32. Antolin Alcaraz - is he an Everton player?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

32. Antolin Alcaraz - is he an Everton player?

Post  Blue gazza on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 9:57 am

City talk just said alcaraz the Wigan defender will be Martinez first signing.  

Taken from rumour site
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6743
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 32. Antolin Alcaraz - is he an Everton player?

Post  Helenqu on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 10:09 am

the jellyman wrote:City talk just said alcaraz the Wigan defender will be Martinez first signing.

Taken from rumour site

Since he's on a free I wouldn't be at all surprised Smile
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4853
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 10:49 am

Helenqu wrote:
the jellyman wrote:City talk just said alcaraz the Wigan defender will be Martinez first signing.

Taken from rumour site

He is total shite, Hence the reason he's on a free.
sefton

Number of posts : 9295
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 11:20 am

SEFTON wrote:
Helenqu wrote:

Taken from rumour site

Wigan only ever get their players on 3 year contracts. Hence why loads of them leave on frees. He's alright, but no better than what we have at the moment.

Sell J5 and get Alcaraz on a free, wouldn't be the worst bit of business in the world.
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 12:05 pm

Tonteau wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Helenqu wrote:

Taken from rumour site

Wigan only ever get their players on 3 year contracts. Hence why loads of them leave on frees. He's alright, but no better than what we have at the moment.

Sell J5 and get Alcaraz on a free, wouldn't be the worst bit of business in the world.

Martinez reckons he would have stayed up if he'd had Alcaraz all season - so he sounds like a sick note then?

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/sport/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2013/06/06/antolin-alcaraz-in-line-to-be-roberto-martinez-s-first-purchase-at-everton-fc-99623-33433957/
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25450
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 12:34 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Helenqu wrote:

Taken from rumour site

Martinez reckons he would have stayed up if he'd had Alcaraz all season - so he sounds like a sick note then?

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/sport/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2013/06/06/antolin-alcaraz-in-line-to-be-roberto-martinez-s-first-purchase-at-everton-fc-99623-33433957/

He totally bossed us when they came to goodison in the cup.
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 2:06 pm

IMWT Very Happy Very Happy
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6743

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 12 Jun 2013, 10:29 am

New Everton boss Roberto Martinez is hoping to sign Wigan's Antolin Alcaraz by the end of the week. The 30-year-old is a free agent but the Paraguay international had an injury-hit spell at the DW Stadium.

Full story: Daily Mirror

But another Wigan player, Arouna Kone, has distanced himself from a move to Everton with the 29-year-old insisting he is happy to stay.

Full story: Metro
Armchair

Number of posts : 18372
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Wed 12 Jun 2013, 10:49 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
New Everton boss Roberto Martinez is hoping to sign Wigan's Antolin Alcaraz by the end of the week. The 30-year-old is a free agent but the Paraguay international had an injury-hit spell at the DW Stadium.

But another Wigan player, Arouna Kone, has distanced himself from a move to Everton with the 29-year-old insisting he is happy to stay.

Kone's response is code for "of course I am available, I just do not want to be tarred as a rodent departing an increasingly un-buoyant vessel" obviousl he will have used a different dialect, but that will have been the gist. Me? I am happy for him to stay aboard. I have a sneaky suspicion that Jelli and Martinez are going to work out fine as a striker/boss combo. I think our expected newer style of play might help him.
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8440

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:08 pm

Uwist61 wrote:

Kone's response is code for "of course I am available, I just do not want to be tarred as a rodent departing an increasingly un-buoyant vessel" obviousl he will have used a different dialect, but that will have been the gist. Me? I am happy for him to stay aboard. I have a sneaky suspicion that Jelli and Martinez are going to work out fine as a striker/boss combo. I think our expected newer style of play might help him.
What worries me about Jelli is that he had so many great chances to score last season but just couldn't find the net.  A half decent finisher would have scored a dozen more.  We're putting the ball into some really good areas for a striker and, if I was Baines for example, I wouldn't want to be doing that again next season with the same results.  Even if we keep Jelli, I really feel our priority - after keeping the players we do have - is to find a player with an eye for the tap-in, or the close range header, or any of the other "simple" stuff in front of goal.  We don't need someone who can score the odd screamer, or someone who can hold the ball up and stick his arse in the defenders crotch, we need a goal poacher.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23530

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:19 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Uwist61 wrote:

What worries me about Jelli is that he had so many great chances to score last season but just couldn't find the net agreed.  A half decent finisher would have scored a dozen more.  We're putting the ball into some really good areas for a striker agreed.  and, if I was Baines for example, I wouldn't want to be doing that again next season with the same resultsagreed.  Even if we keep Jelli, I really feel our priority - after keeping the players we do have - is to find a player with an eye for the tap-in, or the close range header, or any of the other "simple" stuff in front of goal. agreed.   We don't need someone who can score the odd screamer, or someone who can hold the ball up and stick his arse in the defenders crotch, we need a goal poacher.agreed.  

I just have a sense that luck will turn. If Jelli was not showing it in the week - Moyes would have left him out much earlier.... we also have other options - Vellios... as I said initially - call it a hunch.... i just do think with Coleman and Baines coming from the sides Jelli might be better.... The more I think about the point in red - then that was certainly the difference in some of the draws we had.... and at two pints a game ... to or three conversions would have seen us in CL. The team we already have is decent ... certainly better than RS - who despite the millions will need to tinker again significantly
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8440

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 7:21 pm

Have we signed him.yet?
Super

Number of posts : 35971
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:46 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Uwist61 wrote:

What worries me about Jelli is that he had so many great chances to score last season but just couldn't find the net.  A half decent finisher would have scored a dozen more.  We're putting the ball into some really good areas for a striker and, if I was Baines for example, I wouldn't want to be doing that again next season with the same results.  Even if we keep Jelli, I really feel our priority - after keeping the players we do have - is to find a player with an eye for the tap-in, or the close range header, or any of the other "simple" stuff in front of goal.  We don't need someone who can score the odd screamer, or someone who can hold the ball up and stick his arse in the defenders crotch, we need a goal poacher.

One of the criticisms of Moyes over 11 years was that he didn't serve the strikers well. I have a gut feel that Jelavic is a quality striker who lost his way under Moyes last season. We'll see for ourselves next

season but I definitely wouldn't sell. My fear 6-8 weeks in
after his first half a dozen starts was that he would be subject to bids from champions leage clubs. He deserves another season IMHO. We may even play 2 strikers next season as oppose to 1 so that will no doubt help!

Alcatrash though - no logical explanation for me!
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 8:59 am

Cahill the Great wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Uwist61 wrote:

One of the criticisms of Moyes over 11 years was that he didn't serve the strikers well.  I have a gut feel that Jelavic is a quality striker who lost his way under Moyes last season. We'll see for ourselves next

season but I definitely wouldn't sell.  My fear 6-8 weeks in
after his first half a dozen starts was that he would be subject to bids from champions leage clubs. He deserves another season IMHO. We may even play 2 strikers next season as oppose to 1 so that will no doubt help!

Alcatrash  
He's free!!!
J5 on his way, surely.  Bit of dosh to blow on someone else, like a goalie!!! Ron Springett as back up is a cause for concern.
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5779
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 5:14 pm

He's on a free, probably on a previously low wage at Wigan, he's just been relegated, and is the wrong end of his career to be holding out for a big wage packet..... anyone else concerned that we can't even wrap up the signing of a free, unregistered, aging, no-mark?
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 10:03 pm

Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:He's on a free, probably on a previously low wage at Wigan, he's just been relegated, and is the wrong end of his career to be holding out for a big wage packet..... anyone else concerned that we can't even wrap up the signing of a free, unregistered, aging, no-mark?
It worked for me. cheers 
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 2:13 pm

Has agreed a two year deal with us apparently:

http://www.everton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=324387
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4853

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 3:48 pm

Helenqu wrote:Has agreed a two year deal with us apparently:

Bye Bye J5 ?
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 4:09 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:

Bye Bye J5 ?

Bye Bye good defence
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 5:55 pm

silent silent silent pale pale pale pale Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 

I'm starting to hate Martinez ... we'll be relegated by 2016
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33047

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 5:55 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:silent silent silent pale pale pale pale Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 

???? why???? why not by 2014???? Very Happy 
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 5:56 pm

Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:silent silent silent pale pale pale pale Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 

???? why???? why not by 2014???? Very Happy 
ok let's split the diff .. .2015 it is ... you heard it here first
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33047

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 10:03 pm

Yep, i feel the same. Cant believe people are happy with the shite that got Wigan relegated. Ill judge him in 18 months though.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14335
Registration date : 2006-01-30

View user profile http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 10:30 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Bye Bye J5 ?

Bye Bye good defence

Cos J5 was so good in defence vs Kone at Wigan that he was taken off at half time.
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 10:31 pm

Bryan wrote:

Yep, i feel the same. Cant believe people are happy with the shite that got Wigan relegated. Ill judge him in 18 months though.

Thus far we've lost no one of consequence and got in three decent squad players. You'll have to excuse me for being ok with that.
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top