ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Page 36 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Fri 09 Sep 2016, 2:41 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Totally fucking ridiculous, we've been rinsed. †£10m and he walks into another job immediately? †Sack the board. †If Martinez had any morals, he would have given us £10m for the pain he put us through. Tosser. I hope Belgium are relegated. †And what sort of a knob offers a deal that stupid after one good season? Oh, fucking Billy Bollocks Bullshit, that's who. †Fuck off Kenwright.

Yours sincerely

Angry, London.

PS We should just give the cunt Niasse and tell him to keep the change
It's all messed up when he's actually making more money by being sacked than if he had stayed with Everton. No
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Fri 09 Sep 2016, 3:28 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Totally fucking ridiculous, we've been rinsed. †£10m and he walks into another job immediately? †Sack the board. †If Martinez had any morals, he would have given us £10m for the pain he put us through. Tosser. I hope Belgium are relegated. †And what sort of a knob offers a deal that stupid after one good season? Oh, fucking Billy Bollocks Bullshit, that's who. †Fuck off Kenwright.

Yours sincerely

Angry, London.

It's all messed up when he's actually making more money by being sacked than if he had stayed with Everton. No

Not quite Thor. If you were working and had a fixed term contract that defined the terms of your employment (and contractually prevents you from seeking alternative employment) and you are then told to leave - well yes you get a windfall... but it what was contractually agreed. Now the £10m is a big cost, but imagine if we stuck with him and we seriously flirt with relegation and the loss of associated revenue then the cost to mitigate the risk is small beer. That is how the club will view it... (and so would I - if I were in the same position)
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8440
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Fri 09 Sep 2016, 3:47 pm

Da Judge wrote:

Yours sincerely

Angry, London.

Not quite Thor. If you were working and had a fixed term contract that defined the terms of your employment (and contractually prevents you from seeking alternative employment) and you are then told to leave - well yes you get a windfall... but it what was contractually agreed. Now the £10m is a big cost, but imagine if we stuck with him and we seriously flirt with relegation and the loss of associated revenue then the cost to mitigate the risk is small beer. That is how the club will view it... (and so would I - if I were in the same position)

Yes that's right, but what complete fuckwit gave that utter helmet a five year contract that ended up costing us £10m to get rid of the useless, shite-spouting, brown-shoed cockhead? †I'm sure the contract was perfectly legal, and so is paying said helmet the full amount even though he has now conned some other fuckwit into giving him a new contract, but WHY GIVE HIM THE FUCKING CONTRACT IN THE FIRST PLACE? Why not write into it a clause that said "Hey, we know you are a brilliant manager and Barcelona are bound to come and try to steal you from us soon, but in the incredibly unlikely scenario of you failing to finish in the top half two years running, and in that time not win a trophy or reach a final, we can terminate the contract with just a reasonable little pay off of say £2m"? †Cos, if he was so FUCKING BRILLIANT that was never likely to happen was it? But it did.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23530

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Fri 09 Sep 2016, 4:49 pm

Da Judge wrote:

Yours sincerely

Angry, London.

I understand that, but I still think it's messed up. £10M to get fired - messed up in my book.

In the NFL, the players have a no double dip of salary clause in their contracts. Granted, their contracts are rather different anyway since only the guaranteed money are just that - guaranteed. You can sign a $50M contract and get cut the next day and get nothing (unless there are guaranteed money in the contract, then you'll get that).
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36

View previous topic View next topic Back to top