ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Page 3 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Sack the Juggler on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 7:50 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:Felt a bit sick when he mentioned another clean sheet, yes thats two clean sheets against two teams who parked the bus and didn't attack us.

Start talking of clean sheets after we've beaten Chelsea you dozy twat!
one of them had just stuck 3 goals past man city.
They had a go against city, but parked the bus against us
avatar
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25556
Age : 54
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Sack the Juggler on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 11:01 am

avatar
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25556
Age : 54
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Cahill the Great on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 11:55 am

 
Martinez said something on Wednesday which alluded to this.

“The normal assumption when a manager moves on is that they will take players along with them,” he said.

“But it is a big mistake just to look back at the manager’s previous teams. World football is a big, big market.”



Yes we agree Roberto!
avatar
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Age : 39
Location : London
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Sack the Juggler on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 11:57 am

Cahill the Great wrote: 
Martinez said something on Wednesday which alluded to this.

“The normal assumption when a manager moves on is that they will take players along with them,” he said.

“But it is a big mistake just to look back at the manager’s previous teams.  World football is a big, big market.”



Yes we agree Roberto!
It's a massive mistake, especially if your previous team was relegated
avatar
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25556
Age : 54
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  sefton on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 11:33 am

Roberto Martinez conducting himself well in an Interview before Everton's home game against Chelsea.
Saturday 14th September 2013 at Goodison Park k/o 17-00pm.



http://www.evertonfc.com/home/


avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9362
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Merseyblue on Sun 15 Sep 2013, 5:14 pm

Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:Felt a bit sick when he mentioned another clean sheet, yes thats two clean sheets against two teams who parked the bus and didn't attack us.

Start talking of clean sheets after we've beaten Chelsea you dozy twat!
*Cough* Very Happy
avatar
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163
Age : 35
Location : Preston
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Sack the Juggler on Sun 15 Sep 2013, 7:23 pm

Merseyblue wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:Felt a bit sick when he mentioned another clean sheet, yes thats two clean sheets against two teams who parked the bus and didn't attack us.

Start talking of clean sheets after we've beaten Chelsea you dozy twat!
*Cough* Very Happy 
 Ok, now we can talk about clean sheet when we are faced by a strike force who can hit the target!
avatar
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25556
Age : 54
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Merseyblue on Sun 15 Sep 2013, 7:46 pm

Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:
Merseyblue wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:Felt a bit sick when he mentioned another clean sheet, yes thats two clean sheets against two teams who parked the bus and didn't attack us.

Start talking of clean sheets after we've beaten Chelsea you dozy twat!
*Cough* Very Happy 
 Ok, now we can talk about clean sheet when we are faced by a strike force who can hit the target!
They let us borrow their most in form striker Very Happy 
avatar
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163
Age : 35
Location : Preston
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 15 Sep 2013, 8:50 pm

Merseyblue wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:
Merseyblue wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:Felt a bit sick when he mentioned another clean sheet, yes thats two clean sheets against two teams who parked the bus and didn't attack us.

Start talking of clean sheets after we've beaten Chelsea you dozy twat!
*Cough* Very Happy 
 Ok, now we can talk about clean sheet when we are faced by a strike force who can hit the target!
They let us borrow their most in form striker Very Happy 
That one sure is puzzling. Eto'o had 2-3 great chance to score, I think Lukaku would have buried at least one of those.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66072
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Tonteau on Mon 16 Sep 2013, 11:03 am

Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:
Merseyblue wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:Felt a bit sick when he mentioned another clean sheet, yes thats two clean sheets against two teams who parked the bus and didn't attack us.

Start talking of clean sheets after we've beaten Chelsea you dozy twat!
*Cough* Very Happy 
 Ok, now we can talk about clean sheet when we are faced by a strike force who can hit the target!
When we miss chances, we're shite, when chelsea do it, we're lucky. Very Happy 
avatar
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15248
Age : 110
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  sefton on Mon 16 Sep 2013, 7:06 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:
Merseyblue wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:Felt a bit sick when he mentioned another clean sheet, yes thats two clean sheets against two teams who parked the bus and didn't attack us.

Start talking of clean sheets after we've beaten Chelsea you dozy twat!
*Cough* Very Happy 
 Ok, now we can talk about clean sheet when we are faced by a strike force who can hit the target!
When we miss chances, we're shite, when chelsea do it, we're lucky.  Very Happy 

Was it not Jelavic who set up Naismith for the winner against Chelsea ?
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9362
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 16 Sep 2013, 7:11 pm

sefton wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:
Merseyblue wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:Felt a bit sick when he mentioned another clean sheet, yes thats two clean sheets against two teams who parked the bus and didn't attack us.

Start talking of clean sheets after we've beaten Chelsea you dozy twat!
*Cough* Very Happy 
 Ok, now we can talk about clean sheet when we are faced by a strike force who can hit the target!
When we miss chances, we're shite, when chelsea do it, we're lucky.  Very Happy 
Was it not Jelavic who set up Naismith for the winner against Chelsea ?
Sure was - best striker partnership in the Prem.  

Joking aside, I can't wait to see Lukaku out there!
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 66072
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 28 Sep 2013, 5:00 pm

Martinez the guest on MOTD tonight
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33362
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Sat 28 Sep 2013, 6:00 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:Martinez the guest on MOTD tonight
I might drive down to Media City and get my photo taken with him.


I wont.

_________________
avatar
Michael Crosby S74

Number of posts : 28004
Age : 37
Location : Preston
Registration date : 2005-10-13

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 1:35 pm

A lad who I used to work with (a red sadly) went to see Martinez speak the other week. He sent me this which I thought was funny-

Hi mate.

Very impressed with him. Great, intelligent speaker. Such a gracious man.

He did talk about the possibility of signing your three loaned players. He said Barry was the most likely because he is going to be out of contract soon. He is hoping to get the lad from Barca on another season long loan, but he can't see them ever letting him go. He said he loves Lukaku but he joked he would have to sell Goodison Park to buy him.

The only sad thing about the night was Howard Kendall. What a mess. So pissed he could hardly stand up
avatar
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20991
Age : 39
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 6:03 pm

Dixie Land wrote:A lad who I used to work with (a red sadly) went to see Martinez speak the other week. He sent me this which I thought was funny-

Hi mate.

Very impressed with him. Great, intelligent speaker. Such a gracious man.

He did talk about the possibility of signing your three loaned players. He said Barry was the most likely because he is going to be out of contract soon. He is hoping to get the lad from Barca on another season long loan, but he can't see them ever letting him go. He said he loves Lukaku but he joked he would have to sell Goodison Park to buy him.

The only sad thing about the night was Howard Kendall. What a mess. So pissed he could hardly stand up
Just put your hands up and say it was you
avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18327
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 6:05 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:A lad who I used to work with (a red sadly) went to see Martinez speak the other week. He sent me this which I thought was funny-

Hi mate.

Very impressed with him. Great, intelligent speaker. Such a gracious man.

He did talk about the possibility of signing your three loaned players. He said Barry was the most likely because he is going to be out of contract soon. He is hoping to get the lad from Barca on another season long loan, but he can't see them ever letting him go. He said he loves Lukaku but he joked he would have to sell Goodison Park to buy him.

The only sad thing about the night was Howard Kendall. What a mess. So pissed he could hardly stand up
Just put your hands up and say it was you
I'm not a red!!! Very Happy 

His name is Tim.
avatar
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20991
Age : 39
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 6:08 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:A lad who I used to work with (a red sadly) went to see Martinez speak the other week. He sent me this which I thought was funny-

Hi mate.

Very impressed with him. Great, intelligent speaker. Such a gracious man.

He did talk about the possibility of signing your three loaned players. He said Barry was the most likely because he is going to be out of contract soon. He is hoping to get the lad from Barca on another season long loan, but he can't see them ever letting him go. He said he loves Lukaku but he joked he would have to sell Goodison Park to buy him.

The only sad thing about the night was Howard Kendall. What a mess. So pissed he could hardly stand up
Just put your hands up and say it was you
I'm not a red!!! Very Happy 

His name is Tim.
Your just making this up!

p.s. what aftershave does Martinez use?
avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18327
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Dixie Land on Sun 03 Nov 2013, 12:25 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:A lad who I used to work with (a red sadly) went to see Martinez speak the other week. He sent me this which I thought was funny-

Hi mate.

Very impressed with him. Great, intelligent speaker. Such a gracious man.

He did talk about the possibility of signing your three loaned players. He said Barry was the most likely because he is going to be out of contract soon. He is hoping to get the lad from Barca on another season long loan, but he can't see them ever letting him go. He said he loves Lukaku but he joked he would have to sell Goodison Park to buy him.

The only sad thing about the night was Howard Kendall. What a mess. So pissed he could hardly stand up
Just put your hands up and say it was you
I'm not a red!!! Very Happy 

His name is Tim.
Your just making this up!

p.s. what aftershave does Martinez use?
Lynx Africa apparently, according to Tim. Cool
avatar
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20991
Age : 39
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Blue gazza on Thu 07 Nov 2013, 4:13 pm

Roberto Martinez today responded to Andre Villas-Boas's attack on Romelu Lukakua after the Tottenham boss suggested that Lukaku could have avoided his collision with Hugo Lloris during last weekend's goalless draw between the sides which saw the goalkeeper briefly concussed.
Villas-Boas has faced strong criticism for allowing the France international to see out the remaining 20 minutes of the match, half of which was added time as a result and also lamented the Blues' on-loan striker for failing to contact Lloris in the aftermath of the incident.

But Martinez says the clash was unavoidable and believes Roberto Soldado's elbow on Phil Jagielka earlier in the game warrants an apology.

He said: "The good thing is that you can watch the replay and you can see the video evidence.

"Romelu, all he's doing is carrying on his run. He cannot disappear [out of Lloris' path]. It's unfortunate.

"I don't think Andre Villas-Boas mentioned that there was any intent or any wrongdoing from Romelu. I think he only mentioned that maybe he expected a bit of an apology.

"We're waiting for Roberto Soldado to apologise to Phil Jagielka and use the same phone call so we don't have to spend two phone calls."

great response, go ed bobby  
avatar
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6984
Age : 56
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 30 Nov 2013, 5:30 pm

Early days, and I don't want to hex the cunt, but Martinez has been astonishing so far. His tactics, his team selection, his substitutions, the way he goes about his job - absolutely faultless.

I know we all talk about Lukaku and Barry and Baines and whether we can keep hold of them but if Martinez carries on like this there will be som big money clubs coming in for him at the end of the season.
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23647
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Helenqu on Wed 04 Dec 2013, 9:17 am

This is a really nice article on Martinez and the way he handles the media:

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2013/12/enjoying-martinez-media/
avatar
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4876
Age : 54
Location : Hatfield, Herts.
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Statman on Wed 04 Dec 2013, 10:04 am

Helenqu wrote:This is a really nice article on Martinez and the way he handles the media:

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2013/12/enjoying-martinez-media/
That’s all very well but this is disturbing

‘Under Martinez, in his first game in charge at Goodison Park, I was guest (obviously the bloke from NSNO) in the press box and even interviewed the Spaniard afterwards along with representatives from Toffeeweb and Followtonians.‘

Why wasn’t Mr Crosby invited? B$£%&*ds.

avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 7039
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  sefton on Wed 04 Dec 2013, 10:05 am

hairy cataract wrote:Early days, and I don't want to hex the cunt, but Martinez has been astonishing so far.  His tactics, his team selection, his substitutions, the way he goes about his job - absolutely faultless.

I know we all talk about Lukaku and Barry and Baines and whether we can keep hold of them but if Martinez carries on like this there will be som big money clubs coming in for him at the end of the season.  
At least though Hairy, We won't miss out on big compensation claim like Moyers allowed us to do. cheers 
Moyes arrogance will get the better of him sooner or later.
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9362
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Merseyblue on Wed 04 Dec 2013, 7:08 pm

Good article.
Martinez seems to be more of a people person than Moyes. I think this is shown in the way that he deals with the media but more importantly the way he manages his players. Very Happy 
avatar
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163
Age : 35
Location : Preston
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum