ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Page 2 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  fourdoors on Sat 22 Jun 2013, 10:59 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Helenqu wrote:My tactical analysis tends to pretty much stop at trying to score more goals than you concede but I wondered what you thought of this?

http://blog.squawka.com/2013/06/20/analysis-an-in-depth-insight-into-roberto-martinez-wigan-tactics/2013062011419

Interesting read. But I can't help thinking that if Martinez really is such a great manager, Wigan wouldn't be in the Championship.
Look at it a different way: is Ferguson such a great manager that he would have kept Wigan (or Reading) up? Could he bring, say, Yeovil into the Premier League without a massive budget?

fourdoors

Number of posts : 686
Age : 117
Location : No fixed address. London, Germany...
Registration date : 2005-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  sefton on Mon 24 Jun 2013, 8:10 am

fourdoors wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Helenqu wrote:My tactical analysis tends to pretty much stop at trying to score more goals than you concede but I wondered what you thought of this?

http://blog.squawka.com/2013/06/20/analysis-an-in-depth-insight-into-roberto-martinez-wigan-tactics/2013062011419

Interesting read. But I can't help thinking that if Martinez really is such a great manager, Wigan wouldn't be in the Championship.
Look at it a different way: is Ferguson such a great manager that he would have kept Wigan (or Reading) up? Could he bring, say, Yeovil into the Premier League without a massive budget?

He did win European trophy with Aberdeen cheers
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9295
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  fourdoors on Mon 24 Jun 2013, 10:27 pm

sefton wrote:
fourdoors wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Helenqu wrote:My tactical analysis tends to pretty much stop at trying to score more goals than you concede but I wondered what you thought of this?

http://blog.squawka.com/2013/06/20/analysis-an-in-depth-insight-into-roberto-martinez-wigan-tactics/2013062011419

Interesting read. But I can't help thinking that if Martinez really is such a great manager, Wigan wouldn't be in the Championship.
Look at it a different way: is Ferguson such a great manager that he would have kept Wigan (or Reading) up? Could he bring, say, Yeovil into the Premier League without a massive budget?

He did win European trophy with Aberdeen cheers
Ah, but that was before Sky invented football, so it doesn't count.
Anyway, Rafa won a European trophy with the shite, but that doesn't make him a great manager.

(Damn you and your counter-argument.)

fourdoors

Number of posts : 686
Age : 117
Location : No fixed address. London, Germany...
Registration date : 2005-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sat 29 Jun 2013, 1:05 pm

BK REACHES NEW HIEGHTS OF LUVVIENESS

He told the Liverpool Echo: "Roberto's not patient! He wants to be in there, wants to be with the players, wants to be at it.

"He's excited about the pre-season tours to Austria and America - I've told him to bring us home a trophy. He's in love. He's in love with Everton."
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5778
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Helenqu on Thu 22 Aug 2013, 12:38 pm

I really like this little message from Bob Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2399894/Roberto-Martinez-makes-heartfelt-plea-Everton-fans--video.html


Anyone know what he says in Spanish at the end?
avatar
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4853
Age : 54
Location : Hatfield, Herts.
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 22 Aug 2013, 1:26 pm

Helenqu wrote:I really like this little message from Bob Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2399894/Roberto-Martinez-makes-heartfelt-plea-Everton-fans--video.html


Anyone know what he says in Spanish at the end?
Regarding the ending, I could be wrong, but I think he said:

"I'm from Barcelona and I know naaating!" Very Happy 
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Armchair on Thu 22 Aug 2013, 4:48 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Helenqu wrote:I really like this little message from Bob Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2399894/Roberto-Martinez-makes-heartfelt-plea-Everton-fans--video.html


Anyone know what he says in Spanish at the end?
Regarding the ending, I could be wrong, but I think he said:

"I'm from Barcelona and I know naaating!" Very Happy 
Laughing 

I think it might mean 'Fuck off Moysie'.
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18372
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Thu 22 Aug 2013, 6:33 pm

Helenqu wrote:I really like this little message from Bob Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2399894/Roberto-Martinez-makes-heartfelt-plea-Everton-fans--video.html


Anyone know what he says in Spanish at the end?
Solo lo mejor. Only the best! I guess it's from Nil Satis...
avatar
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3250
Age : 40
Location : Lima, Peru
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Helenqu on Thu 22 Aug 2013, 7:59 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Helenqu wrote:I really like this little message from Bob Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2399894/Roberto-Martinez-makes-heartfelt-plea-Everton-fans--video.html


Anyone know what he says in Spanish at the end?
Solo lo mejor. Only the best! I guess it's from Nil Satis...
He's such a smoothie! I love him!
avatar
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4853
Age : 54
Location : Hatfield, Herts.
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Thu 22 Aug 2013, 8:59 pm

Helenqu wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Helenqu wrote:I really like this little message from Bob Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2399894/Roberto-Martinez-makes-heartfelt-plea-Everton-fans--video.html


Anyone know what he says in Spanish at the end?
Solo lo mejor. Only the best! I guess it's from Nil Satis...
He's such a smoothie! I love him!
 I thought you loved David Moyes. You've moved on quick!

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
avatar
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13065
Age : 39
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Helenqu on Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:09 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Helenqu wrote:I really like this little message from Bob Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2399894/Roberto-Martinez-makes-heartfelt-plea-Everton-fans--video.html


Anyone know what he says in Spanish at the end?
Solo lo mejor. Only the best! I guess it's from Nil Satis...
He's such a smoothie! I love him!
 I thought you loved David Moyes. You've moved on quick!
Why mope for a lost love when you can have a nice new one :-) ?
avatar
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4853
Age : 54
Location : Hatfield, Herts.
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Fri 23 Aug 2013, 1:12 am

Helenqu wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Helenqu wrote:I really like this little message from Bob Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2399894/Roberto-Martinez-makes-heartfelt-plea-Everton-fans--video.html


Anyone know what he says in Spanish at the end?
Solo lo mejor. Only the best! I guess it's from Nil Satis...
He's such a smoothie! I love him!
 I thought you loved David Moyes. You've moved on quick!
Why mope for a lost love when you can have a nice new younger one :-) ?
Slight edit. Very Happy 
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 23 Aug 2013, 1:09 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Helenqu wrote:I really like this little message from Bob Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2399894/Roberto-Martinez-makes-heartfelt-plea-Everton-fans--video.html


Anyone know what he says in Spanish at the end?
Solo lo mejor. Only the best! I guess it's from Nil Satis...
He's such a smoothie! I love him!
 I thought you loved David Moyes. You've moved on quick!
Why mope for a lost love when you can have a nice new younger one  who isn't a ginger tosser :-) ?
Slight edit. Very Happy 
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33047
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Helenqu on Fri 23 Aug 2013, 2:40 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Helenqu wrote:I really like this little message from Bob Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2399894/Roberto-Martinez-makes-heartfelt-plea-Everton-fans--video.html


Anyone know what he says in Spanish at the end?
Solo lo mejor. Only the best! I guess it's from Nil Satis...
He's such a smoothie! I love him!
 I thought you loved David Moyes. You've moved on quick!
Why mope for a lost love when you can have a nice new younger one  who isn't a ginger tosser :-) ?
Slight edit. Very Happy 
You might all say that, I couldn't possibly comment Smile
avatar
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4853
Age : 54
Location : Hatfield, Herts.
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Fri 23 Aug 2013, 4:23 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Helenqu wrote:I really like this little message from Bob Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2399894/Roberto-Martinez-makes-heartfelt-plea-Everton-fans--video.html


Anyone know what he says in Spanish at the end?
Solo lo mejor. Only the best! I guess it's from Nil Satis...
He's such a smoothie! I love him!
 I thought you loved David Moyes. You've moved on quick!
Why mope for a lost love when you can have a nice new younger one  who isn't a ginger tosser :-) ?
Slight edit. Very Happy 
You bastard! cheers lol! lol! lol! lol! 
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 31 Aug 2013, 5:16 pm

clueless martinez
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33047
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Lumper on Sat 31 Aug 2013, 5:27 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:clueless martinez
I never wanted him appointed in the first place but at this stage we're stuck with him. It's still too early to tell, however I'm worried that we're not getting results against teams we're expected to finish above. Another 35 draws and we'll be relegated.
avatar
Lumper

Number of posts : 5846
Age : 41
Location : Dublin
Registration date : 2007-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 31 Aug 2013, 5:29 pm

Lumper wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:clueless martinez
I never wanted him appointed in the first place but at this stage we're stuck with him. It's still too early to tell, however I'm worried that we're not getting results against teams we're expected to finish above. Another 35 draws and we'll be relegated.
Be interesting to see if Moyes would have got 3 points.

I would say it was same old Everton. Lots of possession and chances but no goals.
avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18319
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Lumper on Sat 31 Aug 2013, 5:35 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:clueless martinez
I never wanted him appointed in the first place but at this stage we're stuck with him. It's still too early to tell, however I'm worried that we're not getting results against teams we're expected to finish above. Another 35 draws and we'll be relegated.
Be interesting to see if Moyes would have got 3 points.

I would say it was same old Everton. Lots of possession and chances but no goals.
3 draws and a dodgy cup win. It's exactly like Moyes Very Happy 
avatar
Lumper

Number of posts : 5846
Age : 41
Location : Dublin
Registration date : 2007-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Armchair on Sat 31 Aug 2013, 5:43 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:clueless martinez
I never wanted him appointed in the first place but at this stage we're stuck with him. It's still too early to tell, however I'm worried that we're not getting results against teams we're expected to finish above. Another 35 draws and we'll be relegated.
Be interesting to see if Moyes would have got 3 points.

I would say it was same old Everton. Lots of possession and chances but no goals.
Yes, it feels like the same old Everton. Which isn't bad as it means a top 7-8 finish but on the other hand it would be nice to see a little progression.
avatar
Armchair

Number of posts : 18372
Age : 37
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Sack the Juggler on Sat 31 Aug 2013, 9:41 pm

RArmchair Evertonian wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:clueless martinez
I never wanted him appointed in the first place but at this stage we're stuck with him. It's still too early to tell, however I'm worried that we're not getting results against teams we're expected to finish above. Another 35 draws and we'll be relegated.
Be interesting to see if Moyes would have got 3 points.

I would say it was same old Everton. Lots of possession and chances but no goals.
Yes, it feels like the same old Everton. Which isn't bad as it means a top 7-8 finish but on the other hand it would be nice to see a little progression.
Only once in his time at Everton did moyes fail to win one of his first three league games of the season, so not really same old...

... especially if we sellout two best players in the next couple of days
avatar
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25450
Age : 54
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 31 Aug 2013, 10:05 pm

Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:
RArmchair Evertonian wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:clueless martinez
I never wanted him appointed in the first place but at this stage we're stuck with him. It's still too early to tell, however I'm worried that we're not getting results against teams we're expected to finish above. Another 35 draws and we'll be relegated.
Be interesting to see if Moyes would have got 3 points.

I would say it was same old Everton. Lots of possession and chances but no goals.
Yes, it feels like the same old Everton. Which isn't bad as it means a top 7-8 finish but on the other hand it would be nice to see a little progression.
Only once in his time at Everton did moyes fail to win one of his first three league games of the season, so not really same old...

... especially if we sellout two best players in the next couple of days
I don't think it is same old at all .. sure we are passing well but we have no cutting edge whatsoever inside 20 yards. We have played 3 poor teams in Norwich, WBA (minus Lukaku) and now Cardiff ... 4 if you count the Stevenage disgrace.. we have no striker of any ilk.. we have spent our money.. we are in the shit & likely to lose quality players in the next 48 hours... our best looking players are a kid (good one granted) in Barkley & a loan in Defoofoo .. our wingers are not at the races at the moment (Pienaar & Miralles) ... sorry, but it's fucking shite

nearly forgot .. it's Chelsea next ... we'll be in the bottom three Crying or Very sad
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33047
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 12:00 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:clueless martinez
I never wanted him appointed in the first place but at this stage we're stuck with him. It's still too early to tell, however I'm worried that we're not getting results against teams we're expected to finish above. Another 35 draws and we'll be relegated.
Be interesting to see if Moyes would have got 3 points.

I would say it was same old Everton. Lots of possession and chances but no goals.
Yes, it feels like the same old Everton. Which isn't bad as it means a top 7-8 finish but on the other hand it would be nice to see a little progression.
My main gripe with Robby is that he bought Kone. Shocked 
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5778
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Sack the Juggler on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 5:13 pm

Felt a bit sick when he mentioned another clean sheet, yes thats two clean sheets against two teams who parked the bus and didn't attack us.

Start talking of clean sheets after we've beaten Chelsea you dozy twat!
avatar
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25450
Age : 54
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Tonteau on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 6:06 pm

Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:Felt a bit sick when he mentioned another clean sheet, yes thats two clean sheets against two teams who parked the bus and didn't attack us.

Start talking of clean sheets after we've beaten Chelsea you dozy twat!
one of them had just stuck 3 goals past man city.
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum