Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Blue gazza on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 12:27 am

When Lukaku wants an egg, he cracks open a chicken

Lukaku once mounted John Terry and rode him around Stamford Bridge till he pissed himself

Lukaku doesn't need a cheese grater to grate cheese, he uses his hands

boss signing,, keep him away from penalties tho Very Happy
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6697
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  anticipate_the_pass on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 1:15 am

He knows where the goal is cheers I love you afro 
anticipate_the_pass

Number of posts : 1014
Registration date : 2006-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 2:28 am

anticipate_the_pass wrote:He knows where the goal is cheers I love you afro 
And he's powerful. Love it. Also love the fact that he takes on the defenders. None of this "back-to-the-goal" crap, take on the defense with pace! cheers cheers 
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65517

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner on Wed 04 Sep 2013, 11:26 am

http://www.followtonians.com/?p=8717

"Romelu Lukaku beleives he has made the right decision to join the Blues.

The Chelsea youngster who is on season’s loan, revealed exactly how the move came about and put to bed any suggestion that West Brom was his preferred destination.

He told the Belgian press: “I’m really happy with this transfer. I don’t know who has told the press I was unhappy with this loan.”

“It was a crazy evening. Different clubs called me and I had to take the right decision.”

“Roberto Martinez called me for 30 minutes and explained me what he expects from me.”

“I decided that Everton was the best choice. A more prominent club than West Brom where I had a good time.”

Also (Jose) Mourinho talked to me, but what he told me is confidential.”

Everton are believed to have beaten West Brom and Malaga for the signature."
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2006-01-27

View user profile http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Wed 04 Sep 2013, 11:37 am

Love this from Mirallas!

The Blues forward explained: "I was with Romelu in his room at the team hotel on Monday night, and I only left when I was sure he was joining us.

"I was surprised to learn we were in for him, because there had been no inkling, but once I got word, I really went to work!'

Really highlights the importance of player power in the modern game! Maybe if we should sign some Argentinian International so they can have a word with Messi!

Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Wed 04 Sep 2013, 11:46 am

Cahill the Great wrote:Love this from Mirallas!

The Blues forward explained: "I was with Romelu in his room at the team hotel on Monday night, and I only left when I was sure he was joining us.

"I was surprised to learn we were in for him, because there had been no inkling, but once I got word, I really went to work!'

Really highlights the importance of player power in the modern game!   Maybe if we should sign some Argentinian International so they can have a word with Messi!

Do you imagine Messi is in regular contact with the Stracq?

Nope, me either.

Number of posts : 13037
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 04 Sep 2013, 12:50 pm

Really highlights the importance of player power in the modern game!   Maybe if we should sign some Argentinian International so they can have a word with Messi!

Great stuff Super Kev .... maybe he can get him to sign a permanent deal Very Happy 
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33006

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 04 Sep 2013, 12:51 pm

oh... and king 
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33006

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 04 Sep 2013, 1:02 pm

I'm looking forward to the first corner we get.
Frightening sight.
Lukaku and Dizzie. Effing freight train. The defence won't be holding on like they did to Felli
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5755
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 04 Sep 2013, 5:54 pm

That is very very cool! Job well done!
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65517

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:29 pm

Big Looku, gets the 17 shirt.
I guess that nobody likes 12 or 13?
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:59 pm

I was told today that Lukaku was brought in by Kenwright not Martinez. My 'source' seemed confident in what he was saying but who knows?
Statman

Number of posts : 6940
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 4:22 pm

Statman wrote:I was told today that Lukaku was brought in by Kenwright not Martinez. My 'source' seemed confident in what he was saying but who knows?

I am sure Martinez would have spoken to Kenwright about possible targets. Martinez was in London on transfer day at a work permit hearing for the Brazilian midfielder guy Fernando?
sefton

Number of posts : 9240
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 4:28 pm

sefton wrote:
Statman wrote:I was told today that Lukaku was brought in by Kenwright not Martinez. My 'source' seemed confident in what he was saying but who knows?
I am sure Martinez would have spoken to Kenwright about possible targets. Martinez was in London on transfer day at a work permit hearing for the Brazilian midfielder guy Fernando?

Dont think that one was ever true. Smokescreen for McCarthey.

Martinez - 'Lukaku only back up to Kone' affraid 
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 6:00 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:
Dont think that one was ever true.   Smokescreen for McCarthey.

Possibly some truth in what I was told then. Bill, like most Blues, likes a proper brick shithouse of a centre forward. Lukaku might not fit easily into Martinez's way of thinking.
Statman

Number of posts : 6940
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 6:11 pm

Statman wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:

Possibly some truth in what I was told then. Bill, like most Blues, likes a proper brick shithouse of a centre forward. Lukaku might not fit easily into Martinez's way of thinking.
I presume agents etc go to BK offering players and he asks Martinez if he fancies them. Same way Martinez talks about targets with BK and he sorts it.

Im just guessing, but I would love someone to do a tv programme following a transfer from start to finish, but I bet there are bits that stay behind closed doors.

Number of posts : 27998
Registration date : 2005-10-13

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:20 am

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
Statman wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:

I presume agents etc go to BK offering players and he asks Martinez if he fancies them. Same way Martinez talks about targets with BK and he sorts it.

Im just guessing, but I would love someone to do a tv programme following a transfer from start to finish
, but I bet there are bits that stay behind closed doors.
Yep MC, we will only get to see what they want us to see,I read some where ? the last transfer window reached records high with agents fees over 6 million.cheers 
sefton

Number of posts : 9240
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 7:10 pm

sefton wrote:
Statman wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:

Im just guessing, but I would love someone to do a tv programme following a transfer from start to finish
Yep MC, we will only get to see what they want us to see,I read some where ? the last transfer window reached records high with agents fees over 6 million.cheers 
I saw a few weeks ago that Chelsea have 23 players out on loan!
It's been covered before, but you can manipulate the EPL any way you want in these conditions.
Say Chelsea have a load of top players and then loan them out to the teams just below the regular Sky 6, like they've done with Lukaku. Teams like Everton can then have a realistic chance of winning a few games against Chelsea's rivals, without that player ever playing against themselves.
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 7:48 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
sefton wrote:
Statman wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:

It's been covered before, but you can manipulate the EPL any way you want in these conditions.
Say Chelsea have a load of top players and then loan them out to the teams just below the regular Sky 6, like they've done with Lukaku.  Teams like Everton can then have a realistic chance of winning a few games against Chelsea's rivals, without that player ever playing against themselves.
Exactly. It needs to be looked at. I don't know whether clubs like Chelsea are deliberately doing it but, as you say, it can have the effect of an unfair advantage.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23476

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  KoelJagz on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:34 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
sefton wrote:
Statman wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:

Say Chelsea have a load of top players and then loan them out to the teams just below the regular Sky 6, like they've done with Lukaku.  Teams like Everton can then have a realistic chance of winning a few games against Chelsea's rivals, without that player ever playing against themselves.
Exactly.  It needs to be looked at.  I don't know whether clubs like Chelsea are deliberately doing it but, as you say, it can have the effect of an unfair advantage.
True. Lukaku is probably more valuable to Chelsea at Everton rather then at Chelsea. A simple rule could be a ban on loaning players to between clubs in the same division. Or ban the agreement that prevent players playing against their parent club.

Number of posts : 26801
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  El Pablo on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 9:11 pm

Bluejagz wrote:Or ban the agreement that prevent players playing against their parent club.
Didn't we cause this? I have a recollection of not playing someone against Man Utd. A "gentleman's agreement", not contractual so no action could be taken. I don't know if that was common or not.
El Pablo

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 9:27 pm

El Pablo wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:Or ban the agreement that prevent players playing against their parent club.
Didn't we cause this? I have a recollection of not playing someone against Man Utd. A "gentleman's agreement", not contractual so no action could be taken. I don't know if that was common or not.
Tim Howard.
After we bought him, DM rested him in the next Man Yoo game. Gentleman's agreement?
SAF and DM denied it, as they would have fallen foul of FA rules, so there was a hasty respeak.
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:07 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
El Pablo wrote:
Tim Howard.
After we bought him, DM rested him in the next Man Yoo game.  Gentleman's agreement?
SAF and DM denied it, as they would have fallen foul of FA rules, so there was a hasty respeak.
In April 2007, Everton faced Manchester United at Goodison Park. Howard did not participate in the game, and there was some speculation that this came from a clause in his loan contract, even though a permanent deal had since been agreed. The Football Association investigated the allegation but found that neither Manchester United nor Everton had broken any rules regarding Howard's transfer and that both clubs had confirmed that Everton had been free to play Howard against Manchester United if they had wished to do so.
Super

Number of posts : 35907
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:35 am

Super wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
El Pablo wrote:
Tim Howard.
After we bought him, DM rested him in the next Man Yoo game.  Gentleman's agreement?
In April 2007, Everton faced Manchester United at Goodison Park. Howard did not participate in the game, and there was some speculation that this came from a clause in his loan contract, even though a permanent deal had since been agreed. The Football Association investigated the allegation but found that neither Manchester United nor Everton had broken any rules regarding Howard's transfer and that both clubs had confirmed that Everton had been free to play Howard against Manchester United if they had wished to do so.
That was this game...

Number of posts : 27998
Registration date : 2005-10-13

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 1:38 pm

Manny I love you 
Armchair

Number of posts : 18313
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top