16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Bryan on Sun 04 Jan 2015, 11:04 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:He's very good. I do think if he was English he would have partnered Gerrard in midfield at last year's world cup.


He fucks the Shite off didn't he? confused

Bryan

Number of posts : 14335
Age : 39
Location : Kirkby,Liverpool.
Registration date : 2006-01-30

View user profile http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  sefton on Thu 05 Feb 2015, 9:14 am

Out of the Derby with occurring niggle in knee. won't be fit for another two weeks ffs.
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9159
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 05 Feb 2015, 9:34 am

Sefton wrote:Out of the Derby with occurring niggle in knee. won't be fit for another two weeks ffs.

not according to Bobby Phenominal:

Everton boss Roberto Martinez has arrived to face the media and begins by revealing midfielder James McCarthy will be available to face Liverpool in the big Merseyside derby on Saturday.
"We expect him to be fully fit now for the rest of the season," says the manager.
avatar
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23368
Age : 111
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  sefton on Thu 05 Feb 2015, 11:25 am

hairberto cataract wrote:
Sefton wrote:Out of the Derby with occurring niggle in knee. won't be fit for another two weeks ffs.

not according to Bobby Phenominal:

Everton boss Roberto Martinez has arrived to face the media and begins by revealing midfielder James McCarthy will be available to face Liverpool in the big Merseyside derby on Saturday.
"We expect him to be fully fit now for the rest of the season," says the manager.

Apparently McCarthy went for a scan on his knee yesterday and some Jouno's spreading word that he's not fit, Got to be red-shyte propaganda.
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9159
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 05 Feb 2015, 11:58 am

Sefton wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:
Sefton wrote:Out of the Derby with occurring niggle in knee. won't be fit for another two weeks ffs.

not according to Bobby Phenominal:

Everton boss Roberto Martinez has arrived to face the media and begins by revealing midfielder James McCarthy will be available to face Liverpool in the big Merseyside derby on Saturday.
"We expect him to be fully fit now for the rest of the season," says the manager.

Apparently McCarthy went for a scan on his knee yesterday and some Jouno's spreading word that he's not fit, Got to be red-shyte propaganda.
Mind games between Bobby outstanding & Brenda amazing ??
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 32769
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Super on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 8:34 am

Everton face losing influential midfielder James McCarthy this summer after failing to fulfil promises over an improved contract. The Republic of Ireland international signed from Wigan for £13m in 2013 and it is understood assurances were made that his terms would rise according to performances. McCarthy has gone on to become an integral part of Roberto Martinez's side and statistically, in terms of pass completion and tackles made, has been one of their best players over the past two seasons. Indeed, he was sorely missed during a 13-game absence with a hamstring injury in the middle of the season.

Everton have improved contracts for some of their big-name players since and opened negotiations with others. Manager Martinez also agreed a new deal last summer. Yet the prospect of losing McCarthy will be hard to take for fans amid concerns that divisions are appearing in the Everton squad. Veteran defender Sylvain Distin has left after falling out with Martinez while Kevin Mirallas cited 'broken promises' last week for his dissatisfaction with life at Goodison. Young left back Luke Garbutt is also deliberating over a new contract although he is keen to play more regularly.

In light of other negotiations, McCarthy's issue is understood to be more a point of principle than about finance but Everton have yet to appease the situation. McCarthy had interest from Arsenal and Tottenham in January and the 24-year-old won't be short of admirers. However, Everton would still point to the fact he has three years left on his contract should enquiries follow suit and that will be reflected in any selling price.
avatar
Super

Number of posts : 35802
Age : 39
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:02 am

Super wrote:
Everton face losing influential midfielder James McCarthy this summer after failing to fulfil promises over an improved contract.  The Republic of Ireland international signed from Wigan for £13m in 2013 and it is understood assurances were made that his terms would rise according to performances.  McCarthy has gone on to become an integral part of Roberto Martinez's side and statistically, in terms of pass completion and tackles made, has been one of their best players over the past two seasons.  Indeed, he was sorely missed during a 13-game absence with a hamstring injury in the middle of the season.

Everton have improved contracts for some of their big-name players since and opened negotiations with others. Manager Martinez also agreed a new deal last summer.  Yet the prospect of losing McCarthy will be hard to take for fans amid concerns that divisions are appearing in the Everton squad.  Veteran defender Sylvain Distin has left after falling out with Martinez while Kevin Mirallas cited 'broken promises' last week for his dissatisfaction with life at Goodison.  Young left back Luke Garbutt is also deliberating over a new contract although he is keen to play more regularly.

In light of other negotiations, McCarthy's issue is understood to be more a point of principle than about finance but Everton have yet to appease the situation.  McCarthy had interest from Arsenal and Tottenham in January and the 24-year-old won't be short of admirers.  However, Everton would still point to the fact he has three years left on his contract should enquiries follow suit and that will be reflected in any selling price.

He'll be replaced by Tom Cleverley. Sigh.

https://twitter.com/DuckerTheTimes/status/606221597658218496

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
avatar
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 12962
Age : 39
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  sefton on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:03 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Super wrote:
Everton face losing influential midfielder James McCarthy this summer after failing to fulfil promises over an improved contract.  The Republic of Ireland international signed from Wigan for £13m in 2013 and it is understood assurances were made that his terms would rise according to performances.  McCarthy has gone on to become an integral part of Roberto Martinez's side and statistically, in terms of pass completion and tackles made, has been one of their best players over the past two seasons.  Indeed, he was sorely missed during a 13-game absence with a hamstring injury in the middle of the season.

Everton have improved contracts for some of their big-name players since and opened negotiations with others. Manager Martinez also agreed a new deal last summer.  Yet the prospect of losing McCarthy will be hard to take for fans amid concerns that divisions are appearing in the Everton squad.  Veteran defender Sylvain Distin has left after falling out with Martinez while Kevin Mirallas cited 'broken promises' last week for his dissatisfaction with life at Goodison.  Young left back Luke Garbutt is also deliberating over a new contract although he is keen to play more regularly.

In light of other negotiations, McCarthy's issue is understood to be more a point of principle than about finance but Everton have yet to appease the situation.  McCarthy had interest from Arsenal and Tottenham in January and the 24-year-old won't be short of admirers.  However, Everton would still point to the fact he has three years left on his contract should enquiries follow suit and that will be reflected in any selling price.

He'll be replaced by Tom Cleverley. Sigh.

https://twitter.com/DuckerTheTimes/status/606221597658218496


Mirralas will be replaced by wolves free agent Sako. affraid
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9159
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Blue gazza on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 12:04 pm

It annoys me as much as anyone, but, what is the point of having players who are not 100% in it for us.
avatar
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6626
Age : 56
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Gravy & Chips on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 12:07 pm

To be fair to him, if it's true and if you were promised something wage related at work but then the company reneged on the promise. I would think about plying my trade elsewhere too.
avatar
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13014
Age : 44
Location : Walton (not the nick)
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 12:27 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:To be fair to him, if it's true and if you were promised something wage related at work but then the company reneged on the promise.  I would think about plying my trade elsewhere too.
the 3rd player to cite broken promises isn't he ?.. with Luka & Big Balls....

Martinez has to go
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 32769
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Blue gazza on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 2:37 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:To be fair to him, if it's true and if you were promised something wage related at work but then the company reneged on the promise.  I would think about plying my trade elsewhere too.
the 3rd player to cite broken promises isn't he ?.. with Luka & Big Balls....

Martinez has to go

4th person if you count RM when he signed for us Very Happy Very Happy
avatar
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6626
Age : 56
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 09 Jun 2015, 3:08 pm

Great man management from our very own Spanish waiter... Mad


James McCarthy has told Everton he is looking to leave the club this summer, Goal has learned.

The midfielder started 27 games in the Premier League last season after impressing in his debut campaign at Goodison Park having joined the club on transfer deadline day in September 2013.

But McCarthy has seen a number of his team-mates - and even manager Roberto Martinez - handed new contracts without receiving an offer of his own.

McCarthy has also seen Tom Cleverley become one of the highest paid players at the club after his transfer from Manchester United, offering the Republic of Ireland international direct competition for his place.

McCarthy, meanwhile, remains one of the lowest paid players in Everton's first-team.

A source confirmed to Goal: "This is not about money, in no way shape or form.

"It is about respect, and there is little doubting that James and his representatives feel that that Everton have shown him very little in the past 12 months. It is now a matter of principle."

McCarthy has long been admired by a host of clubs, with Tottenham and Manchester City keeping close tabs on the midfielder.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/06/09/12539062/mccarthy-ready-to-leave-everton
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 32769
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  sefton on Tue 09 Jun 2015, 3:49 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Great man management from our very own Spanish waiter... Mad


James McCarthy has told Everton he is looking to leave the club this summer, Goal has learned.

The midfielder started 27 games in the Premier League last season after impressing in his debut campaign at Goodison Park having joined the club on transfer deadline day in September 2013.

But McCarthy has seen a number of his team-mates - and even manager Roberto Martinez - handed new contracts without receiving an offer of his own.

McCarthy has also seen Tom Cleverley become one of the highest paid players at the club after his transfer from Manchester United, offering the Republic of Ireland international direct competition for his place.

McCarthy, meanwhile, remains one of the lowest paid players in Everton's first-team.

A source confirmed to Goal: "This is not about money, in no way shape or form.

"It is about respect, and there is little doubting that James and his representatives feel that that Everton have shown him very little in the past 12 months. It is now a matter of principle."

McCarthy has long been admired by a host of clubs, with Tottenham and Manchester City keeping close tabs on the midfielder.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/06/09/12539062/mccarthy-ready-to-leave-everton

Sounds like Martinez wants to sell and bring in a to-bit ex-Wigan player on a free.
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9159
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Tue 09 Jun 2015, 4:10 pm

sefton wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Great man management from our very own Spanish waiter... Mad


James McCarthy has told Everton he is looking to leave the club this summer, Goal has learned.

The midfielder started 27 games in the Premier League last season after impressing in his debut campaign at Goodison Park having joined the club on transfer deadline day in September 2013.

But McCarthy has seen a number of his team-mates - and even manager Roberto Martinez - handed new contracts without receiving an offer of his own.

McCarthy has also seen Tom Cleverley become one of the highest paid players at the club after his transfer from Manchester United, offering the Republic of Ireland international direct competition for his place.

McCarthy, meanwhile, remains one of the lowest paid players in Everton's first-team.

A source confirmed to Goal: "This is not about money, in no way shape or form.

"It is about respect, and there is little doubting that James and his representatives feel that that Everton have shown him very little in the past 12 months. It is now a matter of principle."

McCarthy has long been admired by a host of clubs, with Tottenham and Manchester City keeping close tabs on the midfielder.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/06/09/12539062/mccarthy-ready-to-leave-everton

Sounds like Martinez wants to sell and bring in a to-bit ex-Wigan player on a free.

Sounds like goal.com to me.
avatar
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3186
Age : 40
Location : Lima, Peru
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 09 Jun 2015, 4:37 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
sefton wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Great man management from our very own Spanish waiter... Mad


James McCarthy has told Everton he is looking to leave the club this summer, Goal has learned.

The midfielder started 27 games in the Premier League last season after impressing in his debut campaign at Goodison Park having joined the club on transfer deadline day in September 2013.

But McCarthy has seen a number of his team-mates - and even manager Roberto Martinez - handed new contracts without receiving an offer of his own.

McCarthy has also seen Tom Cleverley become one of the highest paid players at the club after his transfer from Manchester United, offering the Republic of Ireland international direct competition for his place.

McCarthy, meanwhile, remains one of the lowest paid players in Everton's first-team.

A source confirmed to Goal: "This is not about money, in no way shape or form.

"It is about respect, and there is little doubting that James and his representatives feel that that Everton have shown him very little in the past 12 months. It is now a matter of principle."

McCarthy has long been admired by a host of clubs, with Tottenham and Manchester City keeping close tabs on the midfielder.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/06/09/12539062/mccarthy-ready-to-leave-everton

Sounds like Martinez wants to sell and bring in a to-bit ex-Wigan player on a free.

Sounds like goal.com to me.
unfortunately it's in a few today... I just chose goal to C+P from
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 32769
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 16 Jun 2015, 1:01 pm

Told Kenwright he wants to leave.

avatar
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18305
Age : 38
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 16 Jun 2015, 3:55 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:Told Kenwright he wants to leave.

Did Bill tell you that?
avatar
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5688
Age : 64
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 16 Jun 2015, 4:33 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:Told Kenwright he wants to leave.

Did Bill tell you that?

still don't rate McCarthy - he's a busy fucker, but that's about it - how many goals does he score or assists?

Fuck him off if he wants to go, I'm sure Kone could do a job in his position.
avatar
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25285
Age : 53
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 2:52 am

error 404 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:Told Kenwright he wants to leave.

Did Bill tell you that?

still don't rate McCarthy - he's a busy fucker, but that's about it - how many goals does he score or assists?

Fuck him off if he wants to go, I'm sure Kone could do a job in his position.
Too right. He could play in any position on the pitch. Including being the manager.
avatar
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65087
Age : 44
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 11:26 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
error 404 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:Told Kenwright he wants to leave.

Did Bill tell you that?

still don't rate McCarthy - he's a busy fucker, but that's about it - how many goals does he score or assists?

Fuck him off if he wants to go, I'm sure Kone could do a job in his position.
Too right. He could play in any position on the pitch. Including being the manager.
Can't see Kone being a worse boss than Boberto phenominal Waiter
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 32769
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Gravy & Chips on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 12:20 pm

Why is there nothing in the press then, if it's on the open forums that he has asked to leave???

Maybe because it's fucking bullshit?
avatar
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13014
Age : 44
Location : Walton (not the nick)
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  sefton on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 12:45 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:Why is there nothing in the press then, if it's on the open forums that he has asked to leave???

Maybe because it's fucking bullshit?

Seems like to many contradictions here ( did he say- didn't he say) earlier reports said McCarthy hadn't asked to leave.
sounds like media bull-shit trying to unsettle are season plans.
avatar
sefton

Number of posts : 9159
Age : 54
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Cahill the Great on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 12:47 pm

error 404 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:Told Kenwright he wants to leave.

Did Bill tell you that?

still don't rate McCarthy - he's a busy fucker, but that's about it - how many goals does he score or assists?
Fuck him off if he wants to go, I'm sure Kone could do a job in his position.


+1.   He's a good player but nothing more than that.  Has got a good engine and can tackle but there isnt much else.

For a silly offer he could leave and I wouldnt lose any sleep over it.
avatar
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Age : 39
Location : London
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 12:57 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
error 404 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:Told Kenwright he wants to leave.

Did Bill tell you that?

still don't rate McCarthy - he's a busy fucker, but that's about it - how many goals does he score or assists?
Fuck him off if he wants to go, I'm sure Kone could do a job in his position.


+1.   He's a good player but nothing more than that.  Has got a good engine and can tackle but there isnt much else.

For a silly offer he could leave and I wouldnt lose any sleep over it.
largely agree... my greatest fear is the twat of a manager will probably fill the gap with Besic... who is utter shite of League 2 standard (at best)
avatar
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 32769
Age : 58
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum