Provided these lot don't break his legs  No 
Armchair

Number of posts : 18372
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Celta Vigo

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 9:35 pm

I can see us getting a hammering off Leicester in the first game of the season but, overall, if we can sort our defence out and get Luka and Mirallas firing again, we've got a decent team.

I really like the look of a team with both Barkley and Besic in it.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23530
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 9:49 pm

How's Kone doing ?
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33047

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 9:56 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:How's Kone doing ?

Fatigued.
Armchair

Number of posts : 18372
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 9:59 pm

Armchair wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:How's Kone doing ?

Fatigued.

Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 65700

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 10:07 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:I can see us getting a hammering off Leicester in the first game of the season but, overall, if we can sort our defence out and get Luka and Mirallas firing again, we've got a decent team.

Having sen the lad play at Ossie's game, he's way too good to leave on the bench.
Maybe he or Macca can push on a bit with a diamond midfield of

Barry
Besic Macca
Barkley

Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5778
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 10:11 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:I can see us getting a hammering off Leicester in the first game of the season but, overall, if we can sort our defence out and get Luka and Mirallas firing again, we've got a decent team.

Having sen the lad play at Ossie's game, he's way too good to leave on the bench.

Barry
Besic   Macca
    Barkley

Not much width in that formation though. That would be my only concern. Could we play with 12 men perhaps?
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 10:14 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Barry
Besic   Macca
    Barkley

Not much width in that formation though. That would be my only concern. Could we play with 12 men perhaps?
2 raiding full backs and Besic doing Ossie's fetch and carry role.
Big Luke and a support striker (Nais unless we get a great loaner) and you could argue te case for that line up. In fact I will. Wink 
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 5778
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 10:52 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Barry
Besic   Macca
    Barkley

Big Luke and a support striker (Nais unless we get a great loaner) and you could argue te case for that line up. In fact I will. Wink 
Well, hell - if you put it like that, you got me on board as well! Whohooooo!!!
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 10:59 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Barry
Besic   Macca
    Barkley

Besic looks like he's got great feet and is comfortable on the left. So:

Howard
Coleman Jags Distin Baines
Barry Macca
Mirallas Besic
Barkley
Lukaku

Coleman and Baines bombing forward, Mirallas tying the opposition in knots, Baines linking with Besic, Barry and Macca underpinning the midfield and covering for Jags and Distin when the full backs go forward, Barkley breaking from midfield and feeding Luka. Everyone in the team is comfortable on the ball but there are some solid defenders there, including Besic who can drop back when we're under the cosh. Barkley and Besic both look very capable of bringing the ball out from a congested midfield, we're going to win the fucking lot.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23530

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 9:15 am

hairberto cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Barry
Besic   Macca
    Barkley

Howard
Coleman  Jags Distin    Baines
       Barry       Macca
      Mirallas        Besic
             Barkley
                 Lukaku

Coleman and Baines bombing forward, Mirallas tying the opposition in knots, Baines linking with Besic, Barry and Macca underpinning the midfield and covering for Jags and Distin when the full backs go forward, Barkley breaking from midfield and feeding Luka.  Everyone in the team is comfortable on the ball but there are some solid defenders there, including Besic who can drop back when we're under the cosh.  Barkley and Besic both look very capable of bringing the ball out from a congested midfield, we're going to win the fucking lot.

Sorry Hairy , we looked shyte for the first 60 minutes last night, defence all over the show, strikers none existing , are fitness is weeks behind other European clubs, Porto & Celta vego played us off the park, Martinez wants another winger when we desperately need a back up keeper for Howard, Robles is shite ,Naismith is are only option up front until both Kone Lukaku match fit, Kone is a liability, with all that, we have a long season ahead in the premiership with cup games and Europa competition to deal with , I'm concerned that we haven't really strengthened Our squad, Bought two youngsters in Galloway & Henen both for the U21's ,signed two loan players from last season Besic being the only first team player added/ bought who didn't play last season. Now call me a negative B*stard but, I'm seriously worried, I really hope I'm wrong.
sefton

Number of posts : 9295
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 9:45 am

sefton wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Barry
Besic   Macca
    Barkley

Howard
       Barry       Macca
      Mirallas        Besic
             Barkley
                 Lukaku

Coleman and Baines bombing forward, Mirallas tying the opposition in knots, Baines linking with Besic, Barry and Macca underpinning the midfield and covering for Jags and Distin when the full backs go forward, Barkley breaking from midfield and feeding Luka.  Everyone in the team is comfortable on the ball but there are some solid defenders there, including Besic who can drop back when we're under the cosh.  Barkley and Besic both look very capable of bringing the ball out from a congested midfield, we're going to win the fucking lot.

Sorry Hairy , we looked shyte for the first 60 minutes last night, defence all over the show, strikers none existing , are fitness is weeks behind other European clubs, Porto & Celta vego  played us off the park, Martinez wants another winger when we desperately need a back up keeper for Howard, Robles is shite ,Naismith is are only option up front until both Kone Lukaku match fit, Kone is a liability, with all that, we have a long season ahead in the premiership with cup games and Europa competition to deal with , I'm concerned that we haven't really strengthened Our squad, Bought two youngsters in Galloway & Henen both for the U21's ,signed two loan players from last season Besic being the only first team player added/ bought who didn't play last season. Now call me a negative B*stard but, I'm seriously worried, I really hope I'm wrong.
Pretty much spot on as I see it..
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 6743

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 9:56 am

sefton wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Barry
Besic   Macca
    Barkley

Howard
       Barry       Macca
      Mirallas        Besic
             Barkley
                 Lukaku

Sorry Hairy , we looked shyte for the first 60 minutes last night, defence all over the show, strikers none existing , are fitness is weeks behind other European clubs, Porto & Celta vego  played us off the park, Martinez wants another winger when we desperately need a back up keeper for Howard, Robles is shite ,Naismith is are only option up front until both Kone Lukaku match fit, Kone is a liability, with all that, we have a long season ahead in the premiership with cup games and Europa competition to deal with , I'm concerned that we haven't really strengthened Our squad, Bought two youngsters in Galloway & Henen both for the U21's ,signed two loan players from last season Besic being the only first team player added/ bought who didn't play last season. Now call me a negative B*stard but, I'm seriously worried, I really hope I'm wrong.

It feel like our pre-season has been inadequate this summer and we're a couple of games away from being ready for the new season.   What worries me the most is that most of the players who played in the world cup have had minimal involvement or no involvement at all.

Im hoping our quality pulls us through against Leicester as we dont seem to be anywhere near 100% match fitness!
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 10:08 am

Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Barry
Besic   Macca
    Barkley

Howard
       Barry       Macca
      Mirallas        Besic
             Barkley
                 Lukaku

It feel like our pre-season has been inadequate this summer and we're a couple of games away from being ready for the new season.   What worries me the most is that most of the players who played in the world cup have had minimal involvement or no involvement at all.

Im hoping our quality pulls us through against Leicester as we dont seem to be anywhere near 100% match fitness!

Agreed Cahill, I totally understand Martinez giving youngsters a chance in pre-season but, we should be looking at playing Our first team for high profile games like these,
Howard-Baines-Jagielka-Mirallas-Pienaar-Lukaku should be playing full 90 minutes in games against Porto-Celta vego .How else are they going to be fit for the start of the season, It concerns me that Lukaku-Mirallas have not been involved in pre-season , many other players retuning from the world cup are weeks ahead in fitness.

We have a few very differcult games at the start of the season , fitness is paramount to how we perform the rest of the season.
sefton

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 12:38 pm

Feck me there are some miserable barstewards on here.

Look at our pre-season results last year, they were also shite, yet we had our record premier league points haul.

I hate pre-season games, as you get these results and people start flapping.

We have a good side, nothing has changed....in fact the team itself is the same so why would we now be shite after finishing 5th last season?

Pass me that JD
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13102
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 12:58 pm

sefton wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Barry
Besic   Macca
    Barkley

Howard
       Barry       Macca
      Mirallas        Besic
             Barkley
                 Lukaku

Agreed Cahill, I totally understand Martinez giving youngsters a chance in pre-season but, we should be looking at playing Our first team for high profile games like these,
Howard-Baines-Jagielka-Mirallas-Pienaar-Lukaku should be playing full 90 minutes in games against Porto-Celta vego .How else are they going to be fit for the start of the season, It concerns me that Lukaku-Mirallas have not been involved in pre-season , many other players retuning from the world cup are weeks ahead in fitness.

We have a few very differcult games at the start of the season , fitness is paramount to how we perform the rest of the season.
who has kidnapped positive sef and replaced him with bubbles!
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25450
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 1:02 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:Feck me there are some miserable barstewards on here.

Look at our pre-season results last year, they were also shite, yet we had our record premier league points haul.

I hate pre-season games, as you get these results and people start flapping.

We have a good side, nothing has changed....in fact the team itself is the same so why would we now be shite after finishing 5th last season?

Pass me that JD

Its not a case of being a Miserable B*stard Gravy, its a case for debating ones opinion , we haven't seen are best team yet, admittedly we may be strong on paper but Martinez has mixed the team so much that regular first team players may fall short of playing time in order to bring them up to speed , That is what concerns me, are fitness level.

we haven't strengthened in places that are going to let us down over the season, cover for Howard-another striker are  two positions need addressing.
If Martinez is confident that Robles is good enough to cover Howard and kone will find his form then fine, but I don't share the same confidence.
sefton

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 4:39 pm

I'm off to read Toffeeweb and cheer myself up  Laughing 
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3250
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 5:51 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:I'm off to read Toffeeweb and cheer myself up  Laughing 

sefton

Back to top Go down

Post  sefton on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 6:01 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
sefton wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Barry
Besic   Macca
    Barkley

Howard
       Barry       Macca
      Mirallas        Besic
             Barkley
                 Lukaku

who has kidnapped positive sef and replaced him with bubbles!

I am being positive STJ, Positive we will struggle unless we bring in a keeper & striker.
on a real positive note, I'm looking forward to when Martinez selects a team that will be first team players, not a mix-mash like we have seen in pre-season.
looking forward to seeing Lukaku-Howard-Coleman and mirallas return , we will see the best of Besic.
sefton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top