project. If they still want to go then fair enough.
considering Smalling is keeping him on the bench he needs to prove his worth to Koeman... 40M is decent for a player that makes so many errors & is not even an international starter
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 25 Jun 2016, 3:58 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
KoelJagz wrote:

considering Smalling is keeping him on the bench he needs to prove his worth to Koeman... 40M is decent for a player that makes so many errors & is not even an international starter
He's not even a regular starter at Everton.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Sat 02 Jul 2016, 3:53 pm

Looks like this one is gathering some steam now. I'd like to keep him, but 50m for someone who doesn't want to be there is too good to knock back. He's not an Evertonian and it doesn't look like he ever will be so, cheers John and good luck (you prick).
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3250
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 02 Jul 2016, 4:12 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:Looks like this one is gathering some steam now. I'd like to keep him, but 50m for someone who doesn't want to be there is too good to knock back. He's not an Evertonian and it doesn't look like he ever will be so, cheers John and good luck (you prick).
swap for Boni + cash would be good... put some real pressure on Lukaku instead of a twat like Niasse or Kone
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 2:27 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:Looks like this one is gathering some steam now. I'd like to keep him, but 50m for someone who doesn't want to be there is too good to knock back. He's not an Evertonian and it doesn't look like he ever will be so, cheers John and good luck (you prick).
swap for Boni + cash would be good... put some real pressure on Lukaku instead of a twat like Niasse or Kone
Agree. Not a massive fan of Bony allegedly being on 100k/wk though since he'd then be the highest earner. But I do rate him.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Thu 14 Jul 2016, 3:19 am

Manchester City have made a 53m bid for 22-year-old Everton and England centre-back John Stones. (Sun)
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6743

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 14 Jul 2016, 11:10 am

Blue gazza wrote:Manchester City have made a 53m bid for 22-year-old Everton and England centre-back John Stones. (Sun)
Goodbye Mr Stones by the look of that.
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5779
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top