16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Statman on Fri 17 Jul 2015, 12:28 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
Blue gazza wrote:spuds sniffing around mCarthy, but are they as deluded as they make out

Tottenham value Lennon at £9m, even though he has one year left on contract, and will offer the 28-year-old winger plus around £12m for McCarthy. Everton will probably rebuff such a bid and the saga could drag on.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3163876/Tottenham-determined-sign-Everton-s-James-McCarthy-willing-offer-Aaron-Lennon-plus-cash-land-man.html#ixzz3g6LkxNrH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Spurs wont pay the £25m-30m that i would take for us to even consider selling McCarthey so its a complete non-starter

Agreed. Martinez really, really rates him. He's ex-Wigan remember.
Statman

Number of posts : 6945
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Fri 17 Jul 2015, 1:57 pm

delph to city back on, so maybe that will quell the McCarthy rumours to them , for now
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6700
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Fri 17 Jul 2015, 2:17 pm

Blue gazza wrote:delph to city back on, so maybe that will quell the McCarthy rumours to them , for now

I don't see how Delph of Macca are good enough for City but I suppose they need them in their squads to fulfill their 'homegrown' () quota.
Armchair

Number of posts : 18333
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper on Fri 17 Jul 2015, 5:07 pm

Armchair wrote:
Blue gazza wrote:delph to city back on, so maybe that will quell the McCarthy rumours to them , for now

I don't see how Delph of Macca are good enough for City but I suppose they need them in their squads to fulfill their 'homegrown' () quota.

Do McCarty count as homegrown?
Lumper

Number of posts : 5831
Registration date : 2007-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Fri 17 Jul 2015, 5:15 pm

Lumper wrote:
Armchair wrote:

He's fucking Scottish!
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18309
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Fri 17 Jul 2015, 7:25 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Armchair wrote:

He's fucking Scottish!
Delph goes to Citteh for £8M. I think Delph is a better players than Macca, so Macca to Spurs, Delph to us and have £10M to spend would have made decent sense. Sack Bill! (and Robby of the Rovers)
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5767
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper on Sat 18 Jul 2015, 9:35 am

Mr_Ben wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Armchair wrote:

He's fucking Scottish!

He's as Scotish as Aiden McGeady Very Happy

Its a genuine question. If he qualifies under the new rules i.e. Played for an English club before a certain age, his value is a lot more.
Lumper

Number of posts : 5831
Registration date : 2007-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 6:38 am

Everton midfielder James McCarthy, 24, is disillusioned at the Goodison Park club and will open talks with Tottenham about a move to White Hart Lane. (Daily Mirror)
The President

Number of posts : 11301
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 7:46 am

The President wrote:Everton midfielder James McCarthy, 24, is disillusioned at the Goodison Park club and will open talks with Tottenham about a move to White Hart Lane. (Daily Mirror)

No he won't! He's under contract!
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 7:56 am

Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:
The President wrote:Everton midfielder James McCarthy, 24, is disillusioned at the Goodison Park club and will open talks with Tottenham about a move to White Hart Lane. (Daily Mirror)

Daily Mirror selling all our players again. They do this every year.

Number of posts : 13044
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 8:07 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

he's not even an Everton player according to the star, they refer to him as a 'man united target'

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/456415/Tottenham-set-to-open-talks-this-week-over-deal-for-disillusioned-Man-United-target Rolling Eyes
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25390
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 8:11 am

error 404 wrote:

he's not even an Everton player according to the star, they refer to him as a 'man united target'

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/456415/Tottenham-set-to-open-talks-this-week-over-deal-for-disillusioned-Man-United-target Rolling Eyes

Love it when one paper quotes another! They really don't like the fact that we have good players do they!?!
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 9:26 am

error 404 wrote:

Love it when one paper quotes another! They really don't like the fact that we have good players do they!?!

I am pretty sure this is agent based agitation. More often than not its the agent driving and leaking the story. The behaviour of the player and his agent is possibly the real cancer in the game.

The PFA is supposed to stand for professionalism. A core tenet of that term (beyond the normal expectation of qualifications to prove competence) is that contracts are respected. I actually think that each player should have to declare with whom he has an agency relationship and company they work for represent. From that register it would not be too hard to see the same few names appearing around the myriad of "agitated and unsettled" footballers.

There is probably a lot we could do to even the field - yet still allow some for some haves and have nots.

I would cap the number of players in a squad to 26. Of which 3 need to be Goal keepers. Anyone above that has to find another club.

Salary cap? Not sure that they work - it would encourage more avoidance behaviour I fear and to limit total overall income from all sources is not permissable in law.

Beyond the current TV revenue sharing model, I would happily follow the U.S. Sports model of free agency. You are contracted or you can be waived. I would place a requirement on the clubs to indicate by the end of April whether or not a player was being cut. That gives everyone full visibility and is fair to the player to allow him to find another club for the following season.

Those players who are nearing end of contract will have a period between December and April to come to a deal or else voluntarily enter the free agency "draft". In the June after the season has ended, all players who have not been signed up can be joined by up and coming youngsters and the clubs can then take turns to select using the rotation of ?..

Playoff Winner
championship Runner Up
championship winner
17th
16th
15th etc....

Until all available squad slots have been filled. If a club really wants a player they can make transfers as now but bring someone in then you have to drop someone from the squad to accommodate.

What if a club wants a player and wants the certainty of getting him in the draft? Well they can trade with the weaker club for their picking order and either financially compensate the club else agree to transfer a squad slot. E.g. The team picking 3rd, (last years Championship winners) are slated to be able to pick say... Robin van Persie (he having been told by Utd he was to be cut)... Let's say Stoke were keen on getting him on their books, so Stoke could say let us swap for the 3rd pick, and we will give you a squad head. Stoke would then only field 25 players and the Championship winners would have 27 for the season.

If like Everton currently, you were happy with the squad you would ensure that all were protected under contract and exercised no waivers. If that meant we had 25 players on the books we would pass in the draft. The key is that the club has to make that assessment well before full knowledge of who is likely to be available. It's not right for a club to want to be left alone and yet still have the right to go for others which if you are in squad capping scenario would be incredibly upsetting in terms of cohesiveness and morale as if one head comes in one has to go out!

Ok, break over back to my IT forensic audit!
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8425

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 10:41 am

Da Judge wrote:
error 404 wrote:

I am pretty sure this is agent based agitation. More often than not its the agent driving and leaking the story. The behaviour of the player and his agent is possibly the real cancer in the game.

The PFA is supposed to stand for professionalism. A core tenet of that term (beyond the normal expectation of qualifications to prove competence) is that contracts are respected. I actually think that each player should have to declare with whom he has an agency  relationship and company they work for represent. From that register it would not be too hard to see the same few names appearing around the myriad of "agitated and unsettled" footballers.

There is probably a lot we could do to even the field - yet still allow some for some haves and have nots.

I would cap the number of players in a squad to 26. Of which 3 need to be Goal keepers. Anyone above that has to find another club.

Salary cap? Not sure that they work - it would encourage more avoidance behaviour I fear and to limit total overall income from all sources is not permissable in law.

Beyond the current TV revenue sharing model, I would happily follow the U.S. Sports model of free agency. You are contracted or you can be waived. I would place a requirement on the clubs to indicate by the end of April whether or not a player was being cut. That gives everyone full visibility and is fair to the player to allow him to find another club for the following season.

Those players who are nearing end of contract will have a period between December and April to come to a deal or else voluntarily enter the free agency "draft". In the June after the season has ended, all players who have not been signed up can be joined by up and coming youngsters and the clubs can then take turns to select using the rotation of ?..

Playoff Winner
championship Runner Up
championship winner
17th
16th
15th etc....

Until all available squad slots have been filled. If a club really wants a player they can make transfers as now but bring someone in then you have to drop someone from the squad  to accommodate.

What if a club wants a player and wants the certainty of getting him in the draft? Well they can trade with the weaker club for their picking order and either financially compensate the club else agree to transfer a squad slot. E.g. The team picking 3rd, (last years Championship winners) are slated to be able to pick say... Robin van Persie (he having been told by Utd he was to be cut)... Let's say Stoke were keen on getting him on their books, so Stoke could say let us swap for the 3rd pick, and we will give you a squad head. Stoke would then only field 25 players and the Championship winners would have 27 for the season.

If like Everton currently, you were happy with the squad you would ensure that all were protected under contract and exercised no waivers. If that meant we had 25 players on the books we would pass in the draft. The key is that the club has to make that assessment well before full knowledge of who is likely to be available. It's not right for a club to want to be left alone and yet still have the right to go for others which if you are in squad capping scenario would be incredibly upsetting in terms of cohesiveness and morale as if one head comes in one has to go out!

As I said in an earlier post ? Its ridiculous that the media have a different player from Everton up for sale ''EACH DAY'' whilst the player is still under contract,
If ever there was a time for the Football Association to clamp down on agents its now,
something was discussed earlier in the year when FA chief Mr Dyke said he was proposing a ruling were Agents had to sign a document to be part of an organised group headed by the FA, so as to stop all this kind of shenanigan's.

As for are current squad we have 24 members compared to Chelsea who have 31.
sefton

Number of posts : 9248
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Thu 12 Nov 2015, 10:17 am

Happy birthday James, hope you have a good one!
Super

Number of posts : 35919
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 20 Dec 2015, 6:05 pm

I expect recent results could have been very different if Macca wasn't injured.

Please someone say he's close to being back
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33006

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  KoelJagz on Mon 22 Aug 2016, 9:53 pm

Even before I noticed this article, was just thinking about McCarthy's future after the way he has been used by Koeman in the first few games. It really doesnt look like Koeman rates him especially after impressive start by Gueye and Barry in the middle of midfield to the season. Would probably like to see a replacement come in first as Barry isnt going to last forever and Gueye is still unproven but might be best, especially if Koeman going to play him out of position.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3753027/James-McCarthy-brink-Everton-exit-Ronald-Koeman-prefers-Gareth-Barry-Idrissa-Gana-Gueye-partnership-midfield.html

Number of posts : 26805
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 12:54 pm

KoelJagz wrote:Even before I noticed this article, was just thinking about McCarthy's future after the way he has been used by Koeman in the first few games. It really doesnt look like Koeman rates him especially after impressive start by Gueye and Barry in the middle of midfield to the season. Would probably like to see a replacement come in first as Barry isnt going to last forever and Gueye is still unproven but might be best, especially if Koeman going to play him out of position.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3753027/James-McCarthy-brink-Everton-exit-Ronald-Koeman-prefers-Gareth-Barry-Idrissa-Gana-Gueye-partnership-midfield.html

I think if we could recap the full £12m we paid for him plus a little bit more I would take it. I don't think he's anything more than slightly above average Premier League player and wont get any better.

Maybe Moyes will take him for £20m or a straight swap for Kone? Could be a good deal for both clubs
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 12:56 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
KoelJagz wrote:Even before I noticed this article, was just thinking about McCarthy's future after the way he has been used by Koeman in the first few games. It really doesnt look like Koeman rates him especially after impressive start by Gueye and Barry in the middle of midfield to the season. Would probably like to see a replacement come in first as Barry isnt going to last forever and Gueye is still unproven but might be best, especially if Koeman going to play him out of position.

I think if we could recap the full £12m we paid for him plus a little bit more I would take it.   I don't think he's anything more than slightly above average Premier League player and wont get any better.

Maybe Moyes will take him for £20m or a straight swap for Kone?  Could be a good deal for both clubs
There seems to be fitness issues with Macca. For maybe 18 months he seems to be struggling with some leg muscle issues?
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5767
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 1:16 pm

Da Judge wrote:
error 404 wrote:

The PFA is supposed to stand for professionalism. A core tenet of that term (beyond the normal expectation of qualifications to prove competence) is that contracts are respected. I actually think that each player should have to declare with whom he has an agency  relationship and company they work for represent. From that register it would not be too hard to see the same few names appearing around the myriad of "agitated and unsettled" footballers.

Playoff Winner
championship Runner Up
championship winner
17th
16th
15th etc....

Until all available squad slots have been filled. If a club really wants a player they can make transfers as now but bring someone in then you have to drop someone from the squad  to accommodate.

Just read this. Interesting but if we ever start using tbe word draft then I'm done.
Statman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Fri 26 Aug 2016, 10:22 am

Apparently is on his way to Celtic
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3883
Registration date : 2008-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Fri 26 Aug 2016, 11:48 am

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:Apparently is on his way to Celtic

They want a loan deal which I cant see us agreeing to. Why would we? Just running down his contract by another year and reducing his value in a year's time. Unless Celtic can stump up £15m this move wont happen.
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Fri 26 Aug 2016, 1:23 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:

They want a loan deal which I cant see us agreeing to.   Why would we?   Just running down his contract by another year and reducing his value in a year's time.    Unless Celtic can stump up £15m this move wont happen.

I can't see £15m being a problem to 'one of the biggest clubs in the world'.

Number of posts : 13044

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Fri 26 Aug 2016, 1:50 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:

They want a loan deal which I cant see us agreeing to.   Why would we?   Just running down his contract by another year and reducing his value in a year's time.    Unless Celtic can stump up £15m this move wont happen.

And just think about how good he would become under the tutelage of the master.
Statman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 26 Aug 2016, 1:51 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:

with a world class manager on board
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33006

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top