9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 7:20 pm

Lumper wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
confused  what's it from?

It was a YouTube video that went viral. The lad who was in preditor got some great publicity from it. Look up Joseph Kony

Cheers Lumper. Yes, it was a campaign about the warlord Joseph Kony which made some people pretty rich.
avatar
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20991
Age : 39
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Lumper on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 8:30 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
confused  what's it from?

It was a YouTube video that went viral. The lad who was in preditor got some great publicity from it. Look up Joseph Kony

Cheers Lumper. Yes, it was a campaign about the warlord Joseph Kony which made some people pretty rich.

The fella who made the film went a bit mental after taking loads of drugs. I'm sure he was caught running around his neighborhood having a Barclays bank.
avatar
Lumper

Number of posts : 5864
Age : 41
Location : Dublin
Registration date : 2007-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 8:33 pm

Lumper wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
confused  what's it from?

It was a YouTube video that went viral. The lad who was in preditor got some great publicity from it. Look up Joseph Kony

Cheers Lumper. Yes, it was a campaign about the warlord Joseph Kony which made some people pretty rich.

The fella who made the film went a bit mental after taking loads of drugs. I'm sure he was caught running around his neighborhood having a Barclays bank.

You say that like it's a bad thing scratch
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23604
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 8:48 pm

Can't say I'm happy about this ... Neutral 

we'll see in due course i suppose
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33236
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 8:53 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Can't say I'm happy about this ... Neutral 

we'll see in due course i suppose

just say fuck it, take a load of drugs, and run around banging one out mate. It's fine.
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23604
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 9:07 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Can't say I'm happy about this ... Neutral 

we'll see in due course i suppose

just say fuck it, take a load of drugs, and run around banging one out mate.  It's fine.
that sir ... is a bloody fine idea
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33236
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  RhinoJagz on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 9:15 pm

Good to have the deal done in time for pre-season. Time will tell if he's a success it will be a decent deal if he hits the ground running.

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
avatar
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26832
Age : 38
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Lumper on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 9:50 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Can't say I'm happy about this ... Neutral 

we'll see in due course i suppose

just say fuck it, take a load of drugs, and run around banging one out mate.  It's fine.
that sir ... is a bloody fine idea

Here's some inspiration for you.

NSFW

avatar
Lumper

Number of posts : 5864
Age : 41
Location : Dublin
Registration date : 2007-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 11:28 pm

OK, the price and age combination isn't ideal, but we absolutely need someone who can put compete with or compliment Jelavic and we would be doing well to get someone aged 23-ish to fulfill that role. I'm happy with this signing - he has looked good in a poor team, and he knows where the goal is. Jelavic now needs to pull his socks up and now he has some serious competition then perhaps we'll see him get back to being a decent forward again. If not, then we have a competent goalscorer in Kone, so it is win-win for me.

I would be concerned if this became the standard template for future transfers. I doubt it will be but, for the situation we are in, this is necessary.

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
avatar
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13090
Age : 39
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  anticipate_the_pass on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:22 am

Lumper wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Can't say I'm happy about this ... Neutral 

we'll see in due course i suppose

just say fuck it, take a load of drugs, and run around banging one out mate.  It's fine.
that sir ... is a bloody fine idea

Here's some inspiration for you.

NSFW


If this Kone lad scores a hat-trick against the Shite, I can actually see this happening Shocked
avatar
anticipate_the_pass

Number of posts : 1014
Location : New York
Registration date : 2006-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 3:47 am

OK, at least a signing and he's a rather proven goal scorer which is what we need.

What was the fee then? Undisclosed?
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65938
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Dixie Land on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 7:08 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:OK, at least a signing and he's a rather proven goal scorer which is what we need.

What was the fee then? Undisclosed?

£6 million apparently mate.
avatar
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20991
Age : 39
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:32 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:OK, at least a signing and he's a rather proven goal scorer which is what we need.

What was the fee then? Undisclosed?

£6 million apparently mate.
Cheers.  

I hope he will be a good addition to the squad and will get us some goals.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65938
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Statman on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:52 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:OK, the price and age combination isn't ideal, but we absolutely need someone who can put compete with or compliment Jelavic and we would be doing well to get someone aged 23-ish to fulfill that role. I'm happy with this signing - he has looked good in a poor team, and he knows where the goal is. Jelavic now needs to pull his socks up and now he has some serious competition then perhaps we'll see him get back to being a decent forward again. If not, then we have a competent goalscorer in Kone, so it is win-win for me.

I would be concerned if this became the standard template for future transfers. I doubt it will be but, for the situation we are in, this is necessary.

This time last year we believed this about Jelavic. Time will tell but I wish him luck.
avatar
Statman

Number of posts : 7015
Age : 54
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 4:40 pm

Statman wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:OK, the price and age combination isn't ideal, but we absolutely need someone who can put compete with or compliment Jelavic and we would be doing well to get someone aged 23-ish to fulfill that role. I'm happy with this signing - he has looked good in a poor team, and he knows where the goal is. Jelavic now needs to pull his socks up and now he has some serious competition then perhaps we'll see him get back to being a decent forward again. If not, then we have a competent goalscorer in Kone, so it is win-win for me.

I would be concerned if this became the standard template for future transfers. I doubt it will be but, for the situation we are in, this is necessary.

This time last year we believed this about Jelavic. Time will tell but I wish him luck.

That's my only worry. A proven goalscorer can become a former goalscorer very quickly.
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23604
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 12 Jul 2013, 5:50 pm

 
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33236
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Super on Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:58 am

Going to be given the number 9 shirt according to a few tweets I've seen this morning.
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 36033
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Sack the Juggler on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 9:33 am

Am I wrong to be overly concerned that all reports said he looked sluggish against Real Madrid? Frackin Wigan players Mad 
avatar
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25518
Age : 54
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Synth_fg® on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 10:20 am

Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:Am I wrong to be overly concerned that all reports said he looked sluggish against Real Madrid?  Frackin Wigan players Mad 
Supposedly been fasting for Ramadan,
Perhaps if he eats and drinks before a match he will be more lively
avatar
Synth_fg®

Number of posts : 3579
Age : 41
Location : Aberdeen
Registration date : 2005-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Sack the Juggler on Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:51 am

its ok lads, Kone is still recovering from Ramadan... which finished about two weeks ago... and he'll take a few more weeks to get back to full fitness... good job Ramadan isn't every year... What??!! it is every year!!! affraid 


http://myevertonnews.com/martinez-kone-a-few-weeks-away-from-peak-fitness/
avatar
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25518
Age : 54
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Dixie Land on Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:53 am

Glad to see we aren't jumping to conclusions after one full game... oh, we are?

Hang him. cheers 
avatar
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20991
Age : 39
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Sack the Juggler on Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:58 am

Dixie Land wrote:Glad to see we aren't jumping to conclusions after one full game... oh, we are?

Hang him. cheers 
I was only joking mate - Ramadan didn't finish two weeks ago... it finished three weeks ago - Burn him!!!
avatar
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25518
Age : 54
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 29 Aug 2013, 1:40 pm

Dixie Land wrote:Glad to see we aren't jumping to conclusions after one full game... oh, we are?

Hang him. cheers 
lol! lol! lol! 
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65938
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Gazbow on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:31 pm

I dont think i've seen a more dogshit performance from a striker in recent years, especially against a league one team.

I must admit i didnt see much of him for Wigan, maybe a few of his goals, they all seemed to be him running onto a ball in a lot of space.

With a centreback stuck up his arse he didnt have a clue, ball was going all over the place.
avatar
Gazbow

Number of posts : 18425
Age : 36
Location : Cardiff
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:41 pm

Another striker who can't score is the last thing we needed!!
avatar
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3903
Age : 161
Location : Aldershot
Registration date : 2008-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum